Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
1601 SW Morrison St
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gildasitalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (503) 688-5066
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Roberti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for further information on our take-out catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for all company, private, birthday, rehearsal and retirement parties.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Roberti 503-224-0051
A word from Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
Authentic regional Italian cuisine. Serving local, organic, and sustainable.Continued
Full service drink menu including house cocktails, 14 draught beers, and a selection of Italian and local wines.
Full service drink menu including house cocktails, 14 draught beers, and a selection of Italian and local wines.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (26)romantic (25)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Highly Recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2014I am fortunate to live only three blocks from this great place! I love the mista salad, and the bolognese. Their house chianti is excellent too! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Best ceasar salad in Portland. Choice of salad size is a plus. Veal Marsala was tough. Draper valley chicken was outstanding. Cherries awareness and affagatto make excellent deserts. One of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda's has the best Italian food in Portland!NancyDined on 11/19/2014If you want to save yourself the airline trip to Sorrento, just go to Gildas. Honestly, I thought I would never find such a sweet, beautifully decorated place, with unique Italian dishes, and the best olive dipping oil EVER! The baked cheese appetizer was to die for, and everyone else in our group loved it. I am planning to go back to the bar to try the hand ground hamburger, it sounds fabulous. I just love the atmosphere, and the family photos. Berry cobbler or tart or whatever it was called was just wonderful. Love getting FRESH pasta too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit in less than 2 weeks.Konaboy1Dined on 11/17/2014The crispy polenta is a must. I had the daily fish special both times I've been there. Others in our party had the lobster with homemade pasta and cioppino. We realty enjoyed our evening and will return very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Unfortunately, we didn't find it at Gilda's. Lots of hype but marginal food and service. Disappointed in one of their standby regular meals and one of their specials. Our service was not good, including being seated before people on either side of us and our food came out after theirs, and only after we had asked for it. And then when it arrived it appeared to have sat under the heat lamp. I had also mentioned at the time of reservation that we were celebrating my husband's birthday and not only did they not acknowledge it at all, we were presented with the bill without even asking us if we wanted to order dessert. Usually I'd give this place another chance but with so many great restaurants in town we'll be looking elsewhere.
- A good recommendationMagsDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint. The food was excellent, tasty and well presented, and the wine list was good. Our server was very pleasant and attentive and the music was muted and not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitMaddogDined on 11/10/2014Service was excellent, Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The pasta was outstanding. The Peroni Italian beer is a must.Special Features:
- OverallSaSaDined on 11/8/2014Had to wait about 15 min. Had to wait for wait staff for awhile. Wine expensive & needed decanting but they didn't decant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it to yourself..JoeDDined on 11/3/2014I'm reluctant to praise Gilda's too strongly, out of concern that it becomes more-widely "discovered" and loses its unpretentious nature. The food here is grandma-authentic, uses high-quality ingredients, and is reasonably-priced. The service is friendly and attentive without being fussy or obtrusive. With a decent wine selection (and full bar), it meets the needs of a fairly broad base of regulars from the neighborhood and beyond. I'm happy that it is successful, but hope it doesn't become so popular that its charm and appeal is compromised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Impressed a critic.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I am a food snob. I usually find something wrong. I couldn't at Gilda's. Ambiance was old word charm. It was packed, so the noise level was up there, as you would expect. It was more lively than overbearing. The wait staff was attentive. The food had a wonderful seasonal spin on it. The wild boar pasta is fantastic. There was a special. Red Snapper over roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash topped with a wonderful sauce and local crab, with a side of deep fried, super crunchy polenta. Most places over cook the fish. Not Guilda's done to perfection. The salads are great too. Do save room for desert. Try the tiramisu, it is wonderful. I rarely give 5 stars, but Guilda's is getting one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousEater10000VIPDined on 10/26/2014We visit often and are always impressed with the quality of the food. We started with a special chanterelle and wilted arugula appetizer, which was superbly balanced. For entrees, my spouse (always) had the spaghetti & meatballs. She loves that dish. I had the braciole, which is incredibly flavorful. The portions are very generous, so it is a great value plus you can take some home and order dessert! We had a new server, who was very friendly and described the dishes well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food all aroundgraditudeDined on 10/26/2014My first visit to Gilda's was wonderful. Quite simple ambiance. From wine to entree's everything was exceptional. Will definitely return for great food.Special Features:
- Great food & servicebellacantoDined on 10/25/2014My companion and I split the Bietole salad - it arrived promptly, was chilled, and had great flavor. Our entrees were wonderful - I had the chicken which was bathed in a truly delectable sauce of mushrooms, capers and sherry. The chicken was tender and cooked to perfection. My companion ordered the Risotto Funghi which did not disappoint. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert, but did have room for a small order of cookies to accompany our coffee. Again, all was delightful. I look forward to returning to Gilda's to try something else on their menu. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was due to the very noisy dining room - but after all, success means having a lot of diners enjoying themselves. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceMickeyDined on 10/24/2014Very nice experience. Food was very good, atmosphere pleasant and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda11goose19VIPDined on 10/24/2014First time at Gilda's for most in our group. One of the better Italian restaurants in Portland. I have walked by this place many times but never tried it until a friend recommended it recently. All pasta dishes were very tastefully done. Lunch portions are a bit big and could easily be shared, reasonably priced to boot. Over all a very nice place for great Italian food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Great dinner...enjoyable experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- spectacular food, friendly servicerainwaterDined on 10/19/2014We often come to Gilda's before the theater, and we are never disappointed. Glorious seafood, great wine, friendly service, and a good chance of meeting other theater goers.Special Features:
- Delish Italian Near Downtown PDXAboutTownVIPDined on 10/19/2014We drove by Gilda's several times and decided to finally try it. The reviews were mostly positive. We had the beet salad which was very good, fresh. We had the veal entree and the carbonara. They were both very good. The comment on the veal was it was rather richly prepared. Not a bad thing, but just be prepare by not over-eating on the appetizers. The pasta was done perfectly, not over-cooked. Flavors worked well together. I wanted to try the homemade desserts but there simply was not space for it. The service was attentive, but it did get rather busy toward the end of our meal. The room needed some character and charm. But overall experience was very good.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!GigiDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at Gilda's and we had a great experience. Our food was delicious, especially the beet salad and the spaghetti carbonara. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. It was very busy so the timing of service was a little off but the food and genuine hospitality made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchieDined on 10/12/2014Everything was very good: service, ambiance and food. The only thing is that we all felt very heavy after having had a pasta dish and shared a dessert. I got the same comment from a friend who had gone to the restaurant. Could they lighten the dishes in their preparation? That would be the only improvement, besides they should not charging for the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Gilda's many times. The blue salad and spaghetti and meatballs were not up to their standards this time. My wife still says their ceasar salad is the best in portland. Her pork shoulder was plentiful and delicious. The cherries Amerine were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!BestVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was our second visit, chosen because it's close to Artists Rep theatre. It's great for before show; make a reservation, it was packed. We've just returned from Italy, and loved how authentic the food at Gilda's is. Portions are large, and they seemed OK with us sharing dishes. Actually, I can't wait to go back - may not wait for the next play as a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeNancyDined on 10/2/2014The food at Marco's is absolutely authentic. The bolognese sauce is the absolute best, even if you compare it to a great restaurant in Firenze, or Venezia. This time I had the pork shoulder, which was very good as were the white truffle potatoes. Getting fresh pasta, cooked to perfection is a rarity even in foody Portland. I love the wall frescoes, and the family photos make this an interesting place! I had the good fortune to live next door to grandma Gilda for two summers, and she was so proud of Marco, and how he made her recipes available for everyone. I have been all over Italy, and whenever I want to be there in spirit I go to Gildas and feel like I have had a little trip to Calabria!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Each time we have dined we had excellent food and service. Always feel special on any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSweetSueDined on 9/25/2014We eat here before attending plays at ART and I have never been disappointed. I usually order the fish special. On this occasion, it was fresh halibut piccata served with their scrumptious polenta cake. OMG, so good. The fish is always cooked perfectly. I love this cozy, comfortable spot, and the service is always friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian experiencefoodieDined on 9/23/2014Gilda's never ceases to impress us, we are always taking our out of town friends to experience not only the fabulous food, but the dining experience in general. Absolutely top table chef, staff and menu~~lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValerieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was great. The veal a must have. The prices were a bit high and there was an extra charge for bread and olive oil which was strange for an Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Very fine food and serviceCitygirlVIPDined on 9/14/2014but I am dismayed that someone would ask me to pay separately for bread and ovoo. Yes, I know it is done in Europe but we are in Portland. Many fine restaurants never charge for this kind of starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda's InspirationDarylVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had the privilege of unknowingly being sat next to the co-proprietors during our recent visit, and got to learn all about the history of the restaurant, the origin of the food, and the inspiration of the chef. The food really is top-notch, and any dish with tomato sauce is a true treat.Special Features:
- Lovely ItalianDinneroutDined on 9/9/2014We come here as often as possible and always love the rigatoni bolognese. Next time we want to go and try out the bar and happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comments Re Gilda'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We were first time visitors to Gilda's on the recommendation of a friend. We were very happy that we accepted the advice, since the food and service were excellent. Gilda's is a fine exemplar of a creative approach to traditional Italian cuisine done up with love and attention. It has to rank among the best Italian eateries in Portland.Special Features:
- Super!AFindDined on 8/30/2014Great food! Friend has been to Italy and said this was authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicehystersteveDined on 8/27/2014The wait staff was superb and the food was even better. The spaghetti and meatballs were superb as usual. The veal special was extremely tasteful and served to perfection. I would highly recommend Gilda's to anyone looking for great food, a friendly atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We go to Gilda's often. Food is consistently good. Service this time was slower than usual. One of portland's better Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian foodSuzyQDined on 8/22/2014Went there with friends upon a recommendation for coworkers. It was good. Not great, but good solid food and above average service.Special Features:
- GarweinDined on 8/20/2014The veal is perfectly prepared. The wait staff is terrificSpecial Features:
- Best neighborhood ItalianBHopkinsDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding food - the Rigatoni Norma was especially good and the meatballs are the best in PortlandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda's Restaurant - A DelightdelicioustwoDined on 8/10/2014Next to Lincoln High and Providence Park Stadium, this Italian restaurant is outstanding in all respects, especially the food. The cocktails are excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We had a wonderful time. It was a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantpdxeatingDined on 8/3/2014Gilda's is our favorite Italian restaurant in Portland. Service is outstanding, and the food is great. I am a fan of traditional Italian fare, and can recommend Gilda's spaghetti and meatballs--just like Grandma used to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.