4 Grove Isle Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.groveisle.com/dining.html
- Phone: (305) 860-4375
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:30pm -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ted Mendez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gibraltar can accommodate private parties from 20 - 400 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Gibraltar can accommodate large groups up to 30 people in a semi-private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Pege Darnell 3058604375x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour: 5pm -7pm Mon thru Thurs in the Restaurant Bar.
A word from Gibraltar
Beyond the hustle and bustle of South Beach Gibraltar offers a lavish setting with gorgeous Biscayne Bay views that are punctuated by the glittering Miami skyline. Gibraltar’s setting alone is enough to knock your socks off, with seating either inside the intimate and elegant dining room or on the outdoor terrace, adorned with gauzy curtains and candlelight. Of course, the ambiance sets the mood, but Gibraltar’s crowning feature is its cuisine. Executive Chef Gerd Richter adds his signature style to each entrée by utilizing the best of local seafood and produce that complements the seasons. Whether enjoying a Lavish Dinner to “Popping the Big Question”, Gibraltar is the perfect location, providing intimate, four-star dining experiences with remarkable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gibraltar - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Gibraltar reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (60)romantic (56)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (52)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (16)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- BirthdayOHKODined on 2/13/2014I celebrated my birthday at Gibraltar. Outstanding view and outstanding food. A evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!!!WmichelleDined on 2/13/2014We arrive at 2:45pm, they close at 3pm... The manager very attentive give us the best table with amazing view. The food was good... Very good wine list!!! Was a very nice time in Gibraltar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some food issues.BrucieDined on 2/13/2014The view is great, and service was good. My dinner was fine, but my wife's was a seafood special and was badly overcooked - tough! After complaining, was brought a piece of salmon - it wasn't too good either, but by that time we just finished and left.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantJoshDined on 2/5/2014Simply an amazing restaurant with exquisitely prepared food, a professional and courteous staff, and unmatched skyline and ocean views. Great island to walk around after dinner and desert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view.One of theCE49VIPDined on 1/20/2014Beautiful view.One of the best in Miami. It is a fine. A must visit to those from out of town. Quiet, great food and beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb attention from bothOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2014Superb attention from both the host (Jennifer) and our waitress (Yaice). Would recommend the restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Bad ExperienceShockedVIPDined on 1/7/2014We arrived on a chilly evening to this hotel restaurant which appeared to be upscale however greeted by two very young hostesses wearing hoodies. After being seated we had to ask for drinks. I need to add the restaurant was almost empty. We finally got one and ordered an app. The waiter took our dinner order of a whole chicken to share. We got a half chicken and he placed it in front of me. We looked at each other in total confusion. After several minutes my husband snagged another waiter who said it was a whole chicken however we've never seen one without legs and wings! And, why was it placed in front of me?? We asked for the manager who actually laughed and didn't offer a solution. Well we did; we walked out and will never return.
- Very special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/3/2014The food was delicious - jumbo shrimp with pasta and the steak with vegetables were perfectly prepared and presented. Sit outside overlooking the bay. Don't forget dessert, the brownie banana sundae is amazing! Then sit by the fire pit with an after dinner drink for the perfect evening. It surpassed my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedluve2eatDined on 12/29/2013The localization of the restaurant was the only positive experience we had. The food is overpriced, the two red "house wine" glasses were not even moderately priced. The portions served were small and the service was poor (even though the waitress was friendly and knowledgable). It was a big dissapointment. Will never go back.
- Found this restaurant on theOnthetownDined on 12/28/2013Found this restaurant on the Miami Spice website. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was good, but very pricey for what was served. The wait staff was friendly, but slow in recognizing out needs. For example. we ordered dessert and coffee and had the dessert served in just a couple of minutes and then had to wait more than 5 minutes for the coffee. I am glad we tried it, but probably won't be back.
- Amazing View, great serviceJoseadanVIPDined on 12/22/2013This restaurant is a must if you want to enjoy a relaxed meal with a great view. No wonder it shows up as one of the most recommended. I took my three children (teens to young a adult) and we had a wonderful brunch. The waiter was very professional and friendly. Thank you for a great afternoon. We will be back.Special Features:
- AWESOMEjessyrayDined on 12/14/2013Very very nice place. My boyfriend and I absolutely loved it!! Everything was perfect including our waitress Britney. Place is super romantic! live guitar player, very good btw. Service was splendid! No complaints at all!Special Features:
- Relatively new chef and newOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/14/2013Relatively new chef and new menu. All four of us liked our food very much. Menu divided into appetizers, small plates and larger plates, with plenty of varied dishes to choose from. My salmon was perfectly cooked. The salads were very tasty. And the view of Biscayne Bay was extraordinarily beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurantchrisvVIPDined on 12/2/2013We were seated at our own private table on a terrace overlooking the water; The service was great and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceTitiwDined on 11/23/2013The food was pretty good. Nothing over the top ,but overall it was good.The server vas very nice. Although I wish he would have remember certain details more. We were celebrating a bday and I told him I wish to sing happy birthday at the end of dinner.I believe he forgot until the end that we were talking about it and I guess it reminded him that we were there for a special occasion.He was nice though. The view seemed more pretty on picture than in the actual place. It has a nice view but not as I expected. Overall I had a good time. Would I go back? Maybe not. I didn't have a bad experience, but it's not one of those restaurants that leaves me wanting more!Special Features:
- BrunchFoodie714Dined on 11/10/2013My friend and I went to the Sunday brunch.. The food was good and a huge spread. The view was incredible but the experience was ruined by the horrible service.. I will not going back due the bad serviceSpecial Features:
- Over priceAdamDined on 11/5/2013We were the only customer there for lunch. The waiter didn't speak English well, I guess I should've expected that being in Miami. The food was ok and certainly over price. To top it all, they charged $8 for valet on a weekday lunch which I found outrageous. Only the view was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceERICKMONEYDined on 10/26/2013Excellent staff, first class. Drove all the way from Broward left rewardedSpecial Features:
- Great view, Bad foodPatriotsgrl2187Dined on 10/20/2013The view is great, the place is nice. Very quiet and pleasant but the food was horrible.Special Features:
- A must add to your list.PJJSDined on 10/5/2013This is a great all around dining expearience.....I had a good group of people with me and everyone loved it. I only have one negative comment and it's on the parking costs. Since I invited everyone, I felt obligated to cover all the parking which to me was excessive. PhilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent ViewDiner6Dined on 10/5/2013Great views and a beautiful restaurant both inside and out. Food was good and displayed very well. My only complaint would be that the service was very slow.Special Features:
- A hit and a missExplorer64VIPDined on 10/4/2013Location on the water is excellent and worth the trip, but must sit outside and ideally on closest lower level to the water. Food was well prepared and not overly large portions and was Mediterranean influenced. Best things we had included meze starter and fish was generally cooked spot on. Annoyances included: loud guitar player on the evening (ruined an otherwise great ambince), dog sitting with young family and $8 parking fee from hotel. These are all correctable and should be, for restaurant is in great location and we would have on our list to return to in the future.mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2013I have been to a lot of restaurants and this by far is one my favorite. Foor was amazing, scenery was amazing, service was amazing, over it was amazing. Would definitely recommend it for any occasion! We went during Miami spice and I would go back not on a Miami spice.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MrsBroadus1531Dined on 9/24/2013My husband and I were in Miami for our honeymoon and stayed at the grove isle hotel and spa, the resturant was attached to the hotel, we had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Great Gem!FoodGuyDined on 9/22/2013Amazing views, great service and wonderful wine and food. Very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMT3BrownDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I didn't know what to expect when we arrived at Gibraltar but we were BLOWN away. We were given a table that literally overlooked the marina. The sky was so clear and the water so calm it was like being on our own little island for 2 hours. The service was superior and the food was very good. It is a bit pricey, but I would highly recommend for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was AWFUL - theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2013The service was AWFUL - the place was EMPTY - they have a guy with a guitar and a TERRIBLE LOUD voice. WILL NOT BE BACK!!
- Made an impression !!Laz1Dined on 9/14/2013Great views and excellent food...... I will definitely return with friends.Special Features:
- Romance SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2013Perfect environment for that special date. Outdoor tables looking over the water while tiki torch caste just the right light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2013Dinner was excellent! We went during the week for my boyfriend's birthday. Unfortunately, we were unable to be seated outside due to the weather, so we were seated inside. Within a few minutes however, the waiter moved us to a window seat that became available. It was not crowded as it was a weekday. Carlos, our waiter, was exceptional. Very jovial and polite. He made us feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- superbLEO40Dined on 9/1/2013really like this restaurant , staff was excellent , food was delicious , they won't rush you at all between plates , nice view of the waterways .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013Disappointed overall. Music was very good but too loud. Very few people there but they were very loud and inconsiderate. Probably would not returnSpecial Features:
- terriblelaurenVIPDined on 8/29/2013From the food to the service everything was terrible. I would never come back to this restaurant again.
- very nice setting but verymrsrrbDined on 8/25/2013very nice setting but very expensive especially for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewlmartDined on 8/19/2013Hard to believe but it is Almost impossible to go to a Restaurant in Miami that is by the water. The view in Gibraltar is soothing And so pleasant. The food is ok, I wasn't particularly impressed. I would go back for the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic BirthdayWrogers1914Dined on 8/13/2013My wife and I have known each other since 1997, we've been together since 2007, so I was looking for something new, a change of scenery, and Gibraltar was the perfect place. I found the place on the MiamiSpice website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place!!!!MigonzDined on 8/10/2013Celebrated our anniversary there! It was beautiful, and the good and service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!DardenneGalDined on 8/8/2013I can't say enough about our wonderful anniversary dinner at Gibraltar. The food was fantastic and our server did an excellent job. If the weather is nice sit outside. If not, the indoor tables near the windows offer beautiful views. If you have a special occasion to celebrate or just want a memorable dinner out with friends you should try Gibraltar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but over ratedLive4FineDiningDined on 8/4/2013Sunday brunch is nice, but rather expensive. It's all about the view if it's a pretty day. Valet parking is $12 in addition to a $55 brunch plus 20% fixed gratuity. Service was sporadic.Special Features:
- Special DiningchamuelmusicDined on 8/3/2013I love the ambiance of the place. the candle lights, quiet, the water view and the treatment from everybody. The food has a very special touch and taste, I liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.