4 Grove Isle Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.groveisle.com/dining.html
- Phone: 3058604375x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:30pm -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ted Mendez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gibraltar can accommodate private parties from 20 - 400 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Gibraltar can accommodate large groups up to 30 people in a semi-private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Pege Darnell 3058604375x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour: 5pm -7pm Mon thru Thurs in the Restaurant Bar.
A word from Gibraltar
Beyond the hustle and bustle of South Beach Gibraltar offers a lavish setting with gorgeous Biscayne Bay views that are punctuated by the glittering Miami skyline. Gibraltar’s setting alone is enough to knock your socks off, with seating either inside the intimate and elegant dining room or on the outdoor terrace, adorned with gauzy curtains and candlelight. Of course, the ambiance sets the mood, but Gibraltar’s crowning feature is its cuisine. Executive Chef Gerd Richter adds his signature style to each entrée by utilizing the best of local seafood and produce that complements the seasons. Whether enjoying a Lavish Dinner to “Popping the Big Question”, Gibraltar is the perfect location, providing intimate, four-star dining experiences with remarkable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gibraltar - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Gibraltar reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (48)great for outdoor dining (43)romantic (42)special occasion (39)notable wine list (11)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014We went for early dinner on a Sunday, my wife, daughter and I. Found the references at OT. There some warnings about the temperature outside so I reserved for inside. Once there it was no brainer, outside is the place to be, whenever it's not too hot as it was. View is fantastic, the Bayshore from Grove Key. Very honest food. We selected the Miami Spice menu which was very decent. Prices a little but in the high side but it was well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceDiegoDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife for her birthday and we're super impressed with the whole experience. The food was amazing, my wife tried the mahi, and I had the best ribeye I have ever eaten. That says a lot because I'm 37 and I've tried a lot do steak over the years. Worth every penny, I'll definitely will return! :)Special Features:
- Great place, poor serviceViokaVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner with st Gibraltar last weekend. They have a very good Miami Spice menu. The location in Grove Isle affords an awesome view and they have very romantic outdoor seating. Too bad the service was not that good. 😒Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I attended the Miami spice. Veal was overcooked, probably precooked They did comp the dinner. View was gorgeous and waitress was very apologeticSpecial Features:
- Perfection!Family14Dined on 8/22/2014This place was amazing! The view is beautiful, the service impeccable, the food delicious!! Will certainly return!! A bit pricey but perfect for a special occasion! Very romantic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewJCJCDined on 8/22/2014The place is beautiful with an ocean side view that was spectacular. We had the Miami Spice menu and really enjoyed it all. The drinks were awesome, the appetizers were incredible and the main courses were great and even the desserts were memorable. The tab included 20% gratuity which was odd for a bill for two but it did merit the 20% because all was wonderful. They have valet parking and you can walk the grounds or sit by the fire pits by the water and very scenic - bring your cameras!!!Special Features:
- Food was good, but....JutziVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a reservation. When we got there the hostess told us the inside had been reserved and only outside dining was open. It was 94 degrees. Before I said a word, she said, "we notified you!". When I told her that did not happen, she repeated adamantly in a "Moose out front shoulda told you" tone that we had been called. Our waiter insisted on taking our order immediately to beat the order of the party inside, and promised he could still space our courses out. No.....apps, salad and entrees came on top of each other. We ran out of water several times. Did I mention 94 degrees? Paid waaaay too much for this experience. View was beautiful.
- Scenic view and quietRay78Dined on 8/20/2014Light breeze and a perfect scenic view created that perfect evening. The food was a bit on the light side, but good. The catch of the day was excellent! But the 20% service charge caught me by surprise ... maybe it is related to the island location? I've never seen this before.Special Features:
- decent date spotFoodieCoach0318Dined on 8/20/2014Outside of being a decent date spot, the place is a bit overrated (as some of the Yelp reviews suggested). Great ambiance & food was ok (a little salty & certainly nothing to write home about). There are plenty of restaurants that are making a name for themselves in the Miami area that outperform this restaurant on just about every level, & at a fraction of the price. The "cherry on top" for me was the automatically included 20% tip. Don't get me wrong, having worked in the industry myself, I wholeheartedly understand the reasoning behind it. Typically, I'll tip 20+, if it's warranted. However, there was no way that the server earned any real respectable tip. Normally, I would've brought this to the manager's attention, but I let it go.Special Features:
- A hidden treasure !!JoeGDined on 8/17/2014The best place for a date. The ambience is awesome and the service is great. Menu is very good and the food is ok. My mahi was very good cook, tender but kind of flavorless. The creole cash of the day was delicious. they need a signature cocktel menu to enchance the experience. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME PLACEMarkDined on 8/17/2014Came here for dinner with my lady on our last night in Miami and thought it was great! We loved the view, dinner was great, service was awesome. We came during Miami Spice and it wasnt packed at all. Our server Jose was very informative on the wine selection and suggestions on the menu, overall great experience here and would come back.Special Features:
- Great findExperimentingfoodieDined on 8/13/2014Great find through Miami Spice and worth the experience at the price-would consider a getaway to the hotel and spa. Not sure I could validate the regular prices on the menu, but the location and view are priceless!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful evening at Gibralter celebrating two birthdays. The setting was lovely, overlooking Biscayne Bay, and the dinner was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect dining experience. The cookie dessert for two was outstanding and the presentaion of each course was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ViewttumaDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is a little gem. Food, service and ambiance is great, but the noise level is too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovelyRegularCutomerVIPDined on 8/5/2014took my client there for dinner there. very cute place. client was pleased by the surroundings. my husband claimed that he saw Mr.305 while we were there.Special Features:
- outstanding serviceLILIANAVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent custmer service. Kevin, Misael and Alfonso are the best of the best!!!! Will be back over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food and nice view overlooking biscayne bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!AVM12Dined on 7/19/2014Great food. Excellent service. Beautiful place. You feel like you're on vacation. Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionjuly19Dined on 7/19/2014I was pleasantly surprised that my request for outdoor seating was actually fulfilled. The service was outstanding and the servers were very attentive to our needs. It was a perfect nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance with a viewEli08Dined on 7/11/2014I was so pleased to have chosen Gibraltar for my special occasion! The table outside near the ocean had the best view plus a candlelight dinner which was delicious. Our waiter Misael had great tips regarding dinner, and was very efficient. Overall the best experience I've had by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View is very niceNataliaDined on 7/6/2014Never get back for the brunch. For $20 more you can have a high quality brunch. Food it's ok, but not for this price. The view and the atmosphere are very nice. Not coming back here.Special Features:
- Nice LocationDaveDined on 7/5/2014Went to Gibraltar's in Coconut Grove Saturday night. Came across this place under "Best restaurants in Coconut Grove web search". The restaurant is in a great location over looking the bay. The inside of the restaurant reminded me of a dining hall, little ambiance at all. Disappointing! Very bare inside. The view however is very good outside.... Food was very good!! We had the Piaya special and it was wonderful. GiGi our waitress was very good and very helpful. The service staff however seemed like they were new. No rhythm in timing for service?? So in closing, food is very good, service ok, ambiance inside not good.Special Features:
- AwesomeELMARCEDined on 6/28/2014This place is very nice. Great food. Food has a bit of kick to it but just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Excelent view!!!! Great meal!! a very romantic placeSpecial Features:
- Disappointed brunch at Father's DaoutdoorVIPDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was nothing like the brunch menu I read online. Very disappointed . Food appearance and setup wasn't very appealing .Special Features:
- Great RestaurantRaymondDined on 6/14/2014Wonderfully prepared and presented food, great service and a beautiful view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCindyDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is tucked away in the Grove and offers a beautiful view along with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRoncatoDined on 6/8/2014Nice atmosphere with a beautiful view. Good songs selection. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValerioDined on 5/29/2014Went On a Thursday wasn't a lot of people there, it was quiet accommodations were one-of-a-kind service top of my list food cook to my perfection overall I loved it wife loved it we had a great nightSpecial Features:
- AdrianVIPDined on 5/24/2014Prices are so high for this kind of food. A 20% tip is included in your check but the service is really poor. They should have to review this policy because it is not fair discuss the service charge when you receive the check and you are with your friends.....Special Features:
- muy romanticoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014el lugar es super acojedor y precioso ,se los recomiendo pa todas las parejas q quieran reconquistarseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningBegenerousDined on 5/20/2014We were in Miami in low season and it was easy to get a table right at the water' edge on a little wooden platform within a garden setting- perfect. The food could have been anything and we would have enjoyed it! But the food was excellent, beautifully presented and the kitchen/ waiter worked with me to create an excellent vegetarian/ gluten free option. The waiter was attentive and friendly without being invasive. Only caution-we had to wait for 40 minutes for a taxi and a group in front of us had already been waiting an hour. We ended up sharing a taxi when it finally showed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Romantic ambiance, food, and excellent service. Would definitely comeback and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experiencemymdDined on 5/10/2014I just proposed while having a relaxing dinner by the sea at Gibraltar. It was a great experience. I have not words to describe how helpful everyone was there. Jose was fun to interact with and extremely courteous serving. The food was also delicious. The live music and scenic view was a 10/10. I really appreciate the consideration by the management of this restaurant as I had a few unique requests. Would recommend this place... and happy she said: "yes" ;)Special Features:
- Great dining!JorgeDined on 5/10/2014Great ambience, excellent quality of foods, incredible views, attention was excellent, a very romantic place. Definitely, we will come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super RomanticAliciaJorgeDined on 5/10/2014I was quite nervous as this was the night and the place that I chose to ask my girlfriend to marry me. The staff was super accommodating. The waiter was great. He suggested a great bottle of wine that was reasonable ($70) and yet exquisite. The outdoor sitting overlooking the bay was magnificent. I would highly recommend this place for any couple.Special Features:
- The following 571 reviews are from the Gibraltar reviews archive.
- couldn't have been happierOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Just what I was looking for, Wanted a nice, quiet, romantic setting to celebrate my girls bday and I have to say I couldn't have been happier, my only complaint is that it was too hot to sit outside, which was fine because they have a nice dinning room with floor to ceiling windows , I have been working in restaurants for over 15 years and this place is at the top of my list, real nice without being too fancy or stuffy , excellent ambiance , great food. expect to spend a little bit but you will be happy! I know we were.Special Features:
- Great view...mediocre foodgoodfoodfanDined on 4/27/2014Been going to this property since it was Baleen's, The atmosphere/view is priceless...it needs to be because the food was very mediocre. The salad bar was adequate, though the selection of breads was stale and soggy and felt like it was 2 days old from Publix. The carving station had skirt steak which was decent, and some very fatty pork, with more fat than meat. The chicken was very dried out at the hot food station. The shrimp cocktail was good but the bagels and lox very mediocre. The desserts were good tho the selection was limited. The view as always was great as was the service...and the Mimosas were never empty and plentiful. In summary, spend the $50 at Gibraltar just for the view and drinks, but go to IHOP first for better food.Special Features:
- Way OverpricedthisIsMyBodyVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food was just so-so but the prices were high. On top of that, they tacked on a 20% tip to the bill. The outside table we got by the water was totally dark. I had to use my cell phone to see my food. The steak was too peppery and full of fat. Very little meat on it. There was a very loud band playing (a private party, perhaps) This is my last visit to this restaurant.
- Disappointing Brunchmcfadden295VIPDined on 4/20/2014I have been here for dinner before and thought the quality of Easter brunch would be comparable. I was mistaken. Although there were a few good choices the majority of the seafood was not fresh. Even the color of the fish was dark (old). The oysters were also old. I was so looking forward to some good oysters. I saw that they had Alaskan King crab and couldn't wait to try them. They ran out before I had the chance. Never again will I go here for brunch. Makes me wonder if the quality of dinner has gone down hill. Haven't been here in a couple of years.Special Features: