Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer
20505 N Rand Rd
Kildeer, IL 60047Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gianniscafe.com/
- Phone: 8475508872
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu is available for on-site and off-premise functions. We can customize any menu to fit your catering needs. We also can provide a serving staff & bartenders to work your catered events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have one private dining room that holds up to 32 people in our Palatine restaurant. The Palatine location can be reserved in its entirety and accommodate parties of up to 160 people. We also have two semi-private rooms. The semi-private room in Palatine can accommodate up to 50 people and Kildeer up to 90
- Private Party Contact: Jen Chanda 8475508872
A word from Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer
For the past 10 years we have been serving some of the freshest seafood, pasta and other Italian entrees in the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to present authentic Italian dishes from all parts of Italy. Our families origins span Italy from Bari in the south to Siena in the north. We bring our family recipes to your table for you to enjoy just as our families have enjoyed for generations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer - Best Restaurants in Kildeer ›
Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experience, outstanding foodBarrydogVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was absolutely terrific. I had the soup of the day a shrimp and fish tomato broth which had great chucks of fish and outstanding rich flavor, my wife had the minestrone which she said was one of the best minestrone soups she ever had. Entrees my wife had the Tortellini con Prosciutto which was creamy and rich a bowl of goodness with enough for two meals. I ask our waitress Sheereen for suggestion and she recommended the Veal Napoleon - wow if you want great flavor with rich taste and enough for three people order this dish. Stacks of veal, egg plant and mozzarella cheese with a sauce mix of marinara and alfrefdo - just say wow! We had a great server in Sheereen who made the night just wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/10/2014We've eaten here numerous times. It was a full house, but we got seated on time from out Open Table reservation. Service was fast and friendly, food is delicious. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Not much room for waiting for tables but worth the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodTellyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Always wonderful dinning experience. Delicious food. Love this restaurant. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014The noise level at Gianni's is high so go later in the evening because the food is very good!!! You can choose your favorite pasta and put almost any sauce on it. They also have they also have a large menu of other dishes and one of my favorites is the lemon chicken. They also have a wonderful lemon cake for dessert.
- Great outdoor diningCeeDawgDined on 9/6/2014A real local find among in the heart of corporate suburban restaurantsSpecial Features:
- back to the originalPlinkVIPDined on 9/5/2014We go to the Gianni's in Palatine more lately. Good to go back to the one we discovered years ago. The food was very good, as usual. My wife's lamb chops were good, but she was a little disappointed in the small portion size (she is very petite so this is not a common complaint). My chicken francese was very good, but I liked it better when they used to pound the chicken into thin layers. The carrot cake for desert was nice but too big. we split it and could not finish it. Instead of a huge $11 desert, I'd rather see one half the size and half the price. Despite all this, I'm sure we will go back again.
- Great LunchJulieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Had a great lunch on the patio .... the pasta dish -- pasta with spinach and ricotta was amazing. House salad with gorgonzola and balsamic, delicious .. a little too much garlic in the olive oil, parmesan for bread dipping.
- Great FoodMommaBrojDined on 8/31/2014As always we enjoyed our dinner at Gianni. The Lasagna continues to be a favorite. Although I tried the baked mostaccoli and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the exterior suggestsPeggyDined on 8/29/2014I've driven past this restaurant for years and never dreamed that it was a white tablecloth restaurant. I assumed it was a pizza place. We greatly enjoyed our meal of veal braciole. They have a pretty extensive selection of wines by the glass which we sampled and enjoyed our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice change of pace..D2luvfoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014From other alternatives in our area. Very well prepared food, nice menu of choices, and not a large, cold, big chain sort of place. We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Great serviceBobbyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The server we had Saturday night was terrific. A party of 12 and she got everything correct. We were in our way to a concert and this was terrific!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!tfmcaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Gianni's Kildeer is one of my favorite client lunch spots! Great location, terrific food, casual and comfortable atmosphere. Lots of selections on the menu to please even the pickiest of clients. The service is top notch. I eat here frequently and have never been disappointed with the food or the service, both are always exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/4/2014The food was well prepared and tasty. The server was attentive and pleasant. We enjoyed the ambiance and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood ItalianBorn2RunDined on 8/2/2014This is a favorite spot of mine. The food is always top notch, and the wait staff is friendly and accommodating. This place will alter entrees and I have even been offered things not on the menu. Prices are on the high side for a strip mall dining experience, but more than fair for the quality of the food and service. It is ALWAYS busy, so I suggest a reservation. That said, I have shown up and not waited too long. Definitely worth checking out! The Country Rigatoni is especially good.Special Features:
- Late outdoor LunchJulieVIPDined on 7/29/2014We had an excellent outdoor dining experience. They have a nice collection of 25 wines for $25 on Tuesdays. Nice relaxing late lunch. We split an entrée and they did a fabulous job. Thanks Gianni's. See you next time!
- Mussels & Calamaripat9639Dined on 7/26/2014The mussels in a red Arribiata sauce was outstanding, had a nice bite, The Sicilian style calamari was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Late LunchJulieVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed a fabulous outdoor sunday lunch. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.
- Just rightgolfladyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Gianni's was just the place to catch up with some friends. The food was tasty and quite filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good start, poor finishTKLZVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been here several times and the food is always good. It is very small so the tables are close and it can be loud. During this visit the food was good as usual and the service started well but once we got our food we could never find our server and it took forever to get the check.Special Features:
- Another great experience!DRN22Dined on 6/28/2014Gianni's Cafe is awesome as usual. Food is outstanding and service is excellent. Seated promptly and the wait staff does an excellent job of knowing their menu and repeat customers. Capped off an excellent meal by stopping next door in their cafe for gelato, which was out of this world.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Gianni's Cafe - Kildeer reviews archive.
- Perfect for anniversary dinnerCardsGirlDined on 6/20/2014The food was delicious, the wine was too, and the garlic/olive oil dipping sauce for the bread was fantastic! One of the specials sounded good to me other than the sauce, but then the waiter happened to mention that you can order most dishes with one of a number of sauces, so I did that and it was really good. The restaurant is a little noisy, but nothing that will keep you from being able to hear your dining companionsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014The food is excellent whether you select from the specials, the menu or design your own creation. Service is outstanding. The only complaint is that it is a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealJodyLDined on 6/14/2014We've been to Gianni's cafe in the past and I really enjoyed my meal. This time, our meals we just so-so and they came out luke warm. I don't know if it was the specific evening or the food we chose, but it was good, but nothing special this time. I will go back, but will probably stick to their speciality pastas and meat dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!! Great food !!!MRluv2dineDined on 6/8/2014Great food !! Great service!! We have been coming here for years and it is always always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gianni's Was So-SoItalianFoodLuvrDined on 6/6/2014We were very disappointed in this restaurant. The ambience was terrible. The tables were too close together and the noise level was way too high. The food was fine, nothing special. Not a romantic place at all if that's what you are looking for.Special Features:
- A little Italian heaven on earthDebthedinerDined on 5/31/2014I had the country rigatoni, which was very tasty. The chicken was moist, the peas were sweet, the crumbled sausage in there had just a hint of spiciness and the sauce was very creamy. My husband created a pasta dish, which he enjoyed being able to pick what when into the dish. The waiter was attentive and yet not hovering. Our salads came quickly and the entrees came reasonably after we finished the salads. We took part of our meals home because we knew the carrot cake was amazing to eat. It is moist, with raisins, carrots, nuts, and of course you can't forget the wonderful cream cheese frosting! The slice is so huge, four people could share it. Our dining partners had the chocolate cake and said that it too was a mouthful of heavenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service/mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2014I love this restaurant, but the night we were there the service was horrible. Our waitress was not very attentive and we waited a long period of time until we had our drinks refilled. I was really disappointed overall. The food was good, not great. I had the chicken milanese and the potatoes that came with the entree were very dry. They tasted old, not moist or fresh. My salad was doused with dressing which made it very hard to eat. I would suggest getting the dressing on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place for lunch!tfmcaVIPDined on 5/19/2014Gianni's never disappoints, still my favorite place for lunch, business & personal. Great atmosphere, excellent service, but the food stands on it's own.Special Features:
- Awesome food - very very energeticBobSchramDined on 5/17/2014The food is fabulous, as well as cocktails and wine list. However, even though we were able to get a last minute reservation we ended up waiting about 35 minutes. This is a very energetic place inside, but great fun, and if the weather is good and you can get a table on the patio it's less noisy. Service was pretty rough because the restaurant was very busy (Saturday night at prime time), but the restaurant made it up to us. If you can hit this place at a less busy time it would be 5 stars all the way. The great food makes up for any flaws. Worth the effort!! Prices are reasonable. Martinis are top notch! Wine list is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianSteakVIPDined on 5/16/2014Always great food and service. One of our favorite Italian Restaurants.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & Service!!debbiDined on 5/13/2014Absolutely love this restaurant -- been there several times and have never had a negative experience or poor food choice. Menu additions regularly and wonderful wait staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Decided to try this place out by accident after browsing for new restaurants on yelp. Was a bit hard to find from the outside as it seems like an ordinary corner bakery, but once inside it is a completely different world. The food itself was great and I will probably be back for more just to try out some of the other items. Service was also great with fast workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchnomnomnomDined on 5/11/2014We came to Gianni's in Kildeer for Mother's Day brunch with a group of 8. We accidentally made the reservation for 7 but they were able to accommodate an extra problem with no problem. The food was a great variety and delicious. The prime rib was perfectly cooked and we also loved the bottomless mimosas. We would definitely come back for a special occasion brunch in the future.Special Features:
- We will be back. Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014I live in Lake Zurich and didn't even realize this restaurant was there. It was suggested by a friend. Awesome food. Will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2014The food and service were excellent! Our entire party thought the same. Would recommend Gianni's Café in Kildeer to everyone. I will be returning for sure.Special Features:
- Good Italian Foodsfk129VIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was delicious and plentiful; there was enough left over to take home in a 'doggy bag' and enjoy for dinner the next night. However, the service was just a bit rushed and we were out of the restaurant in less than an hour. As we were leaving the hostess did not acknowledge us to even thank us or wish us a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Food was perfect. I live in crystal lake and love driving out to this little gem. Palatine is closed on Mondays so we had to go to the Killdeer location this time. Service was a bit better than palatine, which is still pretty great. I own a restaurant myself so I am very critical when dining out...These guys NEVER disappoint! You can't go wrong dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- let downalanVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had reservations this past Saturday night, and arrived at the restaurant a few minutes before our reservation. It took a half hour after our reservation time to be seated. Once at our table, our food service was rushed. Despite the fact that there were no other patrons waiting to be seated, and most tables had emptied out by ten o'clock, I think that the waitress and cleaning crew had other plans for the evening, and wanted to move us out as quickly as possible. Very let down by this experience.
- Always ExceptionalGigiRadDined on 4/25/2014Gianni's has never disappointed us and we know that we can always count on exceptional service, wine and food. Best to have a reservation or you will be waiting, but so worth the wait.Special Features: