Gigino at Wagner Park
20 Battery Place
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gigino at Wagner Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gigino-wagnerpark.com/
- Phone: 2125282228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Celentano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gigino at Wagner Park is available for your private party, wedding, corporate event or any occasion. View, View, View - Our tables inside the restaurant as well as outside offer the most spectacular view of the New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty in all of Manhattan. Flexible Venues - Our interior restaurant can accommodate parties up to 50 people for sit down service and up to 70 for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Our outdoor dining easily services up to 130 people for sit down service, 200 for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. The rooftop terrace can serve up to 150 for cocktails. These venues can be booked individually or in combination to accommodate any size group or type of event. Gigino at Wagner Park offers an on site event planner to support your party planning needs to ensure the smooth execution of each function.
- Private Party Contact: Gina or Ruhel 212-528-2228
A word from Gigino at Wagner Park
As one of the best kept secrets in New York City, Gigino at Wagner Park offers a spectacular view of Lady Liberty and the New York Harbor. Owners Bob Giraldi and Phil Suarez along with executive chef Luigi Celentano, have taken great pride in bringing Italian cuisine to Battery Park City for over five years. Nestled between the Ritz Carlton and the Statue of Liberty, Gigino can be found just a few steps south of The Jewish Heritage Museum. Open year round, Gigino at Wagner Park is a great place for a romantic evening or family get together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gigino at Wagner Park - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Gigino at Wagner Park reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (123)scenic view (120)great for lunch (60)romantic (55)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (42)great for brunch (37)kid-friendly (37)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014I took a friend of mine to Gigino to celebrate her birthday. What a great choice! This restaurant combines excellent food with great atmosphere and amazing view of the harbor with the Statue of Liberty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTLY FABULOUSJulesnBillDined on 8/28/2014Just had lunch at Gigino's two days in a row. The first was to celebrate first day of college with an 18 year old friend. The second to celebrate summer with a 95 year old friend. Both thought I had picked the perfect place. Everything was perfect: food, view, service. Funghi misti appetizer and beet salad were especially amazing, but everything delicious!Special Features:
- It was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014A touch of the Hamptons in NYC. Beautiful place, excellent top notch food and great service. My new favorite place for taking clients. And my clients loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gigino at Wagner ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014This was our second time dining at this restaurant. The view is so delightful, but most of all the service and food were excellent Both times dining were consistent with the good service and food. A definite keeper on our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoritejcmoeDined on 8/23/2014Always enjoy this beautiful setting w good food, friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor diningRJC27VIPDined on 8/19/2014Where else can you eat well-prepared food, on a pleasant outdoor patio overlooking NY Harbor and the Statue of Liberty? Nowhere but Gigino at Wagner Park. This s a beautiful spot to dine on a lovely Spring, Summer or Fall evening. Menu has many excellent choices, food was made with excellent ingredients and we were surrounded by lots of people - including a mix of native NY'ers and tourists - all having fun! Service was casual and friendly, and we weren't rushed at all during our meal. On a warm day it can get a bit hot as the sun gets lower, below the level of the awning, so get an interior patio table if that would bother you. This place is a real gem! Come and enjoy.Special Features:
- Glorious view!LauraRVIPDined on 8/18/2014If location is everything, this might be the best restaurant in lower Manhattan, with its picture-perfect setting overlooking New York Harbor. At sunset, it is nothing less than sublime. But sitting outside is everything here--nothing inside will do! A canopy overhead offers some protection from the elements but doesn't hamper the fresh experience of dining here. And PS, the food is very solid Italian fare, lots to choose from, and not too pricey. I highly recommend this place to locals and visitors alike.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2014Took friends who were from out of town, the view is amazing. Food and service were great too. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to show off a spot that doesn't seem to be the biggest tourist trap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Beautiful views, casual dining...a true New York neighborhood spot. Great view of the Statue of Liberty, and so much else...with a true neighborhood vibe. Just lovely .Special Features:
- Gigino'sGirondinDined on 8/17/2014Great Italian restaurant with great views on Statue of Liberty and Ellis'Island. The food is delicious and the service is always very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticibunny10VIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has one if the best views in Manhattan. The food is good and reasonably priced. Very enjoyable dining experience, great for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine view, but patchy servicemanolanDined on 8/15/2014Ate here for the view rather than the food (which was perfectly acceptable, but not going to win any gongs), but it was almost ruined by a Special Event that overran. Their answer to Special Events seems to be to have people mingle on the terrace in front, completely blocking the view of the "French Lady" and the noise level from them is so high we couldn't even hear the specials. When moved, into the care of another waiter, the specials appeared to have changed. And then we were obstructed from the view by the closed canvas wall. It took me several attempts to find someone who could open it. After the Special Event moved on, the view was lovely and the evening improved, but worth asking if they have a Special Event and avoid if they do.Special Features:
- HyacinthHDined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant. Food continue to be delicious; service is good; yet we really miss the old outdoor setting. The new renovation has changed the look and feel completely. What a shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and ScenicImaniVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went for a lunch date and we were both amazed at the food and scenary. It's a great gem in battery park to get away from all the tourists, yet have a breath-taking view. All pastas were made fresh with great ingredients. Pretty hefty variety of options which makes it easier for everyone to find something of their liking. Service was great and arrived early (12:15ish) to pick great front row seats of the statue of liberty. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always.57MaloneDined on 8/13/2014Service was great, staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. (was my sons 21st birthday)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LongTimeNYerDined on 8/10/2014Great experience all around - great food, great service & great view! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewetothVIPDined on 8/9/2014The view here is amazing. I'm not sure why it's not more crowded although it is a little out of the way. The service is great - a really nice aaccommodating staff. The food is consistently very good. This is a great place to spend a beautiful, enjoyable summer evening. Love it every time.
- It had gone down hillGVGirlDined on 8/8/2014The place used to have umbrellas that covered the patio so you were eating outdoors. Now they have a semi permanent structure that takes the charm away. You never went there for the food. It was always the environment of the outdoors. Now it's just like any other restaurant with a nice view if you are sitting in the first row. Good for the restaurant - bad for the clients. No reason to schlep down there now!
- Best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Took my sister out for her bday here, it was both our first time, and reserving a table I didn't really know what to expect. Fortunately, my sister and I had an amazing experience with our food, and the view?!? Forget about it ! It was beautiful !Special Features:
- Always Special!BBasneyDined on 8/7/2014It is always special going ot Gigino's - the most civilized restaurant in Battery Park! One thing to note - in the summer there is a music series going on - so you will either love that or hate it. Check before you book if it is a music night at Wagner Park.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningJoanneDined on 8/7/2014Was looking for an outdoor place on the water for my birthday dinner. Found Gigino on Opentable and decided to try. Was not disappointed! Food was delicious and the service was great. Outdoor seating is under a tent, so we had a choice of sitting in the sun or the shade.Special Features:
- Always a treat!!JulesnBillDined on 8/6/2014Summer wouldn't be summer without eating at Gigino's at Wagner Park. Year after year it's always a treat--the view, the food, the friendly buzz. What could be better than that amazing cold tomato soup, the sun setting behind the Statue of Liberty, and the silhouettes of sailboats as the moon rises above lower Manhattan.Special Features:
- LainiecookDined on 8/6/2014The food was great, we had a perfect night outdoors with a river view and the Statue of Liberty. Service was fine. A perfect evening.Special Features:
- Eat2muchEat2muchDined on 8/5/2014This is the best place to see the New York Harbor while eating good italian food. We have been going there for over 7 years. There is a new roof that allows people to eat outside in the rain. too bad it isn't transparent. Only eat outdoors. The inside is small.Special Features:
- KingsketzVIPDined on 8/5/2014I could look at that view all day every day. I went here for dinner one day and for the lunch the next. The food was high quality and the ambience marvelous.Special Features:
- It's like a sta cation in one placeGourmantVIPDined on 8/4/2014From the host and hostess to the fabulous waitstaff menu and food it was a great lunch. The views. Cannot be duplicated and the new outdoor covering, replacing the umbrellas, give every table shade on a sunny, hot day. We had salads topped with chicken or shrimp and the pastas were great, even on a hot day. Out of towners and city for alike loved it. Would lve to try it for sunset dinner. Must be fantastic.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Second time here and this time was lunch. Beautiful day and food was good! Seeing Statue of Liberty and enjoyed ambient.Special Features:
- RomanticNatashafromparisDined on 8/3/2014Perfect place for a romantic dinner, the food was very nice as well as the service.Special Features:
- Amazing viewDaphnelleDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant's terrace dining overlooks the statue of liberty. A lot of sunlight, bring your sunglasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RepeatDrJohnVIPDined on 7/31/2014We come here 4-5 times every summer, more if the weather remains warm into the fall. A tad pricey, but well worth it. The view of New York Bay is truly fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodDanielDined on 7/30/2014Great food & one of the best views in downtown NYC.Special Features:
- Lunch with the Statue of LibertyCreechDined on 7/28/2014We loved having lunch with the statue of liberty outside in Gigino's open air tent. The food was excellent, the service was good and the view was stunning. Not the cheapest place to eat and they only have one bathroom but this is a great place to have lunch or dinner if the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AcomerDined on 7/27/2014One of my new favorites. Breathtaking view with not only professional but very friendly wait staff. Great cocktails and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodRaymond3856Dined on 7/25/2014This is a beautiful side to watch the sunset going down ..the food is good . I would come her again.Special Features:
- Much Better Than It Needs To BeschlimmerkerlDined on 7/25/2014…given the great view of the Statue of Liberty. The service was very attentive, but they were crowded on a bright, summer weekday lunch (1-2.30) and got a bit overwhelmed. But no matter: if you have the time, lingering is mandatory. The food was quite good, and the dessert (warm lemon-y bread pudding) was a standout. Reservations a must. They were turning away hopeful tourists in droves. It's impossible to park. Take public transport. However, from the 4-5 subway do NOT walk through the park—halfway there, it's closed for construction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only in Battery ParkmuggsDined on 7/24/2014Such a great place, time after time, especially in the summer when you can sit outside comfortably and feel part of the beautiful surroundings in Wagner Park, facing the Statue of Liberty. There was a blues concert the night I dined, so it was noisy, and there wer a lot of big groups, but the food, service and location more than make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View & Food - AmazingImaniVIPDined on 7/22/2014The views of the water and statue of liberty were fantastic! The food matched the view which was great. I had the blue cheese/ apple salad, fried calamari both to start and the shrimp and mussel risotti was one of the best risotti's I've had in a long time. Looking forward to returning to get thi exact same dish again. Service didn't let us down. 5 stars for all categories. Great location for a business lunch as wel.Special Features:
- All about the viewTriciaDDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is right on the Hudson with a direct line view of the Statue of Liberty. The Hudson River Parkway runs in front of it so the ambiance is lively. I have to say the food was fine but not super memorable and the portions were a bit small. The pricing was not bad for Manhattan so maybe that cancels out the portion size comment. Everything ala carte. They charge for every fill on sodas. $10 each for a beer on tap. Did not offer extra bread. Had to really push to get a table out of direct sun etc. We enjoyed it but not dying to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the greatest panoramasBobo62VIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a good dinner! You can pair a good Italian dinner with one of the nicest views I'm New York! Great for couples and friends. It's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best outdoor dining in nyluv2cookVIPDined on 7/18/2014this is the best place to have good food with a great view. it is great to watch life going on at the tip of manhattan. food and service match the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.