515 Fellowship Road
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ggsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8562220335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm (Limited Bistro Menu); Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Stewart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: GG's offers a semi private section. A personalized menu is created for your special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah O'Connor-Murphey 8563806050
- Entertainment: Live piano music Tuesday thru Saturday starting at 7:00pm.
A word from GG's Restaurant
GG's Restaurant "The Art Of Fine Dining" *Creative American Cuisine* *Impeccable, Attentive Service* *An Event, Not Just A Meal*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GG's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food quality disappointsEnjoysgoodfoodDined on 7/14/2014We had been here a couple of years ago and found the food quality had changed. Much lower than before and not worth the price.Special Features:
- Lovely upscale restaurantLuv2partyDined on 5/22/2014Nice find for that special night out or special business lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not like it used to be in the pastdisappointed4realDined on 5/17/2014I was quite disappointed in the food which was quite bland. As I remember several years ago the food was very good, the service was great and the ambience was fantastic. I remember there was a fantastic piano player who sang as well as played. Needless to say, I will not be dining there anymore. My husband and I went there to celebrate our 44th anniversary and was so looking forward to dining with the piano music and singer. No such thing. I'm sure the same people are not there any longer because it's been quite some time since we were there last. But as the saying goes all good things come to an end. But to GG's credit the waiter was very accommodating and friendly. Go to Café Madison in Riverside for great food, music, & ambience
- Very good for a business lunch.LynnDined on 4/1/2014Very good for a business lunch, and we did not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always pick this restaurantKitsyDined on 3/5/2014I always pick this restaurant when we have a group who are traveling from different directions. It is convenient off the turnpike and from the bridges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away in the DoubletreeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Tucked away in the Doubletree Hotel, this restaurant is always staffed with the most helpful and friendly people. The food is expertly prepared and arrives hot at the table. On the weekends you are entertained by a wonderful piano player who sings beautiful dining songs. It's truly a great place to enjoy a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceCheekiDined on 2/21/2014I came to open table to see what the reviews and decided to go based on the reviews.so glad we did choose to eat at GG's. It was such a great experience. The hostess greeted us with a friendly hello and I told her we had reservations. She saw me listed and asked if we wanted to sit by the window. With in a couple of minutes a waiter came by told us the specials, took our drink order and offered us water. After looking over the menu..(good selection of seafood & meat options)I had the New England Clam Chowder, the Avocado and Strawberry salad with Spring Mix, Lobster Ravioli with Crab Meat This was delicious and the portions were generous. My husband had the salmon flatbread and Chicken breast with Lump Crab meat. Our water was the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/21/2014service here was some of the best around. went for lunch and lunch was ok as they had the double breaded fries, would have been better with fresh cut for the price. would go back to try dinner with the great service I hadSpecial Features:
- Unexpected surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014We wanted to try something different and when we saw GG's the menu looked great. Well the food was excellent, the portions were more than generous , waiters were friendly, and the overall experience was great! Not what you would expect for a restaurant inside a hotel! We had the shrimp cocktail and wedge salad - I can't recall ever seeing shrimp that large before and we shared the salad , which was also very large and very good! For entrees I had the salmon and my husband had the surf and turf- again, excellent. It was rather quiet with a piano singer and small dance floor. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experienceartfrkVIPDined on 2/14/2014We have been coming to GG's fro a long time. We love listening to Lou play the piano, he makes the experience. The food is great and the service is excellent. It's a hidden gem inside of a hotel. Don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Nice hidden restaurant without the noise and crowds. Piano player doing the classics from Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra set the mood. Excellent food and the services were friendly but did seem a bit rushed. But I would definitely go back. We had a great Valentines Day there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DelightKandDDined on 2/14/2014We go here most Valentine's Days, and stay overnight at the hotel. The food is always good, especially the steaks. The house champagne was quite good. The ambience was very pleasant, with candlelight and this year, a red-balloon arch at the door. The piano bar is expertly played and sung by pianist Lou, who has been there for years and does a beautiful job. He also circulates among the crowd and remembers people who have been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib was ordered rare.JoboDined on 2/14/2014Prime rib was ordered rare. Was medium done when it arrived, no sign of pink at all. My seafood dish was swimming in butter. The menu said a light tomato sauce. We ordered coffee and asked to see the dessert menu after dinner. The waitress brought the coffee and we didn't see her again for a good 20 minutes. We drank the coffee and left without dessert. It was not the very special Valentine's Day dinner that we had looked forward to.
- GG'SeatwellDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our experience at GG's and will dine there again. I used the option of having flowers delivered as well. I called and alerted the staff of the delivery and they placed them on the table for a perfect touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GG's always a winnerMaestro3360Dined on 2/14/2014GG's in Mount Laurel never fails to make a special occassion memorable. My wife and I enjoyed the same meal as we did on last visit a few months ago. I sipped a Gray Goose Gimlet (10.00), and my date was quite pleased with her dirty martini (8.00). The pistachio encrusted sea bass (28.00) was tender and flavorful sitting on top of goat cheese and fig risotto. The figs are like prizes as you work your way through the dish. The lobster ravioli (31.00) is nicely balanced against the basil pesto. When we indicated we would like to share a dessert (being romantic, not thrifty), the server presented two scoops of ice cream with the chocolate lava cake. Although we did not go soup to nuts, we left content and eager to return.Special Features:
- GREAT FINDOUT2muchVIPDined on 2/1/2014Had no idea, when making this reservation, that GG'S was in a hotel. Don't usually go to eat in hotels if not staying there. So glad we went. The lunch was delicious and the waitress was everything you would want in a waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find from Open TableMikeVIPDined on 1/31/2014So here it was, Friday night. Checked with Open Table to see what was available and here is GG's. Lived in this area 40 years and didn't know it was here, in a Double Tree hotel no less. Nice surprise. Great server was Carl, there for 17 years, who explained the history of the place and the fact that with the new chef and new remodel coming, it's on the way back up. Food was excellent and there is a wonderful guy playing piano. Just nice enough not to be too noticeable. Plus a little dance floor and a nice wine list. A very pleasant evening. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu! Superb staff!LadyLDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful menu! Superb staff! Live/Piano entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bartender at the bar....LemondropsDined on 12/31/2013When we arrived there was no bartender to have a drink...it seemed as the servers where going behind the bar to make the drinks for the tables that they were serving... Took a long timefor our dinners to arrive.. But over all our meals were good.. When we were leaving I guess the hostess assumed I had to much to drink and ask me if I was driving... So that bothered me..she saw I was with my husband who doesn't drink at all and another couple...I felt insulted...but I guess she felt it made her look important....!!!! But over all the dinners were good and the piano was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas GifttonypDined on 12/26/2013My wife and I took my sister to dinner for a nice quiet dinner with Christmas decor and live music. The food was excellent as usual, the service by Carl was outstanding, and the music but Lou was wonderful. We could dance, enjoy a secluded dinner where conversation was easy, and service was exceptional. After dinner we addressed the bar and Karen made a wonderful Stinger! Overall a wonderful time! Will certainly do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013We are never disappointed in GG's, mostly because of the wait staff. They are friendly, courteous, and very efficient. Always makes for a perfect night, especially special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in Mt LaurelCarltonfromMarltonDined on 8/6/2013I had ready many positive reviews of G.G's restataurant thats why we made reservations and celebrated our anniversary there last Tues 8/6. Unfortunately the food was very disappointing. My appetizer, the grilled tomato tasted as if the chef put the tomato on the grill, then lit the grill (tasted like propane, although I never ate propane). My 16?oz NY strip , was stripped of flavor and tough as the streets of Harlem. My wife's Ahi Tuna was overcooked and dry as the Sahara.. Service was good and the menu has many seeminly delicious choices but are selections werent one of them. Overall, very disappointed,... should have saved the $130 and got beer n wings across the street at Miller Brewing Co.
- Good evening at GGsSpamalopesDined on 7/1/2013My wife and I went to GGs on a Monday night for my birthday, 7 PM reservation. There were 5 people at the bar. We were the only couple dining. Needless to say the service was very good. The food was very good as well. The warm crab dip appetizer could have been shared with 4 people. The grouper and the sea bass dinners were delicious and the portions very good. The only knock would be they were out of the bottle of Riesling we selected. They brought us the only Riesling they had which was a twist cap, not even corked. There was no piano player on Monday night. Nothing fancy about the dining area but the seats were very cushiony.Special Features:
- This restaurant never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013This restaurant never fails to give us an extraordinary night out...FantasticSpecial Features:
- Great special occasion hideawayLuv2partyDined on 5/21/2013Ambiance is great. Food is good but a bit pricy for what you get. Would not recommend for an ordinary every night choice but would be a great choice to celebrate that special occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stay at the HiltonDebraVIPDined on 5/17/2013It was my husbands birthday and I wanted it to be special. I did have reservations in a great place in Manhattan, we were reside, but a last minute wedding invite caused us to change our plans. I was disappointed BUT GG's came through! It was empty but the setting is lovely. The service was truly excellent and live piano never hurts. We shared an appetizer and entree and both were good. While I would not make a special trip back to Mt. Laurel just to eat there, the next time we do go to Philly I would love to stay at this hotel and eat at GG's. Well worth it.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013GG's is a diamond in the rough. Step into the Double Tree Hotel and your amazed how nice a hotel restaurant can be. Great bar with a huge selection, awesome dinner menu and big wine list. Prices are right in line with most restaurants in the area. They even have a really great piano player/singer to add to the dining experience! Awesome place to kick back and enjoy a dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was Just Ok. For TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013Food Was Just Ok. For The Price We Expected Better food. Everything Else Was Great. Wine List Should Be Expanded.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013The atmosphere was perfect for a romantic dinner with wife. The pianoist even took personal requests and the small but adequate dance floor was just right. Loved it!!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceBAM5Dined on 3/6/2013The food was excellent, but the filet portion was a little small for the price. The staff was superb and the piano player was a nice addition. Good service and good food.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Amazing food, bar area, service and ambiance. The whole night was exceptional. Lou the piano player, Karen and Carl really add to the enjoyment of the evening! You feel right at home!Special Features:
- Filet Mignon steaks were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2013Filet Mignon steaks were very small- perhaps 4 ounces- menu did not specify therefore we expected 8 to 10 ounces based on the price. Drinks were very good and decent size.
- One of individuals at my tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2013One of individuals at my table ordered swordfish that was undercooked. Restaurant did not charge for the meal. Other than that incident, food was good.Special Features:
- I have not been in quite someOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/16/2013I have not been in quite some time but I feel that the quality has gone down. I ordered Salmon which tasted very fishy and had to send back. We waited a very long time for the meals that day and it was not crowded. After all that I did not feel good after and had a stomach ache for balance of the day.
- Inventive menu with a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/12/2013Inventive menu with a nice selection of choices. Entrees have gotten very pricey but portion size is large and the service is excellent. Much better than one would expect in a hotel restaurant. Dark and elegant with a piano player that offered an upscale dining experience. I do think the food has been better in the past, salads sounded good but were uninspired and dressings were bland. Entrees were still a notch above.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable LunchMyTableDined on 12/20/2012I went there with a few co-workers and had great service. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a nice place but it'sZitiDined on 12/18/2012It's a nice place but it's way overpriced and they give you less food than they used to.
- I've been a GG's customerEatslittleVIPDined on 10/23/2012I've been a GG's customer since the '90's - the great consistency is a plus.Special Features:
- As usual, we had another perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012As usual, we had another perfectly wonderful dinner celebration. We love it there and hope to be back soonSpecial Features:
- Have been going to GG's forAliceDined on 8/4/2012Have been going to GG's for years. Love the fact that you can have great food, great wine and listen to live music all at the same time...Great for anytime you want to have a good meal in a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features: