5110 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giancarlosevents.com/
- Phone: 7166505566
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Pat Powers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Giancarlo's
Sicilian Steakhouse and PizzeriaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Giancarlo's - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Giancarlo's reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Cus. Service taken to a new level!Erock75VIPDined on 10/15/2014We ordered a steak rare. It came well done. We politely sent it back and not only did they apologize (multiple times) and remake it to perfection (I mean this was one delicious steak) they then removed it from our bill entirely! Customer service at a whole new level! We left happy and stuffed and can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchShaneyVIPDined on 10/14/2014Lunch for four women was handled very well by a young, capable waiter. Everything ordered was delivered perfectly . The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed a lovely lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodCMS1Dined on 10/13/2014The menu is wide ranging and there is something for everyone at Giancarlos. Pizzas (from a wood fired oven), pasta, fish... they have the ability to create sophisticated plates without making them too fussy. We had 3 generations there and everyone was very happy with their dish. The staff was very attentive and friendly as well. The one complaint was from my mother who had a hard time hearing.Special Features:
- LoudLuv2blocalDined on 10/11/2014Upon arrival, things seemed a bit unorganized . There were chairs all over in front of the hostess station and it was difficult to maneuver out of other peoples way. The table they brought us to was a small 2 top in the back by the wait station which was very awkward. Apparently was not a table that was regularly used when the band was not playing. We were to hungry to wait for a new table to become available . I didn't not care for my tuna with the pea purée but he loved his lasagna. Server was great. Very sympathetic and accommodating . They comped our bottle of wine. Very unexpected but appreciative. One of the girls behind the bar kept complaining how tired she was. The other taller girl was very outgoing and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerChickPDined on 10/4/2014The overall dining experience was very good. First time we were there. Service was great & the food was very good. Will go back another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Staff was very attentive. But hard to talk to people across the table.Special Features:
- Good but way too noisyAlwaysoutDined on 9/26/2014We expected a nice quiet dinner for two and we certainly were very happy with our meals and the service but wow, was it noisy. It was hard for us to carry on a decent conversation and we where seated right across from each other. The hardwood floors and open ceiling just echoed everything anyone said. It's a snowball effect as it gets noisier everyone has to talk louder and up it goes again.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableDeeZeeVIPDined on 9/18/2014We dined here recently to celebrate my mother's 93rd birthday. There were 6 of us, and a toddler and infant. The food was all very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was very good too. The toddler dropped and broke a glass. Two waiters came over to clean up and were very thorough in making sure all the glass pieces were found and swept up. They were very gracious about the accident. The only negative about our dinner was that it was very noisy. Our mother wears hearing aids, but she still struggled to hear us. Unfortunately, this is an issue at most restaurants. We would definitely dine here again (but perhaps without mother!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful burgers & great dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Hamburgers were cooked perfectly: right amount of light char on the outside, juicy and evenly cooked throughout. Very tasty burger. Cannoli pastry was very tender. Both of us thought they were the best cannoli we've had. Appetizer of two steak skewers was great--each skewer was ample enough to be the protein component of an entree if paired with a side. Hubby is leaning over my shoulder insistently whispering, "The gelato! Don't forget the chocolate gelato!" Nice, polite staff, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Place Ever!!PrincessDined on 9/17/2014I have rated this restautant with 5 stars as that is truly what it is. The service, food and atmosphere here is the BEST in the area! Servers are very knowledgable about all the menu selections and truly want to make your visit a pleasant one! I took my mom there for her first time and she was extremely impressed that she made lunch reservations that same night to bring her group of friends there.Special Features:
- Musical treatSandyDined on 9/13/2014Dinner Saturday proved to be lovely - great food and Bobby Millitello's group playing in the background. We were seated in an inner room during dinner and we could still talk with our friends while listening to jazz.Special Features:
- Good Food, One RecommendationjpetDined on 9/5/2014My fiance stopped in last week. We enjoyed our appetizers and drinks, the only problem we had was where we sat. Our table was against the wall and was very small. My fiance is a leftie and we had to switch sides because his elbow kept hitting the wall. I would pull that table away from the wall a bit. Cramped dining isn't fun dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014I love this restaurant however this time around kitchen seemed backed up not sure if it was the new menu or perhaps there was a new chef. I will still go back hopefully it was a one time thing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDBoo13Dined on 8/26/2014Met two friends - we'd been at the bar but not the restaurant. The food was great, we had a real mix of menu items and each one was prepared perfectly. I was surprised how large and varied the menu was - something for everyone whether you want something small or a full meal. Our waiter Marty was attentive and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed sitting inside though most preferred outside on that warm evening - great patio. The inside was comfortable and intimate. DEFINTELY a place for a return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost. ResDailyhapdinerDined on 8/19/2014With firm res confirmed via email we showed and were told.. You have no res. we were seated almost immediately which was no surprise since the room was empty. Dinner was fine in spite over an overly zealous sale pitching/ wait staff individual. We left happy! . Only to chastised by email for not keeping our reservation,or at least canceling it so others could be accommodated . Give me a brake! The implication was we would unwelcomed in the future and maybe blackballed from the reservation systemSpecial Features:
- Always a Good ChoiceNYCfoodLoveDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant several times and we are always happy with it. The food is excellent (I only gave it a 'very good' rating because every once in awhile there will be a fail - like the minestrone soup we ordered last time). 90% of the time the food is amazing. The atmosphere is great, and it's always fun to check out the store next door.Special Features:
- CharlDined on 8/12/2014Even though we were not able to dine outdoors, due to rain, we were impressed by the patio seating area and would return to do so. The online menu had more options than the actual menu did, which disappointed some in my group. The seating was spaced adequately, so that we did not feel too close to the next table. However, the room was a few degrees too cool for some in my group. Service was excellent, very attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second chanceSecondversesameasthefirstDined on 8/6/2014The first time at this restaurant found service to be very slow. We thought we'd give it a second chance - if it's possible service was even slower. Sadly the food was just ok. The patio is an awesome place to hang with friends. On our second trip, the band was playing and they opened the doors (I guess so those on the patio could enjoy the music?) but it was just too loud. Conversation was difficult.
- Great neighborhood placeJeanineDined on 8/2/2014Giancarlo's is enjoyable because you can have a contemporary meal without the stuffiness of "fine dining". There's great energy in the restaurant and the food is delicious every time I dine there. But be aware, some of the items tend to be smaller portions for the money.Special Features:
- Great eveningGood2goDined on 7/26/2014Great meal and service is outstanding. Outdoor dining is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSupperClubDined on 7/23/2014I had been to Giancarlo's for brunch and it was outstanding. Went back for lunch and dinner and was very disappointed. Prices are expensive for the size of the portions. The appetizer was extremely small and it was $11. Our party tried three different wood-fired pizzas and there were hardly any toppings on any of them. They all tasted bland and were nothing special. Our bill (without drinks) for four was $75 and all we had were pizzas, chicken wings, and one appetizer! Wings were good though!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchreview4uDined on 7/19/2014My hubby and I decided to stop in on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The food & service was outstanding. The only drawback is there were 2 family's there with their small children seated on each side of us. Now I love children, however these kids were loud and throwing food and toys on the floor which got to be a little annoying after awhile. But all in all the restaurant was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2014Having frequented this establishment a half dozen times previously, I was very disappointed in our last dining experience. Our server was clearly inexperienced (which is acceptable), but having to wait over an hour for our entrees - and my wife's inexplicably not served at the same time with the other five folks in our party (the server forgot to place her order) is NOT acceptable. The manager made no attempt to come over to the table and explain the problem nor did the server state that her order would be a "top priority" in the kitchen. No bread service either, nor drinks refilled.
- coffeelover4everDined on 7/11/2014This was the third time I've visited Giancarlos and it gets better each time. The food, service, and ambience is great. The only issue I think that might be addressed is the noise level. It's too bad you can't tell the loud people to keep it down....yeah, I'm kidding. I know there's not much that can be done about noise, but each time I've dined with Giancarlos, someone has mentioned it. Nothing's perfect, but Giancarlos comes pretty close! Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGoldenGirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food here is just amazing. Service is very good. Ambience is very low key and relaxing. Would make a great date night choice.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Giancarlo's reviews archive.
- New wood fired pizzaBuffaloBillDined on 6/21/2014Their new wood fired pizza oven turns out our new favorite pizza! Excellent dough; thin and chewy. Best of all, unlike so many other places that bake a pizza just until the cheese melts, they actually bake it long enough to develop some color. That's where the flavor is! Their salads are creative and fresh, and their wine list has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner - Would go back!LISA2225Dined on 6/14/2014Best dinner we've had in a long time We're always out Saturday nights trying new places and and had been wanting to try it. We booked at the last minute on OpenTable and they only had one opening left. Great because it's close by and don't have to travel too far...good location. The meal was fantastic. I had the chicken milanese and my fiance had the pork chops. Very large portions and both meals were delicious. Our server was super friendly and was always asking us if we needed anything. Definitely a very loud place, so don't go if you want a quiet place as the high ceilings make it noisy, which wasn't a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portionsfoodbuffDined on 6/9/2014meal portions were small. The food itself was good as well as the service. No veal dish on the menu.
- Very good foodJeffGDined on 5/28/2014Excellent Italian restaurant tucked in a small plaza. Great choice for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Food selection is diverse, from seafood to steak, pasta, chicken. Large assortment of appetizers and small plates. Wish they would have a steak less than 10 oz, though. Steak skewers (appetizer) is a good entree size. Our table tried the scallops, salmon and 2 of the chicken dishes. Nicely flavored, and came with potatoes/rice and vegetable. With an entree, you can have a side salad for $2 which is a plus. Noise level was high on a Friday night when the restaurant and bar were hopping, but tables are well spaced for conversation. Overall, we really enjoyed our evening and will be back, for sure.
- Giancarlos-Northtowns BestFoodie47Dined on 5/21/2014First time at Giancarlo's. Won't be the last. Wine list is outstanding, food is delicious and served at just the right pace. Desserts are to die for. Wait staff is well trained and very attentive to your every need. If a restaurant ever deserved an 11+ this is the restaurant. If you are in the Buffalo North towns looking for a place to eat. This is the perfect place, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Everything was very good. Will absolutely return. Marty was a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Everything was great except that we had to wait for our table 35mins beyond our reservation timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiedkarkubDined on 5/3/2014I enjoy both lunch and dinner at Giancarlo's. The atmosphere is always pleasant and upbeat. The food and drinks are excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeTracyrozDined on 4/30/2014The food was good and the service was excellent. Our group all enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014I had lunch and thought the menu was terrific and loved my choice....kale salad with salmon.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!IluvlucDined on 4/28/2014Great for lunch and dinner and Marty is the best waiter! I frequent this restaurant often and am looking forward to warmer weather to enjoy their patio!Special Features:
- Perfectly preparedMutieDined on 4/11/2014Often restaurants load on extra sauces or have extra large portions to prove their expertise, that was not the case here. The food portion sizes were perfect, balanced with a protein (salmon prepared rare as per my request) and two nutrition sides (asparagus, & quinoa). Prices were not extravagant but not cheap either, but you get what you pay for. Dishes were not overly garnished as make some do to make their food look good but not necessarily taste good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere was relaxed business, but we saw tables with very young children too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePJBARRDined on 4/10/2014This dining experience took place on a weekday- it was not too busy but were glad we made a reservation. The food was fabulous- the dining entrees were surf and turf pasta, goat cheese pasta and a ribeye special. Awesome flavors and the service was very very good- our server was very knowledeable and pleasant. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMikieDDined on 4/6/2014Great assortment of food options for even the Finickiest eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.