Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
5464 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8479289900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Marco Di Benedetto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Gibsons Bar and Steakhouse has live piano nightly. Lenny Capp Trio 8:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Saturday.
A word from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has moved its act to Rosemont. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)good for groups (118)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (78)vibrant bar scene (73)hot spot (71)great for lunch (52)romantic (47)neighborhood gem (46)late-night find (28)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Steak was the best I ever had,wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The only thing I noticed was the tables were all very close together. I felt sorry for the wait staff having to weave around everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibson's 9-16-2014bizdiner2Dined on 9/16/2014Steaks, although not the best i've had were good, cooked properly. Not a fan of the mushroom side dish, too much of something in there. Creamed spinach was a small portion and rather tasteless. Waiter appetizer suggestion was very good. Service was very good.Special Features:
- The best steak house, period!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Gibson's, as always, outstanding! From special occasions, to just wanting a fabulous meal ... Gibson's is at the top of the list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the topME2reviewVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food is very good, but the portions are obscene. The steaks are huge. A slice of carrot cake is 1/4 of a three-layer cake that could easily be 6 servings. The same goes for all their portions.Special Features:
- Gibsons Rosemont Awesome!SephardicDined on 9/14/2014Great steak and ambience. Ate at Gibsons downtown Chicago was not as impressed at all but the one in Rosemont was just plain great highly recommended.Special Features:
- GIBSONS in ROSEMONThollyDined on 9/14/2014GIBSONS lived up to everything I thought it would be from the moment we arrived until the Valet brought us our car...The service was outstanding and the food exceptionally good...If you like lamb chops, they were to die for..Special Features:
- Amazing food!sgrandDined on 9/13/2014We visited Chicago for just one evening and wanted to find a good steakhouse. This one was rated #1 and it did not disappoint! We are from the St. Louis area and the steakhouses are usually spacious, quiet, dark, NOT this one! It was bustling, noisy, and PACKED even at 9pm when we had our reservation. That's the city for you! Great atmosphere and service and the food rivals my favorite steakhouse here at home. The side dishes were delicious which seems to be rare at steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmikeDined on 9/12/2014The steak at Gibson's is always a pleasure. The sides are large and the desserts will serve 6-10 people. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingMegaroo584Dined on 9/12/2014Went here for our 1 year anniversary. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and fun...she rolled right along with my husbands banter. Other staff including the managers and owner came and talked with us. Food was perfect...steaks practically melted in our mouth. The lobster was absolutely amazing and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceveningDined on 9/10/2014My group reservations changed at the last min and they were very accommodating even with Label Expo going on so I could accommodate my customers Class act made me look good to my customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapermanPapermanVIPDined on 9/9/2014Ate there three days in a row while attending a show across the street. The best place in Rosemont!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and delicious!2014LabelExpoattendeeDined on 9/9/2014Waiter was VERY knowledable; his suggestions were right on the spot. This is our 7th LabelExpo tradeshow (second week of Septembers of even years), and Gibsons' has never disappointed us. Our overseas customers asks us for it. Attention to details, fast service and superb quality makes you guys a syre bet. THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks at $55?wagne045Dined on 9/9/2014Good: Excellent food quality. Bad: Rushed server, extremely loud dining area, uncomfortably close tables, ridiculous pricingSpecial Features:
- Best steaks in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2014We always can rely on Gibson's for an unbelievable steak and seafood dinner. We each had shrimp cocktail that were huge and delicious. My son and I had the 10 oz. filet that was the best ever. They were cooked perfect and so soft and juicy on the inside. Also the seasoning is perfect. My husband had the ahi tuna that was outstanding. He ordered it med. well and was still pink on the inside. We also shared some great drinks. Our waitress was fantastic and so nice too. We have always had a nice visit with the manager to make sure everything is perfect. We can't wait to return. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The entire atmosphere at Gibson's was weird and not what I expected, from the wait staff to the manager. the waiter did not take the time to listen to the actual questions asked. My friend and I were interrupted every 5 minutes by someone coming by to ask if we needed something or bringing something to our table. On one hand this could be a good thing that the wait staff was attentive, but we could not have a conversation as we were interrupted so often. For being known to be a high quality restaurant, I thought service was comparable to a "typical" chain restaurant. I still do not know what the purpose was for the manager of the restaurant to stop by every table to give out his business card. Just weird
- Makes us happyseasoneddinersDined on 9/6/2014Gibsons is something we look forward to. Steaks are terrific and our service was excellent. Large amount of food so you can take home and enjoy the next day. Best waiter we have had in a long time. It is evident that Gibsons wants to please the customer. Only drawback is food is delivered too fast.Special Features:
- Business DinnerLoudDined on 9/3/2014The food and service was excellent. The biggest issue that they pack too many tables into this restaurant which makes for a very noisy place and you lose the ability to have a productive business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Like the Original GibsonsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been to the Gibsons in Chicago and it was one of the best steakhouse experiences I've ever had. This one fell short, mostly as a result of the steak. The Chicago cut steak I ordered was cooked fine from the inside, but was too charred and almost came off as tasting too crusty/burnt on the outside. Seeing as how the steak is the most important part of the meal, it's hard to rate any higher than 3 stars. Having said that, everything else about the trip was fine, including the Crabmeat Avocado appetizer and service (both of which were great). If there's a choice, I would rather make the trip into the city and go to the Gibsons on North Rush.Special Features:
- Top shelf service and steaksFaeRaeDined on 8/30/2014Excellent service, warm and inviting atmosphere, we had a great time. I indicated this was an anniversary celebration on the Open Table site and the staff acknowledge the event with a complimentary dessert (no prompting required). Our waiter made an excellent wine recommendation after questioning my taste preferences. The steaks were fantastic, we ordered the 10 oz Fillet and the 13 oz NY, both were excellent, the NY had a little more flavor. We want to return, very soon.Special Features:
- Noisy, unless you're celebratingtmsquaredDined on 8/30/2014The staff are repeatedly shouting a Happy Birthday chant to celebrating patrons. It's very unsettling initially and quickly becomes very annoying. While the food was good (not fantastic), it's not worth anywhere near the outrageous price that is charged.Special Features:
- Gibsons in rosemontDavethewaveDined on 8/30/2014Service was great. Waiter was very knowledgable about the different steaks available. Although a bit overpriced, the filets we ordered were delicious. Sides are HUGE, so half orders are available. Would definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceOutoftownguestDined on 8/28/2014I was particularly impressed with the service at Gibsons. Everyone was professional, but more than that they were personable. Our server went above and beyond to insure we were satisfied. Good service plus great food equals a fantastic evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what you getmgmheldDined on 8/28/2014Steak was very good but that's about all. For the price paid I expected better food presentation. Vegetables just thrown on a plate wasn't acceptable or appetizing to me. Baked potato wasn't as large as I expected and just sliced across on top as the server put half on each plate with our steak. The house salad was totally awful....bunch of lettuce that didn't look fresh with one small cucumber slice and one very small cherry tomato topped with a glob of dressing. McDonald's side salad is better. Had one glass of wine with no appetizers and a bill of $150 was hardly worth it. Service is the only excellent part of the meal.
- great =Conferenceattendee1Dined on 8/27/2014My experience was excellent - including the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak jointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had a great meal and our visit was made even more pleasurable by our server "Sandy."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningLinkDined on 8/23/2014We always have a delicious meal. They also offer exceptional service. A great place for a special event or a regular dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014We had an awesome waiter and we have a great experience. It was my 40th birthday celebration and we enjoyed every minute of our experience.Special Features:
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014My husband & I have been to the oak brook location quite a few times. This was our first time at the Rosemont location. The lobster bisque was average. I didn't find one chunk of lobster in the entire bowl. The Caesar salad was decent. It had a sour taste to it. And the filet was one of the worst I have ever had. It was cooked medium so the center was nice & pink but it was super dry. The meat itself was just not good meat. And for $43 I would expect a tender perfect steak. The mushrooms are excellent. I didn't want to be rude to our waiter &tell him we were not satisfied.
- Best steakhouse in ChicagodrwojoVIPDined on 8/22/2014The steak and seafood at Gibsons is arguably the best in Chicago. I go here whenever I am in Chicago, and I love the Chicago cut ribeye. Wow. My wife had the king crab legs which were super fresh and meaty. Keep in mind the side dishes are huge, so consider a half portion if you are out with the spouse. Also, we had the incredible strawberry shortcake mountain. Unreal. I could have eaten it for three days. Gibsons is a top tier steakhouse, and the service is impeccable. Its a tag team, but the food comes out so fast you would think they read your mind. Also, try the salt caramel martini with Rum Chata. Also a winner. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great timeoutstandingDined on 8/21/2014We were in town and wanted a good meal. Imagine our susprise from start to finish the epic service and food we received. Our waitress was great and the food was absolutely wonderful. I will recommend and come back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerKellBellDined on 8/20/2014Our dinner was perfect, our waitress Sandy was so personable and just unbelievable. She knew exactly how I wanted my steak and accommodated by offering me a smaller chopped salad ...great to talk to we had a perfect seat and we loved the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning at GibsonPrettymamaDined on 8/20/2014The food in this restaurant was very good, but even with reservations we waited more than 20 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. It was over crowded and the noise level was at the point of us screaming at the table in order to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGibsonsDined on 8/18/2014Great Steaks with a great atmosphere. Great service and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite!Happyfellow2Dined on 8/17/2014When I am in Chicago, I always make sure I eat at Gibsons in Rosemont. Service is great. Food is top notch. Noise is at a level that let's you carry on a conversation with a friend. My highest recommendation !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteromnDined on 8/17/2014One of my favorites, they make you feel like a million bucksSpecial Features:
- Dinnersunshine13Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great time, the server was professional, kind and friendly. The steaks were ausome, so tender and great flavor. We will definitely will come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HouseRandyDined on 8/16/2014The service was good, but the steaks were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebrating sotLexiBexiDined on 8/16/2014I visited Gibson's for the first time with my mom ( a returning guest) for her birthday. The service was great and checked in a lot. We were comped desert for her birthday and the wait staff made her feel special as well. The food was delicious (great rib-eye). It was a little loud but I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointment!AjeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014The whole meal was a disaster. We were given a small table for 2 and told there were no larger tables (not true). My steak was first undercooked, so I sent back and then returned over cooked. The side of mushrooms and spinach had no taste. Even the wedge salad was bland.The Rosemont location is nothing like the Rush location. I would NEVER return nor recommend.
- JvCvVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always great! Can't go wrong for really good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.