1941 New Garden Road
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.drinkeatlisten.com/
- Phone: (336) 907-7536
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - Until the last guest is served.
Modern Tea: Saturday & Sunday 2:00PM-4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Anders Benton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Library is an exclusive space for getting friends or colleagues together for drinks and small plates, up to 14 guests. For larger parties we offer our guests the Parlor. This space is ideal for parties between 25-50 guests depending on your event. The Lounge is our most recent addition. This space is perfect for cocktail parties between 12-25 guests standing.
- Private Party Contact: Nino Giaimo 3369077536x
- Entertainment: Live music Thursdays and Saturdays. Call for more details.
- Special Events: GIA WINE SOCIETY DISCUSSION SERIES
Join us on the first Monday of every month for an open forum discussion about wine. In true Gia fashion we will be drinking our wine topic! Feel like you don't know much about wine, that's ok! Come drink listen and learn.-- No One and everyone is an expert in our society, all you have to do is be willing to drink and discuss your opinion. Each evening includes 3 to 4 glasses of the topic wines to enjoy and compare during the discussion.
DESIGNER COCKTAIL SERIES
Join us for cocktail adventures of the past present and future. A hands on Mixology class, taught by owner/ mixologist Nino Giaimo, that explores where the "topic" cocktails started, where they are now and what the "topic" libation might become. Call for reservations or make them on the website or Opentable.
A word from Gia-Drink.Eat.Listen.
The atmosphere at Gia is a 19th century modern dining room that leads to an outdoor balcony that overlooks New Garden Road. The vibrant space includes a drinking and eating bar high tables. On selected nights, live music will fill the air. The "Library"or "Parlour", are tucked away in the back of the restaurant, and are ideal for private parties, celebrations, and any type of gathering you can imagine. We offer our guests a unique menu that includes a variety of small plates that are sautéed or baked in a wood fire oven. We call our dishes "small plates" because we want all of our guests to try multiple items and share them with each other. One of our signature menu items that we offer is called "Schiacciata," which is a Sicilian flatbread. Our drink menu consists of wide array of wines, craft beers, and our interpretation of vintage cocktails.Continued
We look forward to seeing you. Ciao!
We look forward to seeing you. Ciao!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Gia-Drink.Eat.Listen. - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Gia-Drink.Eat.Listen. reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)special occasion (41)good for groups (40)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (33)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (23)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Always enjoy an evening at Gia.MicheleDined on 11/19/2014Excellent atmosphere, great wine list, good food. Would like a few more vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has variety & is deliziosa!ChristieDined on 11/2/2014This is a personal favorite! This time we shared our dining experience with friends from out of town who only eat chicken or fish. We have found that while dining at some restaurants this can be a problem, but the variety on the menu at GIA offers many selections ~ they enjoyed it immensely & have already said they can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avnavDined on 10/29/2014I have been to Gia several times now and have never been disappointed. This last visit, we had a unique offering of Bleu Cheese Ice cream for dessert. I was somewhat hesitant, but it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!ChristieDined on 10/28/2014A personal favorite that we shared with family this visit! The SCHIACIATE or flatbread cooked in their beautiful red tiled wood fire oven won us over several visits back! Try the PROSCUITTO AND ARUGULA and the SPICY SAUSAGE AND YELLOW PEPPERS for sure! Tried this for the first time and immediately took us back to our travels in Europe - CHEF CHARCUTERIE PLATE! All of these were split among 4 people and it was the perfect "taste" for us all. CHICKEN KABOBS WHITE BEAN CROSTINI WOOD FIRED CAULIFLOWER CORIANDER DUSTED SCALLOPS We finished with a sampling of each of their desserts including the special which was a blue cheese homemade ice cream over a pear tart – amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry in Greensboro?FooddawgVIPDined on 10/21/2014I first discovered Gia during the spring 14 furniture market and just visited again. Like the last time the food was great, the service pleasant and my group of hard to please New Yorker, Miami and Venice Italy Foodies vowed to return next market. Greensboro has some decent food but this is the only place that reminds me of a cosmopolitan restaurant in any big city in the world. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would never go backGsofoodieDined on 10/21/2014Service was terrible. Expected me to pay for a full glass of wine that the bartender poured by mistake. Food was not good at all. Very inventive menu but bland.over priced, decent amount of food for small plates but not tasty food.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend!GailJDined on 10/19/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Greensboro. Gia has a standing everyday menu and a chef's weekly special menu. Both are excellent. My family and I went recently and recommend the lamb shanks, the asparagus wrapped in bacon, the cheese platter, the spicy sausage pizza with goat cheese, the chicken kabobs, and the jumbo shrimp. Our only disappointments were that they had run out of the lamb special and the pork belly sliders were a wrong choice for my son...he did not realize how much fat there was in pork belly. Also, the atmosphere is sophisticated, yet comfortable and intimate. The service is excellent and you are definitely made to feel welcome.Special Features:
- GIA IS GREAT!SOGODined on 10/17/2014First visit was a wonderful experience - food great, service great, atmosphere enjoyable, even tho a bit noisy. We are already planning our next visit!
- Food undercookedslinkDined on 10/16/2014Food prep quality is slipping. Both the salmon and roasted cauliflower were a disappointment. The idea of ordering six items and having them come out one at a time is awful. We ordered for our own likes not to share. We were there on a thurs nite at 7:30p but it wasn't that crowded. Music and singer was great but too loud to enjoy eating and drinking. It's nice to have background music, not a concert. We may be back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014Have been here many times. Each time is the consistent great service, outstanding small plates, and wonderful selections of wines. Will continue to go there as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findGreensborogalDined on 10/12/2014A friend and I went to Gia's for the first time to celebrate her birthday. We were impressed with the service and the assortment of small plates that were on the menu. The vegetable plates we had were excellent as well as the seafood. The wine list was impressive, with low markup. I would definitely return. As for the library, if you want a quiet place to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceFrany74Dined on 10/10/2014I went here with some girlfriends and we had a great time. They specialize in small plates, so we got several dishes and shared. Everything we got was delicious and excellently seasoned. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- New FeelMamaBDined on 10/8/2014I recently went for dinner and found Gia's much lighter and fresh with so many different areas to sit and options for different functions! Like everything new! There are not many quaint places in Gboro like this for a different dining experience. Food choices were good at reasonable prices. Will be back many times!Special Features:
- Outstanding surpriseDisneyKDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit and wanted to try something else. All the meals are tapas style which are appetizer plates of food. The price range is from $3 to $12 and we chose 4 different meals. The broccoli rabe was so good we could of had another plate. The wine list is more on the pricey side so I only had 1 glass but the desert (tiramisu) was very good. We will definitely be back - so many other meals to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!Todd4OscarDined on 10/3/2014If you want, great hospitality, good food and excellent service....go to Gia! It is unique, affordable, and friendly !Special Features:
- love GIA!MelrobDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I have been several times as well as to their special events and we love it! Megan and the staff are always so friendly, update and attentive. The atmosphere is nice and fun, can be romantic or trendy, actually both. My girlfriends and I go out there too for cocktails and small plates. A place you can't go wrong at!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful wine bar and bistro. Will continue to go there for superb wine, tapas plates, and service.Special Features:
- Always a great time !OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2014I am a regular to GIA , always live the place. My only disappointment was I brought a friend for her birthday and said that on the reservation on open table etc. the staff was great on greeting her with Happy Birthday but it was sad to have a $70 Bill for two and still be charged for a small slice of cake that was "made" to sound " on the house " - they could have done better on that for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful.MasiekDined on 9/20/2014Love this place. Excellent food. If you prefer a quiet dining experience request to be seated in the library. The other area has live music and loud acoustics. So you can choose what noise level you prefer. The food is amazing. Best chocolate martini I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegbDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant has great ambience, delicious food and we had a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great side room up front for having a small ladies gathering! Love the comfortable chairs...makes it feel like someone's home. We needed more chairs but the staff accommodated that need perfectly! We'll definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceAndresDined on 9/6/2014Tried this restaurant for date night. Really enjoyed the ambience and low noise level. Our server was great. The cocktails were very good. We tried several tapas dishes and all were wonderful! We will definitely visit again. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic Night OutMimiDined on 9/5/2014Gia's is a great bar with good food to sit and hang with friends. It has a great vibe.Special Features:
- Incredible service at GIALindaBDined on 9/3/2014This was our first visit to GIA. We travel a lot and eat in many different kinds of restaurants. GIA is unique for Greensboro. We loved the tapas menu. The finale, the chocolate cake, was awesome and was terrific with the malbec wine we had. Our server could not have been friendlier and more helpful. She added a lot to the whole evening.Special Features:
- Small Intimate SpotSuretopleaseDined on 9/3/2014Love the feel of GIA. Great Ambiance and sophisticated feel along with a delicious small plate menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/3/2014Fantastic place, a real jewel for Greensboro. Will continue to wine and dine there. Excellent small plates with attentive service.Special Features:
- Fun place. Courteous, helpful staffekmrDined on 8/31/2014The food was really good. It was fun trying different things. We did I not break the bank, as with some tappas restaurants. A good place to go for dinner, or just drop in for a snack and drink. It's in our neighborhood, so we plan to go back regularly. We were there with our adult children, and everyone thought it was good and great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing!RefreshingDined on 8/20/2014This was a great find for dinner after work. It came recommended by many friends, but we enjoyed our evening in the small room at the window facing New Garden. This restaurant was refreshing in that there are not many other restaurants with such a chic and classic feel to it in Greensboro. The food was great, although we wished there were a few more crackers or pieces of bread on our charcuterie plate. We ordered the fried artichokes (very savory), charcuterie, tiramisu, and fruitti di mare. Service was quite good, as well.Special Features:
- RuthVIPDined on 8/19/2014GIA is such a cool spot for professionals to gather. Nice to be somewhere that there are not so many kids, if any. Love the place.Special Features:
- Great food for social nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Tapas are the best way to enjoy food, drink and company. If you have never tried it, you must. Well priced for great food.Special Features:
- Great!FuntimeDined on 8/9/2014We had a great table - great service, and the food was delicious!
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered the entire menu of small plates for our group of nine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy itsockmonkeyDined on 8/8/2014We enjoy going and taking friends that have never been. We really appreciate being recognized and acknowledged by the management. This was the second time we needed to adjust our reservation and it was handled with no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeerdudeDined on 8/8/2014Great beverage choices - lots of beer, wine and cocktails. The food was delicious - 4 of us shared 4 different entrees and vegetable plates. We all enjoyed each plate. We will be back! We were seated in the library which is quieter than the parlor/bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesHank22VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food is fresh innovative and delicious. Love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to ReconnectpricenoobjectDined on 8/7/2014We got together a group of old friends who hadn't seen each other in years and went to Gia. While it was a little noisy, sitting in "the Library" sheltered us from the bar noise considerably, so we had no trouble talking, even when the jazz band began to play. This was a Thursday night, so I don't know about Saturdays. The food was good and fun for sharing. It's easy to spend a lot, because you just can't resist trying one more! All in all, we had a very nice time, and I think we'll go back and take another bunch of friends.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our mealFamilyDinerDined on 8/6/2014This was our first time at Gia - party of 4. We "lucked out" and went on a Wed night - red/white wine was half price. Our server was very good and attentive. I think the menu is a good size - bit of everything and reasonably priced. Overall the food was very good and well prepared. There was a "mis-step" with the broccoli rab - very bitter and our Ahi Tuna was a bit over seared ---so 4 stars instead of 5. We will return and try for 5 out of 5.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Have been to Gia's on numerous occasions and will continue. This is a crown jewel in Greensboro. Excellent service, fantastic small plates, and wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkableNeighborVIPDined on 8/5/2014Had not been for awhile. Everything we ordered was just wonderful. Will return sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the ordinarySmokeyDined on 8/4/2014This was our 2nd visit to Gia and the same high standards were evident at both visits. We love the small plate concept as every one at the table gets to sample all the plates (or not if you prefer). Food comes out to the table in a timely fashion & is well prepared and flavourful. Service is attentive & courteous and aims to please. Excellent selection of wine & beer to accompany the meal. One suggestion - please offer regular coffee, most folks like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.