Gilberth's Rotisserie & Grill
2427-2429 3rd St
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
Potrero Hill / Dogpatch
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gilberth's Rotisserie & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (415) 913-7163
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Fusion / Eclectic, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Gilberth Cab
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: We will be providing with catering based on your catering needs. We would need about a week in advance to know what it is that you would like us to provide the customer with.
- Special Events: We Now offer a dine with a wine maker event every 3rd thursday of the month. It will consist a 4 course pre-set meal along with a glass of wine per course. We can gladly accommodate our courses to our vegetarians. To find out more information about this event please contact Julia @ 415-425-1350
or email all questions to email@example.com
- Cross Street: 22nd Street
- Public Transit: The following public transportation will take you to this location:
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty of street parking at night.
During the day it can be difficult. There will be metered parking soon.
A word from Gilberth's Rotisserie & Grill
We offer a Latin fusion cuisine with some influences from Spain and the Caribbean. All of our food source are from local butcher,farms,and seafood providers. We pride ourselves in delivering the most out of our meals. Are recipes are from house ancestors to your table. Come and join us for a flavorful experience!!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gilberth's Rotisserie & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014we had dinner at gilberths this weekend before an event next door at the wine works and it was lovely we were completely late and they were super accommodating and friendly and flexible. The food and wine were very good - loved the spicy brussel sprout small plate, ceviche was a bit overpowered by its vinegar and spices but still good - the fish was excellent ! the wine selection nice with a variety of price points. Our service was fast and personable. Overall would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & cute place!fredarepVIPDined on 11/6/2014I was surprised there weren't more people here. I hpe this place catches on--really great food. The chef knows his way around his kitchen. Everything was wonderful & came fast! Guess that's the upside of not being busy...Special Features:
- GoodPeterVIPDined on 10/10/2014Walked by many times ...finally got to go. it was good. I will return to try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!JacqueVIPDined on 9/25/2014I don't know why this place is not packed every night! The food is so good and different. I will be back many times. The Squid was outstanding and pork belly I am still craving. The potatoes were crisp and perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizLemonVIPDined on 9/3/2014Been to Gilbreth's many times and will keep going back, because the food is outstanding and the service attentive in the most understated way.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Gilberth's Rotisserie & Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/26/2014Good wine list with many South American selections. Very creative and interesting combinations in each dish. Alligator, duck, pork, beef and fish choices. Most with a bit of kick.Special Features:
- hjoansVIPDined on 5/27/2014Wonderful brussel sprouts, calamari and liver appetizer.Special Features:
- Hoping for better next timeChazVIPDined on 5/23/2014I was very excited to try this place in Dogpatch which seems to be looking to follow the Mission's lead with great local restaurants. Having to wait 20 minutes just for water and menus' is very frustrating and even more so given the place was only about half full. Disinterested looking waiters and people at the bar that looked like they worked there and never left the seat the entire time we were there. The food goes a long way making up for the bad service but I would liked to have another drink and something else but there are too many good options around the corner and down the street to waste time.Special Features:
- Good Tapas.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014Good tapas to snack on. Decent wine. Not very crowded on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Neighborhood findLizLemonVIPDined on 5/22/2014I've eaten at Gilbreth's 4 or 5 times in the past 9 months. Every meal has been outstanding; and all in the various groups who have been with me have agreed. A real find with exceptional price/value ratio. The Brussels Sprouts and Ceviche are unbelievable. Last time I ordered the Cubano sandwich—melt in your mouth good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in DogpatchXenophonVIPDined on 5/7/2014A thoughtful menu full of creative, delicious dishes, good service, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicestitchdaddy1Dined on 4/26/2014We made a last minute reservation for 4. We arrived on time and were seated promptly. The grilled Brussels sprouts and empanadas were AWESOME! I discovered I don't like elk with the elk sliders. Very game-y. The carnitas Cubano was delicious and so was my partner's roast chicken with PERFECT French fries. We ended with tres leches cake and cinnamon jalapeño chocolate pudding. Overall, a terrific dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014We attended a gallery opening in Dogpatch, a neighborhood not on our radar. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, the professional service and the hipness of this place. A great spot for good eats, friendly service and feeling alive with the spirit of San Francisco. Food wise, we loved the brussel sprouts, crispy yucca, and pork dishes...I suspect everything on the menu would be well executed considering the quality of the food we did indeed sample. Also, the dessert was great too...some kind of cake with a burnt caramel and strawberries...wonderful!Special Features:
- Needs workReliableVIPDined on 4/24/2014I really wanted to like this place. The space is good, it adds to a developing neighborhood, and the menu sounded interesting. Unfortunately the food came up short. We shared the sprouts, which were good. After that we had the duck and the ribs. I didn't try the duck but heard it was just o.k. My ribs were marginal. They needed to be cooked low and slow for tenderness. Instead, they had a chewy texture and were covered with sauce that could have come out of a Kraft bottle. Add that to some overpriced wine, and the result was underwhelming. Looking around the crowd, ⅓ may have been locals and ⅔ were older food tourists. If they don't improve the food quickly the tourists will be gone and this place is going to die.
- A great optionJP8itallDined on 4/12/2014A friend and I had tickets to a show and decided to have dinner here beforehand. We got there when it opened and thus it was very quiet and allowed us to converse easily. The food was fantastic, as was the service. The Horchata was amazing - it had an aftertaste that was just as pleasant as the drink itself. If you are into trying more exotic foods, this place does deliver on that, but also has great options for anyone who is less adventurous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at any time of the day/nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/3/2014We've been to Gilberth's multiple times including breakfast and haven't been disappointed yet. A very creative chef who develops variations of classic Mexican cuisine with intelligence and taste. For instance, his duck carnitas presents you with such new flavors but with the traditional execution......not to be missed. Of all things......elk sliders! Delicious and tender. Not enough time or space to go into the entire menu but for a very special treat give them a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Latin Fusion FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Went on Saturday night where it was unusually quiet in Dogpatch. More refined than Hard Knox Cafe across the street and quieter than Serpentine (since it doesn't have a cocktail scene). Great small plates. Some of the best brussel sprouts I ever had (I hate Brussels sprouts normally). Large plates were good but not great. Horchata was a little sweet but the blue corn drnk was fabulous. Good wine list and wine by the glass. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Friends UniteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014Three old friends came together to Dine- we came in missing each other very much, and we left full and very content. This restaurant is a neighborhood gym. While it is quiet and reserved, the food is not. Bold and creative, it brought us back to Carribean surf trips and dancing the night away (if only in our mouths).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous Little SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014The food at this superb small restaurant is the finest we've discovered in some time. It's approach to fusion cooking is excellent in its selection and execution. And the dessert item Natilla, a citrus tinged custard was beyond excellent. We intend to become regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of a let down.NiluDined on 2/14/2014Our 8 pm reservations were not held, we did not get a table but had to sit at a communal table. The service was very impersonal, very little attention was given to us. The food was good but everything could have been a little better...for example, everything needed more seasoning. And no sauce, salsa or salt/pepper was offered...hard to get attention from the server so we just ate the semi bland food and got out. This place could be SO good if a bit more attention was paid to the service and food.
- beautiful mealBetsyDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Everything we ate was really amazing. It was my birthday and it was the perfect, special birthday dinner. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad servicehauterouteVIPDined on 1/10/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the food---it has noticeably improved since the only other time we ate here. However, the service was quite poor and we will not likely return. It was painfully, ridiculously slow as there we only 2 servers for the entire dining area. And, they often were simply chatting away behind the bar rather than proactively serving. We waited 10 minutes after being seated just to get a drink request in. No discussion of menu items. No friendly greeting when we arrived. Service is clearly not a priority here, unfortunately.Special Features:
- first time therechompchompDined on 12/7/2013Was in search of a new restaurant in a new part of town and based on open table and yelp, we went to Gilberth's. It is off 3rd and 20th in Dogpatch. ast. to the restaurant. The place is smaller than I expected but it looked very clean. There was a family seated and we walked in with two other reservations. We were sat right away (we were 30 mins early for our reservation) The waitstaff is friendly and attentive. The menu was different than what was listed online; I wanted to try the 'Elote" but it was not on the menu, seasonal perhaps? We shared: Lechuga Asada Empanadillas de Jabalí Carne a la parilla Everything was excellent, very flavorful. We really enjoyed our meal. The Carne was so good! If you can, check this place out.Special Features:
- First TimeGeneODined on 11/15/2013Cerviche - an explosion of flavors in well balanced heat Baby Backed Ribs - meaty, non fatty, tasty & satisfyingSpecial Features:
- food a disappointmentjorocloDined on 10/19/2013We were really looking forward to what promised to be an out of the way "find". The food was a disappointment. The service very nice, and the ambience nice enough for that "industrial" style.
- Was going to a performancePerformanceGoerDined on 10/5/2013Was going to a performance at Z Space. Dogpatch seemed like the perfect neighborhood for dinner beforehand, and found Gilberth's. Very satisfied with space, service, and food. We had two starters, two main dishes, and the churritos for dessert. All was good to great.Special Features:
- Good food but bad slow serviceCassSFDined on 8/1/2013The food was all very tasty (I highly recommend the ceviche), but the service was poor. We put in our order for appetizers, got the starters and had to wait at least another 45 minutes before we could grab our server's attention to place our meal orders. The food took another 45 minutes and it was a very slow trickle for our party of 12 to receive their entrees. The youngest, my 12 year old cousin, literally never got her food. Someone finally came out to explain that they were out of the rotisserie chicken she had ordered, and if she wanted to order another entrée it would take another 45 minutes to prepare so we ended up donating food from other plates for her. Not a good place for large parties or if you're in a hurry.
- Great Dogpatch OptionJoleneVIPDined on 7/26/2013This is my third time to Gilberth's and the service has improved dramatically. The food has been consistently good.Special Features:
- probably will not go backSausalitoVIPDined on 6/25/2013This is a small place in Dog Patch that I wanted to like. The online menu is much more interesting than the actual menu on the night I was there. The very limited wine by the glass selection wasn't to my liking and I probably should have had a beer instead. The ribs were good but you can get ribs at a lot of places.
- Blue corn polenta was the best everkabitaDined on 5/24/2013The blue corn polenta that my friend ordered was the best we'd ever tasted! Alligator ceviche, roast chicken and sweet potato fries, gnocchi were really good too. I will definitely return and recommend the place to friends, for the care with which the food was prepared and assembled. The awesome palette of colours that the sauces added was as pleasing as the taste of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNDERrated!! (not for long...)yumsinsfDined on 5/18/2013This is such a great find - great food, very friendly and attentive service and such a delightful experience overall. We have had two extremely positive experiences here and we'll be back! Great take on Latin classics with some delicious twists. Happy it's still a hidden gem so we can always get in when we'd like, but love them too much not to spread the word...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was tasty. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/27/2013Everything was tasty. We ordered the brussel sprouts, empanadas, ceviche and the pollo main dish. We had an 8pm reservation on Sat and were seated right away. They were one wait person short so service was so-so and hard to get someone's attention. But overall a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- GrilliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013Very delicious food. The menu is very exotic, and it may intimidate people. However, the flavors and quality of the food is scrumptious and worth it!Special Features:
- The menu is eclectic, theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2013The menu is eclectic, the staff incredibly helpful and warm, and the food DIVINE. We absolutely loved this place! The brussels sprouts, which I don't even like normally, were absolutely amazing--I'd go back just for them! The sangria was delightful, and the blood orange sorbet for dessert was equally wonderful!Special Features:
- The portion size is very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The portion size is very small for the price they charge but most of the item we had were very good. The fish is excellent but quite small. The lamb tongue was delicious as well as the brussel sprouts. The polenta is terrible. The burger looked good but how exciting can a burger be?Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2013Really enjoyed our experience. We had only small plates but are looking forward to having the entrees and dessert next time.Special Features:
- Entree was served 2 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2013Entree was served 2 minutes after appetizers, but wouldn't fit on the table so had to be placed under a heat lamp. Food was okay, but ambiance was great for chatting over wine with a close friend. Really nice lighting. Very personable friendly staff. Will definitely go again but not with a food snob. Nice wine suggestions. Very reasonable prices and interesting dishes.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!davidjedDined on 2/14/2013Excellent, trendy-but-not-obnoxious, neighborhood eatery that maanges to be upscale without being pricey or pretentious. A perfect addition to the ever-expanding Dogpatch.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Awesome food and wonderful atmosphere. We came with a little kid and the staff was very friendly. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- They managed to make roastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/28/2013They managed to make roast chicken breast JUICY and tender. A rare find in America! And the music was great :)Special Features: