Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer
20505 N Rand Rd
Kildeer, IL 60047Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gianniscafe.com/
- Phone: (847) 550-8872
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu is available for on-site and off-premise functions. We can customize any menu to fit your catering needs. We also can provide a serving staff & bartenders to work your catered events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have one private dining room that holds up to 32 people in our Palatine restaurant. The Palatine location can be reserved in its entirety and accommodate parties of up to 160 people. We also have two semi-private rooms. The semi-private room in Palatine can accommodate up to 50 people and Kildeer up to 90
- Private Party Contact: Jen Chanda 8475508872
A word from Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer
For the past 10 years we have been serving some of the freshest seafood, pasta and other Italian entrees in the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to present authentic Italian dishes from all parts of Italy. Our families origins span Italy from Bari in the south to Siena in the north. We bring our family recipes to your table for you to enjoy just as our families have enjoyed for generations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer - Best Restaurants in Kildeer ›
Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (9)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- loud, small place but great fooditsmeDined on 11/14/2014Parking was pretty easy to find on a Friday night (no valet.) It was very crowded from the moment that we opened the front door (no room there and you immediately walk into the hostess stand just a foot or two inside the door.) Although it was crowded, our table was ready immediately w/our reservation. Was glad to have made a reservation after seeing a packed bar with people we assumed were waiting for tables. Our server was attentive (as was the person with water refills.) However, because space was so tight, servers & busboys kept bumping into the back of my chair and my coat on the back of the chair the entire time. There just wasn't room for them to get by. The food was excellent. Our dining companion loved his minestrone soup (the best he's ever had) and I *loved* the salad with grilled calamari. Generous portions. The wine options were a bit expensive but not terrible. We'd definitely come back again but on a non weekend night. Noticed that they have a cafe/deli next door that I believe was even open when we left @ 8pm - Probably a nice "on the run" option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOutstandingVIPDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. We both ordered veal and it was very tough. Salad and pasta were good. Drinks were very weak. I feel it was very expensive for what we received.
- Gianni's First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014We dined here early on a Saturday night - three of us. They pack them in this place - very small and tight quarters! The wait staff had a bit of confusion as to who covered our table so we waited more than usual when we first sat down until I asked the bus staff to send over our server. Yummy bread! The menu was average Italian, but the food was really excellent for the most part. I highly recommend the cheese lasagne with Bolognese and we also shared the grilled calamari which was prepared with lemons and sun dried tomatoes and asparagus and was just really well done. The Putenesca my friend had was not as good as he expected but everything else was yummy, large portions, bill was very reasonable and this is a place I'd go back to.Special Features:
- Gianni's CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2014Had a very pleasant time there and the service and food was fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeDRN22Dined on 10/25/2014Gianni's is always awesome between the food and the service. For sure not to disappoint. Make reservations because this is a diamond in the rough.Special Features:
- Second time OutstandingMartinDined on 10/25/2014Originally there were four of us and we went on a Saturday eve at 7pm. We did have reservations. The restaurant is small. Seats approximately 80. We did have to wait 25 minutes. The food was outstanding and overshadowed any wait. This time it was my wife and I and we made reservations for Sat. at 4pm. Time was perfect. Again, the food was the draw. It was outstanding. Gianni's is a definite find. We traveled one hour to Kildeer and it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent food and service every time! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- A Special AnniversaryCindyVIPDined on 10/20/2014We went to Gianni's to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Our server was very accommodating and even served us a huge complimentary bowl of spumoni for dessert. It was a very nice dinner and we had plenty of leftovers to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, outstanding foodBarrydogVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was absolutely terrific. I had the soup of the day a shrimp and fish tomato broth which had great chucks of fish and outstanding rich flavor, my wife had the minestrone which she said was one of the best minestrone soups she ever had. Entrees my wife had the Tortellini con Prosciutto which was creamy and rich a bowl of goodness with enough for two meals. I ask our waitress Sheereen for suggestion and she recommended the Veal Napoleon - wow if you want great flavor with rich taste and enough for three people order this dish. Stacks of veal, egg plant and mozzarella cheese with a sauce mix of marinara and alfrefdo - just say wow! We had a great server in Sheereen who made the night just wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/10/2014We've eaten here numerous times. It was a full house, but we got seated on time from out Open Table reservation. Service was fast and friendly, food is delicious. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Not much room for waiting for tables but worth the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodTellyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Always wonderful dinning experience. Delicious food. Love this restaurant. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014The noise level at Gianni's is high so go later in the evening because the food is very good!!! You can choose your favorite pasta and put almost any sauce on it. They also have they also have a large menu of other dishes and one of my favorites is the lemon chicken. They also have a wonderful lemon cake for dessert.
- Great outdoor diningCeeDawgVIPDined on 9/6/2014A real local find among in the heart of corporate suburban restaurantsSpecial Features:
- back to the originalPlinkVIPDined on 9/5/2014We go to the Gianni's in Palatine more lately. Good to go back to the one we discovered years ago. The food was very good, as usual. My wife's lamb chops were good, but she was a little disappointed in the small portion size (she is very petite so this is not a common complaint). My chicken francese was very good, but I liked it better when they used to pound the chicken into thin layers. The carrot cake for desert was nice but too big. we split it and could not finish it. Instead of a huge $11 desert, I'd rather see one half the size and half the price. Despite all this, I'm sure we will go back again.
- Great LunchJulieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Had a great lunch on the patio .... the pasta dish -- pasta with spinach and ricotta was amazing. House salad with gorgonzola and balsamic, delicious .. a little too much garlic in the olive oil, parmesan for bread dipping.
- Great FoodMommaBrojDined on 8/31/2014As always we enjoyed our dinner at Gianni. The Lasagna continues to be a favorite. Although I tried the baked mostaccoli and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the exterior suggestsPeggyDined on 8/29/2014I've driven past this restaurant for years and never dreamed that it was a white tablecloth restaurant. I assumed it was a pizza place. We greatly enjoyed our meal of veal braciole. They have a pretty extensive selection of wines by the glass which we sampled and enjoyed our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice change of pace..D2luvfoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014From other alternatives in our area. Very well prepared food, nice menu of choices, and not a large, cold, big chain sort of place. We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Great serviceBobbyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The server we had Saturday night was terrific. A party of 12 and she got everything correct. We were in our way to a concert and this was terrific!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!tfmcaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Gianni's Kildeer is one of my favorite client lunch spots! Great location, terrific food, casual and comfortable atmosphere. Lots of selections on the menu to please even the pickiest of clients. The service is top notch. I eat here frequently and have never been disappointed with the food or the service, both are always exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/4/2014The food was well prepared and tasty. The server was attentive and pleasant. We enjoyed the ambiance and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood ItalianBorn2RunDined on 8/2/2014This is a favorite spot of mine. The food is always top notch, and the wait staff is friendly and accommodating. This place will alter entrees and I have even been offered things not on the menu. Prices are on the high side for a strip mall dining experience, but more than fair for the quality of the food and service. It is ALWAYS busy, so I suggest a reservation. That said, I have shown up and not waited too long. Definitely worth checking out! The Country Rigatoni is especially good.Special Features:
- Late outdoor LunchJulieVIPDined on 7/29/2014We had an excellent outdoor dining experience. They have a nice collection of 25 wines for $25 on Tuesdays. Nice relaxing late lunch. We split an entrée and they did a fabulous job. Thanks Gianni's. See you next time!
- Mussels & Calamaripat9639Dined on 7/26/2014The mussels in a red Arribiata sauce was outstanding, had a nice bite, The Sicilian style calamari was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer reviews archive.
- Sunday Late LunchJulieVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed a fabulous outdoor sunday lunch. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.
- Just rightgolfladyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Gianni's was just the place to catch up with some friends. The food was tasty and quite filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good start, poor finishTKLZVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been here several times and the food is always good. It is very small so the tables are close and it can be loud. During this visit the food was good as usual and the service started well but once we got our food we could never find our server and it took forever to get the check.Special Features:
- Another great experience!DRN22Dined on 6/28/2014Gianni's Cafe is awesome as usual. Food is outstanding and service is excellent. Seated promptly and the wait staff does an excellent job of knowing their menu and repeat customers. Capped off an excellent meal by stopping next door in their cafe for gelato, which was out of this world.Special Features:
- Perfect for anniversary dinnerCardsGirlDined on 6/20/2014The food was delicious, the wine was too, and the garlic/olive oil dipping sauce for the bread was fantastic! One of the specials sounded good to me other than the sauce, but then the waiter happened to mention that you can order most dishes with one of a number of sauces, so I did that and it was really good. The restaurant is a little noisy, but nothing that will keep you from being able to hear your dining companionsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014The food is excellent whether you select from the specials, the menu or design your own creation. Service is outstanding. The only complaint is that it is a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealJodyLDined on 6/14/2014We've been to Gianni's cafe in the past and I really enjoyed my meal. This time, our meals we just so-so and they came out luke warm. I don't know if it was the specific evening or the food we chose, but it was good, but nothing special this time. I will go back, but will probably stick to their speciality pastas and meat dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!! Great food !!!MRluv2dineDined on 6/8/2014Great food !! Great service!! We have been coming here for years and it is always always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gianni's Was So-SoItalianFoodLuvrDined on 6/6/2014We were very disappointed in this restaurant. The ambience was terrible. The tables were too close together and the noise level was way too high. The food was fine, nothing special. Not a romantic place at all if that's what you are looking for.Special Features:
- A little Italian heaven on earthDebthedinerDined on 5/31/2014I had the country rigatoni, which was very tasty. The chicken was moist, the peas were sweet, the crumbled sausage in there had just a hint of spiciness and the sauce was very creamy. My husband created a pasta dish, which he enjoyed being able to pick what when into the dish. The waiter was attentive and yet not hovering. Our salads came quickly and the entrees came reasonably after we finished the salads. We took part of our meals home because we knew the carrot cake was amazing to eat. It is moist, with raisins, carrots, nuts, and of course you can't forget the wonderful cream cheese frosting! The slice is so huge, four people could share it. Our dining partners had the chocolate cake and said that it too was a mouthful of heavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service/mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2014I love this restaurant, but the night we were there the service was horrible. Our waitress was not very attentive and we waited a long period of time until we had our drinks refilled. I was really disappointed overall. The food was good, not great. I had the chicken milanese and the potatoes that came with the entree were very dry. They tasted old, not moist or fresh. My salad was doused with dressing which made it very hard to eat. I would suggest getting the dressing on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place for lunch!tfmcaVIPDined on 5/19/2014Gianni's never disappoints, still my favorite place for lunch, business & personal. Great atmosphere, excellent service, but the food stands on it's own.Special Features:
- Awesome food - very very energeticBobSchramDined on 5/17/2014The food is fabulous, as well as cocktails and wine list. However, even though we were able to get a last minute reservation we ended up waiting about 35 minutes. This is a very energetic place inside, but great fun, and if the weather is good and you can get a table on the patio it's less noisy. Service was pretty rough because the restaurant was very busy (Saturday night at prime time), but the restaurant made it up to us. If you can hit this place at a less busy time it would be 5 stars all the way. The great food makes up for any flaws. Worth the effort!! Prices are reasonable. Martinis are top notch! Wine list is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianSteakVIPDined on 5/16/2014Always great food and service. One of our favorite Italian Restaurants.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & Service!!debbiDined on 5/13/2014Absolutely love this restaurant -- been there several times and have never had a negative experience or poor food choice. Menu additions regularly and wonderful wait staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.