Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
5464 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8479289900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Marco Di Benedetto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Gibsons Bar and Steakhouse has live piano nightly. Lenny Capp Trio 8:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Saturday.
A word from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has moved its act to Rosemont. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)good for groups (130)fit for foodies (103)notable wine list (86)hot spot (83)vibrant bar scene (76)romantic (62)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (50)late-night find (31)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Best SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014This is my favorite steakhouse. I have been coming to Gibsons for years and noticed that most of the wait staff have also been there for years. Low staff turn-over means a well-managed restaurant. This is clearly evident in the service, which is always top notch. The only negative is that the tables are jammed together with diners backing up to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks in Chicago!ViolaladyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Gibsons never disappoints. We have visited both locations several times. In the mood for artery clogging over the top excellence and portion size? This is your place. While the menu caters to carnivores, there are also several non meat selections. Veggies could easily make a meal on a duo or trio of sides. Fairly extensive wine list. Can be noisy when full - ask for seating in a side room if you are wanting to carry on conversation while you eat. Service is attentive without being obtrusive. Bus boys could fill coffee a little more often - but a small detail that didn't ruin the meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent steak, melts in your mouth. Love the hustle and bustle of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was my husband's birthday and the good was great. They should explain in advance that if you want the candle on the large cake slice you have to choose that as a dessert...I was unaware and my husband was very disappointed.They charged me for two desserts and I was angry!!Our bill was $420 and they didn't even offer to comp the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful time and the staff was warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- A Must for Steak LoversDewsterDined on 10/24/2014This is how my wife and I treat ourselves for special occasions. We were just there for our 44th wedding anniversary and felt right at home with the "mixed age" crowd. The food is outstanding and the service is impeccable. Terrific for larger group (private room) parties we've held there too. The Chocolate Mousse cake is almost decadent.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We had a party of 4, reservation at 6pm on a Friday night. None of us had ever been to Gibson's before. Although we understood the dim lighting and decor, we did feel as though we were squished between tables. Servers and bus boys had to squeeze through and a few rocked our table a few times. We were hitting chairs behind us constantly. The food was good. Our server did a great job at explaining the menu and taking our order. I had a filet done medium/well and it seemed just way well done. I wouldn't say it was worth the $41 price tag. It was nice to see that the mashed potatoes we got was a huge side, but it better be at almost $8. Overall, it was a good experience, I just don't think we would go again.Special Features:
- Great place for a special night outWineandDineDined on 10/21/2014Excellent food, great wine list, huge desserts. A great fun place to meet up with friends and family for a special night out. A bit costly but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimPTimPDined on 10/20/2014Outstanding steaks, nice wine list, but service was truly the best. Our server (Joy) was accommodating, very informative and had a great sense of humor. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Mary PoppinsopccVIPDined on 10/19/2014Gibson's is practically perfect in every way. There is valet parking, which was a nice perk after all the walking at the nearby Fashion Outlet. For drinks, I ordered the martini with blue cheese olives. It was PERFECT-cold, strong, ice chips floating on the surface...it met my every expectation. They brought out home made kettle chips which were a bit over seasoned for my taste, but it didn't stop me from eating every one of them. My husband had french onion soup while I nursed my martini. I ordered the filet and my husband ordered the Chicago Cut, we opted to split a twice baked, which is truly a meal in itself. The steaks were flavorful and cooked to perfection! Loved the charbroil on the CC, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Celebration dinnerJTernandDined on 10/19/2014We had a party of 10. The food and service were great. I will be back.Special Features:
- cooked mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My steak was under cooked the first time it was brought out. When they brought it back it was cooked just right. Christina the waitress was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place for fine dinning!!!Skewbasteve2Dined on 10/18/2014Took the girlfriend out for b-day/sweetest day. Definitely glad I made the reservation due to how busy it was that day. The service was very nice. The dinning room was very welcoming. And the food was amazing. The prices were as expected for the quality and level of service that you get when you are there. I will definitely be returning for another awesome dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King Size Desserts!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was awesome, service was great! You can't leave without partaking in one of their outstanding delicious king size desserts! Chocolate mousse pie and carrot cake are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TraditionsophiaannemDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I have come here 3 times now, every time they have the academy in Chicago we know were going to Gibsons. The food is amazing, the atmosphere is romantic and dim. The servers are the nicest people. This place sticks out from other places because they don't fail at anything, and its extremely difficult to find this good of customer service these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food and service! Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was a pleasant experience for my first time going to this restaurant. I took a coworker as a thank you for handling my desk whiile I was out and we were both very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was outstanding.thefinedinerDined on 10/16/2014I was celebrating my birthday with a couple of friends and we had an absolute blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back again and again!JillDined on 10/16/2014You are made to feel like a VIP at Gibson's, every time. The staff is beyond friendly and professional! The lump crab cakes, halibut, horseradish-topped filet and shrimp bisque are my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014We come here at least once a year when my wife is attending a conference at the convention center. This is our main choice for dinner; the food is great, the service is excellent, and although it is noisy you can still have a conversation without yelling. Always a hit, never a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and nice foodAngie18Dined on 10/14/2014We went there for my husband's birthday and overall the experience was very good. Service was considerate and we received a complimentary dessert and candles. The food was served fast and the whole process felt pretty smooth. Valet parking is free which was a plus too.Special Features:
- Best steak in ChicagoJrodDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful as usual. I have to have the petite filet and creamed spinach when I'm in Chicago.Special Features:
- Great foodDeanDined on 10/10/2014We had a party of 4. Service was very good and food was excellent. All steaks prepared as we ordered. The wait staff was very attentive and checked back many times through our meal to make sure we had everything we needed and to our satisfaction. It is pricey, but we knew this going in. I would recommend if looking for a great meal and not concerned with prices overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad day at GibsonsGonzoDined on 10/10/2014The steak and crab cakes great as usual. But all the sides way off. Dry out baked potato. They have squash (no sweet potato?) but dry and no flavor. They ask always how is everything & I tell them and they take it off the bill but it is not the money it is about the enjoyment of your meal, the whole experience. Eating steak without great sides is no fun. Sorry always loved this place but. The take home was put in box like garbage. Great restaurant but i am off for a while.
- Great food and serviceUoldDined on 10/8/2014Rood is great every one Was very happy with the chois we madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Service was extraordinary and the food absolutely delicious!! Would recommend this spot for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutrstandingOutstandingDined on 10/7/2014Outstanding Food with Courteous friendly staff catering to your every desire…Special Features:
- 4/5Publicview101Dined on 10/6/20144/5 reason being is because the space between the tables are way to close to each other. On top of that, I was getting touched and bumped by numerous servers. It felt as if i had not tucked my elbows in to my sides, I would end up elbowing one of the servers. The food was on point. 2nd time going there and the food did not disappoint me again. The service was great but not above and beyond. Use their courtesy valet and not the daily parking down the road. If I would have known they do it, I wouldn't have paid 13 dollars for the parking pass, butttt..would have tipped the valet service. Would I go back? YES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great SteakhouseSteakLoverDined on 10/3/2014This is my second visit to a Gibson's and both times I've been very impressed. The service is impeccable and the steaks are some of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Our server was excellent and very helpful to our needs.Special Features:
- loud but worth itanonymousDined on 10/2/2014went to the rosemont location during a business trip and a friend who lives in the city made the trek for dinner. food and service were excellent but we could barely hear each other. still, i'd go again. would most recommend for groups of 4+ looking to celebrate/bond about something.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuvthisplaceDined on 10/1/2014I love Gibsons. I eat here several times a year during shows at the convention center. This time I had an unexpected layover at the airport so I was able to squeeze in a dinner. It's a great place that you won't be disappointed in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksJR747VIPDined on 10/1/2014If not the best steak I've ever had, it ranks right up there. Many restaurants have the servers run down a lost of specials but the tray with the dispaly and description of numerous entrees was welcome and very well done.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!KentoosDined on 10/1/2014Food was great & the service was excellent even thought the restaurant was jam packed & the wait for food & attention could have been a nightmare.. Waiters are very professional & keep a good eye on your table. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GibsonsMarMarDined on 9/29/2014Gibsons never fails to impress with steaks. Side dishes and deserts are also excellent. My favorite steakhouse in Chicago area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRichDined on 9/27/2014One of the best steaks I've had in a long time. As always, Gibsons gave top notch service and a perfect steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibsons Great Enjoy a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food - Awesome service - Thank you . Enjoy ....................................................Special Features:
- EvanDined on 9/25/2014Very good exeprience, price was about what was expected.Special Features:
- We were rushedPlus50Dined on 9/24/2014I've been there several times, all with business guests and generally working out fine except the noise level being consistently bad. However, this time the restaurant obviously was rushing us out probably to get our table back. We were presented the check in barely an hour! That is hardly adequate to have a business conversation when all the food and drinks were rushed to us then our plates hastely removed even before all guests could finish. The server didn't even bother to present the dessert menu and one of my guest had to ask for a coffee which is routinely offered after a meal in a restaurant like this. I'll go somewhere else despite the convenience of the location.
- Always Great!KEKEVIPDined on 9/23/2014Once again, our server Brad was right there taking care of us throughout our entire meal. Never an empty plate nor empty glass. Always a cheerful attitude with a high degree of professionalism. Perfectly cooked food with a very attentive staff. It just doesn't get any better than this!Special Features: