1941 New Garden Road
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.drinkeatlisten.com/
- Phone: 3369077536x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Until the last guest is served.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ian Ross
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Library is an exclusive space for getting friends or colleagues together for drinks and small plates.
- Private Party Contact: Nino Giaimo 3369077536x
- Entertainment: Live music Thursdays and Saturdays. Call for more details.
A word from Gia-Drink.Eat.Listen.
The atmosphere at Gia is a 19th century modern dining room that leads to an outdoor balcony that overlooks New Garden Road. The vibrant space includes a drinking and eating bar high tables. On selected nights, live music will fill the air. The "Library"or "Parlour", are tucked away in the back of the restaurant, and are ideal for private parties, celebrations, and any type of gathering you can imagine. We offer our guests a unique menu that includes a variety of small plates that are sautéed or baked in a wood fire oven. We call our dishes "small plates" because we want all of our guests to try multiple items and share them with each other. One of our signature menu items that we offer is called "Schiacciata," which is a Sicilian flatbread. Our drink menu consists of wide array of wines, craft beers, and our interpretation of vintage cocktails.Continued
We look forward to seeing you. Ciao!
We look forward to seeing you. Ciao!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gia-Drink.Eat.Listen. - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Gia-Drink.Eat.Listen. reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (41)notable wine list (40)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (34)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (26)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GIA IS GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014First visit was a wonderful experience - food great, service great, atmosphere enjoyable, even tho a bit noisy. We are already planning our next visit!
- Food undercookedslinkDined on 10/16/2014Food prep quality is slipping. Both the salmon and roasted cauliflower were a disappointment. The idea of ordering six items and having them come out one at a time is awful. We ordered for our own likes not to share. We were there on a thurs nite at 7:30p but it wasn't that crowded. Music and singer was great but too loud to enjoy eating and drinking. It's nice to have background music, not a concert. We may be back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014Have been here many times. Each time is the consistent great service, outstanding small plates, and wonderful selections of wines. Will continue to go there as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findGreensborogalDined on 10/12/2014A friend and I went to Gia's for the first time to celebrate her birthday. We were impressed with the service and the assortment of small plates that were on the menu. The vegetable plates we had were excellent as well as the seafood. The wine list was impressive, with low markup. I would definitely return. As for the library, if you want a quiet place to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FeelMamaBDined on 10/8/2014I recently went for dinner and found Gia's much lighter and fresh with so many different areas to sit and options for different functions! Like everything new! There are not many quaint places in Gboro like this for a different dining experience. Food choices were good at reasonable prices. Will be back many times!Special Features:
- Outstanding surpriseDisneyKDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit and wanted to try something else. All the meals are tapas style which are appetizer plates of food. The price range is from $3 to $12 and we chose 4 different meals. The broccoli rabe was so good we could of had another plate. The wine list is more on the pricey side so I only had 1 glass but the desert (tiramisu) was very good. We will definitely be back - so many other meals to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!Todd4OscarDined on 10/3/2014If you want, great hospitality, good food and excellent service....go to Gia! It is unique, affordable, and friendly !Special Features:
- love GIA!MelrobDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I have been several times as well as to their special events and we love it! Megan and the staff are always so friendly, update and attentive. The atmosphere is nice and fun, can be romantic or trendy, actually both. My girlfriends and I go out there too for cocktails and small plates. A place you can't go wrong at!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful wine bar and bistro. Will continue to go there for superb wine, tapas plates, and service.Special Features:
- Always a great time !OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2014I am a regular to GIA , always live the place. My only disappointment was I brought a friend for her birthday and said that on the reservation on open table etc. the staff was great on greeting her with Happy Birthday but it was sad to have a $70 Bill for two and still be charged for a small slice of cake that was "made" to sound " on the house " - they could have done better on that for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful.MasiekDined on 9/20/2014Love this place. Excellent food. If you prefer a quiet dining experience request to be seated in the library. The other area has live music and loud acoustics. So you can choose what noise level you prefer. The food is amazing. Best chocolate martini I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegbDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant has great ambience, delicious food and we had a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great side room up front for having a small ladies gathering! Love the comfortable chairs...makes it feel like someone's home. We needed more chairs but the staff accommodated that need perfectly! We'll definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceAndresDined on 9/6/2014Tried this restaurant for date night. Really enjoyed the ambience and low noise level. Our server was great. The cocktails were very good. We tried several tapas dishes and all were wonderful! We will definitely visit again. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic Night OutMimiDined on 9/5/2014Gia's is a great bar with good food to sit and hang with friends. It has a great vibe.Special Features:
- Incredible service at GIALindaBDined on 9/3/2014This was our first visit to GIA. We travel a lot and eat in many different kinds of restaurants. GIA is unique for Greensboro. We loved the tapas menu. The finale, the chocolate cake, was awesome and was terrific with the malbec wine we had. Our server could not have been friendlier and more helpful. She added a lot to the whole evening.Special Features:
- Small Intimate SpotSuretopleaseDined on 9/3/2014Love the feel of GIA. Great Ambiance and sophisticated feel along with a delicious small plate menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/3/2014Fantastic place, a real jewel for Greensboro. Will continue to wine and dine there. Excellent small plates with attentive service.Special Features:
- Fun place. Courteous, helpful staffekmrDined on 8/31/2014The food was really good. It was fun trying different things. We did I not break the bank, as with some tappas restaurants. A good place to go for dinner, or just drop in for a snack and drink. It's in our neighborhood, so we plan to go back regularly. We were there with our adult children, and everyone thought it was good and great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing!RefreshingDined on 8/20/2014This was a great find for dinner after work. It came recommended by many friends, but we enjoyed our evening in the small room at the window facing New Garden. This restaurant was refreshing in that there are not many other restaurants with such a chic and classic feel to it in Greensboro. The food was great, although we wished there were a few more crackers or pieces of bread on our charcuterie plate. We ordered the fried artichokes (very savory), charcuterie, tiramisu, and fruitti di mare. Service was quite good, as well.Special Features:
- RuthDined on 8/19/2014GIA is such a cool spot for professionals to gather. Nice to be somewhere that there are not so many kids, if any. Love the place.Special Features:
- Great food for social nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Tapas are the best way to enjoy food, drink and company. If you have never tried it, you must. Well priced for great food.Special Features:
- Great!FuntimeDined on 8/9/2014We had a great table - great service, and the food was delicious!
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered the entire menu of small plates for our group of nine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy itsockmonkeyDined on 8/8/2014We enjoy going and taking friends that have never been. We really appreciate being recognized and acknowledged by the management. This was the second time we needed to adjust our reservation and it was handled with no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeerdudeDined on 8/8/2014Great beverage choices - lots of beer, wine and cocktails. The food was delicious - 4 of us shared 4 different entrees and vegetable plates. We all enjoyed each plate. We will be back! We were seated in the library which is quieter than the parlor/bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesHank22VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food is fresh innovative and delicious. Love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to ReconnectpricenoobjectDined on 8/7/2014We got together a group of old friends who hadn't seen each other in years and went to Gia. While it was a little noisy, sitting in "the Library" sheltered us from the bar noise considerably, so we had no trouble talking, even when the jazz band began to play. This was a Thursday night, so I don't know about Saturdays. The food was good and fun for sharing. It's easy to spend a lot, because you just can't resist trying one more! All in all, we had a very nice time, and I think we'll go back and take another bunch of friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Have been to Gia's on numerous occasions and will continue. This is a crown jewel in Greensboro. Excellent service, fantastic small plates, and wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkableNeighborVIPDined on 8/5/2014Had not been for awhile. Everything we ordered was just wonderful. Will return sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the ordinarySmokeyDined on 8/4/2014This was our 2nd visit to Gia and the same high standards were evident at both visits. We love the small plate concept as every one at the table gets to sample all the plates (or not if you prefer). Food comes out to the table in a timely fashion & is well prepared and flavourful. Service is attentive & courteous and aims to please. Excellent selection of wine & beer to accompany the meal. One suggestion - please offer regular coffee, most folks like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24chanceDined on 8/2/2014Every time our experience has been the same. Outstanding! From beginning to end. #1 in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amb56Dined on 8/1/2014Great evening. Always wonderful service...Jade was exceptional. Thanks!!Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 7/31/2014This place would be great for first dates or a girls night out. You could take your time and be there all night or if things aren't going well on a date you could get out of there quickly after only one or two tapas. Food comes out very quickly once ordered. Live music on Thursday night was a nice touch. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!pastamamaDined on 7/27/2014As usual we had a wonderful meal and great service...this has become our go to for dinner with friends. We love your flatbreads and there are also lots of meat free options for our vegetarian friends also. We invited another new couple...their first time and they said they will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Drink. Eat. Enjoy!luv2dineDined on 7/26/2014I picked this restaurant for a night out with friends based on Trip Advisor reviews. I had recently eaten at a similar restaurant, (Curate), in Asheville, NC and thought the small plate/tapas format would be fun. Gia was a great find! Upon entering, we immediately were taken in with the atmosphere. It's a great blend of modern, eclectic yet inviting. Our server was spot on with her cocktail suggestions, (she recommended, and I wholeheartedly agree -the Black Gin Rickey is outstanding! And neither of us like gin...). We started right away ordering our food which was brought to us fairly quickly: the Garlic Oregano Frites and the Wood Fired Cauliflower were great starters. And the food just kept getting better as we went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Todd4OscarDined on 7/10/2014In today's world of so-so food and service, GIA is above and beyond! Friendly attentive service coupled with excellent food (both in flavor and presentation) makes for an incredible evening out. "Small Plates" are their specialty, but amazing flavors and choices are their goal. Try it, you'll love it!Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2014Maybe we should give them a pass because it was July 4th but the food was not as good as usual. Chef be more inspired.
- Great for date nightEdieDined on 7/4/2014Good food for the price. Accommodates vegetarians and gluten-free diners. Wine list impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitrem66Dined on 7/3/2014Gia was recommended by a neighbor. Enjoyed the location of our table by a window & comfortable seats. Liked the varied food and beverage menus. The food was excellent & liked the small plate/share concept but prefer to receive all the food at one time instead of in stages. Waitress was excellent, very knowledgeable & friendly. We are in our mid-60's & the evening was going great until the live music began. Much too loud for our table location & we went from having a wonderful experience to looking forward to the band taking a break or quitting. The music itself was good, just too loud. It made talking across, even a small table difficult. Will return for a lunch or an evening when music is not scheduled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.