25241 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gialairestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2163817200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday
11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday
11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gia Lai
Gia Lai is nothing short of an industry trendsetter, rewarding diners who demand the best of all worlds. We transform authentic Southeast Asian cuisines made with fresh "from scratch" ingredients into tasty delights while transporting you to our vision of the modern day dining experience fit for an Emperor. Follow the spice road to our luxurious stocked bar and enjoy our hand-crafted signature cocktails gathered from all corners of the globe.Continued
Grab an affordable culinary masterpiece to go...
or stay and immerse yourself in the Gia Lai Experience.
Grab an affordable culinary masterpiece to go...
or stay and immerse yourself in the Gia Lai Experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gia Lai reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice atmosphereEllieannDined on 8/29/2014Very good food selection, tastes fantastic and very nice decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like noodles you'll like GLGL082014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and fairly priced. I had the crab rangoon which was very tasty. I also had the eye of round soup, which was excellent. Drink prices were also reasonable. The service for the most part was very good. My only knock would be that our server had to make the three martinis our group ordered and that took quite some time. I was very surprised not to see a bartender handling those duties as they have a fairly nice bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent meal and service. It was our first visit, but not our last. The food was wonderful and our server was great. There were three of us and we ordered shrimp pho, crispy vegetarian noodles and coconut shrimp. We shared the three dishes and we were all impressed. The cocktails were exellent. The cheesecake filled strawberries were to die for. Next time, I want to try the Pad Thai.Special Features:
- Great Service, Delicious FoodTrixicolaDined on 6/6/2014A friend and I had dinner here and it was very enjoyable. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. The menu had plenty of vegetarian-friendly options. I had a vegetarian Pad Thai, and it came loaded up with veggies and tofu. It was delicious. The drink menu also had some unique cocktails. I would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- Disappointing at bestfrequentdinerVIPDined on 5/26/2014The only thing I can say was good was the service. Our server, Megan, was friendly, polite, and efficient. The food was just so-so. Don't even consider ordering the calamari - think Mrs. Paul's. If it didn't come out of a frozen box, I'll be surprised! The veggie lettuce wraps were tasteless; I kept adding soy sauce hoping to improve the flavor, but didn't help. I had the veggie pad tai and my husband had the meat - both were barely OK. I've had so much better. We won't return; too many good restaurants in town.
- Good food, nice ambiancesearchingnewfoodDined on 5/9/2014We went specifically for the Pho, which my husband had. It was very good. Very flavorful with fresh ingredients. I tried something new that I had never heard of before and it was ok. I could tell the ingredients were fresh, but I think the dish ended up just not being my cup of tea. Not the fault of the restaurant, I just wouldn't order it again anywhere. We went because we were kid-free for the evening, but we saw a few table with kids who really seemed to enjoy their dinner. Overall, I think the restaurant is suitable for either a couples night alone or a family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Gia Lai reviews archive.
- don't gosa2014Dined on 5/2/2014went for lunch on a friday - restaurant was empty. despite having a reservation the table was not ready (and sticky), our server was non-existent. appetizers were average but entrees were poor. pad thai tasted like ketchup (server hardly apologized for the off flavor and didn't offer to do anything to correct it), bahn mi had mystery meat (definitely was not pate). would not recommend to anyone.
- review1review1Dined on 4/19/2014The place was dead for a Saturday night. Husband pho soup was ok. I got spring rolls for an appetizer and it was fried in old oil and tasted horrible.
- vietnamese food east sideNickVIPDined on 4/4/2014We used to have to go downtown for vietnamese food, but not any more. Great food, beautiful restaurant, cheerful staff. Get the Pho, get the Bun, and vietnamese coffee (cafe sua). Try the fresh spring rolls too, best I've had in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backasianfoodexpertDined on 3/14/2014As an Asian american, I'm pretty picky about my pho and other asian dishes. For casual dining at a new, clean, modern restaurant I found Gia Lai to be delicious. It has several vegetarian options as well as nonveg. I tried the veg pho my first trip and it came with a generous portion of vegetables and sauces that I could add at my own discretion. The second time I came here I tried the tofu with black bean sauce. It was also delicious but didn't come with as many veggies so I ordered extra veggies on the side for an extra cost. Our server was super friendly, professional, and always had a smile on her face. For the reasonable price, the location, and delicious Asian cuisine, there's no doubt I'll make it here for a third visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodMarioDined on 2/14/2014Nice place. Not crowded..even on valentines day. Good food, pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014Terrific Thai food, good for small and loathe groups. Pho was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not one of those places youSteveVIPDined on 1/4/2014Not one of those places you go for hopping nightlife or to be in the presence of the beautiful people but if you want a GREAT bowl of pho, this is the spot. Not our first trip to Gia Lai nor will it be the last. See you again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service friendly but food lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2013As previous reviews have noted, the food is very Americanized. The pho was decent enough (hard to go wrong with that?), but the dry vermicelli with pork (bun) was below expectations-- the pork, which generally is grilled in small pieces, was sliced in uniform large slices from one large (grilled?) piece, such that you had strips of very white meat atop the noodles and was not appetizing at all. The cucumbers could be sliced in strips and not big chunks. All in all, if you are desperate for Vietnamese food, haven't been here in a while, and downtown is too far, then this could suffice.Special Features:
- nothing to write home aboutMsMMMDined on 11/8/2013They take a lot of shortcut. Meat are not marinated or cookeed with the sauce instead cooked separately and have the sauce separately poured on top. As the result the food was very bland. I will not go back and do not recommend.
- nice asian placenewcleerDined on 11/2/2013good food. a bit americanized, but clean and superfast and friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good without waitingcolobokDined on 10/11/2013my friends and I like this place. friendly, healthy, moderately priced. never had to wait for a table.
- Great Pho and Wonderful ServicePhillygirl2206Dined on 9/26/2013I went for a double date on a Thursday night. We all got some kind of Pho and we all loved the food. The bar was well stocked and there was a beautiful waterfall in the dining room. I can't wait for another opportunity to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013The food was very fresh and nicely presented. Additionally, the service was exceptional. I highly recommend the vegetarian pho.Special Features:
- A delight again!WestsideGuestDined on 8/12/2013Came to Gia Lai for a daddy/daughter date before she went back to college and had a wonderful time! The food was super flavorful, service was wonderful and love the ambiance. Been here multiple times and always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change upnewcleerDined on 7/24/2013Nice to eat some other food in Legacy Village. Food was good. Clean flavors and light. Seafood and vegetarian options. Def will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciously delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013We had a fabulous dinner at GiaLai! Our waiter Shawn was wonderfully attentive without being pushy. We loved the classy décor- very mellow!Special Features:
- Vietnamese FeastMed58Dined on 7/8/2013Had one appetizer and two entrees with 2 special beverages for $51. Try the salted plum beverage - not salty at all, actually quite sweet. If you're looking for something more tart, try the sparkling limeade. Vegetarian rice paper roll appetizer served with a velvety peanut sauce was a great beginner. The sauce quantity was more than adequate and we kept it to use on our entrees. The pan seared scallops were served with thin slices of cucumber, jasmine rice and a marvelous sauce. Scallops were tender and flavorful and the crisp cucumber was a nice contrast. Vegetarian Singapore noodles were also a pleaser. Lots of large chunks of vegetables and sauteed tofu had a slightly spicy, curried flavor. Service was pleasant and prompt.Special Features:
- Much Better than Expected!WestsideGuestDined on 6/15/2013Had decided to go to Gia Lai on a much needed date with my wife, and then started reading negative reviews online. Went in a little unsure, but gotta say our experience was Outstanding! The decor is modern yet elegant. Our server (Estacia) was simply tremendous! Wonderful attitude, very knowledgeable, quick, and checked back often. Food was fresh, hot and flavorful. Started with tempura vegetables appetizer - light, not greasy, and great veggies (broccoli, tarot root, onion, sweet potato) and a soy dipping sauce that I could have drank a shot of! Our entrees were the Pineapple Chicken and Shaking Beef - the sweet incredible flavor of the Pineapple Chicken played very well with the deep pepper flavor of the beef. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Gia Lai!AlyseDined on 6/14/2013Food was great! Nice to be able to go somewhere and order healthy but tasty! Server was really sweet!!Special Features:
- Not My Cup of SoupMe2222Dined on 6/5/2013The restaurant is beautiful, the service was good and the server very pleasant And if you like bland, tasteless food, then this place is for you. My wife enjoyed her meal, a large bowl of soup with vegetables And broth. Even my Shrimp rolls were loaded with carrots. Just
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourMelissaVIPDined on 4/27/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The shaking beef was tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Stopped in for lunch - hadixlr8VIPDined on 4/27/2013Stopped in for lunch - had the Bahn Mi and the Vermicelli Noodle dish with Beef. I hate to say it, but it was American Thai, kind of like that local Chinese take out in American Chinese food. The restaurant is very nice, the decor, the water feature, added class to the place, but the food was just okay. We were glad to have paid lunch prices for the meals we ate. If you're looking for a quick thai taste to tied you over while shopping at Lennox, this is a decent spot.Special Features:
- The Thai dish we had was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/14/2013The Thai dish we had was better then the Pho, which lacked a depth of flavors -- much better places in Cle for pho.
- Everything was great! I veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Everything was great! I very much enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service and would certainly go back.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedPiqua41VIPDined on 3/29/2013We were pleasantly surprised with our mainstream and Vietnamese chicken salads. Great and with impressive homemade dressings. A nice bar scene and I enjoyed my well-priced glass of Malbec. We'll return for sure.Special Features:
- Loved the vegeterian pho nOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013Loved the vegeterian pho n the fried rice. However the spring rolls were too oily n I could squeeze a tbsp of oil from each one easily.Special Features:
- Good pho, good pad thai, goodDavidDined on 3/14/2013Good pho, good pad thai, good Sinagpore noodles. First time there and although a little bit pricey a good meal and we shall return.Special Features:
- Food was hot, quickly servedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Food was hot, quickly served and inexpensive. Not anything special but adequate.. Good for lunch or a light biteSpecial Features:
- We had a bunch of dishes,bleeVIPDined on 3/1/2013We had a bunch of dishes, my kids loved the pot stickers and we had the Tai wings and crab rangoons, all appatizers, very good! we ordered the curry chicken, pad tai and another dish, all excellent. The service was great and the beer was cold and the food came fast. we will be back to try more.............Special Features:
- mikeys23Mikeys23Dined on 2/23/2013When we arrived the restaurant was probably 1/4 full (arrived for 6:30 reservations). Restaurant is new to Legacy Village, and not located with the other Legacy restaurants. Made the comment to my wife that I hope that it survives given location. Not sure many people know about it yet. Appetizers were good (had calamari, spicy shrimp, and lettuce wraps). All were good. Nothing really stood out. Entree was excellent (bowl of Pho with chicken, wife had vegetable bowl of Pho). All food came out really quickly, which was great with the kids being with us. Server was very good. Stopped back several times to check up on us. Will definitely be back.
- Beer BathHarleyraddocVIPDined on 2/16/2013We made our reservation easily on Open Table. When we arrived, we were seated promptly in a nice booth. The waitress came over to the table within a few short moments and took a drink order. My wife got a glass of wine, I ordered a Guiness. We lifted our glasses to toast our "date night" sans children, and the bottom of my glass literally plunked to the table, and my full beer hit my lap. So I'm sitting there like an idiot with an empty broken glass in my hand hovering in the air, my clothing awash in beer, and my wife and I gaping at each other. No waitress in site. I thought about toughing it out, for about a nanosecond. Decided sitting in beer and wetness for about an hour was not worth any food, no matter the quality. We left.
- Food was the disappointment hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Very nice space with interesting lighting. Enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the attentive service. We expected food to be well-prepared and were disappointed. Our plates were piled high with food that was missing any flavor. Food compared to an average Chinese restaurant. A lot of it, but just not very good. We really wished it had been better as we did enjoy the space. But we will not be back.
- Good overall place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Good overall place to eat. The Thursday deals are awesome.Special Features:
- The food was very tasty andTeacherdanVIPDined on 12/29/2012The food was very tasty and all ingredients were fresh.