GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill
606 N. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ggswaterfront.com/
- Phone: 9549297030x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Every day 11:00 - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: 4-7pm every day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: GG's Waterfront offers catering for parties of 20-500 (and even larger upon request). Our experienced banquet team will listen to your request and help you plan an event that will impress your guests. Private dining room available. Meeting room. Dockside parties. Lounge Parties and events. Sales Meetings. Banquets. Weddings. Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. Anniversaries. Special Events. Call for our banquet menus and a complimentary proposal.
- Private Party Facilities: Along with our private Banquet facilities GG's has it's classic Wine cellar room that seats up to 14 guests on one large table in the Wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Janet Mcreynolds, Lise-Anne Serafini 9549297030x
- Entertainment: Live Music on Sunday Nights from 5-9pm. No Cover. Happy Hour every night from 4-7 pm featuring premium wines, cocktails, beers and select appetizers at special prices.
- Special Events: Every Sunday join us from 4-8 pm for our Water Party! Happy Hour specials on apps and drinks at the bars, live music!
A word from GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill
Affordable waterfront dining! Here you'll enjoy an amazing selection of day boat fish, fresh seafood, lobster and stone crabs, raw bar specialties and superb steaks and chops grilled to perfection! GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill is centrally located on beautiful Hollywood Beach, minutes from Ft. Lauderdale, Aventura and 15 miles from Miami. Overlooking the Intracoastal waterway with 450 feet of dock, this is a fabulous way to enjoy beautiful waterfront sunsets! Newly remodeled and updated, the interior is elegant, yet casual and comfortable. The main dining room also features views of our large, bustling open kitchen. You can even dine al fresco on the covered dockside patio or relax and have a cocktail, appetizers or a meal in our outdoor lounge or main bar. The restaurant is a Hollywood Icon - in the 50's and 60's it was the famous Rat Pack hang-out of Frank Sinatra and his buddies. Now you can enjoy our legendary waterfront dining and views!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (71)scenic view (65)romantic (36)special occasion (35)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- BrunchbrickcityDined on 10/5/2014Great brunch menu...Sat outside with the view of the waters. Nice way to start a day with brunch on the waters.Special Features:
- spot onfoodfirst27Dined on 9/30/2014I was meeting a family member in town for a nearby conference. This was just right for proximity, an escape from the conference food and a breath of fresh air. The menu has something for everyone. The view's great. There's plenty of space to relax and talk without being on top of other diners. Food and service were both excellent. It was the best meal he had during his 3 days in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambience but...HeidiVIPDined on 9/28/2014Everything we ate was excellent - oysters, grouper, snapper, spinach, key lime pie. We loved dining on the patio overlooking the water. Unfortunately, the service was poor. Our waiter's accent was so heavy as to make him very difficult to understand, we had to ask for bread twice, we weren't asked if everything was good until we had almost finished our meal, had to wait an inordinately long time for the waiter to pick up the credit card at the end of the meal. We were there on a Sunday night so they weren't very busy.Special Features:
- they do it right!blissDined on 9/27/2014Great food, and attentive service to all our needs. Here, making the customer happy is the focus and they did. We were a group of 5 and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Everything we had was delicious! Everyone was also very friendly from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time not so fineyfishloverDined on 9/26/2014both food and service were uneven quality this time, our second time here. The main courses were excellent: sea bass on white beans, linguini w shrimp, salmon over wild rice. Wonderful blue point oysters, whole table enjoyed them and the calamari appetizer perfect - tender, lightly battered, wonderful marinara. On the downside both the ceviche and the crème brulee appear to be made with short cuts and fell short. Great views over the intercoastal watching both beautiful nature and beautiful yachts go by. Waiter occasionally forgot part of the order. All the wait staff friendly and eager to please.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food was inconsistent, some items really good and some really bad- pasta terribly undercooked with little seafood. Service was average. Scenic view was nice, but interior could use some updating. Definitely not worth the money we spentSpecial Features:
- Brunchout2lunchDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance was very good. The food was cold. When we told the waiter he said we should have told him 'earlier', but he never came around. He sent the manager who said it couldn't be cold because everyone else is eating it.Special Features:
- Sunday Fun Day @ GG's WB&GYikesDined on 9/7/2014GG's is the perfect place for all occasions. Sunday Brunch @ GG's is always an absolute delight..... THANK YOU for the open invitation and look forward to celebrating the next occasion @ GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightusuallygoodDined on 8/31/2014We had a table for 9 and all the food came out at different times. Also after 2 bottles of champagne they ran out. Waitress did her best in a bad situation.Special Features:
- Expensive!iManuelDined on 8/30/2014I would love this restaurant, but my waiter was not the best. Gone half of the time and forget most of the stuff we asked him to get us. At the end, he have me this rediculus bills. That drew the line for me.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedAZKurtDined on 8/29/2014Awesome restaurant. Very surprised we got in at the last minute on a Friday night - thank you Open Table! We were seated right on the water. With the moon out it was very romantic. Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceFoodiesDined on 8/29/2014We had the double lobsters and salmon dishes. Excellent oysters for an appetizer. Would recommend to friends. Lovely restaurant. Valet area a bit crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Brunch Ever!!!!!luckysevansDined on 8/24/2014For her birthday outing, Big Sister chose GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill to celebrate. The endless choices of food was outstanding. You name it, they had it and we ate it! Everything was delicious. We enjoyed GG's for Brunch so much that we are going there once a month for Sunday Brunch! Oh yeah, the view was beautiful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good great, parking not so muchbossfanDined on 8/21/2014Been here several times and always a good experience. The current $35 menu is a good value with several nice choices including pear risotto and ribeye heart. My only consistent problem here is parking during peak times. There is no choice but to valet and the lot is so crowded with jammed in cars, that it took over 20 min to get the car after dinner on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and great foodKathyTDined on 8/21/2014Good food, great service! The valet is a bit of a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatFlemingsVIPDined on 8/20/2014The service was the best part of the experience. The Oyster Rockefeller had pieces of shells that make them almost inedible. My wife's fish filet was full of bones. Not a great dining experience from a culinary stand point.Special Features:
- Love!marajgoldVIPDined on 8/17/2014#Fantastic! Every single item ordered was perfection! We could eat here daily:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic BrunchPreciousToGaDined on 8/17/2014There is broad variety of breakfast and lunch items. The smoked salmon was superb and you must the PowPow Shrimp!!Special Features:
- Splendid Sunday BrunchNancyDined on 8/17/2014It was a sunny day in Miami and we thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our anniversary with Sunday brunch at GG's with our family. The food was absolutely wonderfully attractive, plentiful and delicious! The servers were polite and attentive. The ambiance was lovely. We sat outside, enjoying the water view and boats sailing by while we ate a leisure brunch that lasted for a couple of hours. I would definately recommend GG's to anyone who is interested in a beautiful setting and a wide variety of all care to eat delicacies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Wasn't completely satisfied with either the 1st or 2nd Dish. But the staff were super friendly & displayed awesome customer service so I didn't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseRocioDined on 8/15/2014I had to find a local restaurant to meet a friend from out of town who was staying at the Westin Diplomat on Ocean Drive. Not being from the beaches, I looked online and found GG's. The pictures on the website were nice but they were nothing compared to the actual locale. Beautiful! The staff were super friendly and approachable and the restaurant was casual elegant, but not stuffy and the vibe was hip, but not a nightclub feel. The food came out very fast, was delicious, and plentiful! Definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for vacation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Good food, fresh fish was great. Reasonably priced and excellent service.Special Features:
- ExcellentJvrclrVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were referred by the Hollywood Trolley driver and were not disappointed. Great food and a very beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, service, and ambiance.SandyBDined on 7/26/2014We went about 8pm on a Saturday date night and everything was great. We sat outside and even though it was the middle of summer it was cool enough to be comfortable and it was a great view right on the water. We shared the pow pow shrimp and they were delish and it was a very generous portion. Wedge salad was great. Crab cakes were good but not great. Lobster and crab pasta was also great. We will definitely be back! And we've already recommended to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatdaworldbosssDined on 7/22/2014Went here for a friends birthday dinner in a group of 15. They were able to accommodate us easily. The food was great and they did not mess up anyones order. I hive it a thumbs up for food and service and great views if you sit on the outside deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trading Off LocationPeterTDined on 7/19/2014Under relatively new ownership, GG's has apparently been renovated inside & out. The food (two small plates) was average to above average but not outstanding. A minor annoyance was the fact that the wooden tables in the dining room had neither table cloths nor placemats. Because of being on the water with resulting level of humidity meant that glasses constantly gave off condensation leaving puddles of water on the table. Diners have to use their own napkins to wipe of the table periodically.Special Features:
- DDQuebecDined on 7/13/2014It's very expansive et we have a little in our plate.Special Features:
- it was lateLuvJayVIPDined on 7/6/2014Despite it was near closing time, I still ended myself and they didn't rush us either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD QUALITY LACKING1CYNICALDINERVIPDined on 7/5/2014Too Bad, nice venue, great views. Food quality just not up to par with pricing, service and venue. Shrimp cocktail at $5.00 PER SHRIMP should have been fresh off the boat, properly chilled and cooked with a nice crunch. soft and warm didm't do it for me. Cioppino bland and tasteless, seafood ingredients overcooked and rubbery. Crumbulee tasted like it'd been sitting in the fridge for a few days, not freshly made.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Highly recommend if you're in Hollywood! Food was really good as was service...Special Features:
- Hasn't disappointed yet!Neighbor33019Dined on 7/4/2014Great for Date Night and we do intend to bring our up-and-coming 10 year old foodie with us soon.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurant...PfeilschneidDined on 6/29/2014It is a nice place to sit by the water outside. The Blue Point oysters are amazing and a MUST if you like oysters. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinVIPDined on 6/24/2014Dinner for six - everyone left very happy. Persnickety friends left perfectly happy.Special Features:
- The following 471 reviews are from the GG's Waterfront Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- All good things come to an end...CocoaDined on 6/22/2014Last Sunday was probably my 8th and last visit to GG's. This place was a gem, but for the past 3 or 4 visits, it has gotten progressively worst. The quality and variety of food has declined and the prices keep going up. On this last visit, the service was so deplorable that I had to go get my own utensils and even go to the bar to correct my Mimosa order because the waiter was virtually non existent. At about $37 per person, I'd expect at least B+ service and more than just standard breakfast and lunch items and what seemed like Publix type of desserts....
- Water findfrequentdiner1Dined on 6/20/2014Great spot on water for dining. Good food great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSV1Dined on 6/16/2014Food was great. The patio was great for dining with a nice view and nice ambiance. The only downside I woud mention was that service (i.e. waitstaff) was slow. Overall, a nice place with a nice dining environment and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable Father's Day DinnerElSolDined on 6/15/2014Pow Pow shrimp appetizer was delicious, scallops with Risotto dish was spectacular, and service was great. My father ordered the Cioppino and it was a bowl of endless delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but lovely!JaneDined on 6/14/2014Great view of intracoastal. Delicious meal. Clean, comfortable, fine dining. Great place to take out of town guests. Only negative is bartender. My order of Glenfiddich and water was almost entirely water. When I asked for some scotch with my water, the second drink was similarly weak. Too expensive for such a weak drink.Special Features:
- Average food, good mix for brunchopalcalaVIPDined on 6/8/2014We usually have brunch here a few times a year, but the food quality has really declined. It's not bad, but the desserts tastes as if they came from a different supplier. They were too sweet, in an artificial kind of way. The eggs and other breakfast items were also not being warmed properly. Our server was excellent and stayed on top of things without being there too much. Maybe it was an off day, I'll probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Setting, Below Average FoodPhilSommelierVIPDined on 6/7/2014It's a shame that such a nice looking place in such a nice setting on the intracoastal has such low standards for food and service. During our last dinner every dish was poor. Smelly seafood is just unacceptable and a health hazard, yet everything from the crab cakes to shellfish did not smell fresh. Staff training is not first rate. If you peer into the open kitchen it looks dirty, greasy and disorganized. If you check online you will find multiple healh violations. If you want to stop for the nice setting drink, fine, but have dinner elsewhere.