323 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gigino-trattoria.com/
- Phone: 212-431-1112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner, Monday-Sunday 11:00am - 11:00pm. Weekend Brunch Available 10:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Celentano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gigino Trattoria is available for your private party, wedding, corporate event or any occasion. Gigino offers an on site event planner to support your party planning needs to ensure the smooth execution of each function.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Koczka or Gina Buiuc 212-431-1112
A word from Gigino Trattoria
Gigino Trattoria opened its doors in August of 1994. The owners, Bob Giraldi and Phil Suarez, along with executive chef Luigi Celentano, have kept Gigino flourishing in the ever-changing Tribeca neighborhood. Chef Celentano creates both the menu and wine list, with daily specials of seasonally fresh seafood, game and vegetables. Gigino prides itself on the fact that all their dishes are prepared to order and almost all their pastas and breads are house-made. Fresh fish specials are featured on the “specials blackboard” daily, and it’s safe to say they also have the best pizza in Tribeca! Dining at Gigino Trattoria is a pleasure every time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gigino Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- good food, good fun!BardStrav24Dined on 10/18/2014we enjoyed it. one of our neighborhood favorites. we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solidJlcnycVIPDined on 10/11/2014Good food. Dishes are tasty without much complication. If you're in TriBeCa, it is a great place to have a casual good meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLaubrennan1014Dined on 10/10/2014My family and I decided on Gigino's because we were in the mood for Italian. We are so glad that we did! The food was absolutely delicious; it blew us away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMDanteVIPDined on 10/3/2014Potato gnocchis were great, but the pasta sauce was just good. Chicken Parmigiana was very good, but again the sauce is the weak point. Liked it, but not loved. They need to cut the acidity in the sauce a bit, which is easy. Overall good to very good food though. Ambiance is nice.
- An undiscovered gem in TribecaRenaissanceManDined on 9/26/2014What a great restaurant! I've taken good friends and business partners here time and time again. They do nothing other than sing the praises about this restaurant, its menu, its staff. This is what a 21st century Italian restaurant should be all about.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongAmyJVIPDined on 9/22/2014Gigino's was great. The food was wonderful and the service excellent. it was a tad noisy due to lots of children but it made the place friendlier.Special Features:
- Our favorite Italian restaurantAW212VIPDined on 9/12/2014Gigino's never disappoints. The food is always delicious and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice dining experiencemarkm917Dined on 9/6/2014The food was good, there was a nice selection of specials. My wife who can find it difficult to find dishes she likes had no trouble as there was a wide range of selections on both the specials and regular menu. We dined very early at 6pm so the restaurant was not that busy. Even without a reservation we would have had no problem getting a table. We had a wonderful Super Tuscan wine with our dinner. The wine list was not extension but had enough variety in both types of wine and price ranges. The service was excellent. Friendly & smiling staff. Overall a very good experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and RomanticrdrunnerDined on 8/22/2014Perfect for dates. The pizza is to die for. A bit on the pricey side, but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!TiverDined on 8/16/2014Always a favorite in TriBeCa, will look forward to dinner again in January. We had an outside table on a perfect evening. How fortunate were we!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIGINO TRATTORIA A GREAT FINDTwiggyVIPDined on 8/3/2014The menu at Gigino is varied enough to satisfy a wide range of eating preferences, and the atmosphere is comfortable and unpretentious. Although clearly a neighborhood restaurant, its proximity to the Chambers St subway station makes it is an easy destination for anyone who uses that line. The food was uniformly excellent -- in my party we ate fish and pasta -- though somewhat overpriced for what it is. There are a few tables outside that are quite close together -- dining inside is a better option. We remained for 20 minutes after paying the check, and since no one was waiting for a table, we were allowed to sit undisturbed until we were ready to leave. Walk south when you leave, for a full view of the new trade center tower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014Old favorite in Tribeca. Always very good. Always a good value. Excellent server named Nadine S (#441).Special Features:
- Always goodluv2dineDined on 7/25/2014Have been choosing Gigino for lunch, brunch and dinner and never got disappointed.Special Features:
- Good but not MemorableKballVIPDined on 7/14/2014In NYC on business and met a contact here for dinner. Food was good - you won't get a bad meal here - but nothing stood out as memorable. Waiter pushed nightly specials hard and was decent at service, but didn't seem to be very interested in figuring out what would match up well with our personal likes and dislikes. This place is good but you can see how they could really do a lot more with such a quality foundation they have in place. Decore/ambiance was excellent, except our table was crowded up against serveral others making for tight navigation with arriving and departing diners.
- cute cosy italianxx11VIPDined on 7/7/2014cute cosy italian on greenwich street, with a view of washington square parkSpecial Features:
- The Arnold !!! Vantastic !SCOTTHAUSERDined on 6/28/2014Great Pasta, Soft Shell Crab! Great wine list! What's not to Love !
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014Loved the experience, visiting from out of state and this was fabulous food. Comfortable atmosphere and waitstaff was very accomodating and knowledgeable. Definitely would recommend and would return. Food was fresh, innovative, and outstanding,Special Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the Gigino Trattoria reviews archive.
- Like a mini-vacationDashingCommuterDined on 6/20/2014I work in the neighborhood, and Gigino Trattoria is my go-to place when meeting a friend for a special lunch when I can extend my break beyond an hour. In the warm weather, with the front area is open to the street, and the warm earth-tones of the interior, it feels like a visit to Italy. The menu selections have a great variety, especially in choice of salads, the food is impeccably fresh, and I love having gluten-free pasta options. I have not had a disappointing meal at Gigino, and my luncheon companions are always eager to return. The service, however, can be uneven. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian FoodJLO33Dined on 6/19/2014This is a great spot to go in the neighborhood for Italian food. We went after work during the week and were served quickly but weren't rushed and had time to talk and catch up. The food was good, plenty of choices, and the doors were open to the outside allowing a nice outdoor dining experience even though we were technically inside. Price was reasonable and I would go there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good service slowSammyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We usually go for dinner when it's very noisy and busy, so we decided to go for lunch because food is good and there is something to eat for everyone in our family. Food was very good but service was poor, like no water glass refills ,,, no bread was put on table.
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I love the food in Gigino it always taste fresh and homemade. The wait staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- great food and servicelgueatsVIPDined on 6/11/2014I was meeting a friend for dinner that I had not seen since the last time we visited Gigino... we talked and ate and ended up sitting at our table for almost FOUR HOURS. we were not rushed out, we were offered more drinks. this made for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteCateDined on 6/3/2014This has been our go-to place for many years. Soups, salads, pasta, pizza and entrees (especially fish) are all creative and really good. The ambiance is lovely - it can get noisy but is usually at a level where you can hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightBlueFlowerDined on 6/1/2014Sunday eve was one of those date nights when all the stars seem aligned. A big part of it was our wonderful experience at Trattoria Gigino. The waitress& sommelier were warm &welcoming. We had the best table- just outside the patio doors open to the night.Though crowded, there was an comfortable illusion of roominess due to the thoughtful positioning of the tables. The restaurant's perfect for people-watching, & across the street is the lush greenery of Washington Market Park. We began with a simple La Caprese appetizer followed by Ossobuco -my husband & Cosciotto di Pollo- me-all superb &satisfying. For dessert my husband- Panettone Rum bread pudding, and I- chocolate lava cake-both heavenly.Ended w/ whimsical Espresso Martinis!Special Features:
- FoodBoontonTwpDined on 5/29/2014Great menu selections. Not your everyday Italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodLynnVIPDined on 5/21/2014Took clients there for lunch. Great food, great variety. Appetizers were delicous. BRushetta, mozzerella, eggplant, and calmari- all wonderful. Pizzas are amazing. Pasta dishes were interesting and unique.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJoannaDined on 5/11/2014Went there for Mothers Day. Had to change my reservation 2 times and had no problem. Food was excellent especially the mussels. Service was superb and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great findJerseyGirl246Dined on 5/6/2014The menu selections offer something for everyone and the food was great. You must try the wheat and ricotta cheesecake!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemMaryDined on 4/26/2014last minute reservation with Open Table secured a very nice table on a busy Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like home...JlosiVIPDined on 4/26/2014I visit NYC once a quarter and Gigino Trattoria is always on the list of at least once for dinner, sometimes twice while visiting...Special Features:
- They Forgot My Mother's Birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/24/2014When we arrived, I told the hostess that it was my mother's birthday, and asked if they could bring a little something with a candle in it for her. The hostess said she would take care of it. The meal and the check came and went (food and service were good) with no acknowledgement of the birthday from the staff. That's pretty freaking inexcusable. I've been to this restaurant dozens of times over the years, but a week after this experience, I still don't think I'll ever go back, if this is how much the management cares about their guests.
- Good start bad finishNYCMarineDined on 4/12/2014Service really started out well. But the food did not live up to the service. The food went downhill with each course so I would start and stop with appetizers. Dessert was a joke. My wife had strawberries--- 4 sliced in half on a bit of whipped cream and zabaglione There must be a strawberry shortage!!
- Good Neighborhood ItalianDariDinesVIPDined on 4/4/2014We ordered 2 salads and 2 pastas. The salads were quite good - not amazing but hearty and tasty. The pasta special was not very good the tuna meatball were dry, pasta overcooked - it went mostly uneaten. The other pasta - a basic spaghetti was good. All in all, we enjoyed the dining experience but found the food to be ok.
- Original Italian FoodGreekGormandDined on 4/4/2014First time at Gigino and was very pleased. I started with a pear salad with cheese....and both were shaved so thin they were almost transparent and very delicious. I followed it with the chicken parmigiana and this was a pounded breast with the wing bone still attached...well cooked with just a little penne. Smart portion since you had both but not overdone on carbs. Go...you will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back after 2 yearsChrisDined on 4/4/2014Had been here with the same friend about 2 years ago. The specials menu seemed more varied than I remember. The entrees were very good, but could have been a little hotter when served. Service was really outstanding and our server was really enthustiastic about the menu (you don't find that too often). Overall, the experience was very good and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convergence of ambience andMarcDined on 3/29/2014Convergence of ambience and food merge in a Tuscany setting. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- I want more!!!ilvbearsDined on 3/22/2014We ordered a Caesar salad to share. The server should have mentioned that it was a small portion. I thought it was a skimpy single portion. It was very tasty. My mom had the mushroom risotto which she loved. It was a respectable size. My cousin had the shrimp with fettuccine. She said it was scrumptious. It was way less pasta than I'm used to seeing in a restaurant. I had the lemon chicken with string beans. Again, it was fabulous. The sauce was lemony and the chicken was cooked to perfection. We certainly had room for dessert. Overall I would say do not be modest in courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!lmbc7Dined on 3/22/2014Just love this place! Wonderful Italian restaurant with quirky atmosphere! The food tastes fresh and delicious always!! We have tried a number of different meals from chicken to veal to fish and pasta…we are always happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is a solid performerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant is a solid performer in all aspects. No, it is not a high end gourmet palace. It is not priced like one either. It serves very reasonably priced somewhat inventive food in a slightly crowded professionally run dining room. I have paid more than twice the price for a meal that isn't as good. The City needs more restaurants like Gigino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeSeymourVIPDined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed the meal and the drinks. This neighborhood has several fine restaurants nearby in the same price range and we like them better. While everything was good we felt that it was not good bang for the buck. The dishes were innovative in terms of what they offered but the flavors were not extraordinaire. We will give it one more shot.