635 East Lake Street
Wayzata, MN 55391Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giannis-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9524041100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open weekdays at 7am for breakfast. Open weekends for brunch at 9am. Lunch is served daily until 2:30pm. From 2:30pm-5pm we offer a limited menu. Dinner service begins daily at 5pm. We offer a weekday happy hour from 4pm-6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Steve Vranian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will create a menu for your special party based on your guests and budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Gianni's offers a semi-private area accommodating up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Greta Seiffert 9524041100x107
- Entertainment: Happy Hour!!! Monday through Friday -4:00pm to 6:00pm. Great drink specials!
- Special Events: Come in and try our new Bar Menu for lighter fare. Now offering Dockside To Go. Simply call in your order and we will deliver your meal directly to your boat.
A word from Gianni's Steakhouse
Gianni's Steakhouse is an upscale restaurant for all ages to enjoy. In addition to USDA certified, aged, center-cut beef, Gianni's also offers chops, chicken & seafood. All entrees are accompanied by the infamous tableside "spun" Caesar salad. Invite your friends out tonight for a "Gianni's Experience."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gianni's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Minneapolis ›
Gianni's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great for later in the dayYum56Dined on 7/28/2014Love Gianni's for lunch, happy hour & dinner. However we were disappointed in the breakfast. A bit expensive for what you got. I know they are trying to pick up the old Sunset's breakfast crowd - but Sunset's prices were much more reasonable. I'll keep coming to Gianni's, just not for breakfast.Special Features:
- Gianni's Rocks WayzataReviewsJPLDined on 6/15/2014Huge fan of the food, the service and the ambiance of Gianni's steakhouse in Wayzata. It feels like an upscale cheers in the beautiful neighborhood of downtown Wayzata. You will not be disappointed! The Potato Papallet and spun salad is their specialty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 556 reviews are from the Gianni's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Wrong reservationsluvwineandfoodDined on 2/23/2014Dined last night at the Capitol Grill and I messed up the reservations on a special occasion. As we were looking another place to eat, Allen Witcher stepped in and worked his magic. What could have been an awful evening turned out quite nice and had an excellent time. Food was great, service impeccable and management outstanding. This is why I return to Capital Grill for business lunch and special occasions. Thank you Capital Grill.Special Features:
- Great foodRonGDined on 6/26/2013Always a good place to eat for me. No complaintsSpecial Features:
- We love Gianni's!!! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We love Gianni's!!! The service was wonderful and, of course, the food awesome! We were celebrating 2 birthdays and looking forward to being there again!!! *Actually, I made reservations and so did my daughter for the 6 of us. I apologize for the mix-up, but we only needed one table of 6... Sorry if this caused any inconvenience..Special Features:
- Great food in a classic setting...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013With all of the flavor of the classic steakhouse, Gianni's did not disappoint! The atmosphere was quiet and inviting. The food was fantastic! From the unique arrangement of the Grilled Shrimp cocktail - that was a marvelous starter, to the Top Sirloin that was flavorful and tender. The wine selection was plentiful. Our 'after dinner' Grasshopper was a great way to finish off a truly wonderful dining experience. The staff was attentive, polished and professional. They made you feel welcomed and at ease. I highly recommend Gianni's for an entertaining night out with friends, family or that special someone in your life.Special Features:
- Anniversay nite outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Our Experience; We hadnt been to Giannis for years .Some one gave us a gift card. so we used it for our annivesary dinner. It was wonderful. we asked questions about food and the wine. The wine the waitress suggested was wonderful for what I liked. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great place! Energetic noisesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013Great place! Energetic noises levels, awesome service! We had the table side spun salads, aged Duroc Pork chops, Filet Mignon, potatoes Papallette, Crispy Seasame Soy Green Beans and they surprised us with a slice of the flourless chocolate cake. All the food was AMAZING! We took home a lot of leftovers! We had a bottle of Malbec and another glass with dessert. We really enjoyed our special evening out! Our bill with tip came about $210. We felt the cost was worth such an enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- I brought my bf, its his firstMonicaDined on 1/29/2013I brought my bf, its his first time and his birthday. I have dine before and love it in the past. My walleye came out from a hot plate. I end up burning my my mouth after one bite. It would be nice if the server would of warn me that the plate was super hot. Also, the place was not busy and service was so slow. We wait for our drink to come at least 15 minute. our apptiz order was at least 15 minutes. we are not happy after walking with a large bills. I would expect the place have fast service like before.Special Features:
- Our meals were a step aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2013Our meals were a step above 1st class and Mike is the perfect server.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, food and serviceaej123Dined on 1/18/2013Unfortunately, food and service have both gone down considerably over the past few years. We used to really enjoy Gianni's. Not sure why it has gone down hill, but they need to make some changes. Wait staff is unfriendly and very inattentive. They make you feel like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. There is no consistency. There are a bunch of random people waiting on you- one taking your order, one bringing you food, one taking your plates away, one asking you if you want dessert. The normal server hardly ever checked on us and we had to flag her down to order another round of drinks. She walked right past our table without stopping. Will not be coming back to eat soon until some changes are made.
- Excellent - should be for the priceTimothyVIPDined on 1/12/2013Always a pleasure to go to Gianni's. The service is very good, the food is excellent - asi it should be at these prices. We had steaks and the side spun salad, which is fun old school throwback where they prepare it at the table and give you numerous options for toppings and accents. Steak was perfectly prepared and we had sides of cream corn and hash browns, which were amazing. My only complaint is the cost. Very expensive for a suburban steakhouse. I may be in the minority in this thinking since the place is always busy.Special Features:
- It is always a pleasure goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013It is always a pleasure going to Giannis. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the waitstaff superb!
- Awesom dry-aged NY stripSweetmanVIPDined on 1/12/2013We've eaten at Gianni's many times, although neither my wife nor I are big meat eaters. On this occasion we shared a dry-aged NY strip that was out of this world. We love the salad, and the sides are also good.Special Features:
- 3rd date!RockyDined on 1/10/2013Awesome, we'll be back!From start to finish it was excellent!Special Features:
- It was our 41st anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013It was our 41st anniversary. We had a truly awesome dinner and the waiter was just perfect. He recommended dishes and he was right- it was perfect. i loved the fact that we never felt hurried. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- My husband and I both hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2013My husband and I both had the petite lunch Filet, best steak we've ever had!!! Awesome wine and our server was awesome!! Definately going back!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, atmosphere, serviceJJdineVIPDined on 12/30/2012Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere. The new owner has done wonderful things for the restaurant by adding lunch service, new menu items, outdoor seating, and dockside service. They always accommodate even last minute requests for reservations. Servers are always prompt, cheerful, and polite. The steaks are outstanding but the chicken and seafood are excellent, especially for a steakhouse. Portions are large and the sides are meant to be shared. Even then, you frequently go home with doggie bags. Dessert is very good--especially the apple cobbler with the vanilla bean ice cream! I am thrilled this restaurant is so close to home for me. It is the best in the area! On par with Manny's--just a more intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was very memorablefondyDined on 12/28/2012The food was very memorable with a nice variety of flavors. Neither of us had steak, but our seafood choices were wonderful. Both of us really appreciated the room within a room concept with the booths that allowed us to easily converse without having to raise our voices. Our server was attentive and genuinely friendly without hovering. We enjoyed all aspects of our dining experience.Special Features:
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Very good foodFew but excellent French winesQuiet enough to facilitate intimate conversations!(party of four)Very good service.I am normally not responding to this inquiey, but the evening was such a pleasure on all accounts that i keep recommending to friends.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent,RafeDined on 12/24/2012Food and service were excellent, a bit pricey, white tablecloth prices without a white tablecloth ambiance, very noisy, TV's were showing sports which we found a bit unusual. Would go back for special occasions only.Special Features:
- We go to Gianni's often. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/23/2012We go to Gianni's often. This is the first time we were all not happy with our food. My son's steak was over cooked and my wife's salmon was boring to fishy tasting. The salad is always wonderful and was once again. We go for my wife's birthday every year and this is the first time we had any complaints and the first time anyone suggested we find another place for next years dinner.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2012This was our first visit to Gianni's. The food and service were fantastic.I would highly recommend Gianni's to everyone.Special Features:
- The food is great but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012The food is great but very expensive. After dinner we ordered key lime pie, which was very very good, but a very small piece for the price. It's a place for a special occasion! Expect to pay $75.00-100.00 per person.Special Features:
- Table side Caesar salad wasanthonyVIPDined on 12/17/2012Table side Caesar salad was great. I ordered the bison steak, and was underwhelmed. The recommendation was medium rare, which in hindsight was too rare. This is a quality place though. I am willing to go back for a second try.Special Features:
- Had reservation for 6 pm.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012Had reservation for 6 pm. At 6:45 our table was cleared even though some had not finished their meal. Very rushed.
- Spectacular food and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Spectacular food and ambience. Consistantly the best!Special Features:
- Service was good, and foodBlondeeDined on 12/8/2012Service was good, and food prepared perfectly, but the filet mignon lacked flavor. The tablesalad that is prepared at the table was good.
- We hadn't been to Gianni'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012We hadn't been to Gianni's in years and decided to give it another try. The food was impeccable and there was very little noise. The ambience was great. We'll definitely be back more often!Special Features:
- The food and service is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012The food and service is always great! Favorite spot,Special Features:
- Where is the italian touch?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012I was in Wayzata for business and I liked very much the chance to reserve online in the fastest way. Very good meat, nice ambient, but a question: the Steakhouse is described as an italian restaurant, but I couldn't find any italian memory... However, now I'm back to Italy and can tell everybody that I found a very nice place.Special Features:
- From the moment we arrived,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2012From the moment we arrived, everyone was so friendly, helpful, and great service. We moved from the back of the restaurant to a booth and the ladies at the front could not be nicer about it. The food, was perfect as always!! It was a family dinner and we all had great food and wonderful experience!! THANK YOU Gianni's.Special Features:
- Overall good although theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2012Overall good although the food is a bit salty. We aren't big fans of heavy salt so that was a turnoff for us.
- Good local Steakhouse, notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Good local Steakhouse, not a top tear destination.Special Features:
- The experience was great.mickDined on 11/16/2012The experience was great. The food was lovely. However, server was a little sullen. as well as absent some of the time.Special Features:
- I'm sorry but I don't haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012I'm sorry but I don't have a good response this time. The lamb was rare and they ran out of mint jelly, which is a must. French onions soup was like eating 2 full onions w/no broth. Our 2 -4 oz steaks were to be med. and came to us pretty bloody red. Pork chops were topped w/chutney but asked for sauted mushrooms as well and they put both options on the top instead of having one on the side. The garlic mashed potatoes weren't really garlic tasting they just has real garlic cloves chunked on top, Buca's garlic mashed are way better. I would of rather went to a finer steak house down town mpls. intead.
- great food, good service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012great food, good service! delicious table side salad!Special Features:
- Always consistent, excellentJJdineVIPDined on 11/10/2012Always consistent, excellent food and service. Steak, pasta, chicken, fish are all wonderfully done. Breadbasket can't be beat! Apple crisp dessert was to die for and even more than enough for 3 of us.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service & AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012I took my parents there for a "thank you" dinner. It has been 3 days now and they are still talking about the great service & ambiance, the steak prepared exactly as it was ordered, how fresh the asparagus was and the extensive wine list. Hint: Go before sunset and you can see Lake Minnetonka from the window tables!Special Features:
- Just an average meal. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Just an average meal. The past two time we have been to Gianni's the food has NOT been the exceptional experience we have had in the past. Pretty disappointing for the price.