Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano
8150 Railroad Ave. SE #C
Snoqualmie, WA 98065Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gianfrancosnoqualmie.com/
- Phone: (425) 888-6621
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Dollente
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for everything from intimate sit-down dinners, to large buffet style parties. Although Gianfranco Ristorante specializes in Italian, cuisine can be tailored to your preference.
A word from Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano
Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano is a family owned Italian restaurant, located a mile east of Snoqualmie Falls on Railroad Avenue in Snoqualmie, Washington. Chef owned and run, Gianfranco Ristorante specializes in Southern Italian cuisine and uses seasonal, local flavors to create delicious meals. In addition, Gianfranco offers gluten free pasta and pizza dough for those with food allergies. Our extensive wine list includes a large selection of Italian wines as well as a variety of domestic selections. Beer and mixed drinks are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Snoqualmie ›
Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)special occasion (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Best Italian place I've had in a long time! A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of Italy!TriciaCDined on 10/12/2014I have been to Gianfranco 's twice in the last month, once with girlfriends for my birthday and once with family. Delicious food, comprehensive menu, generous portions, friendly service, and intimate atmosphere. I live nearby in North Bend and look forward to my next meal @ Gianfranco's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTriciaDined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I came here on our anniversary. The food, ambiance and service was outstanding! Thank you for making our anniversary so special. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice with Good FoodicecreamDined on 10/5/2014Had a very remarkable evening - Food was very good and service was fantastic. I will certainly go back again even though I live on the East side of state.Special Features:
- Great little spoteasternshoregalDined on 10/4/2014We visited during our stay at the Salish Lodge as an alternative to the lodge restaurant our second night. Very good meal, and a nice little selection of Italian winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodilovefoodDined on 9/25/2014Good wine list, great tasting food. Large portions though so plan on taking some home for another night you won't have to cook! :)Special Features:
- Italian Family StyleaussiemomVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is not the place to go for that special night out. But for reliable food at a reasonable price and good service, this is probably one of the best in Snoqualmie. Lots of families come here and the place is small so expect some noise. However, we enjoyed the good quality of food and unobtrusive service and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night, great food!VisitorDined on 9/19/2014We had a great night with great food at Gianfranco's! Well done, homemade Italian food with a wide variety of options. If anything, the servings were too big (not much of a complaint since we brought home leftovers) and we filled up on the huge antipasto platter. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Was expecting morehenryandhoneyDined on 9/19/2014We have had several friends suggest this restaurant. We went with high hopes, but weren't impressed. The caesar salad was good, but the rest, just average. The halibut was overcooked - why, oh why, can restaurants cannot figure out how NOT to overcook fish? The gnocchi was really doughy and had no taste. The sauce on the gnocchi was okay, but not good enough to order again. We prefer Montalcino in Issaquah for great Italian. Not much price difference and worlds of difference in terms of taste and ambiance.
- Quiet place with excellent foodSkyflyerDined on 9/16/2014We stopped here looking for a quiet place. Great authentic and local mix with great flavor. My new local favorite. They gave us a great desert for our 25th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodsirdinealotDined on 8/31/2014Unfortunately our evening started off on the wrong foot after we made a reservation through "Open Table" and then got to the restaurant and they didn't have us in the books. This was also a very small place and I was under the impression that they were booked for the evening. The staff handeled it very well, they never actually told me that they didn't have my reservation but it was obvious the way they were scrambling to find a place for us. This was especially a bummer since it was my wifes birthday. The food was really good and I will definitely go back and give them another shot, but next time I will call them directly instead of using Open Table.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit and it was just as excellent. We made reservations at 6:30PM were seated right away. Started out with the antipasta (1/2) order and it was excellent. My wife and I were served our dinner and they were excellent too. So good in fact, that there was no room for dessert. We plan on our next visit to just order the antipasta (1/2) order and going straight to dessert - maybe. We spent several weeks in Italy several years ago and this restaurant is as good as any restaurant in Rome, Florence, or Tuscany. Please don't go so my wife and I have a great place to dine....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gianfrancoAnnieo2Dined on 8/27/2014Always fabulous food. Currently favorite Italian restaurant on East and Westside. Always ask an Italian. where the best are.Special Features:
- Highly ReccomendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Fabulous food!! We were celebrating birthdays and anniversary. The owners took care of us personally and we could not have been happier!! There were 6 of us and we had a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- Fresh ingredients perfect seasoningFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014While staying at Salish Lodge we heard about GuaFranco's and decided to try it. We liked everything we ordered. Great food and friendly atmosphere make us decide to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expereinceDiningoutDined on 8/24/2014Small but cozy to place to eat in town Snoqualmie. Food was excellent, the atmosphere comfortable and the wait staff attentive.. Definitely recommend it....Special Features:
- Wonderful food. A local gem.casualTouristDined on 8/16/2014Gianfranco is a small locally owned and run restaurant with wonderful food, and friendly, professional staff. We loved it for our dinner date. Dinner will run about $30/plate including tax & tip, depending on selection and drinks of course.Special Features:
- Great Find!BamaZagDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic food & Great service. A hidden gem to which we'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Both the lasagna and other pasta were not very god.
- Great Food downtown SnoqualmieDDDDDined on 8/14/2014The area in downtown Snoqualmie is pretty good, old town. This place is very good food. The atmosphere could be better, but still it is top of my Italian local places now along with the spot in downtown Issaquah but that place is very small and hard to get into.Special Features:
- A Great Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Gianfranco is a great local dinning experience. Small an intimate setting with great food. The cream pesto sauce over any pasta is a great meal. Save room for desert and try the warm bread pudding with an espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- An amazing find!Gr8NightsOutDined on 7/20/2014Big surprise in a small city!Extremely high quality, delicious Italian cuisine -- from the appetizers, through desserts. Excellent, personal service. Old world ambience, but small capacity, so can be difficult to get in. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find for a small town2tired2cookDined on 7/16/2014The small restaurant was full on a Wednesday town--that speaks volumes to me. It has a great reputation with the locals. Friendly staff, tasty Italian food.Special Features:
- foodlover61Dined on 7/11/2014You can always count on a great meal. The food is delicious and the staff is attentive and friendly. We have never ordered a wine and then be told it wasn't available. Their wine list is diverse as well as their evening Specials. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceHollyBearDined on 7/2/2014I discovered this littler gem about a year ago. Food is wonderful and a step above the rest of the Italian restaurants on the eastside. Owner is simply fun and very accomodating for special needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten freekathleenDined on 6/28/2014Wait staff was very knowledgeable about ingredients, for those who are concerned with food allergies, etc. There was an extensive gluten free menu. The flourless chocolate cake was mmm-mazing! They also let you taste wines if you are unsure what you want to order, so no worries about spending money on a wine you might not like. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodGrahamC100VIPDined on 6/21/2014We've never had a bad meal here. The food is fresh and you know when you take your first bite, it's come straight from the pan, or the oven. There's no waiting for it under a heat lamp. Casual atmosphere with big time taste.Special Features:
- GreatDinerDined on 6/13/20142nd time eating there. Nice staff, great food. Rigatoni special was a huge portion and very tasty, meatballs were superb. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food is Average/Poor For High PriceLocalResidentDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I went here on our wedding anniversary! This was our first time in this place (and probably will be the last). We both ordered Veal Marsala. While the bread before diner was very good, the veal and especially the sides were average to poor. The side of vegetables was terrible and I could not even eat them. They were basically uncooked potatoes, raw carrots and other vegetables. I would have thought an Italian place would offer pasta as a side. For the price of the food, the dinner should also include a salad or bowl of soup prior to dinner. Maybe we just went on a bad night. I would not go back unless offered a free dinner to try it again to test the quality of real Italian food. Especially when dinner for two cost $100.Special Features:
- Great foodKyleDined on 6/6/2014Service was friendly, generous portions and delicious. Got to meet the owners, they're great. I would recommend Gianfranco Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticTortelliniDined on 5/31/2014We went to Gianfranco's University District restaurant, Il Paesano, for years in the 90's. Although he has moved back to Italy, the new owners of his Snoqualmie namesake have captured his tastes, flavors and presentation perfectly...as if we he is still here. well done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/26/2014Hostess/Waitress was to loud when speaking to kitchen or those entering the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Our favorite local restaurant!jbullDined on 5/22/2014We can always count on a delicious meal at Gianfranco's! The staff is always friendly and welcoming. The chef will prepare anything to your liking. A great place for couples and foursomes. We've tried most items on the menu and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014We had dinner on Mother's day at Gianfranco's on our way back from a hike in North Bend. It was the perfect end to a remarkable day. The restaurant is intimate in nature and this led to wonderfully attentive wait staff and just a great experience. Our food portions were quite large and made for best-ever leftovers the next day. As an added bonus, they were gluten-free friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014excellent food, great service, only negative, and this is only if you can't get in is the limited sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snoqualmie DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Pleasantly surprised by our visit. We heard the food was good and it was. We were promptly greeted and seated and offered water and drink orders taken soon after. Basics out of the way. Wait staff was courteous, contientious, and pleasant to talk to. Enjoy your visit.Special Features:
- A Great Local Gem!DebsterDined on 4/24/2014When we have a special event to celebrate, or just don't want to cook - Gianfranco is a top choice. Amazing authentic Italian food, (and I know authentic, as my step-grandmother was from Italy). The service is always warm, thoughtful and gentle. They go out of their way to make my granddaughter welcome. Great family restaurant. The portions are outrageous, but we always take the left-overs home for lunch the next day. One of our favorites. My son was too stuffed for a free dessert, (celebrating his birthday) so they boxed up the cheesecake for him to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceHollyBearDined on 4/21/2014I have dined in this restaurant probably 4-5 times. Reservations are best, as this restaurant tends to get full, with wait times up to 45 min. Servers are friendsly, food is wonderful, and prices are affordable. When I go, I tend to split a meal as portions are healthy.Special Features:
- eccellente!adndDined on 3/31/2014My Wife and I are from the East coast and have lived in the Seattle area for 10 plus years. We've been searching for an Italian restaurant that served good, traditional home-made like Italian food. Our search ended when we celebrated my wife’s birthday at Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano. Both of our dinners were delicious and the portions were very generous, the next day our lunch was delicious too! We couldn't be happier that we finally found the Italian restaurant we've been searching for.Special Features:
- Amazing Findluv2eatDined on 3/22/2014Everything was outstanding about this quaint little restuarant. The food was amazing! Portion sizes are great for going family style or take the leftovers home in a doggie bag for another fabulous meal the next day. This is the type of family owned business that you love to see succeed. I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.