314 Howard Street
Greenwood, MS 38930Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.giardinas.com/
- Phone: 6624554227
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Lee Leflore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yes
A word from Giardina's Restaurant
Giardina's, one of the Mississippi Delta's most historic restaurants, was founded in 1936 by Joseph Giardina, in Greenwood, Mississippi. A unique blend of sophistication and warmth, Giardina's is the perfect setting for any event. Seating consists of fourteen private booths and the large dining room opens onto a beautiful courtyard. The restaurant's interior space and state-of-the-art kitchen were designed by world-renowned architects. Considerable effort was made to retain the character and charm of the original Giardina's, but the white tablecloths, fine crystal and premium Viking cutlery add the feeling of elegance one would expect from a fine dining restaurant in a large metropolitan area. Giardina's bar, reminiscent of a bygone era, features the same dark wood and tile of the restaurant while offering today's premium liquors, wines and liqueurs. Featuring steaks, seafood and Italian cuisine, Giardina's atmosphere is old world elegant but dress is laid-back "Delta casual.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Giardina's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Greenwood ›
Giardina's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Only show in town with one flawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is one of the main gears in the revival of a challenged Greenwood downtown. The food was very good, the atmosphere was charming with its individual speakeasy-style booths with curtains, and the waitress was friendly and informed. The only flaw was the fact that it took over ten minutes to get noticed and get things started, and only then because I went in search of the hostess and asked if we had been forgotten. The service remained leisurely throughout the evening, a possible plus up to a point but this seemed excessively laid back. It may just be the way of the Delta but it was almost comical by the end of the evening. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our meal and enjoyed chatting with our server, when she got to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I had the strip and my wife had the filet. I ordered mine medium rare. She ordered her's medium. My steak came medium-medium well and her steak came medium rare. If you're staying at the Alluvian, take a class at the Viking Cooking School instead of dining at Giardina's. For the same cost of eating at Giardian's - you can eat a better meal, make some new friends and take home the recipes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reunion!!DeltadinerDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful food, wine, & service for get together with lifelong friends. We met in the bar, enjoyed great cocktails, yummy appetizers, & a very satisfying & varied selection of entrees and desserts. (Ooooooh! Chef's special selection oysters) Afterwards, ordered after-dinner drinks & retreated to lounge to recount tales of our youth & share again the blessings of friendship, & remember those not with us. BTW;that high noise level, all our fault!!! Food was delicious & our server, delightful. Don't hesitate, make your reservation now! Any day can be an occasion! They happily accommodated not one but two last second (really, like after we arrived for dinner) requests. One for an additional member to our party. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableJackDined on 9/18/2014Most of the dining is within private walled in booths with a curtain to close off passerbys. You can conveniently control your individual lighting and a buzzer may be used to summon your waiter/waitress. if necessary. They were very timely and attentive. The wine list was extensive and the menu was quite varied, however the salmon I ordered was no longer available that evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was presented poorly and was not tasty or memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday NightCottonGirl13Dined on 8/30/2014Couples night out celebrating a birthday. Loved the private tables, our waitress just would not close the curtains-annoying-but I asked her too and she did. Food was hot and seasoned well-chops cooked a little hard. And it took a minute to get our drinks. Overall-we had a great time, but we left the check without seeing our waitress return. I would suggest at least a salad coming with the meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and well designedfoodinneworleansDined on 8/30/2014In today's world where restaurants pack as many tables as possible into a given space it was wonderful to walk in and have a private room. Beautifully created. Food was very good. I especially enjoyed the fried green tomatoes and the veal picatta. My husband enjoyed his fried pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentCody1Dined on 8/30/2014I've eaten there many times and have had different dining experiences, from really great to not very good. I usually have the steak, for my recent experience the cuts of meat w were small and poorly prepared. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- Delta jeweltbrebelDined on 8/23/2014Excellent pampano Waite staff is a hoot. Appetizers are great get reservation ahead of time expensive worth the visit takes a couple of hoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Best veal picatta I've ever had in my life! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We loved eating here and my husband was exciting and enjoyed his first time! We will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, friendly staffjdh3Dined on 8/2/2014The hostess was very good, welcoming us by name when we arrived before we had approached the desk. The atmosphere is welcoming and all of the staff was very friendly. Our waitress was apparently very busy as we waited about 15 minutes before she arrived, this would be the pattern for the entire evening, she was knowledgable and friendly but we were apparently added to her station and it showed. The food was very good, my steak was cooked perfectly and I thought that the value for the dollar was good. I would have enjoyed wine with my steak instead of the beer that I was served and the coffee would have been good with dessert instead of after. As we were leaving, the hostess again addressed us by name, very friendly and appreciated.Special Features:
- average to fairBikingmanswifeDined on 8/2/2014House Italian dressing of oil and vinegar was too vinegary. My husband's lasagna had large slices of mystery meat in it which he found quite strange and he didn't finish it, my eggplant parmesan was crispy on the outside, tender inside and was good. Service was fine and we were seated in a private cubicle which was interesting and fun. Overall it was not the worse experience or worse Italian food however it was very far from the best Italian food we have had. We were in Greenville for the Bikes. Blues and Bayous ride and had seen this retaurant last year and thought we would like to stay over night on Sat to try it. I can say we tried it however it was not worth the hotel expense of another night to eat there and we won't do it again.Special Features:
- Great restaurantChampDined on 7/15/2014Very much enjoyed my date I had at this restaurant. The food was excellent! The waitress was friendly but wasn't as attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just very unique!bdpmVIPDined on 7/7/2014This place is soooo out of the ordinary..you must dine here if given the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We had dinner two evenings at Giardina. The first evening was in a booth and the service was very good; the food was delicious. Loved the tamale appetizer. On the second evening, a Saturday night, we were seated at a table, and there were many, many people who wanted to dine at Giardina's. We think more tables would be helpful on an occasion such as we witnessed. The bar area was very crowded also. Food was still great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Nights are the best!LilypondDined on 6/26/2014Giardina's is an interesting Southern restaurant adjacent to the Alluvian Hotel in downtown Greenwood, Mississippi. On Thursday nights, the hotel sponsors different musicians in the Lobby resulting in a vibrant bar scene and many Faulknerian characters. The menu is varied and well prepared. Reservations are DEFINITELY recommended. Greenwood is a hub for the Blues tour in Mississippi as well as the site of many festivals.Special Features:
- Music, like smooth jazzKsueBDined on 6/25/2014Jazz music needs to be playing. It will help to drown out the table next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 274 reviews are from the Giardina's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We went for our 32nd anniversary and really enjoyed it. Onion rings are a really good appetizer. My wife had fried shrimp and I had dozen oysters. We split a chefs salad and it was plenty. Very nice atmosphere and service was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit/Miss on Eggplant ParmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The Eggplant Parm dish had 2 generous pieces and the first piece was delicious. Some of the very best I've eaten. As I began to eat the second piece the first bite was very bitter and had a tough texture. Unfortunately the entire piece was like this, bitter and tough. Sad to leave it on my dish to be tossed but I wasn't in the mood to go through a process of getting it corrected at that point of the meal. I was satisfied and had plenty to eat given the Tamales and Ricotta Spinach we also enjoyed - both were very good. My wife had the Pompano and it was super! We opted out of ordering a dessert but enjoyed our evening very much and would return. Just skip the Eggplant Parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014My wife and I very much enjoyed everything about dinning with you all.Special Features:
- Giardina's is a gem.eevfusDined on 5/19/2014I always enjoy eating at Giardina's. If I am in Greenwood, I make every effort to eat there. Great steaks, seafood and pasta. Excellent wine selection. Also, the best selection of appetizers anywhere. Nice but small bar. One of my three favorite restaurants in Mississippi.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantKr1022Dined on 5/17/2014Great food, good service, romantic. Great for special occasions. Love how your closed off from everyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in the DeltaFletchDined on 5/10/2014We went to Giardina's for an early reservation on a Saturday. Everyone was already familiar with the private booth seating that is Greenwood custom. Our server was Queen, and she was amazing. She kept my 6 year-old niece well stocked with cherries for her Shirley Temple, she kept the adults wine glasses full and was the most pleasant and personable waitress I have met while dinning in Greenwood. The food wasn't delayed and my steak was cooked perfectly at Medium rare. I can't speak for everyone's dish, but there were empty plates and big smiles when we finished for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRE MOTHER'S DAY WEEKENDGoldenGirlsDined on 5/9/2014My girlfriends and I had the most wonderful weekend at the Alluvian Hotel, our suite was breath taking and the view was great. All the employees that we came in contact with was very kind and helpful from the moment we entered the door to check in until the time we checked out. The ladies in the kitchen went out of there way to make sure we got what we wanted for breakfast although it was near 10 am when we got up stairs. It was an experience we will never forget!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall fabulousOutoftowner2Dined on 5/3/2014Food and ambience fabulous. Unfortunately, this visit service was not. However, normally service is 5 star. Not our first meal there so know from experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDeltaDudeplus3Dined on 4/28/2014Atmosphere was very pleasant. Excellent selection of wines. Servers very knowledgable about the menu items, ingredients, and food-wine pairing. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area. Worth every cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place for a girls weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Four of us were in town for a girls weekend retreat and we were so pleased by our experience at Giardinas. Our server Amanda was fantastic and took such good care of us. The food was stellar and we will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delta GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Giardina's is a gem hidden in the Delta. I travel all over and love great resturants, but by far, Giardina's is my absolute favorite. The food can not be beaten!Special Features:
- DisappointedGetawayDined on 4/11/2014I was expecting the food to be really good, and was very disappointed. To be associated with such a nice hotel, the food was below average and I would not want to eat there again.
- meat rarenessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Need a better understanding of what medium, medium rare, raw is defined as. I said I wanted my meat pink to red inside not pink to brown.Special Features:
- Just what we were hoping for.NanNanDined on 4/10/2014My husband and I were pleasantly pleased with our special evening out at Gardinna's. Stayed at Aluvian and just walked to attache restaurant. So easy and no driving. Fab!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the Mississippi DeltaGreeneDined on 4/8/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed our quiet dining experience in a private booth at Giardina's, situated in The Alluvian Hotel in Greenwood. 2 of us had delicious appetizers, seafood gumbo and shrimp cocktail. 3 of us ordered the Trio, 4 each of Oysters Rockefeller, Bienville, and Giardina. They were scrumptious. The other person in our party stated the lasagna was the best he had ever had. We shared desserts, the Delta Delight pound cake and the Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce -- the perfect end to a wonderful dining experience! Our server, Terrye D, was very friendly and attentive and her service was timely. We highly recommend Giardina's and will definitely return to try some of the many other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the areaTwodoctorsDined on 3/28/2014The experience was good, and certainly it was a privilege to be able to stay on location while staying at the alluvian. We had the fried green tomato appetizer and salad and entree. Our dessert was a perfect ending. I will go back, but admittedly I have been spoiled by other restarants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Service was very slow and our server seemed to be under the influence. Food was good but excessive wait time. Overall experience wasn't great at all.
- Had a great meal with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Had a great meal with a great server for a special anniversary. Was somewhat surprised at the "privacy" behind the curtains and was a little taken back! Might give customers a choice when making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Food was really good but the service was poor. We had reservations and showed up 5mins prior and waited 10 mins for a hostess. Then the server was slow and uninformed. We sat with empty glasses multiple times. The food was very good but it took a very long time. Overall a 5 out of 10. Expected much better as have eaten here in the past and it was much better.
- AwesomeRichandKathyDined on 2/28/2014Giardina's was everything we had heard it to be. Outstanding menu, and awesome food (don't overlook the tamales on the appetizer list - they were GOOD!). The steaks we had were perfect, as were the side dishes. Service was good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish very fresh and perfectlyKen29VIPDined on 2/27/2014The fish very fresh and perfectly cooked. The raw oysters delicious- not common variety at all.Special Features:
- Outstanding outing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014We had a very enjoyable time. Our waitress was unbelievably funny and on top of things. Our food was amazing from the bread to the dessert we couldn't have been happier. Thank u giardini's for providing an excellent girls weekend dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.