Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
7400 Ocean Ave
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6097292802
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - late nite (contact for daily hours)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarellaprovides on or off-site catering for any event no matter how small or large. Our chef will personally assist you in selections from our extensive menu or can accommodate your own personal choices.
A word from Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella - Best Restaurants in Wildwood ›
Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (24)romantic (17)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FalconDined on 9/14/2014Good Food enjoyed by everyone recommend this South Jersey gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodMellsDined on 9/8/2014We decided to try this spot since it was a BYOB and it was near our hotel. Delicious fresh food. Great variety. Veal dishes were perfect. Pork chop was great and huge. Can't go wrong with the desserts. Overall very satisfying to all! Can't wait to go back next year when we come back to the shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was delicious, and it's a BYOB. Service was excellent. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/6/2014Attentive service. Somewhat pricey for the locations and ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all pretty goodkatdemDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant was nice and service was great except for when the specials were presented to the table next to ours had items we weren't given! A bit disappointing seeing I would've chose differently but we were already served. My steak was ordered medium rare and came out medium well and was not tender. All order dinners wee fine Veal Gia Tortellini with vodka sauce and penne marinara. I would go back and order something different next time. I also noted our server seemed to think we were in a rush and we definitely were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dinner at the shorecrackcrabDined on 8/29/2014The food was very good. The service was wonderful. I glad we found a very good BYOB Italian restaurant in Wildwood. PS the chocolate pecan pie was delicious.Special Features:
- Could have been very good...Tee23Dined on 8/28/2014Could have had a much different experience if the service was as good as the food. We saw our waiter once to give our orders and then again when he brought the check. He was annoyed that we asked for potatoes instead of pasta due to a dietary restriction, and generally just seemed like he didn't have the time of day for us. Yes, they were busy, but this is a vacation town- so they really need people that can handle it. There were many other food runners and bus people opening wine and bringing things out- but the salads we ordered never arrived (too bad for them, $30 came off our bill) and pasta came out instead of potatoes. It was remedied quickly, and the food was absolutely delicious. If you don't mind poor service, the food is worth it.Special Features:
- AugieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have dined previously at Gia's which was better than our recent experience. It was restaurant week in Wildwood and the restaurant was very busy. The server forgot to mention some of the specials which we listened to as neighboring waiters told other diners about them. The server apologized for this and mentioned that he was very busy waiting on other tables so could be give him our order now. We have enjoyed dining there in the past and would recommend it to others but not during restaurant week.
- Awesome foodLove2italianDined on 8/28/2014It was Resturant week and mom and I wanted to try a new place!! Gia's stood out to me because I seen it on tv for the best of the shore!! The moment we walked in and Gia greeted us she was amazing and friendly!! Our server was so nice and suggested the Resturant week menu!! Food was outstanding and hot!! It was very busy but a little to loud. We will be back for sure. So happy to found a excellent resturant!! Thank you Gia'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back.diamondbeachbumDined on 8/27/2014Our service and food were excellent. We like the fact that it is a BYOB. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 8/26/2014Horrible service, 9except from one waiter who wasn't our waiter ) Ran out of bread so substituted cucumbers ?? sloppy service, courses brought to table before finishing the one in front of us. appetizers good, main course bland. Would have been better off eating at a boardwalk establishment
- Great meal and wonderful serviceSunshinesGirlDined on 8/26/2014We had a delicious meal at Gia The service was excellent Our waiter was John B They give u Nice portions so we took some home with us for lunch the next day Cost was not too expensive Compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilburDined on 8/25/2014Food was good but wait time on courses very long. From order till appetizer took over an hour. Probably would not return.
- Overall Very GoodJackiDined on 8/25/2014The food and service were excellent. The waiter's recommendations were superb from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2014This is one of our all-time favorites and it did not disappoint. Large portions, great preparation -- a can't miss.
- Gia's Is A Rare Diamond - IIMark2AlexisDined on 8/21/2014My daughter & I made dinner reservations and we're greeted warmly by Beth Sobel Chiarella. Team Gia all stopped by and greeted us especially Devon, Crystal, Connor & our waiter for the evening Michael Gatto. The appetizers were scrumptious from shrimp to calamari - all Cheferella special creations and dinners were amazing as usual. Despite the restaurant being very busy, service was prompt, courteous and a delight. Team Gia makes you feel like a member of the family and the Cheferella Mia F Chiarella never fails to delight with her cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gia's is a Culinary DiamondMark2AlexisDined on 8/19/2014Gia's has become our favorite place to dine for fine cuisine. Since our first visit earlier this summer, we have repeatedly been impressed by the culinary creations of the Cheferella Mia F. Chiarella herself, the warm friendly ambiance and the overall sincere care provided by Team Gia.Special Features:
- Amazing!!ProllDined on 8/16/2014Do yourself a favor and check out this amazing spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- let downOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Will not return. Cold food. Tasteless muscles. Wrong food order. Poor table service. Didn't even have the correct cutlery to eat with.
- Positive experience with few bumpsVisitinginwildwoodDined on 8/15/2014Chicken parm was delicious, we asked for grilled chicken and while not on the menu they accommodated us. Chicken Milanese came out as a breaded chicken cutlet. The chicken was delicious, but not what was expected. linguini with spinach in garlic and oil had no taste. Fried calamari delicious, but plate was half empty. No bread served -- my daughters' noticed that other tables had been served bread. We agreed we would go again, but would ask questions and order differently.Special Features:
- Good Food, OverpricedLawHooVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good and tasty. However, it is ridiculously overpriced for what you get and where you get it. It is also BYOB and no liquor store close by. Lots of large tables which means a small party could get lost in the mayhem, but the service was right on point and attentive.
- Outstanding Dinner!tneynopDined on 8/13/2014We visited Gia's for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed our entire experience! We were met by Mia at the door, she was very gracious. Everything we had from the bread and dipping oil to our entrees was simply succulent! I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are interested in a very high quality meal! My wife had a veal dish that was unbelievable and my steak was tender, very tasty and cooked exactly as ordered! The desserts look delicious but we were so stuffed after our dinner, we didn't have room to try them!Special Features:
- AmazingProllDined on 8/9/2014Do yourself a favor and try out this local gem that blows away any spot at the shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to end a vacationwillgobackDined on 8/8/2014Gia's is a great italian restaurant. The sicilian calamari was spicy, but not too hot. The one order of this appetizer was enough for four of us. The fried provolone cheese with anchovies was another great appetizer our table of five shared. The entrees were great also. Three out of the five ordered veal sorrento and you did not need a knive. This dish was so flavorful and again the amount of food was very generous. Our server Giuseppe was the best. His knowledge of the menu was very impressive. He could tell you what every dish and how it was made. Even with the restaurant being as crowded as it was Giuseppe was right there for any assistance. We never feel rush, but definitely you felt welcomed. Everything was homemade even the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fine mealTonyDined on 8/5/2014Our meal was excellent, service was great and as always we had a great time.Special Features:
- KyleKyleDined on 8/5/2014Food was very salty. We had to send one entree back because it was very salty and unable to be eaten. The waiter told us that he had eaten the dish and it was always salty. They left the returned entree on the bill and I refused to pay for bad food. . It then took 17 minutes to get it removed from the bill. Maybe the management should spend less time drinking wine and keep an eye on its guests.
- Never ceases to amaze!broodersDined on 7/31/2014Right from the start we knew it was going to be a busy night at our favorite restaurant Gia's when we saw the party of 40. This didn't affect our service or our food one bit. Sicilian calamari was crispy not greasy, amazing marinara, hot cherry peppers and capers. Warm bread,wonderfully flavored dipping evoo and some of the best pickled cuke slices! Veal sorrento featured the most tender veal with spinach,prosciutto and mozzarella in a rich mushroom Marsala sauce was so delicious I was tempted to lick my plate. My BFF salmon lover ordered the special nut encrusted done to perfection. We were welcomed by the delightful owner/hostess and the owner/chef came out to say hello and check on our meals. Service was friendly and spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but online menu is outdatedNeverCookDined on 7/27/2014As many other reviews noted, a good restaurant in the area. I suspect a lot of reviews on different sites were by friends/etc. . Too many reviews where they mention the owners and chef personally but in most cases, reviewers mention the "owners"or "chefs" not their personal names. The menu is outdated on the website and the prices are much higher (about 20%). I find this to be very misleading especially at the shore when so many families have kids and perhaps on a dinner budget. If they have time to have new menus printed, they certainly have time to update their menu online. With all that being said, the food was really good. The Sicilian Calamari was great. I had Chicken Tomasino and he had Veal Gia and we both enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- DtownfamDined on 7/26/2014Been to Gia's several times. Like the new location much better. Delicious Italian food, very generous portions, reasonable prices for a tourist area. Hostess and waiter very friendly. We will be back next trip to the shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildwoodDined on 7/25/2014We have been to Gia's many times and we are never disappointed. The ambiance, atmosphere and food are excellent. On our recent visit to celebrate a birthday, our server, Sean, was excellent. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPADJPADDined on 7/23/2014Hard to find good Italian food in this neighborhood, Gia's food was delicious! Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out at the shoreJimMVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food and friendly, attentive service. Our waiter made excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceJerseyfoodieDined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner on a recent visit to Gia's. Everything from the appetizers to dessert was delicious and well prepared. The salad with arugula, pears and cheese was surprisingly good. The entrees were fresh and flavorful and provided generous portions. Our only complaint is the restaurant's setting. The room is dated and needs to be renovated. If the owners are able to update it or relocate, this restaurant would be a welcomed gem in the Wildwoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gia at the Sand CastlePatjphillyDined on 7/14/2014Gia's was delicious. We went for our 30th anniversary and the hostess let us pick our own table. She was very friendly and funny. Our waiter, Devon, was professional in every way. He checked on us without being too intrusive. I had the salmon special, and it was cooked and seasoned to perfection. My husband's chicken parm was plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch DiningSinnerDined on 7/10/2014Gia's is an oasis in this area. The savior to those who savor fine food! I highly recommend the restaurant to those individuals who want to stray from the normal offerings in the area. Typically, in a vacation destination such as Wildwood, dining on great food is a challenge. The area is littered with tourist traps. Places promising cheap deals on substandard food. Gia's is a place for which a romantic date, a family gathering, or a group of friends can dine happily. Food is the real treasure here. Appetizer portions are surprisingly large. They are nearly all about the long hots (peppers) in a variety of dishes. I had broccoli rabe, sausage, & long hots. Main course, NY Strip topped w/ blue cheese & crab meat. Absolutely superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Gia - great find on the islandLsperbsDined on 7/9/2014We are never disappointed. They are open off season which is hard to find in the Wildwoods and the food is always very good. They can accommodate a group(call ahead) and they are very accommodating, BYOB doesn't change the value in this gem. Give them a try I promise you will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencemerchVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant was recommended by friends. Was very disappointed from when we first sat down, having had a wine glass with lipstick filled with wine that we brought. Also the waiter was not familiar either how dishes were prepared. Had to constantly go back and forth to the kitchen. Parking is not the best. Food was mediocre and overpriced.Special Features:
- FalconDined on 6/19/2014Food was excellent (Italian) Outstanding menu during restaurant week and very reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodSteakEaterDined on 6/18/2014If you are in Wildwood Crest GIA's is the place to enjoy great Italian food with classy service. Their veal dishes are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindylouDined on 6/18/2014we were a little annoyed that the prices online are significantly lower than the actual prices. Food was not consistently good for our large party.