4 Grove Isle Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.groveisle.com/dining.html
- Phone: (305) 860-4375
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:30pm -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ted Mendez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gibraltar can accommodate private parties from 20 - 400 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Gibraltar can accommodate large groups up to 30 people in a semi-private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Pege Darnell 3058604375x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour: 5pm -7pm Mon thru Thurs in the Restaurant Bar.
A word from Gibraltar
Beyond the hustle and bustle of South Beach Gibraltar offers a lavish setting with gorgeous Biscayne Bay views that are punctuated by the glittering Miami skyline. Gibraltar’s setting alone is enough to knock your socks off, with seating either inside the intimate and elegant dining room or on the outdoor terrace, adorned with gauzy curtains and candlelight. Of course, the ambiance sets the mood, but Gibraltar’s crowning feature is its cuisine. Executive Chef Gerd Richter adds his signature style to each entrée by utilizing the best of local seafood and produce that complements the seasons. Whether enjoying a Lavish Dinner to “Popping the Big Question”, Gibraltar is the perfect location, providing intimate, four-star dining experiences with remarkable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gibraltar - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Gibraltar reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- ExcelentAlbertoGroveIsleDined on 11/5/2014Gibraltar is one of the few places that you can enjoy the overall food, wine, service and view, great experienceSpecial Features:
- 1 of the Best scenic view in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Gibraltar is an amazing restaurant with great service!!! The view is notable, and the setting is just remarkable! I will come again here for sure on my next visit to Miami, even more if it is for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience!!!EDV77Dined on 11/2/2014Good food, good atmosphere, great service & interesting location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed the great view sitting in the patio, food was very good and the menu offered many options. Service on that particular Saturday was a little slow and disorganize. Great complement to the guitar player/singer. My only disappointment was that about 20 minutes after we left I got a call from the manager claiming that I have not paid my bill and he was going to report it immediately, his voice was not friendly at all. 10 minutes later a second call, this time, our server apologizing for the first call, confusion at the register I guess, of course it was paid!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LILIANAVIPDined on 10/20/2014GREAT SERVICE BY THE WAITRESS LUIS AND JIMMY. EXCELLENT SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE BAR TENDER JP.Special Features:
- l love this placeRobertVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fab like always what a view great service there not thing that Terry won't do for you to make you feel special. Ask for a bay view table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceNicePlaceBadTimeDined on 10/18/2014Reservation was made 1 week prior to date attended specifically asking for outdoor seating, yet was told outdoor seating was first come first serve upon arrival. We waited sitting by the ocean front fire pit only to realize the restaurant has done nothing to solve their mosquito problem. We opted to sit on the upper patio versus the water hoping it would be better, however, no such luck. Coupled with mosquitoes was a wobbly table and awkward service making for a sub par night at a supposedly famous outdoor dining restaurant. We were finally inside where we felt ultimately forgotten due to slow service. Towards the end of dinner the staff must have not realized patrons were inside as they decided to blast the football game to our annoyance.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Could work on the music though. There were moments when there was upbeat electronic music. Didn't match too well with the romantic setting and great viewSpecial Features:
- overall great experienceRFdinnerDined on 10/8/2014Great scenery with very good food an overall great experience except They should focus on improving their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceDineandwineDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I went for a nice, romantic dinner. The ambience was great, we had a table by the water. I was surprised by the limited menu and the fact their salmon was farm raised. Not what I expect in a fancy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!anniemDined on 10/5/2014We went for brunch and we were impressed! From the scenery, to the service, everything was perfect. The food choices were excellent and very good quality .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it variesCamachoDined on 10/1/2014There was one other couple in the entire restaurant. Even with that said, the service was pretty terrible. The chef, cooks and 3 other servers taking care of the other table while ours had to come back and forth 5 times before finally bringing the wine. I don't know how she can even manage 5 tables if she couldn't do ONE! Anyways, the food took exactly an hour and 20 minutes to finally get here. oh, and I forgot to mention it, no hostess. We stood there for NINE minutes and mind you, there was only one other couple in the entire restaurant? Finally the server asked if we want to sit.!?! Yea sure, I'll still recommend it. The food was great, but I won't be back. Check your bill as well, they added $18 after I signed for $172.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bay view for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I had request outside dinning facing the Bay and it was confirmed. Upon my arrival the host was not available but was sat by a waiter who informed me that those tables where on a first come bases and that of I wanted one I had to wait 30 minutes. They sat me somewhere else, later I heard other couples requesting to sit by the bay. Still they had 3 tables empty and they told them that they were reserved and they were not available. I didn't get it... why those table where not be in not being offer when that's one of the reason I was sold to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticodiazDined on 9/27/2014Muy buen sitio, romántico, gran vista, ambiente expecional, la comida es de buena calidad. buena experienciaSpecial Features:
- Great!HACUDined on 9/26/2014Great Food! Nice view, very good wine, very good with Miami Spice, romantic place specially outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpicespicemanDined on 9/25/2014Overall good experience Feels a little strange to dine there as it is secluded and gloomy Staff were attentive Food just ok
- Great!JimmieDined on 9/21/2014As usual, the food and service were outstanding. I highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Good restaurant with wonderful views of the bay. Beautiful setting. The food was OK, but very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special place....RobSanDined on 9/13/2014I was there for my wife birthday and everything goes perfect. GREAT and fast service, delicious food and very romantic place. Even the manager give my wife a flower and they really made my wife birthday a special one, thanks. I highly recommend the outdoor small tables right in front of the water...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinerMikeDined on 9/12/2014We went to Gibraltar and dine on the Miami Spice menu. Everything was delicious. I was a little worried after reading other reviews complaining about the service, but I don't have any complains. Yes, it is true that they charge a 20% tip automatically, but think the service was fine and I see no issue paying for it. You'll get like 3 different guys serving your table, so it's ok. We sat all the way out by the water, and we had not issue getting our drinks refilled, which is another complain I read. Bottom line, if you want to try a different place here in Miami, give this try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food, beautiful settingJackiekgDined on 9/11/2014Beautiful view, excellent quality food. Very accommodating with requests.Special Features:
- Orlando gilOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Great place for anything lunch, dinner, or drinks. Rusty pelican alikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but review the bill!foodforfunDined on 9/2/2014Good food flavor and presentation. However 20% service is automatically added to bill. I believe 20% merits exceptional service, which we did not get for the following reasons: 1. We ordered wine to be brought with the main meal and it did not arrive. I had to ask for the wine after I had eaten almost half of the entrée. The wine that I ordered was not available, so I had to order another wine (the waitress should have let me know that the wine was not available earlier in the meal so I could have chosen earlier). 2. I had to ask for a water refill (my glass was empty for about 15 minutes). 3. I explained the above issues to the waitress and that I would pay 15%. The new bill stated "15% service", but the math showed 18% was added!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseLolyDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I loved it. The food was delicious. We had the Miami spice lunch menu and had no complaints at all. The view was beautiful and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placebertgroveDined on 8/24/2014We went for early dinner on a Sunday, my wife, daughter and I. Found the references at OT. There some warnings about the temperature outside so I reserved for inside. Once there it was no brainer, outside is the place to be, whenever it's not too hot as it was. View is fantastic, the Bayshore from Grove Key. Very honest food. We selected the Miami Spice menu which was very decent. Prices a little but in the high side but it was well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceDiegoDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife for her birthday and we're super impressed with the whole experience. The food was amazing, my wife tried the mahi, and I had the best ribeye I have ever eaten. That says a lot because I'm 37 and I've tried a lot do steak over the years. Worth every penny, I'll definitely will return! :)Special Features:
- Great place, poor serviceViokaVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner with st Gibraltar last weekend. They have a very good Miami Spice menu. The location in Grove Isle affords an awesome view and they have very romantic outdoor seating. Too bad the service was not that good. 😒Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I attended the Miami spice. Veal was overcooked, probably precooked They did comp the dinner. View was gorgeous and waitress was very apologeticSpecial Features:
- Perfection!Family14Dined on 8/22/2014This place was amazing! The view is beautiful, the service impeccable, the food delicious!! Will certainly return!! A bit pricey but perfect for a special occasion! Very romantic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewJCJCDined on 8/22/2014The place is beautiful with an ocean side view that was spectacular. We had the Miami Spice menu and really enjoyed it all. The drinks were awesome, the appetizers were incredible and the main courses were great and even the desserts were memorable. The tab included 20% gratuity which was odd for a bill for two but it did merit the 20% because all was wonderful. They have valet parking and you can walk the grounds or sit by the fire pits by the water and very scenic - bring your cameras!!!Special Features:
- Food was good, but....JutziVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a reservation. When we got there the hostess told us the inside had been reserved and only outside dining was open. It was 94 degrees. Before I said a word, she said, "we notified you!". When I told her that did not happen, she repeated adamantly in a "Moose out front shoulda told you" tone that we had been called. Our waiter insisted on taking our order immediately to beat the order of the party inside, and promised he could still space our courses out. No.....apps, salad and entrees came on top of each other. We ran out of water several times. Did I mention 94 degrees? Paid waaaay too much for this experience. View was beautiful.
- Scenic view and quietRay78Dined on 8/20/2014Light breeze and a perfect scenic view created that perfect evening. The food was a bit on the light side, but good. The catch of the day was excellent! But the 20% service charge caught me by surprise ... maybe it is related to the island location? I've never seen this before.Special Features:
- decent date spotFoodieCoach0318Dined on 8/20/2014Outside of being a decent date spot, the place is a bit overrated (as some of the Yelp reviews suggested). Great ambiance & food was ok (a little salty & certainly nothing to write home about). There are plenty of restaurants that are making a name for themselves in the Miami area that outperform this restaurant on just about every level, & at a fraction of the price. The "cherry on top" for me was the automatically included 20% tip. Don't get me wrong, having worked in the industry myself, I wholeheartedly understand the reasoning behind it. Typically, I'll tip 20+, if it's warranted. However, there was no way that the server earned any real respectable tip. Normally, I would've brought this to the manager's attention, but I let it go.Special Features:
- A hidden treasure !!JoeGDined on 8/17/2014The best place for a date. The ambience is awesome and the service is great. Menu is very good and the food is ok. My mahi was very good cook, tender but kind of flavorless. The creole cash of the day was delicious. they need a signature cocktel menu to enchance the experience. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME PLACEMarkDined on 8/17/2014Came here for dinner with my lady on our last night in Miami and thought it was great! We loved the view, dinner was great, service was awesome. We came during Miami Spice and it wasnt packed at all. Our server Jose was very informative on the wine selection and suggestions on the menu, overall great experience here and would come back.Special Features:
- Great findExperimentingfoodieDined on 8/13/2014Great find through Miami Spice and worth the experience at the price-would consider a getaway to the hotel and spa. Not sure I could validate the regular prices on the menu, but the location and view are priceless!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful evening at Gibralter celebrating two birthdays. The setting was lovely, overlooking Biscayne Bay, and the dinner was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect dining experience. The cookie dessert for two was outstanding and the presentaion of each course was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ViewttumaDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is a little gem. Food, service and ambiance is great, but the noise level is too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovelyRegularCutomerVIPDined on 8/5/2014took my client there for dinner there. very cute place. client was pleased by the surroundings. my husband claimed that he saw Mr.305 while we were there.Special Features:
- outstanding serviceLILIANAVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent custmer service. Kevin, Misael and Alfonso are the best of the best!!!! Will be back over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.