10434 East Jomax Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gianfrancos.com/
- Phone: (480) 585-6969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday thru Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Motti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Karen for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Van Moerkerken 4805856969x
A word from Gianfranco Ristorante
Unpretentious, intimate, and welcoming, Gianfranco's sits unassumingly among The Shops at Crescent Moon, an eclectic collection of stores and restaurants tucked away at the westerly foot of Pinnacle Peak. Don't expect a glitzy exterior; the restaurant is housed in a modest stone-front building. The restaurant's ambiance comes together to create a mellow friendly ambiance, a home away from home feeling.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gianfranco Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Gianfranco Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (21)romantic (19)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My only complaint after aTommyVIPDined on 3/14/2011My only complaint after a suprisingly good meal experience was the noise level of the restaurant. That said, it's good to see a restaurant full up here! The server was really great, he simply anticipated anything we wanted or needed.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOOD AND SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011AMAZING FOOD AND SERVICE!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend! I can't wait to go back. Best meal in years!Special Features:
- Worth the drive!KennyGVIPDined on 2/20/2011one of the best Italian restaurants we have found outside of "little Italy"! Worth the 40 minute drive from Anthem.Special Features:
- This is a good restaurantDougDined on 2/19/2011This is a good restaurant with a typical Italian - American menu. The food and service are very good and we didn't have to drive a long way to get there. I would definitely repeat, but if I wanted something more traditional, such as broccoli rabe or gnocchi, I would have to look elsewhere. The bar area looked interesting - several tvs with sports - and I may try that at some point (The bar area is separated from the dining area).
- One of the better ItalianirisharpeDined on 2/19/2011One of the better Italian restaurants we have been able to enjoy. Other than the huffy attitude of the rather large, long-haired female hostess, the service was impeccable. The choices of food are many, not including the specials, which were many. The osso bucco was wonderful as was the seafood fra diavolo. The wine list is not expansive, but has great choices, especially for Italian reds. One worth experiencing if you are in the area.Special Features:
- The food is always spectacularRozKDined on 2/13/2011The food is always spectacular as are the wait staff.Special Features:
- First time at this establishmentb407driverVIPDined on 2/5/2011First time at this establishment and we will be back. The food was terrific and despite being very crowded (due to a golf tournament in town) the service was great also. Our waiter handled a very annoying customer seated next to us with professionalism. Portion sizes were good...not too big, not too small. My only complaint would be that the prices for wines by the glass were a little high...none under $11, most around $15-20 per glass.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our meal.MameVIPDined on 1/22/2011We really enjoyed our meal. Service very good. Food was delicious. We will return.Special Features:
- What a find!---Our food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2011What a find!---Our food was cooked exactly the way we all wanted it. Our waiter's service was top-notch with anyone who has ever attended our table! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Our service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2011Our service was excellent, food was fantastic. First time we had been there, will definatley return.Special Features:
- Local restaurant, not a chain.sunshineDined on 1/17/2011Local restaurant, not a chain. Fresh, well prepared food that is not overdone with sauces. Attentive service. Not rushed.Special Features:
- We ordered a veal dish whichOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/15/2011We ordered a veal dish which was over-breaded and not crispy. The sauce was gummy from too much corn starch. The cioppino had exactly one scallop, two shrimp and fishy-tasting white fish--for $34. The gelatto had ice crystals from being refrozen. Over-priced for quality of food. Chef needs to spend more time in the kitchen and less time walking around the dining room kissing his friends.
- Broad menu offerings, receptiveBoxerdadDined on 1/13/2011Broad menu offerings, receptive chef willing to adjust to meet dietary needs, and delicious food. Bruschetta was to die or.Special Features:
- The sea bass was great....thestephVIPDined on 1/5/2011The sea bass was great....the veal parmesan and other pasta dishes were just ok...would have expected more from this restaurant......especially for the price. Veal chop is usually very good and the special minestrone is excellent.
- Food above average. Bad startDaleVIPDined on 1/3/2011Food above average. Bad start from the seating process. No organization and no recognition that we had a reservation. Kicker was our server came to our table and immediately picked up a fake candle and switched it on. He was, otherwise knowledgeable and friendly. Veal sauce was excellent. Probably will not return.
- Everything about this restaurantWYWomanDined on 1/1/2011Everything about this restaurant is absolutely wonderful - the outstanding food, wide menu selection, impeccable service, extensive wine list, and great atmosphere. We took a group of friends here on our first visit to celebrate New Year's Day. All eight of us had full dinners - from appetizers, soups, salads (Caprese is terrific), pastas (bolognese is outstanding), entrees (the special Osso Bucco was mouth watering), and desserts (don't miss the gelato or the tiamisu). You won't go wrong with anything you choose at this restaurant. There is nothing pretentious here - just authentic Italian food in a great atmosphere. This was our first visit - we will be back many times!!Special Features:
- The best Italian food I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/1/2011The best Italian food I've had in the area since we moved here. All four entrees were wonderful. Salads were just good, however, the fried calamari was not up to the standard of the other items as it was frozen.Special Features:
- i loved the atmosphere ofCarmneDined on 12/16/2010i loved the atmosphere of this restaurant. the staff are wonderful and tend to your needs as required. the food has been consistently excellent.Special Features:
- As usual the food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2010As usual the food was excellent, service was great & a good time was had by all. Best Italian food in AZ... This restaurant is as good as any Italian restaurant in New York!!Special Features:
- Always wonderful. Great bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2010Always wonderful. Great bar. Fabulous food selection.Special Features:
- Great experience. The staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2010Great experience. The staff is has knowledge and is pleasant. the portions are good sizes and they had a great wine list. A friend had recommended this restaurant (she is quite the food snob!) and it was well worth our trip from Downtown Phoenix.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. We finishedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2010Food was excellent. We finished dinner and waited about 15 minutes for coffee. In fairness, the waiter said it would 'take a while'. I was at the end of the table and perhaps sticking out a little but the waitstaff kept bumping me. I am not a large man and I was not sitting far from the table. One might say that dining is intimate, others might classify it as crowded.
- Gianfranco is a true gem ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2010Gianfranco is a true gem of a restaurant. This was our first time dining in the Scottsdale area and we fortunately chose to dine at Gianfranco. We will return!Special Features:
- Gianfranco's is a hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010Gianfranco's is a hidden gem tucked into a suburban complex of offices and restaurants very near Pinnacle Peak. The food and service were exceptional. The restuarant is divided into several smaller rooms tastefully decorated which makes it very private and comfortable. There was music in the bar but it did not interfere in any respect with conversation at the table among my party of five. Prices are appropriate for the type of restaurant that it is and we look forward to many future visits.Special Features:
- We have been coming to ScottsdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2010We have been coming to Scottsdale once or twice a year from UK for the last 10 years.... been to SO many restaurants but this restaurant is one of our favourite places.... we always schedule in at least 1 visit. We love the atmosphere , food ( portion size is great for us) and service. Last saturday 15/10/10 we found the bartenders excellent, fantastic atmosphere and were surprised how good the pianist was. It really is nice that the chef (Gianfranco??) wanders about and chats to guests. We will be back again this week before we go home ! Karen & Neil PercivalSpecial Features:
- Great place. We will be goingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2010Great place. We will be going back for our next special occasion! Impeccible service and the food was outstanding....Special Features:
- One of the very best halibutsstephVIPDined on 9/29/2010One of the very best halibuts I've had in a long while.Special Features:
- Karen, the hostess greetedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2010Karen, the hostess greeted us with a smile. Our waiters, Chris and Fernando were most attentive. The food was excellent, delicious. Highly recomend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food and Waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2010Excellent food and Waiter. The owner and chef, Gianfranco is very "hands on" greeting the diners at the tables. A very nice touch.
- Our waiter was not friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2010Our waiter was not friendly and they were out of everything on the menu on a weekend. Not prepared to be a restaurant apparantly.
- I'll take the bread aloneTomasoVIPDined on 8/2/2010I'll take the bread alone and could be very happy. The Gianfranco brown sauce on the veal was outstanding. Deserts wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Franco never ceases to amazeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010Franco never ceases to amaze me. I have been a fan since his Un Bacio days. As usual the food was outstanding and the service fun, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- The Summer three course prixOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2010The Summer three course prix fix is a great deal. You get to choose from the menu not just from one or two entrees as with a usual prix prixSpecial Features:
- I was expecting a simple,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2010I was expecting a simple, casual, neighborhood place, but the food and decor exceeded that. I'd describe it as more upscale casual Italian. The food was quite good, particularly the desserts. The service was also very good. The decor was more like a Scottsdale Road location, than a neighborhood nook. It was more expensive than I'd expected: soups, salads & appetizers were $8 to 16; pastas $22; entres $24 to 36. But they had a summer special of an s-s-a, entre, coffee & dessert for $34.95, which we all enjoyed. The location is a bit out of the way, so unless they make a reputation, they may be condemned to neighborhood gem status.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010Service was excellent. Entree (Veal Picatao and Halibut special) were very good -appetizers (calimari) and sou0 (lobster bisque) were mediocre.Special Features:
- This place is a good no nonsenseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/5/2010This place is a good no nonsense restaurant that acts like it is more than it is. The management is pretentious and did not seem to care if we ever came back again. The food is fine, but nothing special. Yawn.