931 Harrisburg Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibraltargrille.com/
- Phone: 7173972790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carl Vitale
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us! More than anything else, food has the power to make or break your event. That’s why people turn to Lancaster's top restaurant. We excel at everything from elegant weddings and formal events, to business luncheons and holiday parties, to casual mixers and outdoor picnics. Our approach is simple…You tell us what you want, and we make it happen, so don’t leave your next event to chance.
- Private Party Facilities: Gibraltar offers a semi-private dining room with seating for up to 60 guests as well as seating for 160 for larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Ray Shaffer 7173972790x
- Entertainment: Be sure to check out AquaBar lounge for a great list of exquisitely prepared cocktails and a great selection of wines by-the-glass
A word from Gibraltar
New American, Mediterranean Influenced, Locally Inspired… Gibraltar delivers an extraordinary dining experience for any occasion or for no occasion at all. Offering smart, casual elegance in the relaxed manner reminiscent of a seaside Mediterranean resort, spacious, window-lined dining rooms and a beautiful garden patio provide the perfect setting. Boasting a near perfect ZAGAT food rating of (27/30 - ’10 Philly Survey) the cuisine at Gibraltar is as beautifully presented as it is delicious. Inspired by the seasons, utilizing the finest ingredients, at the peak of freshness, from the fertile PA Dutch Country and around the globe, line-caught, wild fish and shellfish flown in daily, prime beef, local organic poultry, lamb and fresh local produce, Chef Vitale and his staff create delicious and inspired dishes. A Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” winning wine list offers nearly 350 selections to further enhance your experience at Gibraltar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gibraltar - Best Restaurants in Lancaster ›
Gibraltar reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)fit for foodies (38)romantic (29)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Price/Value highOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The service was fantastic and the food was excellent! The prices though were high though for the food/experience.Special Features:
- Steady as a RockOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014We look forward to our dinner at Gibraltar as a highlight of visiting Long's Park Craft Show in Lancaster. With the weather being perfect, we dined outside. The specials for the evening being fig and prosciutto as appetizers and wonderful striped bass for dinner, there was no need for menus. After extended cocktails, we enjoyed a spectacular dinner and outstanding service from our server, Majid. We have been coming here for many years and never been disappointed. With plenty of free, easy parking, a beautiful dining room with caring waitstaff, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodCurleyGrey1Dined on 8/28/2014We were introduced to another Fantastic waitress on this visit; Vivi. She has a great personality, full of smiles, very attentive and made the evening very pleasant.Special Features:
- nice place but fair fooddq804Dined on 8/21/2014Gibraltar has a nice atmosphere and decor. The service was very attentive. I wish the food was better. It wasn't bad but it was just ok.
- zeeeVIPDined on 8/20/2014a gem in the midst of the usual Pennsylvania Dutch fare.Special Features:
- Great find in LancasterOpusgrandDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful place with fresh, well made food. Loved the oysters and tuna tartar! Service was very good from our waiter, Ossi. We will definitely return when we visit the area again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Brendan DoyleNotBrendanDoyleDined on 8/14/2014I am not Brendan Doyle. I am getting these emails by mistake. However, I'll review Lancaster, PA anyway since you asked. I have been Lancaster PA with the wife and I didn't like it. I found it to be too commercialized. However, we found the food to be delish. Very fresh.Special Features:
- Absolutely 5 StarsMJ777Dined on 8/9/2014Spectaclular food, great specials each night, world class chefs produce consistent excellence. Wonderful specialty cocktails and an outstanding wine list. Desserts are amazing, the best dessert menu I have ever encountered. Service is a model for the industry, friendly, professional and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Great experience!NewVenueDined on 8/9/2014First time dining outdoors at this restaurant with prompt and attentive service. Could not have asked for a more pleasant evening. Food, service and atmosphere all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Granddaughter's 8th BirthdayCurleyGrey1Dined on 8/1/2014What a great evening! My wife & I took our granddaughter to see Chef Carl perform his magic. She loves this restaurant and The Chef. She had a special meal which included some Sushi, which she loves. She has very high standards which will challenge any suitors she encounters as she gets older. We recommend this restaurant to anyone who will enjoy the pleasure of enjoying a great dinner without being rushed. Abby is an extraordinary server who will keep you smiling.Special Features:
- Good food @ Great Food Prices4businessVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great atmosphere and service but the food just a notch below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Fantastic! Head Chef Carl accommodated a special request for a menu item that used to be featured on the Gibraltar regular menu: Lamb Chops. They were done to perfection and really elevated the evening for my mother-in-law's birthday celebration. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Worth trying!AnastasiaVIPDined on 7/19/2014The menu isn't special. If you're looking to try something exotic, try elsewhere. If you're looking for standard favorites, with a few unexpected items, the menu is great. Food was fresh and delicious and the service was outstanding. Each course was served with impeccable timing, not rushed and no naps in between. Kelly was friendly and attentive but not hovering. I didn't like the tile flooring - looked like Denny's, but the overall ambiance and atmosphere was chic and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood in PA Dutch CountryDSP1Dined on 7/19/2014The ambience was quiet and subdued casual elegance and the staff was knowledgeable and attentive, but not obtrusive. The menu was primarily seafood and the food was excellent and presented very well. There were not any negative issues at all during our dinner. The cost for two will be about $100 including appetizers, entrees, dessert and a couple of drinks (much wine will increase the cost greatly depending on the choice). I heartily recommend Gibraltar for anyone who wants an elegant seafood dining experience in "meat and potato country" Lancaster County.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerCurleyGrey1Dined on 7/12/2014The new summer menu is in place. There are the all-time favorites and the new ones to make your choice a challenge. We can't recommend this restaurant too much!! It is a very congenial opportunity to enjoy GREAT food. CurlyGrey1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceready2eatDined on 7/10/2014We went here for our anniversary and were treated exceptionally well. The service and food was beyond our expectations. We were surprised by an extra starter on the house and our desert plates were decorated for our special day. Overall one of the best dining experiences we have had in a whileSpecial Features:
- Monday night delightFoodlover66Dined on 7/7/2014We had not eaten here before, and chose it from Open Table. It was difficult to find a restaurant open on monday evening in Lancaster, but this one was, and what a great find! The menu was excellent, and was predominately seafood. We had a wonderful wait person, Virginia, who was peppy, personable, and provided excellent service without hovering. We had mussels as an appetizer, and as Virginia promised, the broth was delicious. Then as entrees we had scallops and crab cakes. Everything was delicious. We chose to eat inside, but the outside patio looked lovely and was probably delightful.Special Features:
- ImprovedBmanDined on 7/5/2014Me & my wife had dinner at Gibraltar on July 5. The service was good and the food great. I sat in the exact booth as last year and I noted the booths had been redone. Our food was excellently prepared. I hope they expand their menu selections to offer more great tasting meals. I would encourage anyone to have a dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We celebrated our proposal by going here afterwards. We were treasured wonderfully and the food was out of this world. We will definitely be going back for more! If you are looking for an escape to luxury and perfection, try Gibraltar, you won't be disappointed. I am ecstatic knowing we have made this our special place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie plateGAR777Dined on 6/28/2014I asked for a plate of mixed vegetables (not on the menu) and the waiter said no problem and brought a wonderfully tasty plate. It was so go, I almost ordered a second one! Thanks Gibraltar!Special Features:
- Always OutstandingSatisfied2VIPDined on 6/27/2014When ever there is a need for excellent dining, we always pick Gibraltar, and are NEVER disappointed. The food, the service, and the ambiance are always the absolute best.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesIrinaDined on 6/25/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants, but I decided to try something different- and I did not like their arugula salad- was too much dressing on it, and it was soggy... The crab cakes and my hudband's filet mignon were pretty good though! Also, the dessert of chocolate and peanut butter cake was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentReginaVIPDined on 6/24/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for 15 years and have not had a bad meal yet. Their food is consistently good. I highly recommend for anyone who loves seafood. The restaurant specializes in seafood, but always have dishes for carnivores and vegetarians alike.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in area!!BritonVIPDined on 6/21/2014An all-around superlative dining experience. Perfectly-marinated fluke ceviche with a fine dice of bright-flavored salsa followed by nicely-textured gazpacho with a hint of heat leading to perfectly-cooked, creatively-crafted entries of salmon and snapper (w/wondrous sauce), artistically plated and served with cordially-knowledgeable old-world charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and ambienceFoodieforFunDined on 6/20/2014Excellent seafood restaurant with attentive and professional service. The mushroom soup appetizer was fantastic and loved the Citrus Fizz cocktail I would like to see a few more menu items that are not specific to fish like shrimp, lobster, etc They did have crab cakes but I was tentative about choosing since was not in an area known for them They could be great though Would like to see fish choices like sea bass and cod I selected halibut which was expertly prepared but not one of my favorite fish selections (not a fan of salmon or the red snapper special either) Definitely didn't want the whole. boned-in branzini from the Adriatic Still love this restaurant and have been numerous timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014No better place for a special occasion with always unusual and excellent menu choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time Travelpackers1VIPDined on 6/13/2014I had not been to Gibraltar in over a decade and was impressed from beginning to end. The waiter made the night and reminded me of wait-staff from an earlier era where it was their joy and not just a job. The food was excellent and my companion's birthday was both noted and she was made to feel special. I will be returning again soon.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningcfn1120Dined on 6/7/2014Dinner before a show. Took a 12 yr old and 85 yr old. All enjoyed the evening. Food was excellent. Drinks were fantastic too. Great selections. Had the tuna, crab cakes and scallops. Split the gnocchi too. Chicken fingers available for the child! Did not have time for dessert. Will definitely go back. Pricey but reasonable considering the food, drinks and atmosphere. Knew that going in! What a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parskiDined on 5/30/2014Great food, drinks & wine. Thanks for an outstanding night.Special Features:
- Great experienceDiningduoVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have not been to Gibraltar in a number of years, and we were very pleased with the evening. Our waiter was wonderful. The food... Heavenly. We will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayJCaptainDined on 5/11/2014I took my 97 year old Mom here for dinner. She isn't a big eater but I ordered the mussels for an appetizer and she said she would taste one. She ended up eating half of them. They were delicious. We both ordered crab cakes, which is on my hit list when I come to the east coast having grown up in Philadelphia. They were very good, and very crabby with little filler. My only ding is the ambiance is a bit sterile . They also have a water station where they were pouring in ice occasionally which I felt was distracting and little odd to have so close to the diners. But the food was very good and certainly I would return again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependablematrix251Dined on 5/11/2014Been here several times and have yet to have a bad experience. Food was very good as was the service.Special Features:
- Very good; but has been better.AnnieCatDined on 5/10/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years; usually a reliable pick in a town where restaurants come and go. We were sorry to see mussels AWOL from the menu (and no lamb??); so we went for a salad and tuna tartare. My Gibralter salad was perfect - crisp greens and a tasty vinaigrette with a little punch of strawberry that really worked. Husband said his tuna appetizer and Chilean sea bass were excellent as well; nicely plated with good looking veggies. The lobster fettucine - usually one of my favorites - just seemed a little flat and thin on the lobster. Disappointed. Gibralter has a well-deserved reputation of never missing a beat, but it may be time to look over its shoulder and see the competition sneaking up.
- Fabulous for fish!DenverdinerDined on 5/10/2014We love to go to this restaurant when we are in Lancaster. It is elegant, friendly, has sophisticated presentations on the menu and the food is always fresh and interesting.Special Features:
- Good FindPhillyfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Good food- we had salmon and chilean sea bass. Portions on the small size. Waitress was very nice, but also taking care of a lot of other large tables-could use more wait staff-she was trying hard. One miss-creme brulee was not worth the calories=no crunch on top, bland with a tropical flair that didn't work. The bathrooms are in a corridor outside the restaurant and could have used some attention to keeping them clean given the business of the restaurant-one soap dispenser and one paper towel dispenser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood in LancasterJerseyM0mDined on 5/9/2014My husband and I recently ate dinner here for our anniversary. We had tuna tartare and lobster ravioli for appetizers, and Lobster fettuccine and sea scallops for the entrees. We both ordered wine with the meal, a Mosel Valley Riesling and a Malbec. The wine list is divided into sections based on the quality of the wine so that it is easier to pair with your tastes or your meal. The wine, meal and service were spotless. For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake and the pineapple ginger creme brûlée. The brûlée was sublime and if it is on the menu when you go, and you like a good brûlée, you should order it. All in all, a wonderful meal on a very special occasion. I would recommend Gibraltar for a special night out for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 767 reviews are from the Gibraltar reviews archive.
- The BEST restaurant in LancasterCurleyGrey1Dined on 5/3/2014The new seasons menu has some exciting meals that are outstanding!! Definitely worth a special trip.Special Features:
- Absolutely Perfect EveningJCAH115Dined on 5/2/2014I had my first dining experience at Gibraltar, and I could not have been more impressed with the service. My girlfriend and I celebrate Valentine's Day on May 2nd (for historical reasons), and we both recognize the absurdity of that, but it's our own special evening. The food was outstanding and the waitress was wonderful in every way (and proved to be a very capable sommelier). What really left a lasting impression, however, was the dessert. Without requesting any special presentation, our dessert came out with a 'Happy Valentine's Day' message written in chocolate along the edge of the plate. This absolutely made our evening. It was such a small detail, but it made our special evening perfect, and we could not be more grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for 2HatterasmanDined on 4/26/2014Very good selection of appetizers and main course. Excellent wine and cocktails. The seat was a little too soft in the booth, but it was private and comfortable. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. My date said her filet was the best she ever had, she could cut it with her fork! I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant, the entire staff was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodperryDined on 4/26/2014We were extremely pleased with the food and service at Gibraltar. The server was excellent, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. The seafood entrees were beautifully presented, delicious and delivered to us hot. We will return often.Special Features: