Gigino at Wagner Park
20 Battery Place
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gigino at Wagner Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gigino-wagnerpark.com/
- Phone: 2125282228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Celentano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gigino at Wagner Park is available for your private party, wedding, corporate event or any occasion. View, View, View - Our tables inside the restaurant as well as outside offer the most spectacular view of the New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty in all of Manhattan. Flexible Venues - Our interior restaurant can accommodate parties up to 50 people for sit down service and up to 70 for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Our outdoor dining easily services up to 130 people for sit down service, 200 for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. The rooftop terrace can serve up to 150 for cocktails. These venues can be booked individually or in combination to accommodate any size group or type of event. Gigino at Wagner Park offers an on site event planner to support your party planning needs to ensure the smooth execution of each function.
- Private Party Contact: Gina or Ruhel 212-528-2228
A word from Gigino at Wagner Park
As one of the best kept secrets in New York City, Gigino at Wagner Park offers a spectacular view of Lady Liberty and the New York Harbor. Owners Bob Giraldi and Phil Suarez along with executive chef Luigi Celentano, have taken great pride in bringing Italian cuisine to Battery Park City for over five years. Nestled between the Ritz Carlton and the Statue of Liberty, Gigino can be found just a few steps south of The Jewish Heritage Museum. Open year round, Gigino at Wagner Park is a great place for a romantic evening or family get together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gigino at Wagner Park - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Gigino at Wagner Park reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (135)great for outdoor dining (134)romantic (63)great for lunch (62)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (46)kid-friendly (36)fit for foodies (33)great for brunch (32)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)notable wine list (6)Show More
- perfect al fresco diningcitymomDined on 10/17/2014The wine went well with the shrimp appetizer and mussel entree, and swordfish was perfectly cooked. Can't beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatChrisDPVIPDined on 10/13/2014Location was good and scenic. The food was okay but very expensive even for NY. Many choices on the menu. Ceasar salad was awful. Service was good but the place left a lot to be desired. Maybe better when it is warmer and the patio is not covered. Not much in the area close to our destination so it worked location wise. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- What a treasure!sunshineDined on 10/12/2014First time at Battery Park. Had a great stroll along the water and then stopped for lunch at Giginos. The food was good and the price was worth the wonderful view of Miss Liberty and all the beautiful sails on the water. You could not have asked for better service. A great sunny Sunday afternoon treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to Awesomeness!SizzlingsteaksDined on 10/10/2014We had dinner here 9 years ago and the experience was awesome! And this time was just as good! The brueschetta was magnificient. Pasta was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great viewsCSTimDined on 10/10/2014This was such a great find and really is a hidden gem. The food was excellent and not overly expensive, we will be coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEllieCDined on 10/5/2014Beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Great place to enjoy good food and wine as you watch the sun set. A little on the pricey side though, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- What a View and tasty Italian fareOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Terrific location paired with fresh and imaginative Italian food. Nothing to complain about. Good value and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Ordered risotta and shrimp, portion could have been a little larger. Menu could be less pricey.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, great foodcjalVIPDined on 9/29/2014Overlooking the water, statue of liberty, had a great lunch!!!!Special Features:
- Gigino at Wagner ParkmnbnycVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always a great place on a summer's evening. The food is good, flavorful and of adequate proportions. It is not gourmet but it is good in the true sense of the word. The view is unbeatable and this is really one of those all-round great dining experiences. Great for kids, they can run around the park and nice for smallish groups.Special Features:
- Poor serviceBmorered21Dined on 9/27/2014The food and view were great, I loved being able to eat and overlook the water. But the service was very slow, unattentive, and rude. While I would recommend this restaurant for it's view and food, it may not be worth the appalling service.Special Features:
- FantasticDrJohnVIPDined on 9/26/2014We go to Gigino's about every three weeks during the "warm weather". Between the specials and the main menu, it is a challenge to select and appetizer and entrée. Each item is better than the previous. If you would like great food coupled with a spectacular view of New York Harbor, this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lower Manhattan diningKatherineDined on 9/19/2014Our business group of 4 was pleased with the food (reasonable lunch prices), and the fantastic view. Definitely want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful nightginaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Beautiful view on a spectacular night! Food is delicious!! But the view is even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerVGPDDined on 9/17/2014Have gone here numerous times with friends, family and business visitors. It has great service, food and makes you fe like you left the city with park setting and fabulous view of the Statue of Liberty. Even better for dinner with the sunset over the water and the Lady. Has become my go to restaurant.Special Features:
- BEST OF BATTERY PARKDEB1VIPDined on 9/12/2014My friends and I look forward to coming back whenever the weather permits...this restaurant offers it all, outdoor dining, the scenic view, and consistently good Italian dishes. They don't rush you...We love it!Special Features:
- Kids love itICofNYDined on 9/7/2014Good simple old Italian food Kids love the simple food and the outdoor tables with a big green area to play... No boring time at table Service is courteous but quite slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColTomDined on 9/5/2014great view spoilt only by the 'fast-food' service and ordinary foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic spotFiatDined on 9/2/2014Excellent venue for an outdoor meal with scenic views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the Wagner Park. Lovely place with friendly service and good quality Italian food. Starting with a absolutely perfect and refreshing gazpacho for a balmy evening outdoors followed by lamb shank on the bone, very tender and great flavor and splendid sorbet to finish. The dry and crisp prosecco was the drink of choice to accompany this meal. They were happy to replace the martini that was initially ordered without charging for it. A great place for a relaxing meal. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Dining with a viewFabulousVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a delicious dinner with a magnificent view while dining at Giginos. Definitely will return for another dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Occasion and Scenic ViewPacioDined on 8/30/2014Special Good Italian Food!!!!! Real great Scenic View!!!!!! Real Italian Food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebzyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Spotted this place on a walk and couldn't wait to go. Brought a group of six and we all loved it. Great waitress, food and the ambiance was fantastic. Never would guess you are in Manhattan.Special Features:
- FantasticDrJohnVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great as always. Better than great. Fantastic would be more accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPlachindocikDined on 8/28/2014I took a friend of mine to Gigino to celebrate her birthday. What a great choice! This restaurant combines excellent food with great atmosphere and amazing view of the harbor with the Statue of Liberty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTLY FABULOUSJulesnBillDined on 8/28/2014Just had lunch at Gigino's two days in a row. The first was to celebrate first day of college with an 18 year old friend. The second to celebrate summer with a 95 year old friend. Both thought I had picked the perfect place. Everything was perfect: food, view, service. Funghi misti appetizer and beet salad were especially amazing, but everything delicious!Special Features:
- Great place for outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014We celebrated a birthday and got an excellent table in the first row with wonderful view! The food was enjoyable and service friendly and helpful. It's definitely a place to recommend for almost every occasion - a romantic tete a tete, a company celebration or dinner with kids.Special Features:
- SlowanonDined on 8/27/2014The starters are very good, the sangria great but the entrees are v disappointing. Ordered a kids entree which took over an hour to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was wonderful!dobiecafeDined on 8/25/2014A touch of the Hamptons in NYC. Beautiful place, excellent top notch food and great service. My new favorite place for taking clients. And my clients loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gigino at Wagner ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014This was our second time dining at this restaurant. The view is so delightful, but most of all the service and food were excellent Both times dining were consistent with the good service and food. A definite keeper on our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoritejcmoeDined on 8/23/2014Always enjoy this beautiful setting w good food, friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Dinner with Friendsswisstraveler74Dined on 8/20/2014a wonderful restaurant with a magnificent view of the Statue of Liberty. Excellent food and friendly staff. There was only one toilet for all guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningRJC27VIPDined on 8/19/2014Where else can you eat well-prepared food, on a pleasant outdoor patio overlooking NY Harbor and the Statue of Liberty? Nowhere but Gigino at Wagner Park. This s a beautiful spot to dine on a lovely Spring, Summer or Fall evening. Menu has many excellent choices, food was made with excellent ingredients and we were surrounded by lots of people - including a mix of native NY'ers and tourists - all having fun! Service was casual and friendly, and we weren't rushed at all during our meal. On a warm day it can get a bit hot as the sun gets lower, below the level of the awning, so get an interior patio table if that would bother you. This place is a real gem! Come and enjoy.Special Features:
- Glorious view!LauraRVIPDined on 8/18/2014If location is everything, this might be the best restaurant in lower Manhattan, with its picture-perfect setting overlooking New York Harbor. At sunset, it is nothing less than sublime. But sitting outside is everything here--nothing inside will do! A canopy overhead offers some protection from the elements but doesn't hamper the fresh experience of dining here. And PS, the food is very solid Italian fare, lots to choose from, and not too pricey. I highly recommend this place to locals and visitors alike.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2014Took friends who were from out of town, the view is amazing. Food and service were great too. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to show off a spot that doesn't seem to be the biggest tourist trap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Beautiful views, casual dining...a true New York neighborhood spot. Great view of the Statue of Liberty, and so much else...with a true neighborhood vibe. Just lovely .Special Features:
- Gigino'sGirondinDined on 8/17/2014Great Italian restaurant with great views on Statue of Liberty and Ellis'Island. The food is delicious and the service is always very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticibunny10VIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has one if the best views in Manhattan. The food is good and reasonably priced. Very enjoyable dining experience, great for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine view, but patchy servicemanolanDined on 8/15/2014Ate here for the view rather than the food (which was perfectly acceptable, but not going to win any gongs), but it was almost ruined by a Special Event that overran. Their answer to Special Events seems to be to have people mingle on the terrace in front, completely blocking the view of the "French Lady" and the noise level from them is so high we couldn't even hear the specials. When moved, into the care of another waiter, the specials appeared to have changed. And then we were obstructed from the view by the closed canvas wall. It took me several attempts to find someone who could open it. After the Special Event moved on, the view was lovely and the evening improved, but worth asking if they have a Special Event and avoid if they do.Special Features:
- HyacinthHDined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant. Food continue to be delicious; service is good; yet we really miss the old outdoor setting. The new renovation has changed the look and feel completely. What a shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and ScenicImaniVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went for a lunch date and we were both amazed at the food and scenary. It's a great gem in battery park to get away from all the tourists, yet have a breath-taking view. All pastas were made fresh with great ingredients. Pretty hefty variety of options which makes it easier for everyone to find something of their liking. Service was great and arrived early (12:15ish) to pick great front row seats of the statue of liberty. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.