GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill
606 N. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ggswaterfront.com/
- Phone: (954) 929-7030
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Every day 11:00 - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: 4-7pm every day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: GG's Waterfront offers catering for parties of 20-500 (and even larger upon request). Our experienced banquet team will listen to your request and help you plan an event that will impress your guests. Private dining room available. Meeting room. Dockside parties. Lounge Parties and events. Sales Meetings. Banquets. Weddings. Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. Anniversaries. Special Events. Call for our banquet menus and a complimentary proposal.
- Private Party Facilities: Along with our private Banquet facilities GG's has it's classic Wine cellar room that seats up to 14 guests on one large table in the Wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Janet Mcreynolds, Lise-Anne Serafini 9549297030x
- Entertainment: Live Music on Sunday Nights from 5-9pm. No Cover. Happy Hour every night from 4-7 pm featuring premium wines, cocktails, beers and select appetizers at special prices.
- Special Events: Every Sunday join us from 4-8 pm for our Water Party! Happy Hour specials on apps and drinks at the bars, live music!
A word from GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill
Affordable waterfront dining! Here you'll enjoy an amazing selection of day boat fish, fresh seafood, lobster and stone crabs, raw bar specialties and superb steaks and chops grilled to perfection! GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill is centrally located on beautiful Hollywood Beach, minutes from Ft. Lauderdale, Aventura and 15 miles from Miami. Overlooking the Intracoastal waterway with 450 feet of dock, this is a fabulous way to enjoy beautiful waterfront sunsets! Newly remodeled and updated, the interior is elegant, yet casual and comfortable. The main dining room also features views of our large, bustling open kitchen. You can even dine al fresco on the covered dockside patio or relax and have a cocktail, appetizers or a meal in our outdoor lounge or main bar. The restaurant is a Hollywood Icon - in the 50's and 60's it was the famous Rat Pack hang-out of Frank Sinatra and his buddies. Now you can enjoy our legendary waterfront dining and views!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (85)scenic view (78)special occasion (47)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (17)notable wine list (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Location, locationSpoiledbygreatfoodDined on 11/10/2014The food is good, but without the waterfront location, this restaurant would not have the following it does. The service runs that fine edge between attentive and/or feeling the waiter is rushing the meal. We had to hold our ground in order to enjoy our time there or we would have eaten and been out the door in one hour.. Lastly, I appreciate the valet parking. it does make things easier but since I don't think there is an option, the $4 charge feels funny. Valet service at restaurants is provided as a courtesy and the you happily tip the workers.Special Features:
- A place to see and be seenAngel4RealDined on 11/7/2014A nice place where it's reputation Became evident .... unfortunately my waiter Nathinal was the WORST... Awkward, clumsy and inappropriate With that said food well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!MunchinFoodDined on 11/7/2014Had a lunch gathering with folks I was meeting for the first time professionally and it was an awesome place that made a good impression with the food, the service and the scenery. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!BeauVIPDined on 11/3/2014This was my first time at GG's and they did not disappoint! Excellent food and the best waiter I have had in recent memory. I had dinner outside and the atmosphere was wonderful! From stone crabs to grouper entree, to coffee and dessert, awesome in every way! The brunch has been highly recommended by a friend so looking forward to trying that next time. Highly recommend! Great experience!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Great food, great wine and a very nice and friendly bartender named Will. Definitely go back :)Special Features:
- Phenomena; experienceFredVIPDined on 10/31/2014you can't beat the ambiance of sitting on the intracoastal and watching the boats go by while having a great meal. Food and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a great time dining here. It was my first time here and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food...Better SunsetBobSeeDined on 10/25/2014We went 15 minutes early because a reservation was not available when we wanted. What a luck! We got our order placed and watched a sliver of the moonset and a sunset while enjoying crabcakes and oysters. Our dinners (scallops, seabass and snapper) were all excellent and our server was always there to make sure each serving was correct and to our liking. Great place to visit with good friends.Special Features:
- Great experience!GreatnessMay7Dined on 10/23/2014I absolutely loved the food. It was light, refreshing and delicious. The ambiance was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with the girlsjaneDined on 10/23/2014we had a very relaxing lunch. the food was better than expected . we would make a date there again.will try for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Place in Hollywood FloridaSanantoniofoodieVIPDined on 10/20/2014We went to GG's based on other reviews. It did not disappoint! We started in the bar enjoying their happy hour wine which were some of the best deals I have seen in awhile. When we went to the dining room, we ordered the surf and turf, filet and lobster that was so good, and more than enough for two to share. This is a great place and we will be back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, amazing food & serviceHungryinNCDined on 10/19/2014The service was exceptional and the food was excellent. My hubby and I ask to sit outside and had a romantic relaxing table overlooking the water. Our waitress was professional and paid extra attention to every little detail. We enjoyed her very much. The inside of the restaurant looked equally as inviting. Steak was cooked to perfection, I had a great glass of red Sangria, and our key lime pie was amazing. A really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchbrickcityDined on 10/5/2014Great brunch menu...Sat outside with the view of the waters. Nice way to start a day with brunch on the waters.Special Features:
- spot onfoodfirst27Dined on 9/30/2014I was meeting a family member in town for a nearby conference. This was just right for proximity, an escape from the conference food and a breath of fresh air. The menu has something for everyone. The view's great. There's plenty of space to relax and talk without being on top of other diners. Food and service were both excellent. It was the best meal he had during his 3 days in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambience but...HeidiVIPDined on 9/28/2014Everything we ate was excellent - oysters, grouper, snapper, spinach, key lime pie. We loved dining on the patio overlooking the water. Unfortunately, the service was poor. Our waiter's accent was so heavy as to make him very difficult to understand, we had to ask for bread twice, we weren't asked if everything was good until we had almost finished our meal, had to wait an inordinately long time for the waiter to pick up the credit card at the end of the meal. We were there on a Sunday night so they weren't very busy.Special Features:
- they do it right!blissDined on 9/27/2014Great food, and attentive service to all our needs. Here, making the customer happy is the focus and they did. We were a group of 5 and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Everything we had was delicious! Everyone was also very friendly from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time not so fineyfishloverDined on 9/26/2014both food and service were uneven quality this time, our second time here. The main courses were excellent: sea bass on white beans, linguini w shrimp, salmon over wild rice. Wonderful blue point oysters, whole table enjoyed them and the calamari appetizer perfect - tender, lightly battered, wonderful marinara. On the downside both the ceviche and the crème brulee appear to be made with short cuts and fell short. Great views over the intercoastal watching both beautiful nature and beautiful yachts go by. Waiter occasionally forgot part of the order. All the wait staff friendly and eager to please.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food was inconsistent, some items really good and some really bad- pasta terribly undercooked with little seafood. Service was average. Scenic view was nice, but interior could use some updating. Definitely not worth the money we spentSpecial Features:
- Brunchout2lunchDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance was very good. The food was cold. When we told the waiter he said we should have told him 'earlier', but he never came around. He sent the manager who said it couldn't be cold because everyone else is eating it.Special Features:
- Sunday Fun Day @ GG's WB&GYikesDined on 9/7/2014GG's is the perfect place for all occasions. Sunday Brunch @ GG's is always an absolute delight..... THANK YOU for the open invitation and look forward to celebrating the next occasion @ GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightusuallygoodDined on 8/31/2014We had a table for 9 and all the food came out at different times. Also after 2 bottles of champagne they ran out. Waitress did her best in a bad situation.Special Features:
- Expensive!iManuelDined on 8/30/2014I would love this restaurant, but my waiter was not the best. Gone half of the time and forget most of the stuff we asked him to get us. At the end, he have me this rediculus bills. That drew the line for me.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedAZKurtDined on 8/29/2014Awesome restaurant. Very surprised we got in at the last minute on a Friday night - thank you Open Table! We were seated right on the water. With the moon out it was very romantic. Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceFoodiesDined on 8/29/2014We had the double lobsters and salmon dishes. Excellent oysters for an appetizer. Would recommend to friends. Lovely restaurant. Valet area a bit crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Brunch Ever!!!!!luckysevansDined on 8/24/2014For her birthday outing, Big Sister chose GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill to celebrate. The endless choices of food was outstanding. You name it, they had it and we ate it! Everything was delicious. We enjoyed GG's for Brunch so much that we are going there once a month for Sunday Brunch! Oh yeah, the view was beautiful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good great, parking not so muchbossfanDined on 8/21/2014Been here several times and always a good experience. The current $35 menu is a good value with several nice choices including pear risotto and ribeye heart. My only consistent problem here is parking during peak times. There is no choice but to valet and the lot is so crowded with jammed in cars, that it took over 20 min to get the car after dinner on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and great foodKathyTDined on 8/21/2014Good food, great service! The valet is a bit of a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatFlemingsVIPDined on 8/20/2014The service was the best part of the experience. The Oyster Rockefeller had pieces of shells that make them almost inedible. My wife's fish filet was full of bones. Not a great dining experience from a culinary stand point.Special Features:
- Love!marajgoldVIPDined on 8/17/2014#Fantastic! Every single item ordered was perfection! We could eat here daily:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic BrunchPreciousToGaDined on 8/17/2014There is broad variety of breakfast and lunch items. The smoked salmon was superb and you must the PowPow Shrimp!!Special Features:
- Splendid Sunday BrunchNancyDined on 8/17/2014It was a sunny day in Miami and we thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our anniversary with Sunday brunch at GG's with our family. The food was absolutely wonderfully attractive, plentiful and delicious! The servers were polite and attentive. The ambiance was lovely. We sat outside, enjoying the water view and boats sailing by while we ate a leisure brunch that lasted for a couple of hours. I would definately recommend GG's to anyone who is interested in a beautiful setting and a wide variety of all care to eat delicacies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Wasn't completely satisfied with either the 1st or 2nd Dish. But the staff were super friendly & displayed awesome customer service so I didn't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseRocioDined on 8/15/2014I had to find a local restaurant to meet a friend from out of town who was staying at the Westin Diplomat on Ocean Drive. Not being from the beaches, I looked online and found GG's. The pictures on the website were nice but they were nothing compared to the actual locale. Beautiful! The staff were super friendly and approachable and the restaurant was casual elegant, but not stuffy and the vibe was hip, but not a nightclub feel. The food came out very fast, was delicious, and plentiful! Definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for vacation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Good food, fresh fish was great. Reasonably priced and excellent service.Special Features:
- ExcellentJvrclrVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were referred by the Hollywood Trolley driver and were not disappointed. Great food and a very beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, service, and ambiance.SandyBDined on 7/26/2014We went about 8pm on a Saturday date night and everything was great. We sat outside and even though it was the middle of summer it was cool enough to be comfortable and it was a great view right on the water. We shared the pow pow shrimp and they were delish and it was a very generous portion. Wedge salad was great. Crab cakes were good but not great. Lobster and crab pasta was also great. We will definitely be back! And we've already recommended to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 480 reviews are from the GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- GreatdaworldbosssDined on 7/22/2014Went here for a friends birthday dinner in a group of 15. They were able to accommodate us easily. The food was great and they did not mess up anyones order. I hive it a thumbs up for food and service and great views if you sit on the outside deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trading Off LocationPeterTDined on 7/19/2014Under relatively new ownership, GG's has apparently been renovated inside & out. The food (two small plates) was average to above average but not outstanding. A minor annoyance was the fact that the wooden tables in the dining room had neither table cloths nor placemats. Because of being on the water with resulting level of humidity meant that glasses constantly gave off condensation leaving puddles of water on the table. Diners have to use their own napkins to wipe of the table periodically.Special Features:
- DDQuebecDined on 7/13/2014It's very expansive et we have a little in our plate.Special Features:
- it was lateLuvJayVIPDined on 7/6/2014Despite it was near closing time, I still ended myself and they didn't rush us either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.