Gilbey's Seafood and Steak
25775 Perdido Beach Blvd
Orange Beach, AL 36561Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Gilbey's Seafood and Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://gilbeysseafoodandsteaks.com/
- Phone: 2519812988x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm , Lunch/Dinner
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Lunch / Dinner
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Lunch / Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Jon Odum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available any size party, wedding, or business gathering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room seating up to 30 people. 50" flat screen for PowerPoint, ball games whatever your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ian Lopez 2519812988x
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinner $40 per person for a four course meal with paired wine selections.
A word from Gilbey's Seafood and Steak
Gilbey's Seafood and Steak offers fresh Gulf Seafood and Premium Hand Cut Steaks. We have an extensive wine list and hand crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gilbey's Seafood and Steak - Best Restaurants in Orange Beach ›
Gilbey's Seafood and Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (14)good for groups (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Steak was perfect. Wonderful crab claw app. Really nice service, but was a little slow. Overall really nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good great serviceChadVIPDined on 9/12/20142nd time to eat here and really enjoy it. Their food combinations are excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BestClassyVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were fortunate to have found this wonderful restaurant in Orange Beach. Open Table was right on as far as recommending this restaurant. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted something special and we got what we wanted and more. We spent our honeymoon many years ago cruising the canals of France and of course, visiting the wine country. One of our favorite wines of all time is Rully of Cote D' Or. It is extremely hard to find in the United States and Gilbey's had it. We were blown away. The food and service were impeccable, which matched the wine. We live several states away from Orange Beach and this fine restaurant but we will return.Special Features:
- Great experienceiamdaman76VIPDined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed the food and the restaurant. Everything was great. The meal and dining experience seemed to happen very quickly. I was never "rushed," but that is the only reason I didn't give it 5-stars.Special Features:
- consistently greatjfmobDined on 9/5/2014food and service is always great and the atmosphere is upscale and relaxing. I love that they take reservations~Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemLon2dineDined on 8/29/2014We were here a few years ago when it was called Zens and loved it. So we wanted to give it a chance and found it to be just has good. We all had seafood and everyone was pleased with the selection. Our server was so attentive and made the evening lots of fun. The music was a little loud at first but our sweet server took care of that for us . It was a very pleasant evening and will return on next visit. Another surprise was on a Friday night and no waiting because of open table ,our reservation was at 7 and we were seated immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendsforeverDined on 8/24/2014Our group of 9 ladies truly enjoyed our lunch after Church Sunday. Our server Junior was awesome and very accommodating to everyone's special request. Food was delicious and not one complaint from anyone in this group - which is speaking volumes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, okay foodKathyLaTxAlDined on 8/1/2014The oyster appetizers were pretty bad, but we should know better than to order them in July -- they were chewy and toppings were watery. My sister's grouper was raw and she didn't feel like sending it back -- but they also didn't ask why she didn't eat it when they picked it up. My Mom's was also undercooked and she left most of it. Several ordered blackened grouper which was bland and didn't seem to be blackened at all. All of the grouper dishes looked anemic. The waitress recommended the pork chop, and it was definitely the best thing we ordered, but I don't think anyone else was particulary thrilled with their selection. They brought us a couple of dessert samplers to celebrate my Mom's 75th birthday and the desserts were all good.
- Much More Than Meets the Eye!PickyEaterDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for a place in the Gulf Area that would take a reservation because we were tired of waiting an hour or more for a table for a large group at the regular places (Live Bait, Bubba's Seafood, etc) and found Gilbey's available for reservations on OpenTable. Food looked a little more upscale and the Ratings were good so we decided to try it out. We drove up to find it was in a shopping center and immediately we were worried about our decision. We went in anyway, and Boy, were we glad we did! Nice ambience, great service, and stellar dining options! Appetizers of Onion Rings & Lobster/Tasso Dip and then we all ordered steaks...filets, strips and ribeyes. Everyone cleaned their plates! Best fine dining in the GS/OB Area hands-down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedtScottDined on 7/25/2014Did not have all menu items available. Did not cook all of our steak orders properly. New York strip steak was gristly.
- Searay97Dined on 7/23/20145 star restaurant , white tablecloth ambience. But family friendly and casual dress. Food was exemplary, as well as service and live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food through dessertAudgeDined on 7/18/2014Our party of eight enjoyed all of our courses. The main course portions were appropriate and not overly done. Our desserts were huge and delicious. Live music played the evening we were dining which wasn't too loud we couldn't hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow servicejcbucknutDined on 7/15/2014Waited 20 minutes before a waiter approached us. Had to ask for refills more than once. Waiter was not perceptive.Special Features:
- ragman4Dined on 7/11/2014The cut of the steaks were not up to par with better steak houses. For sure, I can grill a steak better and get it closer to the correct temp and degree of doneness. They should offer baked potatoes or some other starch to eat with a steak if they are going to profess to be a steak house. We had to send my wife's steak back since it was over cooked. The arrangement for seating was very nice and the young lady who waited on us was terrific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for out of town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Gilbeys was a good experience for our last night of vacation. We were visiting nephew/cousin at naval base and he and another marine were with us. Customer bought them dessert to honor them which was touching to all of us. Singer was too loud and not fitting to the restaurant. 3 of our 8 dinners were late coming out, but server was very apologetic and manager sent out two sample plates of all desserts to compensate even though we never complained. Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveTheBeachDined on 7/10/2014The food & service were very good for a reasonable price. We had roasted oysters, scallops dinner, grilled shrimp dinner, & crab cakes dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gemvacation4junkieDined on 7/6/2014After a horrible lunch at a local restaurant I went online to find a place for dinner. Gilbey's wasn't high on the radar of online searches but I remembered seeing it on the strip and the overall reviews were good. I called ahead to make reservations. The atmosphere was great, the staff was friendly and the food was wonderful! It was a little pricey but well worth it, the best meal we had during our vacation on the beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find in Orange Beach!Em2eatfineDined on 6/29/2014Walked in not expecting how nice this place was. Really wasn't expecting how excellent the food was! I went 2 nights in a row. Second night was for my birthday and had to go again because I loved my dish so much. I ordered the Blackened Grouper first night and pan seared Grouper the second. Both were excellent!!! I'm planning to go back before I go home! EXCELLENT FOOD, atmosphere and service!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 6/29/2014Not necessarily due to a lack of effort by staff but the restaurant was not prepared the night my family dined there. Obvious shortage in staff and you could tell there was chaos watching staff communicate with each other. We observed individuals leave before they were waited on due to time. The restaruant was out of several items and the food once we received it was just ok. I commented in a polite way to the manager that there was obvious confusion that night and offered constructive criticism.
- DeedeebeeDined on 6/29/2014We were disappointed in the overall experience, especially for the higher prices. The service was very slow even though the restaurant was not very busy. The food portions are very small, with the grouper being less than 3-4 oz. The oysters were about the size of a dime! For a restaurant with these prices you expect great service and excellent food. We got neither and will not be back.
- Zen's Lives on at Gibley'sPColaLouVIPDined on 6/29/2014I really enjoyed the food at Zen's and was honestly disappointed when I saw a different sign one day. I recently tried it out and found that the ownership and food quality are still the same, they just went through a minor relaunch. Food is still high quality and I really enjoy eating lunch on their outdoor dining area. Great place for a high quality bite on the way to the beach!Special Features:
- Great but....HungryTexanDined on 6/28/2014The food was great, but we had to switch tables because the first one had a top so wobbly our glasses would have spilled. My 8-year-old was clearly disappointed in his macaroni. (He barely ate any of it. I guess it was too fancy for him.) My husband loved the seafood pasta and my steak with blue cheese was to-die-for. The blueberry cheesecake was microscopic.Special Features:
- Great to find hew local place!tkhuDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. There was a wide selection of steaks and seafood, and the appetizers were great. Our sever Joseph took exceptionally good care of us. Would recommend this to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reprieve from beach sceneTravelingDinerDined on 6/24/2014I wanted a quieter, dressier place for dinner after a day of work and some time in the sun. The food was well prepared and the portions appropriate for fine dining. Good menu selections. The staff pleasantly allowed me to change the vegetables to ones I preferred over the ones listed for the entree. With an entree, the hot bread served with the meal, and a glass of wine, I was comfortably full, and decided against the desserts even though they were tempting. The atmosphere was dressy casual, which is hard to find in a beach town. A great place for slow-paced conversation and lingering over dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodMWohlDined on 6/19/2014We had very attentive service, and we pretty much across the board enjoyed the food...in particular the steaks and appetizers.Special Features:
- WinealabamaveteranDined on 6/15/2014We had a problem with the red wine we ordered. It was very bad. But, the waiter and the manager took it back (no questions asked) and we got another wine which was outstanding. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the evening I would highly recommend Gilbeys. Our second time after the wine and cheese parings dinner last month.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood at GilbeysNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/13/2014Found this restaurant on open table. Very glad we did. All the food was delicious, and the service was great (Thanks stephen).Special Features:
- Grilled Grouper1onofinedinerDined on 6/7/2014Two people ordered grilled grouper and thought it was grilled perfectly, moist and flaking. One had the corn & cream sauce & loved it. One ordered it on the side and preferred the fish on its own. The other diner ordered crab cakes and thought them superior...lots of crabmeat and not a lot of bread filler. We all will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014Our oyster appetizer and entrees were delicious and the bananas foster cheesecake was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a bit overpricedhodgyDined on 6/3/2014Our family of 8 had a good meal, not an awesome meal and a bit overpriced...but it was good....a nice restaurant, friendly service, and a nice addition to Gulf Shores.Special Features:
- Great experienceGigiDined on 5/25/2014This place was recommended by our waiter, Colin, at Ducks Diner, he works there days and Gilbey's at night. The bar is fabulous. We had cocktails, appetizers, and dinner on the outside deck, (the gulf is right across the street, so we had a terrific view). The wait staff was friendly and attentive, but not intrusive. We told them we were headed to a concert at The Wharf, (Styxs & Foreigner, awesome) so they were prompt with our orders but we never felt rushed. I highly recommend this place. If you go, be sure and ask for Colin and be sure to try the Sea Salt scrub in the restrooms (killer stuff) we all bought some to take home.Special Features:
- DanEatwellVIPDined on 5/23/2014Gilbey's is an outstanding place that you just don't expect at the beach. 5 star dining and food with outstanding service. Don't skip this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Gilbey's Seafood and Steak reviews archive.
- Almost excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Service was outstanding. Appetizers and entrees were delivered quickly. The roasted oysters were very good and the steaks were also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The food, the service, and the ambiance were all first rate. One of the best restaurants in Orange Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014The steak was over cooked and very small portion with a very high price. Will not be returning
- Great Birthday dinnerWeenaDined on 4/26/2014We had an excellent meal of steaks and seafood pasta. The crab claws and wontons were wonderful appetizers. Service was great and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GilbeyMaybenexttimeDined on 4/26/2014Food was very good, service was slow. Building interior is mostly hard surfaces making table conversation difficult Solo guitarst was too loud considering the accousticsSpecial Features:
- Saturday nightFamilyDined on 4/26/2014The food was good. The server attentive. The manager very helpful. We were a party of 8 and the kitchen had some difficulty in finishing all dinners at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had all three oyster dishes, the lobster mac n cheese and the shrimp and grits. All delicious, but the show-stealer was the crawish and cream cheese wontons. YUM!!Special Features:
- SealvrDined on 4/25/2014Very nice dinner and terrific staff. We went for our 27th anniversary and they made it a great one. Portions were sized right and delicious. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.