5110 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giancarlosevents.com/
- Phone: 7166505566x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Pat Powers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Giancarlo's
Sicilian Steakhouse and PizzeriaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Giancarlo's - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Giancarlo's reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Met two friends - we'd been at the bar but not the restaurant. The food was great, we had a real mix of menu items and each one was prepared perfectly. I was surprised how large and varied the menu was - something for everyone whether you want something small or a full meal. Our waiter Marty was attentive and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed sitting inside though most preferred outside on that warm evening - great patio. The inside was comfortable and intimate. DEFINTELY a place for a return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost. ResDailyhapdinerDined on 8/19/2014With firm res confirmed via email we showed and were told.. You have no res. we were seated almost immediately which was no surprise since the room was empty. Dinner was fine in spite over an overly zealous sale pitching/ wait staff individual. We left happy! . Only to chastised by email for not keeping our reservation,or at least canceling it so others could be accommodated . Give me a brake! The implication was we would unwelcomed in the future and maybe blackballed from the reservation systemSpecial Features:
- Always a Good ChoiceNYCfoodLoveDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant several times and we are always happy with it. The food is excellent (I only gave it a 'very good' rating because every once in awhile there will be a fail - like the minestrone soup we ordered last time). 90% of the time the food is amazing. The atmosphere is great, and it's always fun to check out the store next door.Special Features:
- CharlDined on 8/12/2014Even though we were not able to dine outdoors, due to rain, we were impressed by the patio seating area and would return to do so. The online menu had more options than the actual menu did, which disappointed some in my group. The seating was spaced adequately, so that we did not feel too close to the next table. However, the room was a few degrees too cool for some in my group. Service was excellent, very attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second chanceSecondversesameasthefirstDined on 8/6/2014The first time at this restaurant found service to be very slow. We thought we'd give it a second chance - if it's possible service was even slower. Sadly the food was just ok. The patio is an awesome place to hang with friends. On our second trip, the band was playing and they opened the doors (I guess so those on the patio could enjoy the music?) but it was just too loud. Conversation was difficult.
- Great neighborhood placeJeanineDined on 8/2/2014Giancarlo's is enjoyable because you can have a contemporary meal without the stuffiness of "fine dining". There's great energy in the restaurant and the food is delicious every time I dine there. But be aware, some of the items tend to be smaller portions for the money.Special Features:
- Great eveningGood2goDined on 7/26/2014Great meal and service is outstanding. Outdoor dining is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSupperClubDined on 7/23/2014I had been to Giancarlo's for brunch and it was outstanding. Went back for lunch and dinner and was very disappointed. Prices are expensive for the size of the portions. The appetizer was extremely small and it was $11. Our party tried three different wood-fired pizzas and there were hardly any toppings on any of them. They all tasted bland and were nothing special. Our bill (without drinks) for four was $75 and all we had were pizzas, chicken wings, and one appetizer! Wings were good though!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchreview4uDined on 7/19/2014My hubby and I decided to stop in on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The food & service was outstanding. The only drawback is there were 2 family's there with their small children seated on each side of us. Now I love children, however these kids were loud and throwing food and toys on the floor which got to be a little annoying after awhile. But all in all the restaurant was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2014Having frequented this establishment a half dozen times previously, I was very disappointed in our last dining experience. Our server was clearly inexperienced (which is acceptable), but having to wait over an hour for our entrees - and my wife's inexplicably not served at the same time with the other five folks in our party (the server forgot to place her order) is NOT acceptable. The manager made no attempt to come over to the table and explain the problem nor did the server state that her order would be a "top priority" in the kitchen. No bread service either, nor drinks refilled.
- coffeelover4everDined on 7/11/2014This was the third time I've visited Giancarlos and it gets better each time. The food, service, and ambience is great. The only issue I think that might be addressed is the noise level. It's too bad you can't tell the loud people to keep it down....yeah, I'm kidding. I know there's not much that can be done about noise, but each time I've dined with Giancarlos, someone has mentioned it. Nothing's perfect, but Giancarlos comes pretty close! Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGoldenGirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food here is just amazing. Service is very good. Ambience is very low key and relaxing. Would make a great date night choice.Special Features:
- New wood fired pizzaBuffaloBillDined on 6/21/2014Their new wood fired pizza oven turns out our new favorite pizza! Excellent dough; thin and chewy. Best of all, unlike so many other places that bake a pizza just until the cheese melts, they actually bake it long enough to develop some color. That's where the flavor is! Their salads are creative and fresh, and their wine list has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner - Would go back!LISA2225Dined on 6/14/2014Best dinner we've had in a long time We're always out Saturday nights trying new places and and had been wanting to try it. We booked at the last minute on OpenTable and they only had one opening left. Great because it's close by and don't have to travel too far...good location. The meal was fantastic. I had the chicken milanese and my fiance had the pork chops. Very large portions and both meals were delicious. Our server was super friendly and was always asking us if we needed anything. Definitely a very loud place, so don't go if you want a quiet place as the high ceilings make it noisy, which wasn't a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portionsfoodbuffDined on 6/9/2014meal portions were small. The food itself was good as well as the service. No veal dish on the menu.
- Very good foodJeffGDined on 5/28/2014Excellent Italian restaurant tucked in a small plaza. Great choice for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Food selection is diverse, from seafood to steak, pasta, chicken. Large assortment of appetizers and small plates. Wish they would have a steak less than 10 oz, though. Steak skewers (appetizer) is a good entree size. Our table tried the scallops, salmon and 2 of the chicken dishes. Nicely flavored, and came with potatoes/rice and vegetable. With an entree, you can have a side salad for $2 which is a plus. Noise level was high on a Friday night when the restaurant and bar were hopping, but tables are well spaced for conversation. Overall, we really enjoyed our evening and will be back, for sure.
- Giancarlos-Northtowns BestFoodie47Dined on 5/21/2014First time at Giancarlo's. Won't be the last. Wine list is outstanding, food is delicious and served at just the right pace. Desserts are to die for. Wait staff is well trained and very attentive to your every need. If a restaurant ever deserved an 11+ this is the restaurant. If you are in the Buffalo North towns looking for a place to eat. This is the perfect place, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Everything was very good. Will absolutely return. Marty was a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Everything was great except that we had to wait for our table 35mins beyond our reservation timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiedkarkubDined on 5/3/2014I enjoy both lunch and dinner at Giancarlo's. The atmosphere is always pleasant and upbeat. The food and drinks are excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Giancarlo's reviews archive.
- Nice placeTracyrozDined on 4/30/2014The food was good and the service was excellent. Our group all enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014I had lunch and thought the menu was terrific and loved my choice....kale salad with salmon.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!IluvlucDined on 4/28/2014Great for lunch and dinner and Marty is the best waiter! I frequent this restaurant often and am looking forward to warmer weather to enjoy their patio!Special Features:
- Perfectly preparedMutieDined on 4/11/2014Often restaurants load on extra sauces or have extra large portions to prove their expertise, that was not the case here. The food portion sizes were perfect, balanced with a protein (salmon prepared rare as per my request) and two nutrition sides (asparagus, & quinoa). Prices were not extravagant but not cheap either, but you get what you pay for. Dishes were not overly garnished as make some do to make their food look good but not necessarily taste good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere was relaxed business, but we saw tables with very young children too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePJBARRDined on 4/10/2014This dining experience took place on a weekday- it was not too busy but were glad we made a reservation. The food was fabulous- the dining entrees were surf and turf pasta, goat cheese pasta and a ribeye special. Awesome flavors and the service was very very good- our server was very knowledeable and pleasant. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMikieDDined on 4/6/2014Great assortment of food options for even the Finickiest eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimeBridget00Dined on 3/24/2014The food was great. It was not a very busy Monday night. However, the service was very slow.Special Features:
- Good italian foodGoldenGirlVIPDined on 3/14/2014Really nice ambience, good service, great menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014And not as pricey as I had thought it would be. Had a very nice dinner with friends. We ate mostly pasta dishes and one fish fry. Fish was meaty and well cooked but pretty ordinary. Pasta dishes were better and more unusual. Very nice place though and great service!! We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014Whether it's Sunday brunch, a casual meal on the patio in the summer, a fine meal with my wife or a business event Giancarlo's always delivers great food, good service and an excellent wine list. You won't be disappointed. Be sure to make a reservation and ask about the different dining rooms available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu reviewrjw1028Dined on 2/28/2014There should be more seafood items on the menu. The size of the steaks are very large. Most people would like 10 to 12 oz. strip or a 6 to 8 oz. filet. The prices on the steaks are way to high for "choice" cuts. The restaurant is great for lunches. Sandwiches and pizza's are great. Great wine selection as well as the single malt scoth menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerkellsterDined on 2/22/2014We had a table of 7 and were in the main dining room along the wall. The service was top-notch and the food was delicious. water glasses were refilled promptly and no issues on putting through 7 credit cards splitting the bill. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatLove2dineDined on 2/22/2014Overall great experience great food servers and settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKjustusDined on 2/14/2014The service was excellent! Lots of workers helped make the service flow nicely. Very noisy...hard to carry on a conversation in the room closest to bar. The staff could not seem to find us a table in a quieter location. Food was nothing out of the ordinary. Onion soup-good. Dinner salad ($3.00) was right out of the bag with a couple cheery tomatoes, a little grated cheese, fairly good dressing-boring! Chicken parm was just good. Steak was very good. Tiramisu dessert was good but very costly for the amount served. We probably will not go back. It was a very costly meal for so-so food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unwind with Collegues/Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Comfortable setting ... proper pacing and portions ... accommodating for vegetarians.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza restaurant or banquet hallCoachDined on 2/1/2014My recent trip to Giancarlo's was not what I expected My wife and I thought we would enjoy a romantic evening Our first experience at the bar included people sitting in their With families having pizza and wings I don't have a problem with that other than the fact that We paid 18 dollars for two drinks We were then seated next to the kitchen which was loud And very busy All through dinner we were inconvienced by people entering Banquet hallSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerDinerShoreDined on 2/1/2014Had a really nice dinner for my dad's bday at Giancarlo's! Food was very good and service was friendly and fast. Got the baked chicken wings...they were huge, tender, flavorful and yummy!! Way better than Rocco's baked wings! Others got pasta dishes from the menu and they were delighted! We had a nice bottle on wine too! We didn't stay for dessert because we had a cake back home for the special occassion, but I am expecting that Giancarlo's desserts would have been great! I would definately go back with friends!!Special Features:
- Lunch with new friendtmgbuf8056Dined on 1/22/2014I took a friend here for lunch for her birthday lunch and service from the time we were greeted at the door to when we left was hospitable. Attention from the server was enough but not over done. Food was great too. I am relatively new to the area and my husband and I found this Italian restaurant. My friend is local and this was her first time to dine here. we enjoyed how we could talk and not have to 'yell' Also like how this location is part of Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to entertain clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014I made reservations on line which was easy. The hostess found my reservation quickly. We were seated at a table for two up against a wall. The noise reverberated off of the wall and made talking in a normal voice difficult. The food was excellent. I had the roasted beet salad which was good but pricey for the size. The soup was good but nothing spectacular. Opted for dessert which was a bread pudding. Modest portion with great flavor but a bit dry. All I all a good experience and I will definitely come back again without hesitation.Special Features: