10434 East Jomax Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gianfrancos.com/
- Phone: 4805856969x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday thru Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Motti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Karen for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Van Moerkerken 4805856969x
A word from Gianfranco Ristorante
Unpretentious, intimate, and welcoming, Gianfranco's sits unassumingly among The Shops at Crescent Moon, an eclectic collection of stores and restaurants tucked away at the westerly foot of Pinnacle Peak. Don't expect a glitzy exterior; the restaurant is housed in a modest stone-front building. The restaurant's ambiance comes together to create a mellow friendly ambiance, a home away from home feeling.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gianfranco Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding!ShassiDined on 9/20/2014First class all the way. Super menu and specials. Wait staff always around and attentive. Food was oustanding. We're from Boston and to find an Italian restaurant in Scottsdale of this caliber was a huge find.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in townScottsdaleGuyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fabulous food - beyond just "good" Really fabulous. Halibut was the best ever - what seems like a simple capers and lemon preparation somehow went way over the top as the best we've ever had. Traditional and elegant service. Impeccable attention from all servers. This place is a remarkable find - you either live around Pinnacle Peak or you heard about it from someone who loves it, because otherwise you wouldn't find it. It is absolutely going to be our "go-to" place forSpecial Features:
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Food excellent. Head chef was personable and engaged with customers. A definite keeper.Special Features:
- Great Italian in N ScottsdaleWillymyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best pasta in the valley. Consistent preparation and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Ritchie and YaleRoYaleDined on 7/11/2014I made this reservation for my brother who was visiting from the East Coast and my husband. This was my brother's first time at Gianfranco and he just loved the entire meal from start to finish. As always, my husband enjoyed his meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange Behavior By OwnerrordDined on 6/7/2014Last evening we went to Gianfranco for our 2nd time. The 1st was an excellent experience form every perspective. Last night we invited a couple whom also dines out an ave. of 4 nights per week in the Scottsdale area. We met there early with the intent of doing happy hr. then having a full menu dinner. We were seated at a table in the bar and proceeded to order food and and upgraded wine. The owner then came into the bar and began partying with others drinking at the bar, which seemed like a good thing. However, as we were quietly visiting He singled us out from across the bar and referred to us loudly as "happy hr. moochers". This happened a 2nd time -even louder as we were eating our full menu meals. Our bill was $300 with tip. Is he crazySpecial Features:
- Close byDennisVIPDined on 6/4/2014We have been here many times. It is always excellent food and service. We have and will recommend to others. It is also easy using Open Table to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014Shrimp fra diavlo was delicious. Pork chop was excellent. Did not have ginger beer for a Moscow Mule. That was disapointingSpecial Features:
- The following 220 reviews are from the Gianfranco Ristorante reviews archive.
- priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014$28.50 and no salid included seems out of line. Food was ok, not spectacular.Special Features:
- good but...Jim7VIPDined on 4/26/2014Service was excellent. Waiter was great. Other wait staff kept trying to clear the table when we weren't ready - don't know if they were trying to turn the table or what - but after the 3rd time, I said I'll call you to the table when we're finished. Price point was off for the apps. - way too high. Other price points were ok. I'd recommend the happy hour. Price point was off on basic martinis - $15 - although they certainly did come to the table quickly. I guess at $15 a pop why wouldn't they come to the table quickly!! Food was good to v. good. So, I'd give it a try - decide for yourself.
- DolceCiaBellaVIPDined on 4/20/2014Excellent service and Food. I have moved here from NJ/NY and finally found a "true" Italian restaurant. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014always a good experience…very straight forward menu but everything is excellent. Professional servers/Special Features:
- Food and service are alwaysKarenVIPDined on 4/13/2014Food and service are always terrific and am never disappointed!Special Features:
- FoodDaleDined on 4/12/2014The best veal I have had in years. Just a plate of thin veal and a small side of pastaSpecial Features:
- Scottsdale or Tuscany?MoonRiver1VIPDined on 4/11/2014Such authentic northern Italian food - the owner/chef made his presence known that evening, visiting many tables (although not ours). I knew it would be wonderful when I heard he used to run Un Bacio (sadly, now closed).A bit pricey but worth every penny. Also, located out of the way in Troon which was a trek for us but definitely glad we made the ride. Absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- Great FoodTreyLDined on 4/6/2014We have been to Gianfranco's before but we brought some friends who just moved to Troon North from WA. The food was amazing and the service was great. They really enjoyed it. We also brought our five year old son. We went on a Sunday night, early so we didn't bother couples trying to enjoy a date night without kids. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around excellent experiencedadwritesVIPDined on 4/5/2014We made a reservation, arrived early, got seated anyway and had a great meal. Our waiter was very attentive and knew the menu. The food was excellent and the dinner ended up being less than i anticipated--and i am pretty good at calculating the charges midstream. It's tough to write a detailed description when everything works well, but there you go. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/25/2014This was our first time. We went with two other couples. The appetizers were fantastic. My wife and I had pasta dishes with Bolognese sauce. The other couple had various veal dishes and the Branzino. The pasta dishes were sub par. The pasta seized up into a clump and the bolognese was dry. Everyone enjoyed the veal dishes and the Branzino. Great wine selection. Beautiful place.Special Features:
- Always a winnerPerksDined on 3/21/2014Ask for James to be your waiter. Say hello to Michael in the Bar and enjoy a superb meal...overpriced that it is!Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014Celebrating my 'significant' birthday with my husband at Gianfranco was as elegant as anticipated. Dining there is always consistently superb, from the hostess to the wait-staff to every course. (And the flourless chocolate birthday cake slice was the grande finale!) I couldn't have asked for a more memorable birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014Pasta with grounded beef was very blend and taste like ground pork. The PorkChop tasted like Veal.
- Strip Mall GemWestsiderVIPDined on 3/10/2014Gianfranco is tucked in a strip mall on Jomax Road in far North Scottsdale, but it's absolutely worth the hunt. My captese salad and veal piccata were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gianfranco's does it again!LaurainazDined on 3/8/2014Wonderful food, Wonderful Service - we had a great evening!Special Features:
- I have had dinner here manymisspickyVIPDined on 2/23/2014I have had dinner here many times, however, it seems like they have raised their prices for entrees quite a bit. I think that $28 for pasta is a bit much, even if the food and service is really good.Special Features:
- Good night outMikelefDined on 2/15/2014Great food, excellent service. Only downside is that it is a very loud environment, not ideal for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love coming here,MameVIPDined on 2/15/2014We always love coming here, alway have a great meal. So many specials, impressive. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Had our Valentines dare here & it did not disappoint! The service was exceptional , attentive & engaging. Food was amazing, must try the centre cut pork chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Valentine's Dinner!LaurainazDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner for Valentine's Day. We frequent this restaurant often and are NEVER disappointed. The food and service is impecable. I think it's become "our tradition"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightPhillDined on 2/9/2014We have been to this restaurant many times before, but this was the first time the service was this poor. We had a table of 8 people and the food order took a long time to come. That wasn't the biggest problem however. When they did begin serving our food. Some guests received their meals much later than others. Those of us who received our food began to eat because our food would get cold. We actually finished our meals before the last person was served his dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Bob, our wonderful waiter, made dining a pleasure, as always. Franco's food is the best. We love dining here, on special occasions or any occasion at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef has a way with veal!ElisaVDined on 1/30/2014Every time I go - I get the veal and it's always delicious! The bone in pork chop is a man pleaser to be sure. Staff is always friendly without being too intrusive. They also have a great happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableMackDined on 1/24/2014We have dined here numerous times and have always enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTroonguyVIPDined on 1/24/2014There are a bunch of great restaurants in Scottsdale but Gianfranco is not one of them. Lots of older people in the crowd. Maybe when you lose your taste buds, this place works. We live close and dine out a lot. This meal was the worst value and poorest quality we have experienced in all of Scottsdale.
- Always DelightfulberrygalDined on 1/21/2014Gianfranco's is always a delight to the taste buds and a wonderfully cozy, yet refined dining atmosphere. The wines are fabulous and the staff is always "there when you want them, not when you don't." Their specials are always worth a listen, as they never fail to satisfy the palatte.Special Features:
- As always, the food was fantasticJohnDined on 1/18/2014As always, the food was fantastic but the noise level is high.Special Features:
- Everything except the wineoutstAnding1Dined on 1/17/2014Four of us went to dinner for the first time at this lovely Italian restaurant, and honestly food was incredible. One of our group said it was one of the best Osso Bucco's he's ever had, and the rest of us felt similarly. The only downside to the evening was the wine list, which forces you to spend more than you want to if you want to enjoy the wine. We would have liked good choices in the $40-$60 range, but the best we could do was to spend $85/bottle to get a decent red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Change a Thing!BobsBasicsVIPDined on 1/11/2014As usual the food and service were exemplary. This is a don't miss dining treasure.Special Features:
- AwesomeDJN1VIPDined on 1/10/2014The service from Bob and the staff was outstanding. The food and ambiance were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBillDined on 1/3/2014Gianfrancos is consistently outstanding in all areas, the food is excellent the service superb and the ambiance intimateSpecial Features:
- A New Years Day delightBillDined on 1/1/2014This North Scottsdale restaurant never fails to please. It rivals very good Northern Italian restaurants anywhere. The pasta is fresh and vibrant with a terrific variety of preparations. Veal is done in the classic style, tender and with flavorful sauces. Desserts, if you have room, are superb (terramisu and Cree brûlée are two standouts). Hard to think that anyone would leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.