5110 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giancarlosevents.com/
- Phone: (716) 650-5566
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Pat Powers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Giancarlo's
Sicilian Steakhouse and PizzeriaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Giancarlo's - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Giancarlo's reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (18)special occasion (17)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)romantic (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- The TVUrufentaDined on 11/24/2014I am at a loss over the trend to put big screen TVs in a dinning area. Maybe they should ask if I want to eat my expensive food and sip my expensive wine in a room where the 60 inch screen is showing the Bills Game and give me an option to be seated somewhere else. If I want a bar atmosphere I go to a bar and order wings and a beer.That TV cheapens the whole experience. I wonder why people would pay to do in a restaurant what they do at home....eat absent minded while their brains are glued to the screen.
- Never disappointsVgladDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed a great meal & fun evening with friends at Giancarlo's on Saturday. Our server showed us pictures of the evenings specials on an iPad which helped in deciding our order. Food & service were excellent...I highly recommend Giancarlo's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014This restaurant was busy after a driving ban was lifted- the food was fabulous and although they sold out of a special 2 of us ordered, they made it up to us- The owners understand customer service and the wait staff was professional~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Loud AtmosphereLittleDDined on 11/14/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. They have your basic italian staples as well as fun gourmet dishes, also have a notable wine and drink list. The only draw back, it was very busy, very loud and took a long time to get our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giancarlo's never disappointsVgladDined on 11/13/2014A recent Thursday evening found the restaurant to be very busy. However the food & service were excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Whenever I am in town, I always take my clients here. They love it and I enjoy the comfortable atmosphere, good selection, quality food and fair price. The service is always outstanding and it is a nice environment for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Wonderful place to meet people for lunch. Excellent Service and wonderful food. Thanks Giancarlo's. Easy access to 90 and 290.Special Features:
- fabulous foodLogansdinnerDined on 11/8/2014This establishment has a vibrant bar scene. There is a, I believe it is, a wood burning oven that makes pizza in the bar area. Had a cocktail at the bar which was reasonably priced for this type of venue. Food was very good and nicely spaced out from our salads, which were excellent as well. I had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and the perfectly sized portion. Neighbor diner had porterhouse which was huge and excellent as well. Only draw back to this establishment would be the noise level....Like so many other places. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but service left a bad taste.HungryDined on 11/7/2014As requested through open table it was my wifes and I anniversary. I made a special request for a nice table for 2. We arrived early in the evening so almost all tables were available but for some reason our host sat us right next to another couple and the kitchen door. Couldn't be more awkward. We requested to be moved and she couldn't come up with a better table so we had choose our own which we found a real nice table for 2 in a corner. How she couldn't have come up with that in the beginning is beyond us. We ordered wine to start and watched the table of teenage girls next to us receive basket after basket of breads even though they ordered just water. Finally again we had to speak up and they brought us some.Special Features:
- Excellent foodGoGiancarlosDined on 11/5/2014Giancarlo's has great and tasty food. We have been there three times, and we love the choices we had ordered. Harold loves the steak tortellini, and has ordered it twice. I ordered the pork chop saltimboca when we were there on November 5th, and this dish was one of the best I've had in this area. The waitress was courteous, professional, and very efficient.Special Features:
- TerrifficDavidDined on 11/4/2014A wonderful neighborhood gem and reasonably priced. Food quality is excellent!Special Features:
- Why bother with reservations?JJL1227Dined on 10/29/2014Food was exquisite and service very good. Biggest drawback, I made reservations on the website for 7:00pm. Not seated until 8:00pm. There was a private corporate party going on outside that seemed to take precedence over our reservations. That was a real disappointment. However, the staff bent over backwards to compensate for the delay by providing a free round of drinks, an appetizer and a delicious desert. My best guess is that management just overbooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningmimiDined on 10/24/2014First time for dinner with friends from Canada. Sam,our waiter was friendly,informative and enthusiastic. Food was delicious from appetizers of steak skewers and arancini to all four entrees tuna Milazzo,Fresco pasta,Saltimbocca pork chop and lobster ravioli. Our guests commented how fortunate we were to have so many special spots for great food at reasonable prices! We have been before for lunch and will definitely be back for dinner!Special Features:
- Cus. Service taken to a new level!Erock75VIPDined on 10/15/2014We ordered a steak rare. It came well done. We politely sent it back and not only did they apologize (multiple times) and remake it to perfection (I mean this was one delicious steak) they then removed it from our bill entirely! Customer service at a whole new level! We left happy and stuffed and can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchShaneyVIPDined on 10/14/2014Lunch for four women was handled very well by a young, capable waiter. Everything ordered was delivered perfectly . The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed a lovely lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodCMS1Dined on 10/13/2014The menu is wide ranging and there is something for everyone at Giancarlos. Pizzas (from a wood fired oven), pasta, fish... they have the ability to create sophisticated plates without making them too fussy. We had 3 generations there and everyone was very happy with their dish. The staff was very attentive and friendly as well. The one complaint was from my mother who had a hard time hearing.Special Features:
- LoudLuv2blocalDined on 10/11/2014Upon arrival, things seemed a bit unorganized . There were chairs all over in front of the hostess station and it was difficult to maneuver out of other peoples way. The table they brought us to was a small 2 top in the back by the wait station which was very awkward. Apparently was not a table that was regularly used when the band was not playing. We were to hungry to wait for a new table to become available . I didn't not care for my tuna with the pea purée but he loved his lasagna. Server was great. Very sympathetic and accommodating . They comped our bottle of wine. Very unexpected but appreciative. One of the girls behind the bar kept complaining how tired she was. The other taller girl was very outgoing and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerChickPDined on 10/4/2014The overall dining experience was very good. First time we were there. Service was great & the food was very good. Will go back another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Staff was very attentive. But hard to talk to people across the table.Special Features:
- Good but way too noisyAlwaysoutDined on 9/26/2014We expected a nice quiet dinner for two and we certainly were very happy with our meals and the service but wow, was it noisy. It was hard for us to carry on a decent conversation and we where seated right across from each other. The hardwood floors and open ceiling just echoed everything anyone said. It's a snowball effect as it gets noisier everyone has to talk louder and up it goes again.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableDeeZeeVIPDined on 9/18/2014We dined here recently to celebrate my mother's 93rd birthday. There were 6 of us, and a toddler and infant. The food was all very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was very good too. The toddler dropped and broke a glass. Two waiters came over to clean up and were very thorough in making sure all the glass pieces were found and swept up. They were very gracious about the accident. The only negative about our dinner was that it was very noisy. Our mother wears hearing aids, but she still struggled to hear us. Unfortunately, this is an issue at most restaurants. We would definitely dine here again (but perhaps without mother!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful burgers & great dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Hamburgers were cooked perfectly: right amount of light char on the outside, juicy and evenly cooked throughout. Very tasty burger. Cannoli pastry was very tender. Both of us thought they were the best cannoli we've had. Appetizer of two steak skewers was great--each skewer was ample enough to be the protein component of an entree if paired with a side. Hubby is leaning over my shoulder insistently whispering, "The gelato! Don't forget the chocolate gelato!" Nice, polite staff, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Place Ever!!PrincessDined on 9/17/2014I have rated this restautant with 5 stars as that is truly what it is. The service, food and atmosphere here is the BEST in the area! Servers are very knowledgable about all the menu selections and truly want to make your visit a pleasant one! I took my mom there for her first time and she was extremely impressed that she made lunch reservations that same night to bring her group of friends there.Special Features:
- Musical treatSandyDined on 9/13/2014Dinner Saturday proved to be lovely - great food and Bobby Millitello's group playing in the background. We were seated in an inner room during dinner and we could still talk with our friends while listening to jazz.Special Features:
- Good Food, One RecommendationjpetDined on 9/5/2014My fiance stopped in last week. We enjoyed our appetizers and drinks, the only problem we had was where we sat. Our table was against the wall and was very small. My fiance is a leftie and we had to switch sides because his elbow kept hitting the wall. I would pull that table away from the wall a bit. Cramped dining isn't fun dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014I love this restaurant however this time around kitchen seemed backed up not sure if it was the new menu or perhaps there was a new chef. I will still go back hopefully it was a one time thing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDBoo13Dined on 8/26/2014Met two friends - we'd been at the bar but not the restaurant. The food was great, we had a real mix of menu items and each one was prepared perfectly. I was surprised how large and varied the menu was - something for everyone whether you want something small or a full meal. Our waiter Marty was attentive and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed sitting inside though most preferred outside on that warm evening - great patio. The inside was comfortable and intimate. DEFINTELY a place for a return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost. ResDailyhapdinerDined on 8/19/2014With firm res confirmed via email we showed and were told.. You have no res. we were seated almost immediately which was no surprise since the room was empty. Dinner was fine in spite over an overly zealous sale pitching/ wait staff individual. We left happy! . Only to chastised by email for not keeping our reservation,or at least canceling it so others could be accommodated . Give me a brake! The implication was we would unwelcomed in the future and maybe blackballed from the reservation systemSpecial Features:
- Always a Good ChoiceNYCfoodLoveDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant several times and we are always happy with it. The food is excellent (I only gave it a 'very good' rating because every once in awhile there will be a fail - like the minestrone soup we ordered last time). 90% of the time the food is amazing. The atmosphere is great, and it's always fun to check out the store next door.Special Features:
- CharlDined on 8/12/2014Even though we were not able to dine outdoors, due to rain, we were impressed by the patio seating area and would return to do so. The online menu had more options than the actual menu did, which disappointed some in my group. The seating was spaced adequately, so that we did not feel too close to the next table. However, the room was a few degrees too cool for some in my group. Service was excellent, very attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second chanceSecondversesameasthefirstDined on 8/6/2014The first time at this restaurant found service to be very slow. We thought we'd give it a second chance - if it's possible service was even slower. Sadly the food was just ok. The patio is an awesome place to hang with friends. On our second trip, the band was playing and they opened the doors (I guess so those on the patio could enjoy the music?) but it was just too loud. Conversation was difficult.
- Great neighborhood placeJeanineDined on 8/2/2014Giancarlo's is enjoyable because you can have a contemporary meal without the stuffiness of "fine dining". There's great energy in the restaurant and the food is delicious every time I dine there. But be aware, some of the items tend to be smaller portions for the money.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Giancarlo's reviews archive.
- Great eveningGood2goDined on 7/26/2014Great meal and service is outstanding. Outdoor dining is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSupperClubDined on 7/23/2014I had been to Giancarlo's for brunch and it was outstanding. Went back for lunch and dinner and was very disappointed. Prices are expensive for the size of the portions. The appetizer was extremely small and it was $11. Our party tried three different wood-fired pizzas and there were hardly any toppings on any of them. They all tasted bland and were nothing special. Our bill (without drinks) for four was $75 and all we had were pizzas, chicken wings, and one appetizer! Wings were good though!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchreview4uDined on 7/19/2014My hubby and I decided to stop in on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The food & service was outstanding. The only drawback is there were 2 family's there with their small children seated on each side of us. Now I love children, however these kids were loud and throwing food and toys on the floor which got to be a little annoying after awhile. But all in all the restaurant was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2014Having frequented this establishment a half dozen times previously, I was very disappointed in our last dining experience. Our server was clearly inexperienced (which is acceptable), but having to wait over an hour for our entrees - and my wife's inexplicably not served at the same time with the other five folks in our party (the server forgot to place her order) is NOT acceptable. The manager made no attempt to come over to the table and explain the problem nor did the server state that her order would be a "top priority" in the kitchen. No bread service either, nor drinks refilled.
- coffeelover4everDined on 7/11/2014This was the third time I've visited Giancarlos and it gets better each time. The food, service, and ambience is great. The only issue I think that might be addressed is the noise level. It's too bad you can't tell the loud people to keep it down....yeah, I'm kidding. I know there's not much that can be done about noise, but each time I've dined with Giancarlos, someone has mentioned it. Nothing's perfect, but Giancarlos comes pretty close! Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGoldenGirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food here is just amazing. Service is very good. Ambience is very low key and relaxing. Would make a great date night choice.Special Features:
- New wood fired pizzaBuffaloBillDined on 6/21/2014Their new wood fired pizza oven turns out our new favorite pizza! Excellent dough; thin and chewy. Best of all, unlike so many other places that bake a pizza just until the cheese melts, they actually bake it long enough to develop some color. That's where the flavor is! Their salads are creative and fresh, and their wine list has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner - Would go back!LISA2225Dined on 6/14/2014Best dinner we've had in a long time We're always out Saturday nights trying new places and and had been wanting to try it. We booked at the last minute on OpenTable and they only had one opening left. Great because it's close by and don't have to travel too far...good location. The meal was fantastic. I had the chicken milanese and my fiance had the pork chops. Very large portions and both meals were delicious. Our server was super friendly and was always asking us if we needed anything. Definitely a very loud place, so don't go if you want a quiet place as the high ceilings make it noisy, which wasn't a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.