2 Beach Street
York Beach, ME 03910Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gigisyorkbeach.com/
- Phone: 2073518147x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday through Sunday: 5:00pm- 9:00pm until October 19
Happy Hour in the bar from 5-6pm
for $1 New England Oysters and drink specials
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Piergrossi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gigi's
Gigi's is an Italian-American restaurant focusing on high quality food and drink with an emphasis on hospitality and creating memorable casual dining experiences. We feature handmade pasta, local seafood, high quality steaks and pizza cooked in our wood oven. Our wine list consists of carefully selected Italian and American wines and our cocktail program uses fresh juices, classic technique and traditional ingredients. We are a group of passionate restaurant professionals excited about creating a positive work environment with high standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gigi's - Best Restaurants in York Beach ›
Gigi's reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (10)special occasion (9)scenic view (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Very good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad they are here!!YorkGirlDined on 9/21/2014We moved to York full-time a year ago and Gigis is our favorite! Great, inventive menu and super staff. A must visit if you are in the area!Special Features:
- Gigi,s is GreatSeacoastWillye1Dined on 9/18/2014All aspects of this establishment are outstanding.Special Features:
- A nice dinner at York Beach11jlb74VIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I dined at Gigi's and it was a lovely evening to sit outside on the deck. I think the décor is beautiful and it's a fresh look compared to the older restaurants in the area. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tdnetDined on 8/10/2014I found the food to be pricey for fair quality. The had no vegetable options for children outside of a salad, there were many vegetables offered at all, which was disappointing. The atmosphere and menu offering seems do not compliment themselves. The restaurant has plenty of potential, they just need to figure out if they are fine dining or bar dining.
- Great Restaurant!CapeNeddickLocalDined on 8/10/2014Food was wonderful! Fried fish, gnocchi, linguine w/ clams, etc. owners and staff are tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheWizardVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were excited to try Gigi's though we were surprised that few people we knew who frequented the area had even heard of it. Upon arrival we were offered an outside table which overlooked the street. That was the highlight, other than the fact that we scored a very convenient parking space across from the restaurant. The service was spotty at best and the table across from us seemed to encounter every problem possible from the wrong food to courses coming out staggered. Our food was passable but nothing special--the crab cakes did not taste fresh and were overcooked as was the stuffed lobster. The chicken parm was ok but lacked the necessary amount of mozzarella and the red sauce was not vintage Italian. Should have been better.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!ChecheDined on 7/30/2014Went at 8:15 for late night apps with my mom on our vacation, best idea ever! We stayed within walking distance arrived on time we were seated right away and from the moment we walked in until we walked out everything was amazing! The service was great, friendly happy servers, the food was delicious, the bubbly drink is the most perfect beach fancy drink I've ever had! The atmosphere was perfect. I can't wait to come back and get way more then just appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back twicePeteVIPDined on 7/6/2014Food was very good. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we came back a second night. There aren't any other places in York with the atmosphere of Gigi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AwesomeAllaroundwonderfulDined on 7/4/2014Dinner was amazing! The whole roasted fish was done exactly the way I remembered in Italy. Love the atmosphere, although sound carries from table to table. The bartender whipped up an awesome "mocktail" for me (being pregnant) & I felt like I was drinking which was really nice not to have to have water or soda. Katie was an excellent and charming waitress. The seats were very comfortable and we had a wonderful date night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the Gigi's reviews archive.
- Fabulous neighborhood findmainegirlDined on 6/30/2014The staff from owner to cleaning crew are remarkable and very engaging. It was a delight to speak to all and see their enthusiasm of the food prepared with great care and pride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food was well-proportioned and presented. The kids (4 & 2 years old) split the pasta & meatballs and loved it. The bread was amazing & warm and our eldest loved dipping it into the olive oil. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Yum.colgateDined on 6/22/2014Diane and I had the pan seared scallops, Karen the flounder...everything was delicious! Service was great...the staff was Very Pleasant!Special Features:
- Good food, great service!CallistoVIPDined on 6/20/2014First time at Gigi's. What a terrific, welcoming space, both indoors and out on their elevated porch! The dining room is set up so the patrons are seated mostly back to to back, allowing for a sense of privacy - this is a very winning feature. Our appetizers were really delicious (the arancini nd the gnocchi), although the main dishes were not quite perfect. (The lettuce in my companion's salad was quite bitter, and the sauce for the flounder was overly buttery and a bit too heavy for the dish.) Service was super - professional, attentive, friendly - perfect, really! I will return the next time I'm in the areaSpecial Features:
- Gigi'sSeacoastWillye1Dined on 6/20/2014Great, but at least on this visit not as good as last seasons visit. It may be due to not being fully as yet up to speed. Food was a notch low and our waitperson was not fully knowledgeable and slow to service. However, the auxiliary service persons did an admirable service. I am sure that Gigi's will improve to whats expected from diners in short time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectdineoutalotDined on 6/12/2014Everything you could want in a modern Italian/American restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good friendsTheDeanDined on 6/7/2014Our first trip of the new season. Great to see old friends. Appetizers and entrees were great. Drinks excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New find!mainegirlDined on 6/6/2014If you are like me and love those Italian recipes from grandmothers kitchen of yesteryear-you will enjoy reliving the experience with some of this chef's creations. We had the gnocchi and fettuccine carbonara as an appetizer and they were delicious. Delicate gnocchi with a crisp exterior texture. The porchetta was phenomenal and the veal saltimbocca was surprising light and tender. We got to meet Chef Shaun and his staff did an impeccable job of being not only knowledgeable but proud to present the dishes at every opportunity.Special Features:
- Keeps getting better...ThaQsDined on 12/26/2013Every time I go to Gigi's I am more impressed by it. Excellent food (the pasta is incredible), outstanding drinks and wine list, and personable service make it an amazing spot. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomecraigburkesDined on 12/21/2013From meeting the owner to the wine selection to the perfectly prepared meals....Special Features:
- FamilyChristmas dinner celebrationDragonflyDined on 12/15/2013We had the Sunday supper special. The fish was cooked perfectly, not at all dry. The salad was one of the best I've had. We had a delightful bottle of wine. Would recommend GiGi's to anyone who wants a great meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2013My wife and I enjoyed a very quiet and enjoyable experience at Gigi's . The staff were very friendly and accomodating even taking the extra effort to exclude the meatballs from the Sunday night dinner special of meatball and roasted vegetable lasagna since my wife is a vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!JenjerbDined on 11/23/2013We are not easily wowed when dining out. It was a great experience. Already planning when we can go back but with a large group of people. Service was excellent, completely knowledgeable staff. Impressive drink/ wine menu. Overall outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be disappointedBkipDined on 11/15/2013Went for the first time with some friends. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Had a nice menu and creative drink list. Food was very good and our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013This was my first time at GiGi's and I highly recommend it. The people were great, the food was fabulous, and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great @ Gigi's!BigBearVIPDined on 11/9/2013From the reception to departure everything was GREAT @ Gigi's. The house made pork ravioli and carbonara starters were delicious. The rib eye special was a delight and done a perfect medium rare with the presentation and sides of kale and summer squash potato rosti. RJ as usual was his charming self and our waiter and friend Paul doing his job with élan. Desert was a two part affair with pear pie to start and doughnut holes to go ( don't pass them by ! ). Nice to experience Gigi's after the summer crowds have left and see this Hot Spot with outdoor dining turn into a romantic gem with inside fireplaces buring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressivechappyDined on 10/26/2013Everything about this restaurant was great. The only thing that was disappointing was that everything is a la carte so if you want to enjoy multiple courses your final bill will be up there. But it'd that kind of restaurant and the chef or chefs really are creative and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service!DukeDined on 10/26/2013My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and chose the right place! Ambiance and décor were spot on. A very relaxed atmosphere allowing casual or formal attire. A nice fire was in the background. We had sparkling wine, appetizers, dinner and dessert! The portions and pricing were very fair! Will be back!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the ambiance was very nicebuckDined on 10/20/2013the ambiance was very nice and romantic. i would definately come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice young staff..food not so goodCarmensensemanVIPDined on 10/6/2013Maybe Sunday nite is an off night , but the portion sizes on the pasta dishes, coupled with a red sauce which looked and tasted like Tomato purée ...... The size, appearance and presentation of the eggplant parmagan was , at a minimimum disgraceful. Looked burnt, small, reheated...... I can't believe, an experienced chef would allow food to leave the kitchen looking like our meals. The staff was friendly, attentive, and tried...... But he food was so bad....we just paid and left, never to return. It is a great location...... Too bad....
- Fall MenuRobinVIPDined on 9/29/2013Well RJ,James and staff have done it again...... Fall menu is wonderful, one of the best beef dishes I have had in a long time!!! Love having Gigi's in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- Not just a great happy hourCranMoodyDined on 9/21/2013We have been going to GiGi's since friends of ours told us about the great Hour specials on raw oysters! On one of our visits we decided to try some apps off the regular menu, the gnocchi and the ricotta. These were excellent, we then decided that we needed to go for dinner with friends. A few nights later we made reservations for 5 of us for dinner. We were greeted cheerfully and seated at a very nice table. We all tried something different for dinner Bolognese, steak, whole sea bass, etc. We all thought very highly of our meals and how attentive all the staff was at making this a wonderful dining experience. This new restaurant is a gem!, we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit no disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2013A return trip to Gigi's was no disappointment. Salads were generous, crisp, fresh and not overdressed. Two diners had the papardelle, a generous but not overwhelming portion that was saucy and delicious. I had the veal saltimbocca, a rich but not large portion served with polenta. Their saltimbocca has a complex, balanced taste with a nice nose of sage that was totally satisfying. Gigi's hint -- Don't make a decision from the menu before hearing your server's recitation of the night's specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect family celebration dinner2JaneMaineDined on 9/13/2013Top notch food, unique cocktails and stellar service made for a great Friday night meal. The space is bright, open and welcoming with enough attention to detail to make it feel special. My family always aims to impress my grandmother and Gigi's delivered heartily on that front. Our server was wonderful and really made her feel like we were in the right place to celebrate. Antipasto platter, Gnocchi, Pappardelle and Ricotta donuts were all beautifully presented and delicious. Can't wait to return when the weather's warmer and we can enjoy a meal outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine mealBillybob207Dined on 9/11/2013We have enjoyed several nice dinners here. The "House Made Gnocchi" is wonderful. Our entrees were all very good. It was post summer season, but a warm night - so we enjoyed the outside porch. The manager was very attentive and very involved. You get a "cultivated' feeling here. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDisappointedDined on 9/1/2013We had an early dinner reservation (5:15) and were able to sit outside on the deck. The waitress was warm and friendly. My daughter had the pappardelli and enjoyed it. It was served in a creamy tomato sauce with mushrooms and roasted tomatoes. I had the chicken parmesan which was served with pasta and sautéed spinach. The chicken was good - tender, not dry and the cutlet was not pound so thin that you can't taste it - it was just right - not too thick not too thin. My husband had the beef rib special which was similar to a short rib - he really enjoyed it. We look forward to going back to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere is very nice atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2013Atmosphere is very nice at this restaurant and the interior decor is handsome. Very disappointed in the quality of the food. Huge quantities didn't make up for the bland food. Red sauce was way too thick for my friend's taste,who left most of her food. The sauce that accompanied my chicken marsala felt like it was premade and too thick, also. The green salad with creme fraiche vinagairette was very good. Definitely wouldn't go back; too many other restaurants in the area with better quality food.
- A lovely nightYBMEgalDined on 8/24/2013I've been to Gigi's several times now and every time I go it gets better. The food was good when they opened, but the Chef seems to have really found his groove and now I'd say the food is great! Service is good and the atmosphere is outstanding. The owners go out of their way to make all guest feel welcome and special including taking special requests for future visits. They are open to feedback and ideas an York Beach is lucky to have them in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday bashwyomingDined on 8/22/2013I wanted to take my son to Gigi's to celebrate his special birthday. It was the perfect place to go. The food was great, the service terrific, We were not rushed. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findBebotDined on 8/20/2013The resturant was a suprise for being a very tourist centric downtowm. Food excellent and refined . Service was wonderful not too formal. Decor was lovely and elegant but not over the top very tasteful.prices excellent for the quality served. A great and fabulous wine selection that was a pleasant surprise. This place was a pearl in a sea shore family tourist town. Will retu rn when in Yor k again. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.