Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
1601 SW Morrison St
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gildasitalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5036885066
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Roberti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for further information on our take-out catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for all company, private, birthday, rehearsal and retirement parties.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Roberti 503-224-0051
A word from Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
Authentic regional Italian cuisine. Serving local, organic, and sustainable.Continued
Full service drink menu including house cocktails, 14 draught beers, and a selection of Italian and local wines.
Full service drink menu including house cocktails, 14 draught beers, and a selection of Italian and local wines.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (40)romantic (26)notable wine list (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Super!AFindDined on 8/30/2014Great food! Friend has been to Italy and said this was authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicehystersteveDined on 8/27/2014The wait staff was superb and the food was even better. The spaghetti and meatballs were superb as usual. The veal special was extremely tasteful and served to perfection. I would highly recommend Gilda's to anyone looking for great food, a friendly atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We go to Gilda's often. Food is consistently good. Service this time was slower than usual. One of portland's better Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GarweinDined on 8/20/2014The veal is perfectly prepared. The wait staff is terrificSpecial Features:
- Best neighborhood ItalianBHopkinsDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding food - the Rigatoni Norma was especially good and the meatballs are the best in PortlandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda's Restaurant - A DelightdelicioustwoDined on 8/10/2014Next to Lincoln High and Providence Park Stadium, this Italian restaurant is outstanding in all respects, especially the food. The cocktails are excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We had a wonderful time. It was a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantpdxeatingDined on 8/3/2014Gilda's is our favorite Italian restaurant in Portland. Service is outstanding, and the food is great. I am a fan of traditional Italian fare, and can recommend Gilda's spaghetti and meatballs--just like Grandma used to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FaveDanoDined on 7/31/2014Gilda's has become a favorite for my wife and me. Good food, service and atmosphere. And the usually have gluten a free pasta option available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too RareDisappointedVIPDined on 7/28/2014Always enjoyed my meal, but this time I had the veal dish and the meat was practically raw. Had to send it back, got the excuse that the veal culet is thicker then others. This excuse does not cut it since a good cook should know when if the meat is not cooked enough no matter what the thickness is. The food was very tasting, and my wife enjoy her dinner this is why rated the food as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryflavrfanDined on 7/25/2014I've been to Gilda's several times, and enjoyed it with large groups and small. I like the family atmosphere. The food is home style Italian, and can be satisfyingly good. The service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab service. good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Love the happy hour in the VERY unassuming bar, but I've frequented the white tablecloth version a couple of times lately and have found it to be what I'm looking for in fine dining--excellent service, quiet, pleasant surroundings and darn good food, not rave-about food, but really good, fresh food served piping hot with care. If you order the right thing, beet salad-- add scallops, side of vegetable that includes cauliflower, it can be sublime. Sauces are good. spaghetti and meatballs are very good for a restaurant (I'm Italian with a cook's heritage). I can't wait to go again to come up with the perfect choice. I know it's there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, varied menu and excellent service. Our new favorite ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014everyone, especially our server, nicole, went an extra mile to make this birthday celebration special for someone turning 101 years old! the food was fabulous, the staff accommodating and the ambiance delightful. every bite of food was incredible, from salads to veal cutlet to ice cream. we will definitely return for more!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Gilda's is one of our favorite local Italian restaurant. The people are always so friendly from the cook behind the counter saying hello. I had their caprice salad for the first time last week and it was one of the very best. They always have an excellent veal dish prepared in different ways. And not that many restaurants have veal nos. Also fresh halibut prepared normally prepared in caper sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service. Fabulous Caesar salD. Spaghetti and meatballs are great. Only place I know that serve cherries Amerine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimbersdinerDined on 7/18/2014At least our fifth time at Gilda's, coming up from Salem. Food is always excellent. Very busy before a Timbers match. Server was very familiar with the menu and offered suggestions. We enjoy dining at Gilda's and bringing guests.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedPortlanderDined on 7/16/2014This is a jewel of a find. We dined here twice before plays at A.R.T and will make it our go-to restaurant, it's that special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ECGBDined on 7/7/2014We searched OpenTable to find a place to go for our anniversary and this was the first time using the app and it was wonderful! Food and service was great!Special Features:
- Italian Comfort FoodPlatinumjstrainDined on 7/6/2014On the Sunday after the Fourth of July, we were looking for a quiet place that was close by. Gilda's was perfect. We had a panzionale that was to die for, vongole with a saffron sauce and the fresh papardelle with wild boar ragu. Oh my. It was all delicious and just what we needed.Special Features:
- vypiesDined on 7/2/2014We love this place! The food is always perfect and delicious. The service is friendly and very helpful; attentive. The menu selections are always inviting and never disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Food was prepared very well. Service was good and good variety of wines by the glass. Would go back for either lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SPECIALS!DianneDiningPicksDined on 6/24/2014We had a great dinner @ Gilda's as we took friends to our neighborhood gem to celebrate my birthday, and we all enjoyed something different. Great veal special, great halibut special, spectacular fruit salad special!!! Momma's meatballs and Ahi were HUGE home runs for the guys. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gilda's!!! And our friends said they will definitely return again - and Gilda's remains my favorite Goose Hollow spot to dine!Special Features:
- Service is not everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/22/2014A week ago we visited Gilda's and had a delicious dinner an enjoyable evening. So, we decided to return and bring another couple. The table we had requested was ready and we were seated promptly......took us a while to order drinks, I ordered 2 bottles of wine.Selena, our waitress put both of them on the table, opened the white and poured a full glass for my guest. When I asked who might taste it before she served it, I was ignored. She then showed me the red. it was 3 years off the vintage on the menu. Told her this was not what I ordered and she said the wine list had not been updated in awhile. we will return.............but make sure we add we DO NOT WANT SELENA TO WAIT ON US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!Eater10000VIPDined on 6/22/2014We come reasonably often to Gilda's, and this evening gave us reason to continue to come back. We started with the caprese special; the burrata was perfect and the heirloom tomatoes were delicious. My spouse had the spaghetti & meatballs, and I had the eggplant rigatoni. My spouse always gets that dish, as it is her absolute favorite in town. I have tried many dishes here, though I think this may be my new favorite. The spice in the sauce was a perfect foil to the eggplant. We finished with the affrogato; simple yet elegant.Special Features:
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/17/2014The dishes were both creative without losing their traditional roots. Food was fresh with local ingredients, prepared perfectly. We split pastas and entrees to enjoy a traditional meal. It was wonderful and we'll be going back this Saturday with some friends from the East Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian DiningRobertDined on 6/17/2014My Husband and I have visited Gilda's on about 5 occasions. Every visit has been terrific. As former NYers' we think that Gilda's is the best Italian restaurant that we have been to in Portland. The service is outstanding and the meals have all been great. It is a small dining area and the conversational level is a little high but we had no problem having a good conversation with the two friends we took there for dinner. It is our favorite place to take guests for an enjoyable culinary experience. Robert and NormaSpecial Features:
- A taste of italyJessinnyVIPDined on 6/17/2014The good was fresh and flavorful. The atmosphere was cozy and warm. A great place to experience home style Italian cooking kicked up a few notches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not return due to competitionFoodiewithkidsDined on 6/14/20147 people in our party including four kids, they added 20% to our bill so I'm not sure if that's why the service was horrible. first round of bread in olive oil is free but then you have to pay a dollar each for each additional round spaghetti and meatballs were great but the special was tasteless. Service was extremely slow. Since there is several great Italian restaurants in the area, I will not return because of the poor service.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food!violet225Dined on 6/14/2014My Mom, Dad, and myself dined at Gilda's the evening of my graduation celebration. This restaurant was highly recommended by a couple of coworkers who frequently dine in the Portland area. I was looking for a place with a beautiful and quiet ambiance, and excellent food. Gilda's delivered very well on both counts, and I will tell all of my friends what a wonderful place this is!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014Good food and great service. Lovely atmosphere. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed the food and the decor of the restaurant, the staff were friendly and helpful. We chose Gildas because of the proximity to the Artists Repertory Theater and had not dined there before. It was an early Friday evening. The noise level was excessive, to the point that we felt we had to speak loudly and lean toward each other in order to hear, which really diminished the dining experience. In fact, it was a relief to get outside and be able to converse normally again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warmed my heart and stomachOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2014First time in 18 years I have lived in Portland I found Broholie (pronounced Broshole) on a menu. Growing up Italian in central NY it was my favorite meal and I have not seen it on a menu west of MS river. The dish was prepared differently but it still warmed my heat and my belly. Kudos to the Chef making great classic Italian food priced reasonably. They do it right here they way Italian food is meant to be served to encourage people of all walks of life to sit down share ideas, spend time together, and have a great meal. I will bring my parents to this restaurant when they come visit. To add validity to this statement my parents have their own cooking show in central NY, ran a pasta making company, and a restaurant. C u soon.Special Features:
- Good food, good pricesPadraigDined on 6/12/2014Our second visit to this lovely Italian restaurant was as good as the first. Creative menu, good service, good servicing sizes. This place is great for pre-theater (Artists Repertory), and a nice place to take friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food.Hard to hear.ElaineDined on 6/8/2014The food was some of the best Italian we have had since we visited Italy some six years ago. It was authentic and the pairings of sauces and food were perfect. I had the homemade pasta with the seafood and it was to die for! We had two desserts that were wonderful. One was the waffle anise cookies with berries and creams. Good was a special occasion or when you just want to take yourself back to Italy for a few hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarlatDined on 6/7/2014Basic Italian cuisine done without pretense or much creativity. Fair value price versus quality. The wine list could use a refresh.Special Features:
- MdkoVIPDined on 6/5/2014This is a great place to go before plays at Artist's Rep. The food is always delicious, and the ambience is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious HalibutDianneDiningPicksDined on 5/24/2014Lovely meal of halibut, super quantity of veggies & a KILLER polenta cake! We adore Gilda's! We were even serenaded with an excellent, Italian solo by an inspired guest of the restaurant! The wait staff did a great job keeping our emptied water glasses full, too!Special Features:
- Lacked the usual wow factorsmartypantsDined on 5/20/2014Our server was, how can I say this, unique. Lacked the calm professionalism that we are used to at Gilda's. The food was just so, so. We have been to Gilda's several times and have been very happy with the service and food but this last time was not great. We'll go again but if the experience is the same we'll move this restaurant to the bottom of our list. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food. And service were excellent as usual. Special cannelloni was good and the serving size was substantial. Cherries Amerindian are superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.