540 S Coast Highway # 108
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ggscafebistro.com/
- Phone: (949) 494-9306
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Breakfast: 9:00am - 11:30am; Daily Lunch: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm; Nightly Dinner: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All menu items are good for catering. Catering is available up to 300 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining is available for up to 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Hande Gundogar 9494949306
- Entertainment: Wednesdays: 6:30pm - 9:30pm (except summer months): Live Jazz Music. Once a month, Turkish music - please call for the date.
- Cross Street: Laguna Avenue- Legion Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: GG's have a parking available in the shopping center. Make validations for 2 hours. Also parking is available on the streets and a two story PUBLIC parking structure on Glenneyre Road which is just behind GG'S.
A word from GG's Bistro
GG's Bistro, in the heart of Laguna Beach, conveniently borders PCH and offers its guests a great sidewalk view of Laguna Beach life and the ocean. With a selection of the best Turkish, Mediterranean and Italian cuisine, guests are surely to enjoy the tempting starters, pastas, kebabs,traditional gyro and much more in the elegant European ambiance.Continued
Indoor and outdoor seating with a heated patio. Children & pet friendly. Valet parking. Patio dining & view on PCH.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
GG's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
GG's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Easy and delicioustimberVIPDined on 11/10/2014Different than most spots in Laguna with kabobs the stars of the menu. Borek shared to start was very good and the kabobs we ordered were wonderful. Huge portions--we didn't come close to finishing and will share an entree next time. Great outdoor seating, a cool night but heaters kept us warm. An easy, casual, quiet setting with great food that's not cookie cutter in the least. Well worth the stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Place!JimDVIPDined on 11/7/2014Good food and good service. We will be back when we visit Laguna Beach again!
- Nothing SpecialckmgoDined on 10/4/2014From the picture posted, I assumed the patio would have a nice ocean view. Unfortunately, they must have had their photographer go to the outermost corner of the patio to take the photo, since only one table on the entire patio had an ocean view. That was the first disappointment. The second was the food. While it was good, it was nothing I couldn't whip up myself at home. There were no special seasonings, preparation, or presentation involved. With the number of competing restaurants out there, we won't be going back to GG's Bistro. We opted to walk around after dinner looking at other restaurants to try the next time we're in the area.
- slow of giving open table pointsOpenTableaddict1VIPDined on 9/22/2014had a great experience at this restaurant but getting credit for the open table points took about 3 days....I have at present 42,800 points with Open Tables so what is a fews days but because of the time it takes to get credit for points and so many other great restaurants I probably will not go back to GG'sSpecial Features:
- Was OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014Eating outside was nice especially when it was nice weatherSpecial Features:
- What a Nice SurpriseWickedwitch2Dined on 8/24/2014Sunday night dinner before Pageant of the Masters. Found it on TripAdvisor, reserved through Open Table. Jazz combo plays on Sunday eves. Although I wouldn't categorize it among the $30-and-under restaurants, we were more than satisfied with our meals. Delicious Caesar salad, delectable lamb shish kebab (mine) and lobster ravioli (my date's), and wonderful warm chocolate soufflé. Very welcoming hostess and professional, but friendly waiter. We will be back.Special Features:
- Beautiful Location/Great StaffChicagogirl92VIPDined on 8/23/2014What fun! Great location in Laguna Beach. Patio is awesome. Staff great. Warm chocolate souffle...so good.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the GG's Bistro reviews archive.
- Birthday dinnerRuthlasVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went to this lovely restaurant for my husbands 60th birthday. The service was good, the staff very friendly and accommodating and the food was excellent . The only downside is the parking. It is awful!! We were 45 minutes late for our reservation because we could not find parking for two cars and when we did it cost us $15 per car!! This is outrageous and because of it, we probably won't be going back to this lovely place. By the time we finally got to the restaurant we were totally frustrated. It's not their fault but beware and give yourself plenty of time for the parking nightmare. Also, they gave my husband a beautiful complimentary dessert for his birthday.Special Features:
- great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/10/2014great happy hour specials. Really enjoy the food and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not happy with the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014Waitress was not very nice and said some very inappropriate comments to us.Special Features:
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food, great service and great prices. Cant ask for anything better!Special Features:
- excellent happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/28/2014Excellent service, food and views. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatLuv2dineVIPDined on 5/12/2014We usualy go for happy hour this time we had a mojito everything about it is happy you can taste the rhum not like most happy hour drinks that are watered dow. Friendly hostess and nice food and soo cute outside patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerJesusDined on 5/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary with our two boys. The food was good. We sat outside, so the view was great.Special Features:
- great location...food, not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014Restaurant has a very nice outdoor patio, which is what attracted us to it, but the food choices are very limited and heavily skewed towards beef. Which is great if you eat beef, but not if you don't. The only non-beef "Mediterranean" choice was Chicken Shish Kebab. Food we had was bland and unremarkable. We will not be going back.
- excellent Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2014Great Deal, Great Service. Great location. Highly suggest.Special Features:
- excellent Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/8/2014Great selection and great food. Highly suggest happy hour.Special Features:
- GG's a taste of Turkey LagunaLiv2eatVIPDined on 5/3/2014We frequent GG 's for a number of reasons. We enjoy Mediterranean food, especially middle eastern and because the restaurant is owned by families from Turkey we know it is authentic. We love sitting on the patio especially on summer evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2014We had a very nice dinner, good food, good views etcSpecial Features:
- great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/23/2014great selection for happy hour really enjoyed the viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2014Excellent food and service would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well prepared MediterraneanExudeepDined on 3/14/2014Very well prepared Mediterranean food, awesome Turkish wine, great ambiance. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- excellent Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/27/2014Excellent Happy Hour menu and exceptional service. Highly reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/25/2014The happy hour is an awesome and tasty deal. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special...heilocVIPDined on 2/24/2014We were overcharged for some of the items on our bill (for example, a kid's meal is not $8 - at least not according to the menu). Also, the happy hour cadillac margarita is much different than the regularly priced cadillac margarita. I can say this because I tried both and the happy hour cadillac margarita is missing a key ingredient, grand marnier. Won't go back, lots of other places have much better food, service and won't overcharge you.
- Good appetizers. Chicken ShishKababGastroVIPDined on 2/23/2014Good appetizers. Chicken ShishKabab overcooked. Lousy house wine.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/21/2014The happy hour food and prices were excellent! Service amazing as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemLuv2dineVIPDined on 1/27/2014Cute cozy outside dining very friendly service good and plentifull food fair prices we will be going back often we already have reservation for the restaurant week Good jobSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2013The atmosphere was great but the food was average.Special Features:
- Great service, food and locationTeriDined on 11/28/2013We opted to skip Thanksgiving this year and do something different; we enjoyed GG's very much and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We frequent GG's on a regularDougVIPDined on 10/19/2013We frequent GG's on a regular basis and always enjoy the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach ViewDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 9/22/2013This was my first time here and I enjoyed it very much. Outdoor dining overlooking the beach. The food was very tasty and the service was attentive. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Pleasedlet65Dined on 8/21/2013Took my girl friends there for a Birthday luncheon, thought the food was dry and expensive. Very Dissapointed. Drove all. the way from Huntington Beach, Never again
- Pre event dining was a success!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013We went to GG's before attending the Pageant of the Master's which was 3/4 of a mile away. Perfect location for us all to meet up. The food was very good (Dolmades -sp?- were awesome) and very reasonably priced. The waitress was engaging and professional. Food was served quickly and with good timing between courses. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. OnlyCookieDined on 7/28/2013The food was very good. Only objection to the outdoor patio seating is that the smoke wafts over from a smoking area on the same level a few feet away. A cigar odor was very strong. We didn't look at inside seating because it looked dark and it is usually noisier inside . The view is the street scene in Laguna which is good for people watching if one doesn't mind all the traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GG's a great spotCC60VIPDined on 7/16/2013In the heart of all the Laguna Beach action, G'G's offers very good food and ambience and a great Happy Hour with very reasonable drinks and appetizers which help make dining at G'G's a great experience.Special Features:
- greek plusjoanVIPDined on 7/12/2013We really enjoyed Gigis great food. If you enjoy Greek food, it is excellent. Sitting outside was nice on a warm summer night. Try the kebobs for something anyone would like.Special Features:
- Perfect endBerrypony2Dined on 6/14/2013I am so sorry we found GG's our last night in town. By far the BEST meal of the week. We had a party of 6 and everyone raved about their dinners and appetizers. This was the FIRST restaurant we found in our week long stay that had a actual gluten free menu and not just a server pointing out a few things on a regular menu. Gluten free fettuccine Alfredo....amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central to the Laguna Beach SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013Have a cab drop you off here and walk in either direction after your meal to find the art and dining and shopping that Laguna Beach is noted for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ercument G. AksoyErcumentVIPDined on 4/13/2013GG's Bistro is at a great location. Their food was very good and service was excellent. They were friendly and very polite (my friends like the offering of shawls). I found your wine "Yakut" exceptionally good. Thank you for complementary tea. I will come again.Special Features: