Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
5464 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8479289900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Marco Di Benedetto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Gibsons Bar and Steakhouse has live piano nightly. Lenny Capp Trio 8:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Saturday.
A word from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has moved its act to Rosemont. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)good for groups (105)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (74)vibrant bar scene (69)hot spot (62)romantic (51)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (45)late-night find (25)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Not Like the Original GibsonsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been to the Gibsons in Chicago and it was one of the best steakhouse experiences I've ever had. This one fell short, mostly as a result of the steak. The Chicago cut steak I ordered was cooked fine from the inside, but was too charred and almost came off as tasting too crusty/burnt on the outside. Seeing as how the steak is the most important part of the meal, it's hard to rate any higher than 3 stars. Having said that, everything else about the trip was fine, including the Crabmeat Avocado appetizer and service (both of which were great). If there's a choice, I would rather make the trip into the city and go to the Gibsons on North Rush.Special Features:
- Top shelf service and steaksFaeRaeDined on 8/30/2014Excellent service, warm and inviting atmosphere, we had a great time. I indicated this was an anniversary celebration on the Open Table site and the staff acknowledge the event with a complimentary dessert (no prompting required). Our waiter made an excellent wine recommendation after questioning my taste preferences. The steaks were fantastic, we ordered the 10 oz Fillet and the 13 oz NY, both were excellent, the NY had a little more flavor. We want to return, very soon.Special Features:
- Noisy, unless you're celebratingtmsquaredDined on 8/30/2014The staff are repeatedly shouting a Happy Birthday chant to celebrating patrons. It's very unsettling initially and quickly becomes very annoying. While the food was good (not fantastic), it's not worth anywhere near the outrageous price that is charged.Special Features:
- Gibsons in rosemontOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Service was great. Waiter was very knowledgable about the different steaks available. Although a bit overpriced, the filets we ordered were delicious. Sides are HUGE, so half orders are available. Would definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceOutoftownguestDined on 8/28/2014I was particularly impressed with the service at Gibsons. Everyone was professional, but more than that they were personable. Our server went above and beyond to insure we were satisfied. Good service plus great food equals a fantastic evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Steak was very good but that's about all. For the price paid I expected better food presentation. Vegetables just thrown on a plate wasn't acceptable or appetizing to me. Baked potato wasn't as large as I expected and just sliced across on top as the server put half on each plate with our steak. The house salad was totally awful....bunch of lettuce that didn't look fresh with one small cucumber slice and one very small cherry tomato topped with a glob of dressing. McDonald's side salad is better. Had one glass of wine with no appetizers and a bill of $150 was hardly worth it. Service is the only excellent part of the meal.
- great =Conferenceattendee1Dined on 8/27/2014My experience was excellent - including the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak jointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had a great meal and our visit was made even more pleasurable by our server "Sandy."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningLinkDined on 8/23/2014We always have a delicious meal. They also offer exceptional service. A great place for a special event or a regular dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014We had an awesome waiter and we have a great experience. It was my 40th birthday celebration and we enjoyed every minute of our experience.Special Features:
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014My husband & I have been to the oak brook location quite a few times. This was our first time at the Rosemont location. The lobster bisque was average. I didn't find one chunk of lobster in the entire bowl. The Caesar salad was decent. It had a sour taste to it. And the filet was one of the worst I have ever had. It was cooked medium so the center was nice & pink but it was super dry. The meat itself was just not good meat. And for $43 I would expect a tender perfect steak. The mushrooms are excellent. I didn't want to be rude to our waiter &tell him we were not satisfied.
- Best steakhouse in ChicagodrwojoVIPDined on 8/22/2014The steak and seafood at Gibsons is arguably the best in Chicago. I go here whenever I am in Chicago, and I love the Chicago cut ribeye. Wow. My wife had the king crab legs which were super fresh and meaty. Keep in mind the side dishes are huge, so consider a half portion if you are out with the spouse. Also, we had the incredible strawberry shortcake mountain. Unreal. I could have eaten it for three days. Gibsons is a top tier steakhouse, and the service is impeccable. Its a tag team, but the food comes out so fast you would think they read your mind. Also, try the salt caramel martini with Rum Chata. Also a winner. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great timeoutstandingDined on 8/21/2014We were in town and wanted a good meal. Imagine our susprise from start to finish the epic service and food we received. Our waitress was great and the food was absolutely wonderful. I will recommend and come back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerKellBellDined on 8/20/2014Our dinner was perfect, our waitress Sandy was so personable and just unbelievable. She knew exactly how I wanted my steak and accommodated by offering me a smaller chopped salad ...great to talk to we had a perfect seat and we loved the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning at GibsonPrettymamaDined on 8/20/2014The food in this restaurant was very good, but even with reservations we waited more than 20 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. It was over crowded and the noise level was at the point of us screaming at the table in order to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGibsonsDined on 8/18/2014Great Steaks with a great atmosphere. Great service and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite!Happyfellow2Dined on 8/17/2014When I am in Chicago, I always make sure I eat at Gibsons in Rosemont. Service is great. Food is top notch. Noise is at a level that let's you carry on a conversation with a friend. My highest recommendation !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteromnDined on 8/17/2014One of my favorites, they make you feel like a million bucksSpecial Features:
- Dinnersunshine13Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great time, the server was professional, kind and friendly. The steaks were ausome, so tender and great flavor. We will definitely will come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HouseRandyDined on 8/16/2014The service was good, but the steaks were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebrating sotLexiBexiDined on 8/16/2014I visited Gibson's for the first time with my mom ( a returning guest) for her birthday. The service was great and checked in a lot. We were comped desert for her birthday and the wait staff made her feel special as well. The food was delicious (great rib-eye). It was a little loud but I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointment!AjeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014The whole meal was a disaster. We were given a small table for 2 and told there were no larger tables (not true). My steak was first undercooked, so I sent back and then returned over cooked. The side of mushrooms and spinach had no taste. Even the wedge salad was bland.The Rosemont location is nothing like the Rush location. I would NEVER return nor recommend.
- JvCvVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always great! Can't go wrong for really good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Perfect Dining ExperienceLSidDined on 8/15/2014We dined at Gibson's in Rosemont for our Anniversary. I have never had a better steak than the W.R.'s Chicago Cut that we were served. We also enjoyed the Scallops De Jonghe and the creamed spinach was fantastic. The Chocolate/Banana Cream Cake finished things off quite nicely. Cocktails were well done and the service was Outstanding. We enjoyed our Friday Night meal so much that we were back in the Bar Area on Saturday Night for Cocktails and Appetizers.Special Features:
- Fabulous!FOODFORFLOYDDined on 8/15/2014Everything was awesome from the moment we walked in the door. The courtesy of the staff, the level of the service, and the quality of the food was all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentLuvfreshandlightVIPDined on 8/15/2014Having dined at Gibsons on Rush Street in Chicago, the Rosemont location was an overall disappointment. Limited lunch menu for those who don't eat meat. Tuna on lunch salad was tasteless with other uninteresting ingredients.
- Steaks is their specialtyFranVIPDined on 8/14/2014If you want a good steak, this is the place. You will have to pay the price for a good steak though. Service was very good, a tad stuffy for me, but good none the less. If you are out for a special occasion, this might be the placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- ZlamsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Great food. Always an irritation to have a custodian in the bathroom with hand towels, mints, and other toiletries harassing you for a tip. If that's suppose to be classy, it detracts from an otherwise great place.
- Great experience!brittpeilaDined on 8/11/2014Walking into Gibson's made me feel like I was walking into a scene of Mad Men. Beautiful rooms, quiet, attentive staff. Food was great! This restaurant is good for special occasions. I had noted on my Open Table reservation that it was my boyfriend's birthday, and when we asked for dessert they brought it with a candle and did a small birthday wish. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceCarmanVIPDined on 8/10/2014You can't go wrong if you enjoy good food. General manger and server were very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJoannaDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time at Gibson's Steakhouse. Let me start with the good: The waiter was really polite and knowledgeable. The drink I ordered was called Pear Blossom I believe, and it was not bad either. My husband, going with the waiter's recommendation, ordered the muscles, and they were tasty as well. Now, with the not so good. I ordered a tuna steak, medium rare. It was pretty tasteless and not medium rare for sure. I expected a lot better. I've had my share of tuna steaks in the past and I would not recommend Gibson's. Overall, at a fairly high price per food item, with a split satisfaction, I will probably not come back.Special Features:
- Family dinnerDelicious1Dined on 8/9/2014Our dinner at Gibsons was delicious!!! The waiter was very attentive to our group! Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRRF522Dined on 8/9/2014We always experience exceptional food and service when we dine at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse.Special Features:
- Very Good as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Never had a bad meal at Gibson's. From the valet, to hostess, waiters and managers, they are always on their game! Great menu and drink list and always prepared/served just right. Congratulations on running such a good restaurantSpecial Features:
- AwesomeNoneBetterDined on 8/8/2014Gibson's is our "goto" place in Rosemont. The food is great - try the WR Ribeye. Also, don't forget the dessert. The ice cream turtle sundae is out of this world. Oh yeah, for an appetizer, try the spicy lobster.Special Features:
- Lunch meeting was a successMikeDined on 8/7/2014Had a lunch meeting at Gibson's. Service was intuitive to our needing to conduct business and was very professional. Food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Will returnAlwaysinahotelDined on 8/5/2014The only negative I can say is I wish they had single portions of sides and desserts for those stuck traveling and dining alone. Otherwise, a wonderful experience. Glad I went while in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianedDined on 8/4/2014Our steaks were excellent although mine was a little more cooked of a medium rare than my husband's. Everyone who waited on us was very experienced and delightful. The half order of fries was spot on. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great for Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014We met an out-of-town friend here for Sunday lunch. The food was wonderful as was the service. We wanted for nothing and when we decided to stay and chat, no one rushed us. We love Gibsons and will of course return for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY THE BEST!cpidonDined on 8/2/2014Have eaten at all the renowned Chicago steakhouses but Gibson's is the best! The Rosemont location has the ambience, the service and the quality. From our cocktails, to appetizers, to main course, to dessert - all was absolutely perfect! Well worth the money you spend. Our waiter, Anthony made the evening more enjoyable. The shrimp appetizer was cooked perfectly and huge. The combination vegetable plater is outstanding. The creme' brule the creamiest I've ever had and naturally, the steaks are perfect!I would recommend this to a friend.