5 Gold St
New York, NY 10038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.giardinodoro.com/index.html
- Phone: 2125146400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Open for private parties
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nick Vulaj
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Yes
- Special Events: Yes
A word from Giardino D'Oro
Nestled away on winding Gold Street in Manhattan's venerable Financial District, Giardino D'Oro is indeed a golden garden as its name translates. All that is charming about Italy comes to life as co-owners Benny Jakupaj and Nick Vuli welcome even newcomers with open arms. At Giardino D'Oro, food is indeed art with the fine Italian cuisine replete with antipasti, fresh rolled pastas, exquisite meat and seafood dishes, mouth-watering desserts, and an extensive wine list. Attentive yet discreet service in an intimate setting with strains of Sinatra softly crooning in the background set the scene for power lunches as well as romance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Giardino D'Oro - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Giardino D'Oro reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (10)special occasion (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/7/2014We liked everything about this place. The staff seemed a bit taken aback when I arrived with my two kids...but they rallied - enjoyed the kids, provided excellent service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian cuisine!KerryLoves2EatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic service, great suggestions on entres and wines, respectful wait staff. Food was absolutely amazing. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great serviceBigDVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great find in Financial District. Excellent Italian and really nice wines for a cozy place. Definitely worth searching out this gem.Special Features:
- A New York favorite!LouiseVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love this little restaurant and try to visit anytime we're in the city! The food is always wonderful, but it's the service that really sets this place apart. James makes us feel so special and always has great menu recommendations - every dinner feels like a special occasion!Special Features:
- Pretty Good, but better in areaOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/12/2014Really old school. Waiter do no communicate well. Lots of broken English. We asked for wines by the glass and the first waiter said we had to buy only bottle or half bottle.....so we got the half bottle. Then about 10 minutes later we see bartender pouring individual glasses of wine. So we call over a different waiter who then tells us of course they have wines by the glass. I was not happy at all. Anyway the dinners were nice and the eggplant rollatini is delicious. The interior is kind of a cute in an old school way. I live directly across the street. We might try it one more time, but it's probably better suited for the blue hair set than people under their 50s.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/20/2014I had the branzino special and the minestrone soup. One of the best dinners I have ever had in NYC.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceblueeyesDined on 5/13/2014Always an enjoyable dining experience. If you're looking for a fine dining experience in the financial district, this is the place to go. The atmosphere is just right for either a luncheon meeting or a relaxing dinner with friends. The waiters are knowledgeable and attentive and always remember what wine you prefer or meal you enjoy. I have never had or seen anyone else have a meal that wasn't delicious and cooked to perfection. Yesterday, I was in for a luncheon meeting, after being MIA for part of the winter, and immediately was greeted like an old friend and offered the wine I prefer and my favorite pasta. The clients I was with were highly entertained and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience from salad to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to treat your guestsBillWDined on 5/12/2014Dinner at Giardino D'Oro was a lesson in how to treat guests. The waitstaff is perfectly attentive, without being pushy. We felt at home - didn't want to leave so we lingered. The food was wonderful and the menu is varied enough to please anyone's taste and appetite. Our only regret is that we are from out of town, so our return to this delightful destination is uncertain. Please go and enjoy it for us!Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Giardino D'Oro reviews archive.
- Top notchSalesproDined on 4/30/2014Great spot for a business lunch. Food an service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014The food was absolutely fantastic! We had an amazing bottle of wine, the appetizer was delicious (eggplant rollotini), and the pasta carbonara was one of the best things I've ever ate. They also bring out a very nice meat, cheese and olive tray to start. Our waiter was authentic and gave great recommendations. I would travel downtown just to eat there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience as alwaysAlex114475Dined on 4/11/2014This restaurant is terrific. They have an extensive menu and also offer excellent specials. I've been to this restaurant many time and have left extremely satisfied every time. Everything is made fresh and they have a great selection of wines also. As good as the food and the wine is, the hospitality and service really make this place special. An absolute gem in the Fi-Di district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday not their busiestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Saturday not their busiest day. Pleasant wait staff. dinner uncrushed. food hot and tasty. Wine good (big markup). One loud (polite) patron at an adjacent table was the only negative. we had seven in party 2 young people 8 yrs and 13 yrs waiter very helpful with them.Special Features:
- Solid not amazingRadarDined on 3/18/2014I went for lunch and got the Mozzerella Milanese and Rigatoni Ametriciana and both were really good, but I've had better. The person I was with had the pasta Carbonara and felt the same way. We both ate every last bite so it must have been good. The explanation for Pasta Carbonara said only"done the right way", which I thought great. I'd definitely go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was in a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014The restaurant was in a great location in the financial district. I did ask for olive oil for the bread which never came but I only asked once. Otherwise the service was great! Everyone was friendly and the food was fantastic! Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. It was a bit noisier than we had hoped (we were there for Valentine's Day lunch), but it didn't really take away from the meal and we would go back. The buffalo mozzarella appetizer special was delicious (though expensive).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014Overpriced and very disappointing average food. It does not live up to its reputation.
- Top 10 Italian in NYCJeffDined on 1/29/2014This was an amazing find! Super friendly staff who went overboard to make everyone feel at home. The food was AMAZING!!! Home made pasta was super tasty and the entire experience including monthly specials on select bottles of wine made it such a fun night. It was a business dinner but will return with my wife as it would also be good for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Food Would Have Been BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2014I do not recommend Giardino D'Oro. I went for dinner with my husband and another couple and it was awful. The prices were high and the food was terrible. To start I had a salad with tomatoes, avocado and beets. 95% of the salad was tomatoes that were mushy and tasteless. There were four tiny beet slices and a few chunks of avocado. I had salmon with a mustard leek sauce for my entree. I only identified a few leeks and the salmon smelled like fish if you get my drift. My husband hated it as well. He ordered a salad which was tiny and had pasta with seafood. With all the restaurant choices in NYC there is no reason to spend your money at this place. The service was okay even though it took forever for the waiter to bring us our bill.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2014Good italian cooking with a simple but clean decor makes this a dining choice in the area. Service might have been more attentive, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit to this establishmen38SpecialVIPDined on 1/24/2014My first visit to this establishment and found it a fine location for a business lunch, despite limited menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gem in the financial distrrayg98Dined on 1/9/2014Had the best sole ever. Great service great everything but a little pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miracle on Gold Streetptatc96Dined on 12/27/2013Arrived to a very quiet restaurant where we were greeted warmly and seated immediately. From the start, the waiters were attentive and polite making our experience very enjoyable. The meal was prepared very well, delivered hot with an excellent presentation. Enjoyed the evening, the ambience and personnel. Would definitely return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Great setting, great food and great service. Thanks for everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!papabearDined on 11/29/2013Our foursome had a great lunch at this spot right in the middle of the financial district. I can imagine that this place gets a lot of customers during the work week. We were there on a holiday so it was *very* quiet. The food was top quality. I had the pasta special, and someone else at the table had the seafood special (branzino). I got to taste both and they were excellent. The other dishes looked really great too. We each happened to get the eggplant appetizer, and that was a real gem. We seriously thought about ordering seconds of the appetizer once we were done, and even joked about getting it for dessert too. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeanoviDined on 11/15/2013great food, great service, overall great. quiet however. went with a group of 9 and were the only ones inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantYvonnefromnyVIPDined on 11/13/2013Excellent food and service. Went there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and we were treated extra-special. We were even given free shots of the drink of our choice from the bar.Special Features:
- great italian restaurant -ll25Dined on 11/11/2013great italian restaurant - from service to food, everything was spot on. The waiter was fantastic and added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than I expectedDallas99Dined on 11/2/2013We found this place while traveling. Relatively quiet (except the loud-talker in the corner), and food was tasty & well prepared. Great place for a couple to enjoy a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family weekendKathyDined on 11/2/2013took my family here for marathon weekend-Superb service-Maitre d spoke Italian to m daughter who is learning it. Outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old world Italian on aBonnieVIPDined on 10/12/2013An old world Italian on a dingy street in FiDi, Giardino D'Oro is not necessarily a must-go-to restaurant but for traditional Italian food served by traditional European Italian style waitstaff, not a disappointment. Uncramped floor plan and old-time soft ballad music contribute to a civilized dining experience. Pastas begin at $20 and other offerings are pricey so be forewarned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An interesting experiencesfjephDined on 10/11/2013I would dub this meal, Eastern Europe hosts an old-school Italian dinner. The food was pretty good, the service was a bit over-attentive, but by the end of the meal we were having fun with the guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great quiet high classrainmakerDined on 9/28/2013Just a great quiet high class dinner for a Saturday eve in lower Manhattan. Will go back for sure!Special Features:
- TiredPeterDined on 9/26/2013Just a tired Italian restaurant, nothing special, nothing terribly wrong, just needs a face lift. Sinatra in the background should describe it correctly.
- Solid food, well servedSeymourVIPDined on 9/21/2013At most restaurants I find the appetizers to be very tasty and dinner a tad less so. Here it was the reverse. I had the beef carpachio which was OK but the Satiimbocca ala Romano was superb. This was also true for my three other fellow dinners. The wait staff was attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- Moist and flavorful sea bassGator4OkieVIPDined on 9/13/2013We had beautiful, flavorful sea bass and veal. Very traditional and Enjoyable experience. Service was professional, attentive, but not hovering. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great Service, Excellent FoodFedHillDinerDined on 9/7/2013We arrived early at 5:30 for dinner before the theater. We were treated very well by all of the staff. The food was excellently prepared and presented. The bread/antipasto dish they bring when you first sit down was unique and really nice. The interior layout is very nice and relaxing - tables are not too close together and it really feels like an authentic Italian establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to this restaurant inBillWDined on 8/16/2013Went to this restaurant in a group of six, including two children. The service was excellent, and the dining room staff made it a very pleaseant experience, even entertaining the children. The wine list offered an excellent selction. The food was was prefectly prepared, well seasoned, and thoroughly enjoyable. In particluar, the Filet of Dover Sole was absolutely spectacular! I am very much looking forward to going back, and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the Financial DistblueeyesDined on 8/14/2013This gem is a great find for both new yorkers and tourists alike. I have eaten here often over the last 4 years and never had a meal that wasn't perfection. You can go in for lunch, dinner or office party and still receive the same great service and delicious meal. When my favorite meal isn't on special they always suggest something that never makes me think "second choice".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Financial Center-Power LunchfreeportlisagVIPDined on 7/30/2013Party of 4 business folks dined here recently. We had a wonderful overall experience, and productive meeting due to the warm hospitality and great fresh cuisine! This will be one of my regular stops!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2013This was our second visit to Giardano D'oro and we had wonderful food! The staff was friendly, humorous and attentive and the experience in general was very enjoyable. Great experience in FIDI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.