843 Washington Avenue
Carlstadt, NJ 07072Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.giannas.biz/
- Phone: 2014607997x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Dabruzzio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Residential, corporate and aircraft catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room available for functions and business meetings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Kreeger 2014607997x
A word from Gianna's
Giannas is an old world style Italian restaurant that serves very generous family style portions for two or more as well as single orders if desired. Specials change daily using the freshest ingredients available, and all desserts are made on premise daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gianna's reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014As always, we had a wonderful dinner. Service was great and food was exceptional. Very friendly staff. We have dined at Giannas many times for special occasions as well as"spur of the moment" dinner out and will continue to do so!Special Features:
- Great foodBobHVIPDined on 9/24/2014Food was excellent . Service was very good. Will return when in the area again.Special Features:
- Always delicious!mcghDined on 9/17/2014Gianna's is always an enjoyable dining experience. We were most recently here for a family birthday dinner and Gianna's did not disappoint. The food, service and ambiance are all stellar. Our family favorites include the calamari, penne with vodka sauce, shrimp and asparagus and seasonal pumpkin cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little place!NewintownDined on 8/1/2014Went for a last minute dinner on a Friday evening. Not too crowded. Nice decor. Everyone was very pleasant! The prices were reasonable and the food was great! I will be back to check out more of their menu selection! The bar looks like a nice place to have a drink and relax with friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodReviewmanVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is a fairly regular place for us to eat. Food is consistently good. We generally get the chicken parm, but other dishes have also been really good too.Special Features:
- Guys nightJMCout4dinnerDined on 6/26/2014Came out for dinner with 3 of my best friends (who have never been here). To say the least you earned 3 more repeat customers in the future. Food again was very good along with some nice wine and good service we had a great time.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Gianna's reviews archive.
- Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Took our family our for Fathers Day, no problem getting reservation time and no pre fixe menu (thats a plus). Overall food very good, waitress may have been a little busy compared to normal. Actually seen our friends there as they enjoy Gianna's also. Always a friendly greeting when you come in the door, definite go to location for holidays and special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Great italian local spotRtsrDined on 5/14/2014Excellent and plentiful food Good service food served family style. On premises home made dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPokeyDined on 5/10/2014Always wanted to try Gianna's. I made reservations based on the reviews, even though some reviews mentioned the poor service. ; they were right. The hostess was nice and helped out but the waitress needs some training. For example, the bread came with no butter and my son had the ask. The waitress came back with the butter and some olive oil. These she just dropped in the middle of the over- large table we were seated at, so my son had to stand up and reach over to get them. We were seated at a banquet - sized table and there were only 4 of us. One of the servers placed appetizer plates on our table after we were done with our appetizers. The food was okay. However, they had a very limited beer selection, and only bottled beer.
- Consistently GoodReviewmanVIPDined on 4/20/2014Gianna's is always good. Large style plates Good fooodSpecial Features:
- Food was the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014Service was the best nice clean and great food. Wish I was going to be in town longer just so I could eat there again. If it was I. My home town I would eat there a few times a week. You need to go if you are close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NiteDonDDined on 3/24/2014Since I've had nothing but very good experiences at Gianna's, I selected this fine restaurant for a planned dinner with several friends of mine. Good choice forbid . Joann greeted us warmly as she always does and we were shown to our very comfortable booth. We then enjoyed a wonderful three course meal. All is good at Gianna's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2014We have been to Gianna's a few times. Each time they make you feel so welcome the moment you walk in. The food is great. You don't feel rushed at all. You can just relax and have a really nice dinner with friends. I highly recommend Gianna's.Special Features:
- We love this place!funebrokerDined on 3/1/2014We have been here many times and never had a bad meal. They make you feel like family and feed you the same way. Compared to many of the Italian restaurants in the area this place is a real find. Ok, it's a little off the beaten Bergen county path but that makes it even better. The food is really homemade and never has that "institutional" taste. Seriously, it's one of the best restaurants around and we highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2014Good food but overpriced for what you get!!! Very nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMNeujahrVIPDined on 2/22/2014I was not impressed with the food. Our steak was bland and the sausage had hard pieces in it (gross). It was pretty noisy since it is a small place and the tables are cramped together. There was a party next to us and one of the guest had a professional camera and kept snapping pics. The flash was really annoying bouncing off the glass. There service was a bit slow as well. No one ever came by to ask if we wanted refrills on our drinks. I would not go there again.Special Features:
- Good FoodReviewmanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Giana is a regular place for us. It's always a question about how things will fair during a holiday when a restaurant is crowded. The answer for Giana's is good. Not as great as during other nights, but still good. Food was good, although just a wee bit off from our other ventures there. Maybe I'm nit picking but trying ot be honest. It's a favorite place for us.
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2013Service was very good and quick. Was not crowded. Food was good but I had salmon which I asked for medium rare but it was served well done. Had veggies on the side which were amazing. Overall very nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food. inattentive servicessaccolitiVIPDined on 12/21/2013Large portions of typical Italian food. If the service was better would return. Unlikely will return though.
- The food can't be beat! AuthenticravinDined on 12/20/2013The food can't be beat! Authentic Italian. Served nice and hot and as tasty as you could want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to this restaurant.CUBBIEDined on 12/19/2013First visit to this restaurant. I took a customer to lunch for the holiday. Food and service was great. Will return.Special Features:
- Great Famlily Style FoodReviewmanVIPDined on 12/1/2013Tucked away in an industrial area in the middle of nowhere next to a municipal airport is this little gem. Great family style food. Good tasting and reasonably priced. Who's a thunk it?Special Features:
- Try the coconut crusted SalmonLovetoeatVIPDined on 11/22/2013I don't know which to start with. The meal or the deserts We had penne vodka served family style enough for four. It is ranked as the best I ever had. We then had a couple of fish dishes. Filet f sole oreganetta and the coconut crusted salmon. Boy was that good. It's a must try if its the special that day. Then the desert. Oh to die for. Flan just made it was so good. I could of been a pig and ordered another but I'll wait I'll Io back again It's a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2013I LOVE this place! The service is is amazing, the food is always delicious. Every time the family and I go here we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianLouGVIPDined on 8/31/2013Great little Italian place. Starting with crusty bread and spicy antipasto everything tastes great. Try the rigatoni with sausage and broccoli rabe (you know it's truly Italian when they have broccoli rabe). Reasonable and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon JoviOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2013Not from the area and wanted a place to eat before concert. We had an outstanding meal and received friendly and great service. Thanks Joanne! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-lish!kgirlDined on 7/10/2013Enjoyed a family style meal with my daughter. Food was delicious. A quiet setting even with the bar near-by the dining room. Staff very attentive. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was, without a doubtOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/22/2013This was, without a doubt one of the best meals I can remember. While there are a lot of Italian restaurants, the food was plentiful and well prepared. The Splendini, white bread stuffed with mozzarella cheese and then toasted in butter and caper sauce was something we never had before - but will be a treat for the next time we go back. We were travelling through on vacation and stopped and were not disappointed. Homemade pasta, manicotti, an excellent bar and wonderful service made for a very relaxing and memorable experience. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findfunebrokerDined on 6/20/2013We love this place. Food is always great, easy to get reservations, and owners make you feel like family. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLuigiDined on 6/5/2013Excellent food friendly attentive service small intimate dining room. I enjoyed the experience and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013We went for our wedding anniversary and the food was great. Everything we ordered from the appetizers to the entrée was delicious. The owner even gave us a complimentary dessert in honor of our anniversary. Would certainly go back again.Special Features:
- Great FooddragonfliDined on 5/18/2013I had friends in from out of state. They wanted to go for Italian. The food was delicious and we had a wonderful time. Can't wait to come back. The ambience was good and the noise level wasn't too bad for a crowded Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/6/2013Gianna's is a nice local restaurant with very good food at reasonable prices. This restaurant is great for a fun night out with your wife and family. Enjoy Gianna's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After dating an Italian guyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013After dating an Italian guy from NJ 10 years ago, I have been searching and searching for homemade food which tasted like the food his mom made every Sunday. I finally found it at Gianna's. I live 3 hours away, but if I lived closer, I would eat at Gianna's once a week.
- Place was quiet and cozy.LisaDined on 3/25/2013Place was quiet and cozy. Sat in a comfortable half circle booth. Mussels maranara delicious, the sauce was amazing.Special Features:
- The personnel and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2013The personnel and service were both excellent. You felt welcomed from the minute you walked in the door. The food was outstanding. Highly recommend. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Grat dinner spotSusieQandTheTripletDined on 1/25/2013It was our first time eating here although it is close to my home. the veal parm was phenomenal. The house sauce is very flavorful. The creme brûlée was delicious however it was a little runny. The flavor was spot on though. Dress is neat but casualSpecial Features:
- We all enjoyed our ItaliaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013A group of 8 of us went to Gianna's for the first time on an early Saturday evening. The food and service were very good. We all split calamari as an appetizer and the plate size was perfect for 6 adults. Everyone at the table enjoyed their main entrees and the portions were just right (single servings). A few of us even took some leftovers home. By the time we left the restaurant, it was filled to capacity. I would recommend reservations as the restaurant is not that large. Our only complaint is it can get a little chilly depending on where you sit. We were close to the entrance and a cool breeze came in a few times while we were eating. I suggest requesting a table away from the door especially during the winter months.
- Outstanding meal with great servicejc6202Dined on 1/12/2013This was a wonderful dinner with family, Gianna's gave us a great table for 8 and we just had the best time. The service was wonderful, the food fantastic, lovely people, warm dining room and an excellent menu. I loved the warmth of the staff and the kindness, but the food was also a huge plus! Everything my family had was delicious. My veal parmigiana was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- The food was average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013The food was average at best and a bit pricey. The restaurant was relatively empty and service was still very slow.