Geske's Fire Grill
1506 N Lee Trevino Dr
El Paso, TX 79936Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Geske's Fire Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.geskesgrill.com/
- Phone: (915) 593-3473
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 2:00pm - 10pm; Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Geske's Fire Grill
Geske's Grill opened its doors in 2006, quickly becoming one of El Paso’s premier culinary hot spots. Located on El Paso’s east side, owner John Geske set out to create a restaurant that offered good food in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. At Geske’s, we understand that quality is important, and so we offer our customers only the freshest, ingredients, steaks hand-cut fresh daily, dressings made from scratch, homemade desserts, and much more. We’re after the complete dining experience here at Geske’s because we know that is what our customers have come to expect. Every morning, before the hustle and bustle of the lunchtime rush, before the first item is ordered or the first beverage poured, the kitchen inside Geske’s Fire Grill comes alive to perform perhaps the most important rituals of the day. At Geske’s Fire Grill, our number one priority is to our customers, and we pride ourselves on our commitment to quality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Geske's Fire Grill - Best Restaurants in El Paso ›
Geske's Fire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)romantic (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I really enjoyed myself and so did my guest! I had the artichoke dip and salmon and it was sooo good! Wine and drinks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Geske's Fire Grill reviews archive.
- Great atmosphere, awesome goodAOLinOLYDined on 7/20/2014Definitely worth a second trip. The food was amazing, or server was extremely helpful and helped me surprise my wife with a birthday dessert. Very quiet and is in a good location. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was great! I love the smoked salmon appetizer and the spinach artichoke dip. Between all five of us, we had a chicken dish, chicken pasta, burger, and club sandwich, the baby had Mac and cheese. Everything was delicious. This is my third time coming here and always leave happy. I also had the tres leeches martini, yum!Special Features:
- The food and service was exceptionaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014The food and service was exceptional. A wonderful evening with an enjoyable atmosphere and fabulous food. Coming to the El Paso area from Atlanta it's taken my wife and I quite some time to find a dining experience comparable with those experienced back home, Geskes food and service is definitely on a par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad customer serviceHumbertoDined on 12/21/2013Did reservation on line for 6 people. Was given table close to entrance. Cold wind came in every time people would come in and out. Requested to be moved and hostesses just said nothing could be done. Tried to deal with the cold bursts but it was too uncomfortable to drink and eat. eventually after more than an hour we were able to be moved. This was by other person who worked there. Terrible hostesses. Will not recommend. Made the whole dinner night a fail.Special Features:
- date nightkennDined on 8/31/2013Took the wife out for dinner. A friend recommended geskes and I'm glad for it. Was very impressed with the customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night with the wife!MarioDined on 8/24/2013Made a reservation and walked right in to a table! Service was great an the food was awesome!Special Features:
- Very goodLyz101Dined on 8/17/2013My relatives came in from Dallas Tx and it was thier first time! Awesome as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geskes experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2013The service was impeccable and the food I ordered (fish tacos and sweet potato fries) was very tasty and very fairly priced. This is one of my El Paso favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ReeseDined on 7/17/2013I am well traveled and incredibly picky. We sampled the ahi tuna, loaded mashed potatoes, mushroom risotto, and pimento cheese dip. All were excellent! (The guacamole that came with the pimento cheese was the only item lacking gastro pub quality.) the service was equally impressive. We will definitely be back next time we're in El Paso. If you are reading this review wondering where to have dinner, you just found it. Get the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and servicelklopez17Dined on 6/16/2013Food and service was awesome. Our server was very attentative. Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Tribe - the GeskiansWeHaveChoicesDined on 6/2/2013We've become big fans of Geske's. The server (wish I could remember his name) was outstanding. Made it a good experience for each person at the table. The food is always spot on. Try the macaroni and cheese. Only complaint: the bread pudding is just too large to eat on your own.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedWeHaveChoicesDined on 5/24/2013Everything on the table was very tasty, nicely portioned and professionally served. The price was appropriate to the food and service quality. The desserts were not only delicious, but too much for one person. Save room for the unique bread pudding; very tasty.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceJosieDined on 5/24/2013Food service was fast, taste was amazing, presentation was nice and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Geskes92MscDined on 5/18/2013Geskes is my favorite restaurant in El Paso and I really enjoy going there. The food is outstanding and the prices are awesome. Great quality for a decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found an excellent resturant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013Found an excellent resturant. Can't wait to go back. Service was top notch. Steaks were cooked as requested and everything was delicious. The banana cream pie took the cake, one of my top two. If a resturant offers banana cream pie that's usually my go to dessert. This is prepared a little differently than you might expect, but it's one of the best I've every had. Sorry, mom.Special Features:
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Great food and awesome service! Love the ambience!Special Features:
- Great Service using the Open TablePatrickDined on 3/1/2013I was very impressed with the service using the open table reservations. We made our reservation for 7:15 using the open table app. When we arrived, there were several people waiting for tables. We arrived, identified ourselves and were seated promptly. No waiting! Thanks!
- Great place love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Great place love the food or to just go have some drinks with friends
- Great...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Great food, great service, great ambience - I highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- We had a good time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We had a good time at the restaurant but the service was somewhat bad! The server was nice but took too long to come back when we needed something, the food took a while to come out and the Mac and cheese tasted like if it had just come out from the microwave!Special Features:
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day dinner. We had a great time. We even took the kids with us. Definitely go again.Special Features:
- Romance or celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013Geskes is the quintessential place for both romantic intimate dinners and group celebrations. They are versatile and can handle a large group as well as a table for two.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The table was ready before we even got there. Excellent customer service!Special Features:
- Really liked the fact thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013Really liked the fact that I could make a reservation as well as update online. Great service and great food.Special Features:
- GREAT Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2012I was in El Paso for a football game, and while the game didn't quite go as I'd have hoped, this place made up for it! I was with my dad who can be quite picky, AND it was New Year's Eve, so it was a gamble to go anywhere. When our crabcakes burned, we were given a good one, and two more on the house. They even spotted me a glass of wine to apologize for the inconvenience! The house salad was great, and the glaze on my salmon was house-made. You could actually feel the brown sugar in your teeth - not some glossy slurry out of a jug. Also - I was VERY impressed with the mac&cheese...REAL CHEESE! Not some cheesy soupy goo with noodles! If I'm ever back in El Paso, I'll return!Special Features:
- Very knowledgable server andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Very knowledgable server and very attentive. Dinner specials were delish!Special Features:
- Great restaurant. I went withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Great restaurant. I went with a party of 7 which included four teenagers and their grandmother. The food was excellent. Our party ordered fish, burgers and pasta and all were excellent. Service was great. Does not look like much from the outside, but it was great to find a local place that was not a "chain".Special Features:
- I had my baby shower thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012I had my baby shower this weekend at Geske's. My friends asked me to choose the location and I chose this restaurant because I've always had a good experience and I love the food you have. But during my baby shower I was pretty embarrassed that I picked this place and everyone was commenting on other places we could have gone to. The food was good. But the service was absolutely ridiculus. The first waiter we had was HORRIBLE!!!! It took him forever to take our drink order and we found out that he was at the end of his shift so I guess he didn't want to be bothered with a large group. The second waiter was a little better but when it came to check out. OMG it took him FOREVER to get our tickets with the right orders.