Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago
1028 North Rush
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3122668999
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago
Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)hot spot (116)great for outdoor dining (110)neighborhood gem (107)fit for foodies (94)vibrant bar scene (92)good for groups (91)great for lunch (85)notable wine list (85)romantic (69)great for brunch (39)late-night find (39)scenic view (38)kid-friendly (23)Show More
- horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We had reserved a table a month in advance, and reconfirmed 2 hours before reservation. We had an important business meeting and was 10 min early, however our guests called and told us their plane landed late, so they would be 20min late. The snotty arrogant host told us at our arrival, that we could not be seated till our 2 other guest arrived. we tried the bar, but no seats. I went to the host 3 times to get our seats, but she continued to refuse us to sit down. After my pregnant wife and I had been standing around for 30 min our guests arrived, and I had to go get the manager to get the table. HORRIBLE SERVICE.... TOOO many good restaurants in Chicago to be treated like that. After spending well over $600,- I would never return there.
- Great meatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great place to enjoy a good steak. The ambience was great. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar before our table was ready beofre our reservation time. The portions are large and it might be a good opportunity to share plates.Special Features:
- They made me happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Our waiter was a handsome, young man with a shaved head. He did everything to make our experience the best, and the food was good too...Special Features:
- 5 star spot, 3 star foodPattoDined on 9/7/2014It is a great location, ambience, service, drinks, people, all awesome. However, the food was good but did not warrant a 5 star rating. The Onion and Tomato salad should have been marinated properly, it wasn't. I was just eating a raw onion and a sliced tomato with a little dressing dripped on top. The blue cheese scallop potatoes had way too much blue cheese. I mean, waaaaayyyyy too much. The ribeye was cooked perfect and the seasoning was great but it was way too marbled. I literally was cutting out large pieces of fat, and my friends were just eating the fat in there's (there were two other ribeyes at the table). The garlic spinach was good but the garlic broccoli was not. I would still go back though and try again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in ChicagochloeDined on 9/7/2014I am from Texas and took 2 friends from Australia to what I hoped would be a great steak restaurant. None of us were disappointed. Steaks were cooked to perfection and service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatsouthern1Dined on 9/7/2014The hostess gave us a warm greeting, the waiter was friendly and attentive, surroundings looked clean, white tablecloths and polished wood were an elegant touch. My wife's filet was great. I had the bone-in ribeye and at over $50, my expectations were high; seared nicely, looked great, but was tougher than Prime steaks I've had in the past. Gibson's wasn't advertised as such, but it wasn't an intimate setting. We sat in a booth, but a diner from another table was actually physically closer to me than my wife (who was across the table)! The aisle way next to our table was highly trafficked with passers by brushing our table all through the meal. Noise level was also high from a number of large groups who were throughout the restaurant.Special Features:
- Still the best - but....KrupsmasterDined on 9/5/2014For me Gibsons is since more than 25 years the best steakhouse in the world. And it is probably still. BUT - this time the steaks were too burned outside and in stead of the ordered medium rare they were more near well done. Ok - this was the first time but should in THIS restaurant not happen again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Great food, great service. We celebrated my daughter's engagement and my future son-in-law's 30th birthday. The server, Greg, couldn't have been better and of course, the steaks and sides were outstanding. Expensive but worth it for a fun, special evening.Special Features:
- BarbieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Thank you Raul, Johnny and Steve another beautiful day and food!Special Features:
- Gibson'sHarlieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Steak was delicious as were the sides. Service however poor. Had to ask sev. times for & item. Told this was a double anniversary celebration- one a 50th. Ordered the cake - no candle! Nothing special at all was done. The cake was delicious but ridiculous by the way. Enuf for 10. I guess bigger portion = bigger profit. I wanted my untouched salad to take home. They forgot. Been here many times and sadly this time was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Worth it!FitzSkyewalkerDined on 8/30/2014This place is pricey but every bite is amazing. We went early as we have a 3 year old and everyone was as nice to him as they were to us!Special Features:
- DisappointedJBerDined on 8/29/2014Gibson's had been highly touted in reviews, but we were disappointed in the steaks. The filets were dry and flavorless. We expected flavorful meat since we were in the Midwest, but we're very disappointed in the meal we had. One of the party had salmon and said it was good.
- Oldy but a GoodyKRoyerDined on 8/29/2014Gibson's has been around for quite some time - and it's still got it! We came for lunch labor day weekend 2014 - and the food was great! The bartender was extremely knowledgeable and professional! Great martinis! You can't go wrong - it's an oldy, but a goody!Special Features:
- Everything was perfect!KbeamsDined on 8/28/2014Everything was amazing! And our server Rick was the best!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip itBzerkeleyVIPDined on 8/28/2014We had heard good things and expected to have a really good steak equal to the reputation and the price. Ours was less than average. Not much flavor and a lot of chewy sinewy parts. The couple we were with sent theirs back to the kitchen to be cooked some more. This us Chicago - we thought they were the royalty if steak. We have all had much better in Las Vegas. Stop resting on your laurels. Skip it folks!!
- Gibson'saom2VIPDined on 8/27/2014Best beef and service in town. They also serve fish and anything you might want. They are the best restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:
- Great food on a nice patio!sw43Dined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed our patio lunch with delicious food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favoriteriversDined on 8/25/2014this place has got to be my favorite steakhouse in Chicago. a great selection of steaks cooked to perfection . i look forward to Gibsons when i am in town. great desserts and seafood too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewLuvsteak56Dined on 8/23/2014A special dining experience. The staff makes you feel comfortable and welcomed. Great presentation. The steak was expensive and over-rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I rememberedDisappointedDined on 8/22/2014Used to frequent Chicago often 20 years ago, and always went to Gibson's. The food was outstanding back then. It was always full, but not as busy as now. They brought out a wider selection of meats then, and the steaks and sides were outstanding. Based on prior experience, I highly recommended this reservation. The ribeye steak was now OK. Under-cooked for the ordered medium, with more fat than expected. The sides were also OK. There was no longer the WOW affect as it was 20 years ago. Now there are much better steakhouses in Chicago that override Gibson's. I was somewhat disappointed.
- Outstanding Dinner!CarrieskiDined on 8/22/2014We came to this restaurant for my daughter's birthday. It did not disappoint. The food and service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great steaks!PSquaredDined on 8/21/2014True Chicago Steakhouse experience. Began with our waiter Carl promising we'd have fun. We did! Servings were huge....double baked potato the size of a football. Meat tray helped us decide what to order. I'll be back next time I'm in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST!GreatdinRsDined on 8/21/2014The food is world class! They give u a substantial amount, well worth the money your going to spend! A great atmosphere- better suited for adults meeting with friends or a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and allergy awarenonutspleaseDined on 8/19/2014We went as a family of four, with two of those younger than 10 yrs old and one with a food allergy. The wait staff was wonderful. The food was delicious. The kitchen staff and wait staff we very accommodating to the food allergic person and more than happy to cater to the kids. Gibsons encourages sharing steaks and sides and will bring extra plates free of charge. There was plenty to eat. There was a wide range of customer attire from casual to suits and no one felt out of place. I would recommend a reservation as the place filled up very fast after 6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibson'saom2VIPDined on 8/17/2014This is our favorite restaurant. The food and service are consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- Good for lunchTennisandfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014I would recommend this place for lunch. It's kind of old school, which I guess is its intention. Enjoyed the food, but definitely had a better meal and more enjoyable, modern ambiance elsewhere. Our waitress was fantastic, and again, the food was very good. The vibe just felt a little dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house experienceJoLCDined on 8/14/2014I definitely recommend Gibsons if you want to have a true Chicagoan steakhouse experience!! The meat was delicious:) Bair in mind that the portions are big and deserts are huge. Recommend the potatoes as side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in the Windy CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Love checking out new dining experiences. This was definitely a great choice. My son who is finicky said best filet ever.Special Features:
- Prime rib was subparBlondieVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is the first time in years the food at Gibson's was disappointing. Everyone at our table ordered the prime rib and is wasn't up to Gibson's usual standard of excellence. The service was outstanding, and we'll return, but on this occasion the food was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigEVIPDined on 8/11/2014The service went down a little but still the best steaks in Chicago.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrtionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Celebrated daughters birthday at Gibson's and was fantastic. Great food, excellent service and overall a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Gibson'seatinchicagoDined on 8/9/2014The steaks were excellent, server was very knowledgeable, sides were huge and several people could share them. The twice baked potato was enough for 4 of us to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in the worldFooddiva1VIPDined on 8/9/2014Gibsons Bar and Steakhouse is the best steakhouse in the world as far as I am concerned....and has the BEST burger ever. A Chicago landmark on Rush Street, I go every time I visit and I am never disappointed. Ask for the porch and Sheldon and watch the world go by... Awesome in every way!Special Features:
- Great Steak & ServiceSteakSeafoodFanDined on 8/8/2014I have brought family members and customers to Gibson locations for years. Always exceptional food and service. You can't go wrong with Gibsons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceFloeDined on 8/8/2014We had a great time, food was very good and the service was exeptionnal. Our waitress was older and very knowledgable, he was not pushy at all and his wine recommandation was perfect. We'll go back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakLuisDined on 8/8/2014This is the best steak in the Chicago area, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago gemJannieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Stil and seems always be the best restaurant on the best stree and best location in the best city in the eorldSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed Gibons, food was lovely and ambience was great:) Would definitely go again next time I'm in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotReb1084Dined on 8/7/2014Our server was wonderful, unfortunately I don't remember his name, but his presentation was spectacular! When I asked him about a wine he wasn't familiar with, he promptly found out from another server and reported back. The bone-in filet was delicious and the oscar topping was sinful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The girls best nightYouallcomebacknow1Dined on 8/7/2014I was there with friends and the restaurant had come with a good recommendation- we found it to be a true steak house with Sinatra music and great food and service-watching the outside sidewalk crowd was fun and the drinks were what you want a drink to be-would go backSpecial Features: