Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
5464 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (847) 928-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Marco Di Benedetto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Gibsons Bar and Steakhouse has live piano nightly. Lenny Capp Trio 8:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Saturday.
A word from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has moved its act to Rosemont. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (211)good for groups (145)fit for foodies (123)hot spot (95)notable wine list (95)vibrant bar scene (81)romantic (71)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (43)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FoodieDined on 11/22/2014Excellent food & service! Ambience was fantastic - like you're dining in a friend's comfortable home. Can't go wrong with a steak. The lamb was excellent too and it was served exactly as it should be. Service was impeccable as always! We showed up an hour early for our reservation and they even offered and worked us in on one of their busiest nights!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiler13VIPDined on 11/22/2014Gibson's never disappoints. Food was very good. Took a little longer than normal when just having fish and salads but all was ok because we got to talk to our friends. They ran out of a lot of stuff by our 7:30 pm reservation so that was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibson's RosemontOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014Always enjoy going there as the place is arguably one of the best steakhouse's in Chicago. One of our guest's had a pork chop and felt it was not on par with their steaks, but everything else was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingDrPaulDined on 11/21/2014I have been a loyal patron of Gibson's in the city and Rosemont and always had an excellent experience. The service at this restaurant was slow and the wait staff appeared indifferent. We sat down at 7:40 and left at 9:50 and had to run to catch the 10:00 show at the Rosemont Theater. My steak arrived instead of medium+ it came rare. No one came by to ask if it was ok. It took so long to get it in the first place that I ate it as is although it was not to my liking. The ambience was more than "exuberant." I could not hear my dinner partners. It left a figurative and literal bad taste in my mouth. I shall be recommending Morton's and Ruth's Chris from now on.
- Always absolutely the bestMarcieggVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is our go-to spot for our birthdays because it's always absolutely the best. Thanks Sandy for making our dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Awesome, old school Chicago SteakhouseAwesomeDined on 11/20/2014OMG!! Just an awesome old school steakhouse. Vibrant scene, great cuts of ultra prime beef, and seared to perfection! Nice assortment of local ales, & great wine list! Here's the deal: no matter how full you are, no matter what - ORDER THE CARROT CAKE!! Even if you "aren't a carrot cake fan". Do yourself a favor and listen to me. ORDER THE CARROT CAKE!! Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love coming to Chicago for gibsonsLovetoeatVIPDined on 11/20/2014Year after year the place is always good. It was a very cold day so I decided to have the drench onion sop. Never have I had that before. It was excellent. For dinner had a 24 oz porterhouse cooked medium with a pink center Just perfect and the taste was great. May try lunch tomorrow before I leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great Service! Great wine List.ChicagoJoeDined on 11/18/2014Started with shrimp cocktail and Crab-cakes, The best crab-cake I ever had and this is in Chicago. Had the bone in filet cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 years in a row!AndyVIPDined on 11/18/2014Celebrated another great sales year with our company. Always book the same table and will again next year! Want to keep our momentum! Always a great time with great food and service! Best bone-in rib eye anywhere! All the sides were fantastic and those that ordered seafood were also very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crudoDined on 11/17/2014great steaks, bar, and old-time feel. Service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food & energy. Love the piano bar!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our 30 year wedding anniversary with our adult children. They loved it! The evening was perfect. We started and ended at the vibrant bar. Dinner was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014The steaks were cooked to perfection and the wines were a very nice pairing. The steak had a beautiful crisp outside with a warm, juicy center. It was definitely the best steak I ever had, and I wondered why it took my husband so long to take me here! He had been several times to the location in Chicago and had always raved about the steaks. Mark Campise was our server. He was fabulous! He had great suggestions and always appeared at the perfect time to check in on us. Mark made it feel like a special occasion and not just another Friday night dinner out. We will ask for him again next time. The crème brulee was very good. We ordered it with fresh berries and they didn't skimp on the berries. It was definitely a dessert that could be shared. I would have preferred it to be served in a shallow dish with less custard since the you will run out of the carmelized sugar topping before you are even half way done with the custard. Overall, Gibsons is a great place. I think it would be a perfect place to bring guests from out of town or coworkers for a fun evening out. We would definitely recommend it to anyone who THINKS they have had a great steak. This place will wins, hands down!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience.SecurityIllinoisDined on 11/13/2014As we were led to our corner table for six, various members of the wait staff greeted us warmly. Drinks came quickly, Ugo our server anticipated every want we had including creating a seafood appetizer platter for the table - shrimp, crab, lobster volcano and oysters were exactly what we wanted. Huge cuts of perfectly cooked meat arrived in an appropriate amount of time and the sides were great as well (so too was a dining companion's scallop I had from er plate). Passed on dessert - everyone was too full. Out of town guests raved about this classic Chicago streak house experience. It was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large groups no problemKCFoodGuyDined on 11/12/2014I took a large group for dinner and always concerned about service and quality of food . But not at Gibson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014We took some of our customers to dinner there and enjoyed the menu and service. It was a bit noisy so it is not good for a quiet romantic dinner. Overall it was excellent for our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!CPT7425Dined on 11/11/2014The food and service at Gibsons is exceptional. It's a bit loud and chaotic, but you get past that when you start eating! I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Suburban if upscale setting. The downtown location is much more lively. The steaks were okay, nothing I left dreaming about.
- Loved this Steak HouseSweetsDined on 11/8/2014It was my husband's birthday and he loved his steak, I had shrimp the largest shrimp I've ever seen, we will come back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodZumbaMamaDined on 11/8/2014Although it is pretty crowded and noisy, we still enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- good food, not great servicejbroDined on 11/8/2014food was very good. The waiter brought us our entrees, and when we asked what happened to the appetizers we ordered, he admitted he forgot to put in the order. He apologized for forgetting and walked off. We never heard another word from him about this.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed Gibson's very much. The service was great. Staff was very cordial, our waiter Mattew was very nice. I usually am not a complainer but my New York Steak was not what I have experienced in the past visits to Gibsons. For the most part, my steak was tough and unappealing. I litterally had to dispose of pieces on my plate that were not edible. My wife had to return her fillet as it was undercooked. The rest of our food sat there until her steak was returned and only minutes before that they took my steak to be warmed while her was being recooked. We truly love Gibsons and we will not let this deter us. But, you asked and I am glad you did. Each year we request a gift card for Gibsons. We will continue that tradition. Steven Amari / Patricia Amari email@example.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Gipson's bar and steakhouse is hands down the best place I've been for a good steak. They come to your table and tell you about the different cuts then leave you wanting to try them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of EnergystarbucksdeaconDined on 11/7/2014Vibrant, loud, a lot of people, very energetic. Food and service were outstanding. If you don't like being close together, this is not the restaurant for you. This seemed a bit crazier than other Gibson's I have eaten at in the Chicago area. As an out-of-towner who travels to Chicago frequently, I always think of Gibson's as a restaurant that I can take clients or friends to and never be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed our visit. My only disappointment was the fact that I noted it was a birthday celebration and it was never recognized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackieDined on 11/6/2014As usual Gibsons did not disappoint. We are in town for meetings a couple of times a year and each time we come to Gibsons...The food is always phenomenal, the staff is the best I have encountered, very knowledgable and friendly. I would always recommend Gibsons to people visiting the area. We will see you again in 6 months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Great service by all staff. Best steak I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special experience, excellent foodLibgirl07Dined on 11/2/2014Met friends here for a mass 50th birthday dinner. The service was outstanding - attentive and didn't Rush us at all even though we attend a long time visiting. Everyone raved about the food they ordered - steaks, burgers, chicken etc. we had a wide variety. I expected the bill to be much larger for a beautiful restauant like this - $25 a person excluding alcohol. That included a couple of desserts we shared. You can never go wrong with Gibsons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestJFC229Dined on 11/1/2014I've been lucky to travel around the United States, and visit some of the best Steakhouse's in the country. I took my daughter to dinner there Saturday night and we both agreed it was one of the best meals we've ever had. The food was great, and our server Jeffery was attentive, and witty. A thoroughly enjoyable night!Special Features:
- Steaks so salty no edible !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Crab cakes and anti paste plates both vary good. After that it went down hill. They brought my wife the wrong steak then took it back and brought another steak. Both the sirloin and porterhouse where so heavily salted we could not eat them!Special Features:
- GIBSONS ROCKS!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014my birthday celebration couldn't have been better! REMY was our server and the fact we're both white sox fans made it even better. he was well informed and presented the menu professionally. the antipasto tray was a great way to start the evening and we followed that with the W.R. CHICAGO CUT STEAK, 22 ounces of bone-in pleasure and a bone-in 16 oz. sirloin. YOWSA!! we split the monster baked potato and then finished off the meal by sharing a creme brulee. awesome. THEY DO IT RIGHT AT GIBSONS AND THEY DO IT RIGHT EVERY TIME!Special Features:
- Great foodDannyDined on 10/31/2014The best steak my wife and I ever had. The server was great and kind. I will recommend this place to anyone. Did I mention it was the best steak ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerauthenticviewDined on 10/30/2014Gibson's never disappoints. We had a wonderful business dinner they are complete with perfect wine as well as perfect steak. It's not for the food who is looking for exotic dishes, but if it's a good steak you're looking for look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely superbCYB01Dined on 10/29/2014From the front door to the table... Gibson's was hopping with energy! The food is superbly displayed and cooked to perfection. We attended to celebrate a wedding anniversary and the booth was located outside the main flow as requested. My wife didn't expect the cake complementaryand didn't save room. Since we were traveling and couldn' taake with us, it would have been good to share it with others in the restaurant. Highly reccommended!Special Features:
- Best SteakswelldoneDined on 10/26/2014This is my favorite steakhouse. I have been coming to Gibsons for years and noticed that most of the wait staff have also been there for years. Low staff turn-over means a well-managed restaurant. This is clearly evident in the service, which is always top notch. The only negative is that the tables are jammed together with diners backing up to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks in Chicago!ViolaladyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Gibsons never disappoints. We have visited both locations several times. In the mood for artery clogging over the top excellence and portion size? This is your place. While the menu caters to carnivores, there are also several non meat selections. Veggies could easily make a meal on a duo or trio of sides. Fairly extensive wine list. Can be noisy when full - ask for seating in a side room if you are wanting to carry on conversation while you eat. Service is attentive without being obtrusive. Bus boys could fill coffee a little more often - but a small detail that didn't ruin the meal.Special Features:
- BrendaschoicesDined on 10/25/2014Excellent steak, melts in your mouth. Love the hustle and bustle of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak bdaysteakbdayDined on 10/25/2014It was my husband's birthday and the good was great. They should explain in advance that if you want the candle on the large cake slice you have to choose that as a dessert...I was unaware and my husband was very disappointed.They charged me for two desserts and I was angry!!Our bill was $420 and they didn't even offer to comp the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful time and the staff was warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- A Must for Steak LoversDewsterDined on 10/24/2014This is how my wife and I treat ourselves for special occasions. We were just there for our 44th wedding anniversary and felt right at home with the "mixed age" crowd. The food is outstanding and the service is impeccable. Terrific for larger group (private room) parties we've held there too. The Chocolate Mousse cake is almost decadent.Special Features:
- Always greatitsallgoodDined on 10/24/2014Gibsons always meetings high expectations with great service, food, and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.