944 Wayne Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gharekabab.com/
- Phone: 3015874427
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ghar-E-Kabab
'The restaurant offers the flavors of India and Nepal in a more healthful way.'-Washington PostContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ghar-E-Kabab reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lovely atmospherecelebratingDined on 2/17/2014We love the food, go to the restaurant for quite dinners and occasionally also order for delivery. In this occasion, we went as a large family group and the food and service was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian Cuisine!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014My girlfriend and I found this restaurant through OpenTable and decided to give it a try. I made a reservation the morning before we arrived and our table was ready when we arrived. The staff was extremely friendly, and the food was excellent. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends. Parking is easy since it is right across the street from a garage that is often free. If you are a fan of spicy foods, I would recommend the Chicken Vindaloo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!CarolVIPDined on 8/10/2013Ghar-E-Kabab always satisfies us. The restaurant offers something for everyone, be they meat eaters or vegetarians. The food is tasty, nicely presented with attentive service and an attractive setting. Parking is available across the street in a county garage.Special Features:
- Probably not a fair reviewKattYumDined on 8/5/2013Have to admit I was there for a business lunch, so probably did not have enough of an experience to truly rate the restaurant. However, the lunch buffet was very tasty, though not really exceptional. The service was very attentive and the pricing very reasonable. The décor is rather blah. All together, from my limited experience, a good place to go for lunch, at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbrunchDined on 5/14/2013Never disappointed with the food and great service.Special Features:
- Quality, upper-midrange Indian/NepaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/3/2013Quality, upper-midrange Indian/Nepalese cuisine. The lamb dishes are excellent, as is the chicken tikka masala. The samosas are served piping hot, and the sauces that come with them are not for the faint of heart.Special Features:
- a great restaurant reinvented.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013Ghar e kabab is a local legend. There indian food has been highly rated by native indians and non indians alike. That's usually because great food is universal. With an ample choice for both vegetarians a meat eaters, ghar e kabab will not disappoint. All of their dishes are top notch for the northern style to which they use. Their nand breas are great and the tikka masala chicken will win any one over.Special Features:
- Food and service were wonderful.kateDined on 4/1/2012Food and service were wonderful. Things move at a relaxed pace, which was perfect for us that evening.
- Expensive and blandKBTKPKDined on 3/17/2012This place might a little higher rating from me if the prices weren't so high and the portions so small. The food is largely flavorless. We had tandori shrimp, chicken vindaloo, and saag paneer -- not a single dish impressed. Even the spicy stuff is just pepper, not flavor. Compare to Tiffin in Langley Park, which has stellar and very consistently stellar food. Ghar-E-Kabab's decor is nicer and its waitstaff more pleasant, but I'll go for the better food at Tiffin anytime.