1 Parkway East
Greenville, SC 29615Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.giatu.com/
- Phone: 8646791158
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30AM - 11:00AM Saturday & Sunday: 7:00AM - 11:00AM Brunch: Sunday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM Lunch: Monday - Saturday:11:00AM - 2:00PM Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Malcolm Garrison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please let us assist you with your catering needs! All catering inquiries please contact David Owen by email at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several different private dining rooms each with their own unique ambiance. We have rooms designed for parties of ALL sizes! For planning events of parties over 15 people please contact at least 24 hours in advance.
- Private Party Contact: David Owen 8646791158
A word from Giatu
Giatu brings new enthusiasm to dining. Our retro-contemporary atmosphere, fine food and attentive staff will ensure your visit is a rewarding one. Our dining experience is unique to the Greenville area; come for drinks or dinner and see for yourself! We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giatu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Difficult to find as it isMayferdVIPDined on 4/17/2013Difficult to find as it is part of a hotel, which is not mentioned in the description. Place was empty on a Friday night. Not recommended unless you like hotel food.
- No way!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Not worth the money for Easter brunch. Made a reservation and they didn't have me down.
- Despite arriving 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Despite arriving 15 minutes before closing, they were gracious to seat us and keep the kitchen open to serve us.
- An Unexpected FindBillDined on 2/2/2013We went based on a review that called it a "surprise", and we fully agree. Although located in a hotel, the food was excellent - the Spicy Shrimp appetizer was just that, and the steaks done to perfection. Service was attentive and friendly, and the cost was quite reasonable. We will go again.Special Features:
- Don't let the location foolOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Don't let the location fool you. Despite being nestled in a large hotel (and near the lobby), the food was great, the staff was kind and our waiter was attentive, but not overbearing. We'll definitely go back again....perhaps for brunch next time!Special Features:
- Great food in a surprising locatio.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2012This was a great find. I would never have guessed a hotel restaurant could compete with some of the other great restaurants in Greenville. I had a perfectly cooked filet. My husband and daughter both had fish which was perfect for them. My daughter had a really unique salad with a gelled balsamic on watermelon and this frozen tomato granita. It was amazing! The atmosphere reminded me a little of Alice in wonderland but somewhat cozy at the same time.Special Features:
- They were out of what I wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2012They were out of what I wanted to order, but what I ended up getting was quite good.Special Features:
- There was a very loud personGolfGirl917Dined on 8/23/2012There was a very loud person at the bar that almost sounded like she yelling across the room. She was loud enough that we could hear her conversation from across the restaurant. And the air conditioning made it positively uncomfortable to linger. It was freezing!Special Features:
- Exotic Decor and Top-Notch ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Our server, Ryan, was one of the best waiters I have ever had. He was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. He was able to answer all our questions and made some great suggestions for entrees and desserts. He made us feel welcome and special. And the food was fabulous! Fresh and not the run-of-the-mill offerings. Decor is exotic and fun. Don't let the "off the main drag" location stop you from visiting Giatu!Special Features:
- Terrible service at breakfastGearoidinVIPDined on 7/23/2012We went to Giatu for a family breakfast -- 8 of us at 9am. They put us in a quite nice side room and it looked promising but after taking our orders they seemed to forget about us. The service was awful. Two or three times I went looking for someone for simple things like more coffee and cream. The waitress switched the toasts around on the plates with her hands... I guess they do that in the kitchen anyway but it just looked sloppy and offputting. The food was OK -- not great but good enough. If the service hadn't been so poor and uncaring it would have been a good outing. I asked what Giatu meant and they said Giving It All To yoU. They need to try harder to live up to that I think. Definitely wouldn't go there again for breakfast.
- Decor was nice, server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Decor was nice, server was extremely pleasant, but the pasta dish we ordered was TASTLESS AND SWIMMING IN GREASE! Will not return and would not recommend this place. I felt like the should have at least not charged us; even chef said said he couldn't believe he sent the food out like that. All we received was a 10% discount and free dessert. So not worth it!
- For a hotel restaurant, giatuOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2012For a hotel restaurant, giatu offers a menu with great variety and dishes that have a unique twist to them. The portions were generous and everything was delicious. I especially recommend the pear salad with the peach and champagne dressing. My husband had the risotto with lobster and he loved it.Special Features:
- I was actually kind of disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2012I was actually kind of disappointed. I had really high hopes for this restaurant, but it fell REALLY short. The service was just okay. The food took almost an hour to come out, and then was cold, greasy, and not at all impressive.
- Good Food, Missing AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2012Good food, decent prices. Being in the lobby of the hotel hurts the feel of the restaurant. It tried to be a little high class and fancy and has the food to match but the ambiance is not there. It was too bright and the restaurant is so open to the lobby of the hotel it can make things awkward/distracting. Worth a trip to try the awesome salads or home made Risotto but don't expect a candle light, romantic dining experience.
- Buffet breakfast was quiteCanee1VIPDined on 5/18/2012Buffet breakfast was quite good with a great selection
- Could not find the restaurantRatKaufDined on 4/26/2012Could not find the restaurant with the address provided on Open Table.
- Giving It All To You-NOT!DieselDadsVIPDined on 4/26/2012Unfortunately for our server this restaurant was severely understaffed. She did the best that she could, but seemed to be the only server on duty. Our reservation was "misplaced" and we were told that there were no Open Table reservations for the night, even after we showed our email confirmation. That was fine though since when we arrived there were only 2 other parties in the dining room. That however changed as the night went on. The food was not memorable. The noise however, from the adjacent Bar was. We suggested that noise barriers be installed to block the amount of noise coming from enthusiastic and overly liquored bar patrons. This was EXTREMELY distracting to diners. GIATU gets a firm NO in my book.
- I was pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. This restaurant is actually only a couple of minutes from home and I've never been. So glad we tried it. My husband and I will defintely return and I'd like to try it for lunch with a work group.Special Features:
- My husband & I went to GiatuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012My husband & I went to Giatu for our anniversary dinner. Everything was absolutely great. My Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection and my husband's Campanelle Rustica dish was the best he's ever tasted. The food was very well prepared & presented; our server was delightful - took time to answer our questions about the food and made us feel quite welcome. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food tastes good. The soupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Food tastes good. The soups are great. Their pick two comes with half a sandwich, but the menu doesn't say so. Service is really slow.Special Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012After reading all the reviews on here for this restaurant, I was definitely expecting more then what we got... We tried out Giatu and decided to get the scallops for an appetizer, a Caesar salad and Ribeye for the main course... Service was just so-so...nothing we wouldn't find at any other local restaurant and definitely not something spectacular or up to par for a restaurant considered more than your "Neighborhood Applebees" Scallops: Cold and lacking much taste... Ceaser Salad: FANTASTIC!!! One of the best I have had ANYWHERE!!! Bacon/Cheddar Mac and Cheese: DELICIOUS!!! Ribeye (COOKED MEDIUM): Came out with NO PINK and VERY Charred...didn't taste that great at all... Not very impressed, and more then likely wouldn't recom
- Valentine's Day Dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Valentine's Day Dinner was great. Our server was great. Only complaint is that they were out of two things we ordered, however we were not disappointed with the replacementsSpecial Features:
- Giatu is a hidden gen in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My wife and I went to Giatu for Valentine's Day. They had a special 5 course menu. The food was fantastic...some of the most lucious and decadent items we have ever had. I did not even know an apple pie was considered an appetizer! The main course was fine. My steak was Medium even though I asked for rare. The service was paced so we had a nice experience (roughly 2 hours for all 5 courses and coffee). The restaurant got very busy by the time we were finishing up and because this was at the hotel, there were business people there who were not eating for Valentine's Day, and they were loud. The decor of the restaurant is attractive. Overall, this is a great special occasion dining establishment!Special Features:
- Bad service, bad lighting, ok food.LaurenNicoleDined on 1/21/2012I went there because I had my livingsocial coupon. I didn't know if was in a hotel when I bought the coupon but usually that doesn't matter. This was not the case that evening. The restaurant was open to the rest of the hotel. We could hear the music from a wedding in the next room. And the lighting in the restaurant was bright, no dinner ambiance. Our server was very friendly but not what you expect in an expensive restaurant. She kept saying, "I'm going to be rude and reach over you." Well how about you try not to be rude and just walk around, rather than apologizing for it. Our food was decent. I really enjoyed the Giatu salad, but my steak was overlooked and my friends mahi mahi was fatty and tough. They were out of 3 wines we asked forSpecial Features:
- Girlfriend and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2012Girlfriend and I went for her birthday and it was excellent. Good size portions and great taste for the price. Weren't too many people there when we went (a Tuesday evening), except for the bar area. I would definitely say that this place is a hidden gem in the Upstate.Special Features:
- Pretty nice for a hotel restaurant.Meff44VIPDined on 11/26/2011Pretty nice for a hotel restaurant. Enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- We dined there for dinnerLesMDined on 11/24/2011We dined there for dinner on Thanksgiving. To our surprise, we were the only diners. As such, the waitress had no one to cater to but us although she chatted with us a little more than we would have liked. My wife had the Cornish Hens which she said were delicious. I had the Mahi Mahi which was good but should have come with some type of side dish. It was served on top of a salad only. Overall, it was good but not good enough to jump ahead of other restaurant's we want to try before we return again.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Giatu manyacebubbaDined on 11/22/2011We have eaten at Giatu many times and the only complaint for this visit was the ambiance. Normally the lighting is subdued, but this time the lights were on bright. We commented to the hostess that it was very bright and she said that the lights had probably not been turned down from lunch, and then did nothing about it. I guess she was more interested in speaking with the other employees. Will we go back? Yes, its a very nice restaurant. But as ZZ Top says "get yourself some cheap sunglasses.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2011We had a great experience at Giatu. I've heard of it, but never knew where to find it. It has a great menu with amazing food in an almost boutique type of setting. The server told me that they are busy during the weekdays and slower on the weekend. Great place to check out if you haven't been!Special Features:
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2011I took my wife out to a nice quiet dinner for our anniversary. Open Table helped me find a hidden gem and new favorite in Giatu. Giatu has a fine dining menu at casual dining prices and food quality that easily compares to other downtown favorites. After being seated Derek promptly greeted us and reviewed a few hot spots on the menu. Being our first time, we took the suggestions offered. I had the bacon-wrapped bison meatloaf with the smoked cheddar macaroni and my wife had the portabella and ricotta stuffed house made pasta, delicious. I truly felt special while dining in Giatu. I will definitely return to Giatu for an excellent meal and exquisite service. Much more to say but so little space to express everything, to be continued...Special Features:
- They were "out" of severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2011They were "out" of several of the items initially ordered.
- the food was good, but wasntOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2011the food was good, but wasnt a selection that would bring you back often. We liked it but probably would not go back even if another coupon was offered. It just wasnt our kind of place is all. We were the only couple eating at 7PM on a friday night, but another couple came in about the time we were finishing.Special Features:
- A Step up from the old Giatu.acebubbaDined on 7/13/2011We stopped going to Giatu for about six months because the menu was very limited and the food and service were just ok. We gave it another chance on Thursday and were pleasantly surprised. The menu was more extensive and very well executed. They must have changed chefs. The value for the dollar has greatly improved. The unique ambiance has always been enjoyed and the service was very good. We will start going back to Giatu in the future.Special Features:
- I took my wife and 3 year-oldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011I took my wife and 3 year-old son on Mother's Day to partake of the brunch spread. There was a wonderful omelet and waffle station, a meat-carving station with flank steak and roasted chicken selections, and many other lunch and breakfast choices. Our favorites were the omelet, fresh greens, and dessert fare. With ample seating in the garden and dining area, this is a great environment for a business luncheon, family get-together/reunion, or in our case, a lax brunch.Special Features:
- The buffet food was cold...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011The buffet food was cold... the roast chicken was not done enough.
- Mother's Day brunch had aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Mother's Day brunch had a special(higher) price but the buffet struggled with the predictable challenges; standing in line, small portions at the carving table, smell of sturno & a tough fish entre. Our experiance did not measure up to the reviews.Special Features:
- Neighborhood SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Don't know how I never heard of Giatu before! Some reviews had us hesitant,but I believe now others just don't appreciate true fine cuisine.My wife and I came on a weekend,lovely atmosphere.Our server was very knowledgable,attentive(but not overbearing),and the food was amazing! You could really tell the Chef enjoyed being creative and had a keen sense of balance.Easily chop-house++ quality with a much more affordable price range. We had an app,salads,entrees,and dessert for under $65! Seared Tuna app was the best ahi Tuna I've ever had, PERIOD(i've had it at every rest in town).Giatu Salad,Bison Meatloaf,and Mahi entrees to die for! This menu will give other "foodie" restaurants a run for their money! You know what your doing!WILL be back!Special Features:
- Best in Greenville in a LONG TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2011We have been wanting to try out this place for a while, and didn't realize it was even around. From the other reviews, I was hesitant, but to be honest, the other reviews have no clue how good this place really is. I made a reservation, we went right in and sat down immediately. This was on a Saturday night at 7 pm. Not too busy at all. Great drink menu with some specials (Giatu Tea) that were amazing. The onion soup was fantastic as well as the fondue appetizer. My wife and I split the bone-in ribeye and it was very good. I can't believe more people aren't trying this place. Even though it is a "hotel" restaurant, it has an appeal and design of the restaurants in downtown Charlotte at the Epicenter. You will regret not trying it!Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic choices.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Great food and fantastic choices. The Chef has created some special items which brings a change to the South and the quality of the food is outstanding. Not so steep prices, one of the best values you can find. However, the ambiance is not so good. Not a romantic getaway. Too colorful for a restaurant and too much of a Hotel Restaurant feel. Sad, because the food is well above average.Special Features:
- Waitress was wonderful. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2011Waitress was wonderful. Food was ok. Atmosphere was really nice. Would return.