Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago
1028 North Rush
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (312) 266-8999
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago
Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)fit for foodies (121)hot spot (120)vibrant bar scene (109)good for groups (107)neighborhood gem (95)notable wine list (88)great for lunch (76)great for outdoor dining (74)romantic (62)late-night find (43)scenic view (31)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (23)Show More
- porterhouseshiningVIPDined on 11/26/2014always the best steak in chicago. recommend porterhouse or chicago cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Best steaks in our life! We plan on returning on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hob2014Hob2014Dined on 11/23/2014Excellent experience, but pricey! Large portions....don't over order!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Outstanding food and service. Clearly the best steak house in Chicago and possibly the countrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014The service was perfect. My filet melted in my mouth. Between the 3 of us we ate 1 double baked potato! They brought my son, who is 5, a ice cream sundae! On the house! I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem; One of My Favs!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2014I dine at Gibson's whenever I get a chance and it fits my schedule. I, so far, have ordered the marinated skirt steak every time I have gone there. I think it is superb! Wonderful marinade and expertly done even though I almost always have to send it back for "more fire" as it is usually a bit underdone when I first receive it. One change they have made is that the steak used to be paired with these wonderful onion strings! This was a great pairing. They have done away with the onion strings in favor of a gardinere which does not play well with the flavors of the marinated steak. I strongly urge Gibson's to go back to the onion strings as they were wonderful on their own but really add the needed finish to an otherwise somewhat 'naked' dish. But, all in all, I love Gibson's and highly recommend it to those diners that enjoy a lovely and a bit old fashioned experience with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedlikegoodfoodDined on 11/21/2014I had to make reservations 2 months in advance. You'd thus think this place was very special, but while it's good, it's certainly nothing great. The steak, a porterhouse for 2, was undercooked, not that juicy and not sizzling hot. The side of fries was mediocre, the kind you buy in the frozen food section of the supermarket. I have previously eaten at the Gibson's in Rosemont and I remember that place was better than this one downtown Chicago on Rush Street. I would definitely not eat here againSpecial Features:
- Best steak we have EVER had and we're from Texas!SteakQueenDined on 11/20/2014This place had the BEST steak we have EVER had and we live in Texas!! We travel and eat at high end steak houses quite a bit and this is hands-down the best steak ever! The dessert was AMAZING! I will come back to Chicago just to go to this restaurant again! The service was flawless (and trust me, I am picky)!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dutchDined on 11/20/2014Great place and at the heart of Rush Street.................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food & serviceBlondieVIPDined on 11/19/2014Gibson's has been open for 25 years in Chicago for a good reason: the food, service & ambiance are consistently terrific. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes for GibsonfourmybDined on 11/14/2014A Chicago Miracle Mile mainstay with excellent food, particularly their steaks. Come hungry as the portions are huge. Also, this is one of the only restaurants that encourages the sharing of salads and entrees. The best part is they they do not charge extra for sharing. We did a 4 pm Friday dinner and found it to be more enjoyable since the restaurant was not full with customers and staff had the time to really be more personable. This is an incredibly popular restaurant so make your reservation at least 7-10 days in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StepdecatDined on 11/11/2014Excellent food and service, enjoy going to Gibson's everytime I am in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slightly rushedEnjoysdiningoutDined on 11/10/2014The food was EXCELLENT and the server knew his stuff. The only dissappointment was we felt a bit rushed. We hadn't finished our salads when the whole main course came out and the steak had to be eaten kinda cold because we were still working on the last course...such a shame because it was really really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meet and greet.KatahdinDined on 11/9/2014Met My brother and his companion from Florida.. We had a great time good food and nice window view table My wife and I will be back. I would recommend. Good value.Special Features:
- Good not GreatLuvs2eatsteakDined on 11/9/2014Decor old school classic. Our waiter was very good without hovering and being annoying. I can only say based on what we had: old fashion cocktail was very good, simple chopped salad one with bleu cheese the other vinaigrette good. Sides and desserts should be shared. My son and I both had the WR cut steak and it was good but not the best I've had. We shared a baked potato with butter & sour cream(no chives or bacon)ok not great. Again share the sides and desserts: homemade cherry pie with vanilla ice cream pretty good. A giant piece of carrot cake enough for 4-5 people(I kid you not) was very good. The hilight of the evening was being with my son who took me to Chicago to see the San Jose Sharks play the Blackhawks. What a son!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!JCGdinersDined on 11/8/2014Succulent, perfectly cooked steaks and top-notch service!Special Features:
- Same table 3 trips in a row!LoriDined on 11/8/2014Not only is the food AMAZING, but they remember your preferences! We like a certain table and dining time when we visit Chicago Gibson's has come through all three visits! It's a huge treat for our college student and a time for making great family memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chicago classicSteveFromMNDined on 11/7/2014Out-of-towners need to put Gibson's on their bucket list of steakhouses to eat at in Chicago. I had the New York Sirloin with the pepper crust and it was delicious. Just the right spice to complement the Markham cabernet we selected. My wife had the Halibut and it too was outstanding. Our servers were attentive and very helpful. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Thank youMaddieJDined on 11/6/2014It was a special evening for our family and we had so much fun. Food was great - service even better. The entire team who took care of us were fantastic. Gibsons is our favorite restaurant to people watch; have great food and always the best service.Special Features:
- The BestBosscatDined on 11/4/2014Best food in Chicago...Steak was awesome, sides were just as good. Classic Steakhouse with alot of energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!mlearoVIPDined on 11/4/2014I brought a group of customers to Gibson's on North Rush for dinner and they exceeded all expectations. Everything was outstanding from the wait staff (ask for Elvis) and wine list all the way through the menu.Special Features:
- Gibbons is GreatJDeetroitDined on 10/30/2014Fun atmosphere with great service great food and a lively atmosphere. Come hungry for any occasion ... Your guaranteed to leave happy and full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful dining experienceBlondieVIPDined on 10/30/2014The enclosed porch on the north side of the building is a perfect place to observe the Rush Street action while enjoying a consistently excellent meal. We dine there at least weekly, & the service is impeccable. All of the servers are professional, helpful & upbeat, but our favorite is Zach. The car attendants are also terrific. Highly recommend Gibson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 10/28/2014my daughter and i had a wonderful experience for lunch after a stressful day. the staff was great, the food was great, the desserts phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people watching but priceytxvegetarianDined on 10/25/2014Lovely Oct night so sat outside and watch all of the 'beautiful' people. Excellent service and my husband said his bone in filet was amazing. I, being vegetarian, had the option of a $10 potato. Or spinach. Seriously. Why not have a decent vegetarian option, even in a steak house? From TX and even WE do that :)Special Features:
- Good dinner, great quality steakmegfromtnDined on 10/25/2014We dined in this weekend. The service and food were both good. Large portion sizes. I asked for mine to be boxed up. Great for a late night snack but when I got home realized my sides that we asked to have included were not included. I was really looking forward to that delicious creamed spinach and mushrooms.Special Features:
- KodyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great Chicago classic icon, fun people watching from outdoor tables, outstanding service!Special Features:
- Great restaurantDisappointedVIPDined on 10/21/2014Ambiance is always "alive". Server was excellent. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical High End Steak HouseEatWhileOutDined on 10/19/2014You will benefit from making a reservation if trying to get in at a high volume hour. The steak was cooked to order and our table split it 3 ways. The portions are large. We had sauteed spinach and broccoli which was very tasty. The highlight was dessert. Don't bother with anything other than the macadamia turtle pie for your first visit. It was pretty amazing. Yes, it is extremely large, but well worth it. Share some with the table next to you, they might just pick up your tab :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEd303Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service!!!!! Food was impeccable!!!!!! Gibson made my 11th year anniversary a great success.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014would recommend to anyone that likes steak and great food!Special Features:
- Ridiculous...in a good way!3rdGenCollinsDined on 10/17/2014We absolutely loved our experience. Personally, I prefer Gibson's over Peter Luger's in NY or any other meal I've ever had for that matter. I would make a reservation well in advance, only because you'll need to.Special Features:
- Will not be disappointed!SparkyArizonaDined on 10/17/2014We were a party of 4 and our reservation time was adhered to promptly. Our table was outstanding and were seated by a window. Our waiter, David, was informative and assisted by make great recommendations for dinner. The steaks are so tender. For dessert we had the Banana Nut cake. It was so large that it fed the 4 of us and we were be to share it with another couple that were there also celebrating a 50th birthday. Yes, there was enough to still bring home and have a midnight snack. Thank you, Gibsons, for making our celebration the best it could be! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed.luv2eatDined on 10/17/2014The ambiance was fantastic! The waiter was one of the best we have ever had! But, our expensive steaks and everything on the plate was room temperature. We were so disappointed as we had looked forward to eating here after several people told us it was wonderful. In retrospect, we should have said something to the waiter sooner, but we were with other people and didn't want to complain. When we were finished, we all said the same thing...our food had not been hot, not the steaks, not the potato, not the sauce. This is an upscale restaurant and there should be better control over sending out cold food.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseRidingRealtorDined on 10/16/2014If you love steak then go to this place. It is the bomb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingmolynn79Dined on 10/16/2014I dined at Gibson's last Thursday evening. The service and food were both outstanding. When I made my reservation I noted some dietary restrictions and was pleased that my server was informed. He did a great job helping me to avoid foods that were off limits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgilmoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/14/2014I Love this place, I keep coming, I always get good service. However this last time waiter was not friendly and he once threw on to our table the utensils. Overall, amazing food. Will be back soon- hope to get a better service.Special Features:
- ShellyDined on 10/13/2014We had a reservation for 7:30pm and I had noted in the comments that we were celebrating a Birthday. We weren't seated until close to 8pm, which I didn't think much of since it was Chicago but I was still a bit irritated. The hostess could see this and passed it on to the person seating us. When we arrived to our table there was a $17 appetizer already awaiting us! This was a nice surprise. The food was excellent and when we were finished eating they surprised our son with a HUGE piece of pecan pie and sang Happy Birthday. Of course, the pie was on the house too!!Special Features:
- Great placeKMV22Dined on 10/13/2014This was a great place to enjoy a wonderfully made steak to order!!! Loved the open table sharing of the side dishes and a GREAT wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, the steak disappointedNYTuckVIPDined on 10/13/2014Clubby and old-school but bright. The staff were professional and very attentive. Waiter was great. The spicy lobster artichoke was quite nice. The "show-piece" disappointed. The 48 oz. Porterhouse for two was unseasoned, tough and grisly- Medium rare but obviously left too long on one side then a quick sear on the other- the rim which was over 1/4 inch brown on one side and non-existent on the other. It was way too chewy. Perhaps we got a bad piece. It should have been seasoned. I feel wet-aging is inferior to dry in-house aging we grew up at the legendary "Peter Luger's" in Brooklyn. It just did not have the mouth-feel and earthiness we expected. Too bad. If I was told this was an aberration, I would give it another try.Special Features: