Gianni's Cafe - Palatine
18 W. Station St. (a.k.a 18 W. Railroad Ave.)
Palatine, IL 60067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gianni's Cafe - Palatine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://gianniscafe.com/
- Phone: 8479911416
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday: closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our entire menu is available for on-site and off-premise functions. We can customize any menu to fit your catering needs. We also can provide a serving staff & bartenders to work your catered events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have one private dining room that holds up to 32 people in our Palatine restaurant. The Palatine location can be reserved in its entirety and accommodate parties of up to 160 people. We also have two semi-private rooms. The semi-private room in Palatine can accommodate up to 50 people and Kildeer up to 90.
- Private Party Contact: John Kutrubis 8479911416
- Entertainment: Gianni"s Cafe in Palatine features weekly live entertainment on Wednesday evenings. The entertainment schedule does change, so please check our website for updates. gianniscafe.com
A word from Gianni's Cafe - Palatine
For the past 7 years we have been serving some of the freshest seafood, pasta and other Italian entrees in the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to present authentic Italian dishes from all parts of Italy. Our families origins span Italy from Bari in the south to Siena in the north. We bring our family recipes to your table for you to enjoy just as our families have enjoyed for generations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gianni's Cafe - Palatine - Best Restaurants in Palatine ›
Gianni's Cafe - Palatine reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (38)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (35)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very EnjoyableJimboDined on 10/25/2014We have not been at Gianni's in some time. I decided to go and celebrate my wife's and our friends birthday. Good choice as the food and service was top notch and a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Our current experiencedancersDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I enjoy dining at Gianni's Cafe. However on this occasion we had a table of eight. For some reason they crammed us in next to a large party which made it difficult to get around our table. The food is without question, GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Food was great however was seated in front of kitchen-why make reservations so far in advance when they give you the nosiest seat in the house?????? People with no reservations got a better seat than us. How do I know, because I was right behind them and heard the whole conversation. Need more than "young" girls to be the hostess!
- Great Italian restaurantFischDined on 10/11/2014While we prefer the Deer Park venue- we had a wonderful dinner with friends! Service was good- food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gret ValueWGN15111VIPDined on 9/28/2014Went to Gianni's for Sunday Brunch. Food was excellent and with a good variety of choices. If you are looking for a large bountiful buffet, this is not the place. However the 20+ hot and cold choices they offer are very well prepared and of high quality like their dinner entrees. Cheap Mimosas and Bloody Mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as usualpalatinedining2014Dined on 9/25/2014Always a pleasant dining experience. Food was very good, service was excellentSpecial Features:
- WonderfulIknowItalianfoodDined on 9/21/2014We wanted to take my parents somewhere special (but reasonably priced) for their 51st wedding anniversary. Gianni's Cafe came highly recommended for Sunday brunch. Everyone loved it! Food was delicious. They are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatHiggsDined on 9/12/2014The service is consistently good and the food never fails to exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Great food and servicelovegoodfoodDined on 9/7/2014The food was delicious and the portions were large. We both took leftovers home. Our waitress Beth was delightful. The bussers were on top of everything. For us this is a special occasion restaurant because it is a moderately priced menu but we did each make two meals out of our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely noisy!MWonayVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious and the service was very good but the noise level was annoying!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a neighborhood feelGuests2UDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service, family friendly yet the feel of a special occasion. While our wait person was a little slow, others were quick to fill water glasses, remove plates, etc.--paying attention to our pace of eating. Prices for what we ate were on the high side, but plenty of cheaper selections. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable dinner w/friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We've had dinner at Gianni's Palatine location on a number of occasions. The food has always been consistently very good to excellent - Italian favorites we love, and we have a couple of favorites on the wine list that they always have available. While noise levels and service have sometimes not been quite as good as the food and wine, this was not one of those times - all was great, and the friends we brought with us thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well. Have to tell you - the staff at the "front of the house", particlarly the maitre d' could use some work on their "bedside manner". Their interaction was indifferent, automatic, and borderline unfriendly, just don't seem to "get" it. Fortunately everything else made up for that...
- Always great!Paulie916Dined on 8/23/2014Gianni's is a neighborhood find. The food quality is always high and the entrees come out hot. You know your going to have a great meal at Gianni's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceENG17Dined on 8/23/2014As the title says, great food and attentive service. Have yet to try something we haven' t liked. Pasta Bolognese very good, as is Chicken Marsala. Great place for a date night!Special Features:
- Painfully slow serviceLikesgdfd01Dined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious. However, our server was completely inattentive. It took 45 minutes to have the soup and salad delivered. She tried to take plates away while my husband was still eating his entree. Normally we have desert with a meal but decided against because of the service. It was very convenient to have valet service.Special Features:
- PleasedPleasedVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food is always good, the portions are hugh, and the prices are within reason.Special Features:
- MK49MK49Dined on 8/16/2014Ww always have a great experience at Gianni's! It's one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchTsrn1Dined on 8/10/2014We have been to Sunday brunch a few times. It is very good.Special Features:
- Best Italian in the BurbsIowaBoyDined on 8/9/2014We go to Gianni's for many special occasions and when we are in the mood for outstanding Italian food. We have frequented many different establishments, but Gianni's is always at the top of our list. Prices are fair and the portions are plentiful.Special Features:
- PizzPizzDined on 8/8/2014Nice dinner - plenty of food! Good location to Cutting Hall and train station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner49nDatingDined on 8/2/2014great experience, great food up scale atmosphere, nice place for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkGlenellyn1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Had the country rigatoni, the chicken was over cooked, very dry couldn't eat. My wife's chicken piccata was cooked right. Portions are large so we split hers. Service is very good and not rushed, very relaxing. Food seemed better at Kildeer location, We will try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gianni's is excellentjeffhDined on 8/2/2014Great food, great service, mid range pricing. Always excellent.Special Features:
- mickeykVIPDined on 8/1/2014Honored our reservation for 8. Excellent food and service. Just a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableBobbieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been to Gianni's many times and have always found the food and service to be consistently excellent. The food is alwys served piping hot and very flavorful. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the salmon with risotto. My veal Milanese was a very generous portion of thinly breaded and delicious pieces of veal. We would definitely recommend Gianni's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids & mother-in-law can celebratetable4twoDined on 7/25/2014Attentive service. Great menu for special family gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious offerings!DKTHEPROMOTERDined on 7/11/2014Having been to Gianni's many times over the past several years, we have always been pleased with food and service, and our visit the other night was another great dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very welcoming...zek8139Dined on 7/10/2014Best I can say is the bread with garlic olive oil is delish. Waitress would come and then disappear for several minutes at a time. The bartender not very friendly made us feel as tho we asked to much of her when we inquired about types of beer they offered. Never smiled and we couldnt wait to be seated only to find it didnt get any better. Now we can say we tried it and wont be back. Plenty of restaurants to chose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014I absolutly love this little spot. Best brushetta I have ever had. I love that the staff does not "hover" over you to order. They allow you ample time to enjoy your appetizer or drinks; I never feel like my meal is rushed when I come here. I have not tasted one bad thing from the kitchen.Special Features:
- The following 391 reviews are from the Gianni's Cafe - Palatine reviews archive.
- Fun with FriendsClevor1VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a great dinner! 6 of us enjoyed a round table in a corner - perfect for conversation and visiting with our friends. We weren't rushed by the very attentive wait staff. Food was very good - traditional Italian fare. Ambience is very welcoming!Special Features:
- LenBDined on 6/27/2014I had the veal parmagiana. It was very good. The only problem was that about 1/4 of it was not tender. Other than that, it was very good. A slightly larger portion of pasta side dish would have been nice. The others had chicken parmagiana and poached salmon. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic resturantnoname20Dined on 6/21/2014everyone in our group loved there food and dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 6/20/2014My girlfriend and I decided to dine at the very spacious, awesome bar. Our drinks were wonderful, the bartender/server Kalista (?) was attentive, friendly, and intuitive. The food was incredible!! LindaSpecial Features:
- Good Job in Progressasdf1234VIPDined on 6/19/2014Gianni's does a real good job. Comfortable atmosphere, great food and service. Worth the visit.Special Features:
- Great outside diningluv2dineVIPDined on 6/17/2014We enjoyed a beautiful summer evening on the sidewalk café in front of Gianni's. We asked for outside dining (even thought it was hot outside and no tables were set up). They set up a table for us. Our server was excellent! She had to run in and out of the restaurant for us as we were sitting outside and never complained. The food was excellent as well. An overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Good food and service but noisyDebdinesDined on 6/14/2014Great eggplant parm and clams as well as fresh fish specials. Service was attentive yet not overbearing. Only issue is the noise level. Energetic vibe but if you are looking for a romantic place I would go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MK49Dined on 6/14/2014We absolutely love Gianni's!!! The food is always great and the service is excellent!! We also love the atmosphere. Our amount of people in our party changed and they were very accommodating. We went to the bar first and had a drink and fun with the bartenders, Ryan and Milayna. Then we were seated for dinner and had Jen for our server. She provided excellent service for our table and was very informative about the menu. We frequent the restaurant because of the food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice "go to" restaurantGottaGoDined on 6/8/2014My family and I visit Gianni's about once a month. I've had bad meals there in the past but haven't given up on them. I like our neighborhood businesses to survive and thrive! The good news is that they've become consistently good. All 7 of us had great meals. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the house salad was lacking. It was pretty much only lettuce.Special Features:
- Outside diningluv2dineVIPDined on 6/6/2014Outside dining was great, even in spite of the trains. I would highly recommend sitting outside at a table on their "sidewalk cafe" on a beautiful summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect outdoor weather for dinnerPlinkVIPDined on 5/30/2014We lucked out with perfect outdoor weather. Not too hot or cold and before any real insects found us. There is not a lot of seating outside and the parking of the cars right next to you is not the best, but we liked it. The trains were rare enough not to be a problem. I had the chicken Milanese and my wife had the Salmon special which she loved. My only complaints are I wish I had a second lemon to squeeze, the lemon got my hands sticky/dirty, and being outside and at the end, it was sometimes a wait for our waitress to come around. However, our waitress was great, both friendly and helpful.Special Features: