Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin
3130 Hartley Road
Jacksonville, FL 32257Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gigisbuffet.com/
- Phone: (904) 694-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 9:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Cottrell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For those groups wishing a more private atmosphere, we offer banquet facilities catering from 30 to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Colleen 9046944303x
- Entertainment: GiGi's at the Ramada Conference Center, Mandarin shares a building with Jacksonville's premier night spot, The Comedy Zone. The Comedy Zone features nationally known comedians Tuesday - Saturday nights. Visit www.comedyzone.com for more information.
A word from Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin
Gigis Restaurant is the perfect dining place for everybody. It offers a healthy, fresh and affordable all-you-can eat buffets 7 days a week. GiGi’s buffet is perfect for a quick work lunch or a leisurely afternoon meal. You will enjoy a variety of entrees, fresh vegetables, extensive salad bar and delicious desserts. Whether you enjoy our Friday and Saturday nights’ Sea Food and Prime Rib buffet , GiGi’s Lunch Buffet (Monday – Friday), Everyday Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, or dine on our Sunday Blue Jean Brunch, you will see why GiGi’s is the best in Jacksonville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- First visit in years.EpicuriousDined on 11/16/2014We found the service to be very friendly and efficient, even one of the Chefs came out and spoke with us and others. The variety was excellent, but the quality of some dishes was disappointing. Eggs Benedict was dried-out sitting on a steam line for unknown length of time. The prime rib was inedible. Clearly it was left over from the buffet the night before. Fresh salad bar, omelets, and other offerings made the trip worth while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Everything was fresh and flavorful. Buffet food is usually lacking on the spice/flavor, but not here. There wasn't anything I didn't enjoy...even the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gigi's is Great!MellaDDined on 10/31/2014I went to Gigi's for dinner with a friend to celebrate my birthday on Halloween. It was everything I expected and more. The food was great and the atmosphere was friendly, but I was most impressed with the service. Our server went above and beyond to make me feel special because it was my bithday. I don't remember her name, but she is a really sweet lady with a short-cropped, salt and pepper haircut and a delightful personality. She brought me a balloon and a slice of birthday cake, and even took a picture of me blowing out the candle. I would definitely recommend Gigi's for a wonderful dining experience, and I hope that dear lady is there the next time I have dinner at Gigi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do itLilJimmyVIPDined on 10/17/2014$32 bucks for the Friday night buffet? You would think for that price you could at least one type of seafood that was not previously frozen. The worst buffet I have ever been to, not one edible thing. This buffet would not be a good price if it was free.
- best prime rib in townPrimetimeprimeribloversDined on 9/26/2014This place was amazing.. had the best lay out of food that you could ever imagine. Need to go there and see for yourself!!Special Features:
- Gigi's BrunchBBits4UDined on 9/14/2014Overall experience was good. Food was ok, but a lot of dishes were not hot (especially the breakfast items - cold eggs :( The service was very good and we had a great waitress who was very engaging and accommodating. It was a pleasant place to celebrate some family birthdays with a Sunday brunch. Price was reasonable for the selection. I would recommend maybe not offering so many different items and improving the quality of the food (mainly the temperature at which it was served)Special Features:
- The following 164 reviews are from the Gigi's Restaurant at Ramada Mandarin reviews archive.
- First Time There Did Not Disapoint.FirstTimerDined on 7/27/2014The Brunch Buffet was great. I cannot wait to try a lunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel = Dive, Restaurant Makes UpCrabLegKingDined on 6/21/2014Great food - Great service. But don't come for hotel...it is old and worn out! Service outstanding...food aplenty. Crab legs and Prime rib worth the trip. I would eat there any time. I wish it was in a nicer place...or had a view or something...it is a shame to waste such a great restaurant in such a crappy place.Special Features:
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Girlfriend and I enjoyed Father's Day brunch. The menu was great! Liked the make your own waffle grills. I didn't have any, but looked like a lot of people were using it. Wonderful time. I'm also glad these surveys are being read. Thank you again.Special Features:
- Brunch was wonderfulmomofoneDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and my dad out for the Father's Day brunch and everything was perfect! There was plenty of food to choose from and it was all delicious. While we were there we realized that one of our favorite comics was coming to the Comedy Zone. We made reservations immediately to have a night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough varietykrisrickDined on 6/15/2014I was disappointed in the limited variety. The food was good but there were too many duplicated dishes which made it look like a lot of variety.Special Features:
- Dinner at Gigis RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our experience was good and we will go back. We were seated right away and the buffet had a broad selection of food. The crab legs and prime rib was very good. Their deviled crab was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014was very nice. food was delicious and excellent scenery. a lil pricey but was seafood. but do need more of selection.Special Features:
- Just As I Remembered. GREAT!!!lanell65Dined on 6/7/2014It's been several years since I'd been to GiGi's and it was just and I remembered. The service was great and the food OUTSTANDING. I read a few negative reviews which made me think the quality had gone down. But no, you people must have caught GiGi's on an off night. This place is AWESOME. My advice to people who read these reviews is to go and try GiGi's for yourself then form your own opinion.Special Features:
- not happy getting way to expensiveluv2dineDined on 6/7/2014Getting to expensive when a 20% gratuity is added, $ 190.00 for four people and three of them are under 115 lbs. That is my option when all a waitress has to do is fill drinks and empty crab bowls.........Special Features:
- NICE PLACE GOOD FOOD & SERVICERLBROOKSDined on 6/7/2014THIS IS A NICE PLACE TO EAT. THE SERVICE IS GREAT! YOU HAVE A LOT OF FOODS TO CHOOSE FROM AND THE COMDEY SHOWS ACROSS THE HALL ARE GREAT AND THE PRICE IS REASONABLE IT'S WORTH THE MONEY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimePleasantDined on 6/7/2014We went for my 65th birthday. The food was great and our server was extremely nice and attentive. Had a wonderful time and had great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBrunchgangDined on 5/11/2014Great food as always. Our next visit will be for the good crab legs. Looking forward to a pleasant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Again enjoyed a marvelous time. Attended Easter Day also. Had easy access to the buffet and seat. Even in a sub-crowded day. Ironically had same waitress for Easter Day. She was excellent. Had a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th AnniOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Our visit to Gigi's recently was wonderful. We were a party of (8), seating was comfortable, service was sweet & attentive. Food was hot & service tables were full. Over all a great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My girlfriend and daughter and I had the 3:00 reservation Easter Sunday brunch. I can't at this time recall the waitress, but however, I was with a Hispanic woman and daughter, sat by the pool window. Never the less, we enjoyed that day immensely. Dynamic waitress service. Even the Omelets guy. Hilarious! Next time I'll get an omelet. Kudos to the entire staff. I've attended the Comedy Zone shows also. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat Crab LateLovelyDined on 3/28/2014our Crab legs were tough ..need to go eat early other than that every thing ok....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!checkrDined on 3/7/2014If you like crab legs, shrimp, prime rib and a good salad bar, plus more, you'll like Gigis. We went with a group of 12 on a Friday night and it was perfect- good food, good service, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy eating at Gigi's.luv2dineDined on 2/28/2014We enjoy eating at Gigi's. Everyone is so friendly. The food is delicious and seasoned perfectly. The king crab legs are fresh out of the sea! We always enjoy eating at Gigi's! You will, too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularCasha5Dined on 2/8/2014I planned a surprise Graduation Party for my Oldest Daughter and invited 17 guests. Also my friend came and she had all the table preps and the staff went above and beyond in assisting her to bring the items in and setting up. Our host was outstanding, removing soiled plates in a timely fashion and conversed with all the guest. The event was a homerun, touchdown game winner! We all thoroughly enjoyed the abundance of food and everyone lrft satisfied. Thank You! GiGi's and Open Table. Sincerely, ChandraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKellzDined on 1/19/2014Our server was excellent. She offered great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not acceptable,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2013Service was not acceptable, food quality was less than par
- Don't bother to make a reservationnoreservationrequiredDined on 12/25/2013Don't bother to make a reservation because their not going to bother to keep it. It's merely a form of anticipated head count for the restaurant.
- Not worth the priceHaltiDined on 12/25/2013On the web no Xmas menu. On Facebook menu had crab legs. There were none. Roast beef was over well done and dry. Turkey gravy was more of a brown pepper gravy not traditional turkey gravy. Wife had chocolate cake and I had coconut. Both were not good. Very dense and like a refrigerator cake. I know it's Xmas but 20% added gratuity on a $30 buffet is a bit much. Mint I received with bill was old half size wet and and sticky. Looked like it was sucked and returned. Tables so tight together we couldn't hardly get out of our seats.Special Features:
- Love this place every timePastorTDined on 12/20/2013Love this place every time I dine there. Both the food and the atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Our waitress was slow in greeting us and very forgetful when we asked for something. Twice we asked for some butter and finally had to get up and locate our waitress while the food got cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyloves2readDined on 11/28/2013The server was polite and helpful. The food was good, although not always as hot as I would like. There was plenty of food choices to choose from and the line moved in an orderly fashion. I wouldn't recommended it for familes with small children, as the cost is a bit high and seating area close together, but perfect for a couple or small group of adults. A good experience and we will probably be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013We have been going to GiGi's for Thanksgiving for many years. It has always made the day special for us. I look forward to GiG's every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Holiday Family DiningAgraceDined on 11/28/2013Wide variety of flavorful food. We have visited both the Thanksgiving and Christmas buffet. Both offer everything you could ask for and really when one figures in time as well as money, it is a bargain at $28.95. Service was attentive to all needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving FeastMandyfamilyDined on 11/28/2013Family enjoyed letting someone else cook! Food was good. Wish omlette station was available. Deserts excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family diningtominjaxDined on 11/28/2013Not what I expected. charged my 75 pound 11 year old full price for buffet.
- Yummy Thanksgiving mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013My family loves Thanksgiving at GiGi's; however, they really outdid themselves this year. Food was the best I have ever had. Tasted homemade. Presentation was attractive and clean. Servers were friendly and upbeat with big smiles and Happy Thanksgivings. It was quiet and we were allowed to visit and enjoy our meal without being rushed to leave. I think in all areas it was a 5 star plus. My son in law loves it so much that he drove up from Melbourne, Florida to eat at GiGi's and then drove back to Melbourne to eat with his family. He wouldn't miss his Thanksgiving at GiGi's. All 3 of us loved the food and the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and crabs tasted old.MessyDined on 11/16/2013Shrimp and crabs tasted old. Staff should have asked a screaming kid to hush or leave.Special Features:
- great for crablegs and shell fishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013you'll love it for the crab legs, shrimp, crawfish, clams, fish, and oysters. the prime rib; not so much. it was overcooked and sliced like a roast beef. I asked for a thicker cut and what I got was no more than a quarter inch thick. wife liked it because her cut was well done. i couldn't get a rare piece (or even medium rare). i didn't get much for the money. service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013My husband and I loved it. Will definiately will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.