233 Doughty Blvd.
Inwood, NY 11096Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://giardinettony.com/
- Phone: 5163710200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available with delivery service.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private events are available in the back of the dining room and private events are available on the second floor.
- Private Party Contact: Remi 5163710200
A word from Giardinetto Restaurant
Giardinetto's specialty is Northern Italian cuisine and they pride themselves in making fresh and delicious food. The menu includes salads and pastas, and they offer a dining experience that you will enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giardinetto Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Among the Best Meals EverYummyDined on 10/18/2014My review does not need the minimum 50 characters called for. The subject line says it all. Nice job Giardenetto.Special Features:
- Will go again! !OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Didn't much care for the neighborhood. However, we loved the restaurant. The service, the food and the ambiance were all impeccable. We will def be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014We keep returning to Giardinetta for family dinners as well as to dine by ourselves or with friends. We are never disappointed with the food or service. It is a wonderful restaurant and we are lucky to live not far from it.Special Features:
- A Must Visit Italian in Inwood LIOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Delicious specials coupled with solid menu items, all extremely tasty. A semi hidden gem tucked away in a neighborhood setting. Meticulous attention to detail with competent and attentive staff. A must have is the bolanese sauce over pasta and any chicken or pork dish. Desserts are somewhat boring.Special Features:
- Food was very good as alwaysRichDined on 7/8/2014Good food long wait to come out of kitchen No one seemed to be concernedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Giardinetto Restaurant reviews archive.
- Pleasant surprise for an out townerClosetoairportDined on 6/9/2014Booked this restaurant because it is closed to JFK. No being from the area, I was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Very good, but it has gotten very expensive-$12.00 for bloody Mary is much more than other local restaurants.Special Features:
- FINE ITALIAN DININGCANDIDWITDined on 5/11/2014"QUINTESSENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD GEM" BEST PERSONIFIES GIARDINETTO RISTORANTE. IT OFFERS A CORDIAL AND ACCOMMODATING OWNER-HOST, A DIVERSIFIED WELL CRAFTED AND INTERESTING ITALIAN MENU, COUPLED WITH EVER CHANGING DAILY TEMPTING SPECIAL CULINARY TREATS... ESPECIALLY WORTH DEVOURING, AMONG NUMEROUS OTHER SELECTIONS, IS THE GIARDINETTO SALAD, VEAL CHOP VALDOTANA, HOME MADE PASTAS AND FRESH SEAFOOD. ........DO, INDEED, TREK TO GIARDINETTO AND INDULGE YOURSELF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gemjz594Dined on 4/12/2014My boyfriend and I had a three-course meal and every part of it was simply delicious. We ordered the grilled jumbo shrimp over vegetables (Gamberoni alla giardinetto), veal chop valdotana, prime new york Sirloin steak, and tiramisu. All of these dishes were fresh and tasty. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was fabulous, just drinks were expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet of sole terrible. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Filet of sole terrible. The other food just average. Not going back
- Lunch with Co-workerPattyDined on 12/18/2013Went for lunch and food was great. You cannot be in a hurry when you eat at Giardinetto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving FeastGemFinder2Dined on 11/28/2013Excellent food. The oysters were fresh. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for group of 6RainbowVIPDined on 10/28/2013It was Monday night and this was perfect for the group because it was crowded and or noisy. The waiters were very attentive to our needs and the food was good. We could enjoy each other's company because the noise level was down. Everyone of us seemed to enjoy what we ordered. The round table was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant for a businessFelicia9921VIPDined on 9/26/2013Nice restaurant for a business lunch. Quiet and good service. Mistake in order but good service overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian option near 5 Towns!NewInTownVIPDined on 9/21/2013We have only been in town for 5 months, and were looking for another good restaurant.... We were lucky enough to find Giardinetto on Open Table! The team approach to service was fantastic!! The food was great, and the wine recommendation was just perfect. We will be back, we will bring others, and we will recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Shore GemRuthieDined on 9/7/2013Never had a bad meal. The owner, Remy, is the consummate host. Food is excellent. Every time I go, there are different specials. Reservations are needed for a reason.Special Features:
- Home Town RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2013My guest and I are both native Inwood-ites and were so pleased to come back and dine at such a superb restaurant in our hometown. The food and wine was delicious the wait staff courteous and attentive the attribute of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giardinetta is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2013Giardinetta is consistently good. We dine here regularly and are always happy with our food. The wait staff is extremely accommodating and very friendly. It's one of the few places in our neighborhood that we keep returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful dining spotJRABDined on 7/17/2013This restaurant is a neighborhood gem that consistently offers up great food with friendly professional service in a delightful atmosphere at reasonable prices. What more could anyone ask for in a restaurant?Special Features:
- Service was excellent evenfoodieDined on 6/8/2013Service was excellent even though restaurant was very crowded. We all ordered different fish dishes and each one was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER THEN EXPECTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/28/2013This place doesnt look like much from the outiside and its tucked away on a side street but dont let any of that fool you. The food was outstanding and the service was impecible. I will definately being returning.Special Features:
- A QUINTESSENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD GEMCANDIDWITDined on 5/19/2013THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING ITALIAN NEIGHBORHOOD RISTORANTE. THE HOST AND THE STAFF KNOW HOW TO TREAT THEIR DINERS. THE CUISINE, INCLUDING CHANGING, TEMPTING SPECIALS OF THE DAY, WAS SCRUMPTIOUS.... DO GO AND TREAT YOURSELF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the neighborhoodCook4meVIPDined on 5/18/2013Been here twice, will come back but will dine later after 8pm as I feel the later you go the level of noise will not be so energetic. Food is very good and service will make you feel like a regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO INDEED TRY THIS GEMCANDIDWITDined on 4/27/2013A WONDERFUL ITALIAN RISTORANTE. VARIED AND GOOD MENU. TERRIFIC FOOD. CONGENIAL HOST AND STAFF....VALET PARKINGSpecial Features:
- Great local restaurant...soLynbrook26VIPDined on 4/6/2013Great local restaurant...so glad that we FINALLY rediscovered it & will certainly becoming regulars!! And if you don't see it on the menu they will gladly make it for you!Special Features:
- THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING ITALIANCANDIDWITDined on 3/23/2013THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING ITALIAN GEM. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS A DINERS DREAM---FROM THE HOST AND HIS STAFF, ITS AMBIANCE AND ITS SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD. ITS INSALATA GIARDINETTO SALAD AND STUFFED VEAL CHOP (VEAL CHOP VALDOTANA)ARE A MUST, AS ARE MANY OTHER SELECTIONS AND SPECIALS. DO, INDEED, GO TO THIS SPECIAL PLACE.Special Features:
- Good Italian in a beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013I really enjoyed this place! Very attentive staff. Food was delicious and just what I was in the mood for...good Italian. There is a beautiful garden in the front which seems like a place I would like to dine al fresco in come spring.Special Features:
- My first time there on valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My first time there on valentines day with my girl. Reservation for 2 at 8, sat down at ten after and drinks minutes later. Great service and foodSpecial Features:
- Simply the bestJRABDined on 2/9/2013Consistently good food with excellent service in a space with wonderful ambiance makes this restaurant a real winner.Special Features:
- I thought they were tryingExplosionDined on 1/5/2013I thought they were trying to hard. Also they sat us on time but I am honestly not sure if they had my reservation written down.Special Features:
- Lovely place, delicious food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Lovely place, delicious food, nice portions, pretty atmosphere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem with professionalFranVIPDined on 12/19/2012Neighborhood gem with professional service and wonderfully prepared food!!
- It is a very pleasant restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012It is a very pleasant restaurant with lovely wait staff. Food is quite good.
- Great hidden treasure!! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2012Great hidden treasure!! Food .......fabulous, Service .......superb . Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2012We love this restaurant and continue to come back for a Saturday night with friends, Sunday with family or just the two of us. I have tried many different dishes both off and on the menu and have been completely satisfied with all. The staff is friendly and attentive. This is one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Surprise mealBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 8/5/2012While all of the advertizing for Giardinetto said that it opened at 3 PM on Sundays, when we arrived the door was locked. A young busboy opened the door and said that the restaurant would not open until 5. When we kept insisting that the sign even said that it opened at 3, he took pity on us and allowed us to sit at a table even though no other staff was there. After a few minutes, he told us that he had called the chef who was on his way to take care of us. True to his word, the chef arrived shortly. In between, the server had offered us water and bread! We ordered around 3:30 or so and was served by ab out 4 PM. The suggestions were good and the food also. The server really made the meal!!!!
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012Great neighborhood restaurant serving consistently good foodSpecial Features:
- like dining at a house inBriskwalker72Dined on 7/27/2012like dining at a house in Tuscany. Very ggod food and serviceSpecial Features:
- This has become our go toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/1/2012This has become our go to restaurant for the last several years. We are always assured very good food and service at Giardinetta. The staff is very friendly and the food is always prepared to our liking. In all the years we have eaten there we have never returned a meal.Special Features: