10434 East Jomax Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gianfrancos.com/
- Phone: (480) 585-6969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday thru Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Motti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Karen for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Van Moerkerken 4805856969x
A word from Gianfranco Ristorante
Unpretentious, intimate, and welcoming, Gianfranco's sits unassumingly among The Shops at Crescent Moon, an eclectic collection of stores and restaurants tucked away at the westerly foot of Pinnacle Peak. Don't expect a glitzy exterior; the restaurant is housed in a modest stone-front building. The restaurant's ambiance comes together to create a mellow friendly ambiance, a home away from home feeling.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gianfranco Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Gianfranco Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (21)romantic (19)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Constructive CriticismOhioGuyDined on 11/21/2014We have been going to Gianfranco Ristorante since it opened 8 years ago. We return because the food is the BEST ITALIAN food in the Valley, in our opinion. Our ONLY complaint would be the noise level. Last Friday, without the dining room being full, the noise level was above acceptable. There were 2 large groups at either end of the room and they acted like the room was a private dining room for them ONLY. We will continue to return, but it would be wonderful if Gianfranco could address the noise level in the main dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but wish frontGjoeDined on 11/11/2014desk read the open table notes. Requested table not near kitchen, they marched over to tables right in front of the kitchen, the owner, without request but hearing the conversation, immediately escorted us to a table as described in my reservation made a week earlier, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit to this restaurantLocalVIPDined on 11/7/2014We were not disappointed! Only wish we had discovered it sooner. Great food, great service, great ambiance. We will return!Special Features:
- First time discoveryArchDined on 10/31/2014Very pleased with this first visit and looking forward to going again, particularly when they are able to prepare and serve Vongole. Need to slow down the server assistants - they acted like they were in a big rush to deliver plates and provide amenities like grind pepper!Special Features:
- Not greatDrliciousVIPDined on 10/25/2014Bad service bc they were busy, chicken Marsala very dry, green beans overlooked, osso buco tiny for 45.00. Caesar had no flavor and lettuce a minute from wilted. Ambiance is very nice but food is not good.
- Luck o the drawDinrDivaVIPDined on 10/24/2014On a last minute whim we reserved a table for two and had a wonderful evening of great wine and wonderful, fresh food tastefully created and well-presented. Will be back.... esp since it's just down the road apiece from home. But certainly worth a distance to come if your not in the neighborhood. Thanks to Robert our server who took great care of us.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealCocoDined on 10/2/2014We were a party of three looking for a good steak dinner. White table clothes, wait staff work together to meet your needs, friendly, and delicious meal. I ordered a cosmopolitan and it was shaken with dry ice and poured into my glass with smoke flowing out of the glass. Our party had a Caesar salad which was delicious, French onion soup, also very tasty, crab cakes which were cooked to perfection, and last but not least, the steaks were delivered on a very, very, very hot plate sizzling. Our sides were delivered family style and the waiter served each of us a portion. Overall a great experience of good food and fantastic care to make sure your dinning experience was a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in North ScottsdaletheroseDined on 9/24/2014We received a gift certificate for Gianfranco but were put off as it appeared to be "just another neighborhood Italian" restaurant. What a pleasant and delicious surprise when we had dinner there. The ambiance was very adult both in the bar and in the restaurant. Service excelled, menu was broad and interesting, and best of all the food was well presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ShassiDined on 9/20/2014First class all the way. Super menu and specials. Wait staff always around and attentive. Food was oustanding. We're from Boston and to find an Italian restaurant in Scottsdale of this caliber was a huge find.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in townScottsdaleGuyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fabulous food - beyond just "good" Really fabulous. Halibut was the best ever - what seems like a simple capers and lemon preparation somehow went way over the top as the best we've ever had. Traditional and elegant service. Impeccable attention from all servers. This place is a remarkable find - you either live around Pinnacle Peak or you heard about it from someone who loves it, because otherwise you wouldn't find it. It is absolutely going to be our "go-to" place forSpecial Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the Gianfranco Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Food excellent. Head chef was personable and engaged with customers. A definite keeper.Special Features:
- Great Italian in N ScottsdaleWillymyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best pasta in the valley. Consistent preparation and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Ritchie and YaleRoYaleDined on 7/11/2014I made this reservation for my brother who was visiting from the East Coast and my husband. This was my brother's first time at Gianfranco and he just loved the entire meal from start to finish. As always, my husband enjoyed his meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange Behavior By OwnerrordDined on 6/7/2014Last evening we went to Gianfranco for our 2nd time. The 1st was an excellent experience form every perspective. Last night we invited a couple whom also dines out an ave. of 4 nights per week in the Scottsdale area. We met there early with the intent of doing happy hr. then having a full menu dinner. We were seated at a table in the bar and proceeded to order food and and upgraded wine. The owner then came into the bar and began partying with others drinking at the bar, which seemed like a good thing. However, as we were quietly visiting He singled us out from across the bar and referred to us loudly as "happy hr. moochers". This happened a 2nd time -even louder as we were eating our full menu meals. Our bill was $300 with tip. Is he crazySpecial Features:
- Close byDennisVIPDined on 6/4/2014We have been here many times. It is always excellent food and service. We have and will recommend to others. It is also easy using Open Table to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014Shrimp fra diavlo was delicious. Pork chop was excellent. Did not have ginger beer for a Moscow Mule. That was disapointingSpecial Features:
- priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014$28.50 and no salid included seems out of line. Food was ok, not spectacular.Special Features:
- good but...Jim7VIPDined on 4/26/2014Service was excellent. Waiter was great. Other wait staff kept trying to clear the table when we weren't ready - don't know if they were trying to turn the table or what - but after the 3rd time, I said I'll call you to the table when we're finished. Price point was off for the apps. - way too high. Other price points were ok. I'd recommend the happy hour. Price point was off on basic martinis - $15 - although they certainly did come to the table quickly. I guess at $15 a pop why wouldn't they come to the table quickly!! Food was good to v. good. So, I'd give it a try - decide for yourself.
- DolceCiaBellaVIPDined on 4/20/2014Excellent service and Food. I have moved here from NJ/NY and finally found a "true" Italian restaurant. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014always a good experience…very straight forward menu but everything is excellent. Professional servers/Special Features:
- Food and service are alwaysKarenVIPDined on 4/13/2014Food and service are always terrific and am never disappointed!Special Features:
- FoodDaleDined on 4/12/2014The best veal I have had in years. Just a plate of thin veal and a small side of pastaSpecial Features:
- Scottsdale or Tuscany?MoonRiver1VIPDined on 4/11/2014Such authentic northern Italian food - the owner/chef made his presence known that evening, visiting many tables (although not ours). I knew it would be wonderful when I heard he used to run Un Bacio (sadly, now closed).A bit pricey but worth every penny. Also, located out of the way in Troon which was a trek for us but definitely glad we made the ride. Absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- Great FoodTreyLDined on 4/6/2014We have been to Gianfranco's before but we brought some friends who just moved to Troon North from WA. The food was amazing and the service was great. They really enjoyed it. We also brought our five year old son. We went on a Sunday night, early so we didn't bother couples trying to enjoy a date night without kids. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around excellent experiencedadwritesVIPDined on 4/5/2014We made a reservation, arrived early, got seated anyway and had a great meal. Our waiter was very attentive and knew the menu. The food was excellent and the dinner ended up being less than i anticipated--and i am pretty good at calculating the charges midstream. It's tough to write a detailed description when everything works well, but there you go. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/25/2014This was our first time. We went with two other couples. The appetizers were fantastic. My wife and I had pasta dishes with Bolognese sauce. The other couple had various veal dishes and the Branzino. The pasta dishes were sub par. The pasta seized up into a clump and the bolognese was dry. Everyone enjoyed the veal dishes and the Branzino. Great wine selection. Beautiful place.Special Features:
- Always a winnerPerksDined on 3/21/2014Ask for James to be your waiter. Say hello to Michael in the Bar and enjoy a superb meal...overpriced that it is!Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014Celebrating my 'significant' birthday with my husband at Gianfranco was as elegant as anticipated. Dining there is always consistently superb, from the hostess to the wait-staff to every course. (And the flourless chocolate birthday cake slice was the grande finale!) I couldn't have asked for a more memorable birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014Pasta with grounded beef was very blend and taste like ground pork. The PorkChop tasted like Veal.
- Strip Mall GemWestsiderVIPDined on 3/10/2014Gianfranco is tucked in a strip mall on Jomax Road in far North Scottsdale, but it's absolutely worth the hunt. My captese salad and veal piccata were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gianfranco's does it again!LaurainazDined on 3/8/2014Wonderful food, Wonderful Service - we had a great evening!Special Features:
- I have had dinner here manymisspickyVIPDined on 2/23/2014I have had dinner here many times, however, it seems like they have raised their prices for entrees quite a bit. I think that $28 for pasta is a bit much, even if the food and service is really good.Special Features:
- Good night outMikelefDined on 2/15/2014Great food, excellent service. Only downside is that it is a very loud environment, not ideal for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love coming here,MameVIPDined on 2/15/2014We always love coming here, alway have a great meal. So many specials, impressive. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Had our Valentines dare here & it did not disappoint! The service was exceptional , attentive & engaging. Food was amazing, must try the centre cut pork chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Valentine's Dinner!LaurainazDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner for Valentine's Day. We frequent this restaurant often and are NEVER disappointed. The food and service is impecable. I think it's become "our tradition"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightPhillDined on 2/9/2014We have been to this restaurant many times before, but this was the first time the service was this poor. We had a table of 8 people and the food order took a long time to come. That wasn't the biggest problem however. When they did begin serving our food. Some guests received their meals much later than others. Those of us who received our food began to eat because our food would get cold. We actually finished our meals before the last person was served his dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Bob, our wonderful waiter, made dining a pleasure, as always. Franco's food is the best. We love dining here, on special occasions or any occasion at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef has a way with veal!ElisaVDined on 1/30/2014Every time I go - I get the veal and it's always delicious! The bone in pork chop is a man pleaser to be sure. Staff is always friendly without being too intrusive. They also have a great happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableMackDined on 1/24/2014We have dined here numerous times and have always enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.