Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill - Fairfield
2070 Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06825Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill - Fairfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://geronimobarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2039551643
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: Timothy Scott
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill - Fairfield
Geronimo Southwest Grill and Tequila Bar is based upon the authentic cuisine of Santa Fe. Deeply rooted in the traditional foods of the Native Americans of the southwest. Southwestern cuisine takes its cues from the land. Its primary ingredients consist of corn, beans, chile peppers, rice, tomatoes, avocados, pork and bison. Slow-stewing meats were a means by which to tenderize the less than stellar cuts of beef, and the natural heat from the various chile peppers gave southwest cooking its original reputation as being hot and spicy. The bold flavors of this rustic cuisine are now considered to be an art form.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill - Fairfield reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not worth the hypecurlygirlDined on 4/12/2014We got there for our 8pm reservation and there was a waiting list. The front end staff cancelled my reservation on OpenTable, so I had to email about getting my points. The service was fine - we liked our waitress very much. We ate upstairs which was nice, but I think that hampers the service. I'm glad we did, because the noise downstairs was unreal. Bar scene looked good and the restaurant was packed, but I'm not sure what the hype is about. Crawfish tamale was a hunk of masa covered in crawfish (as opposed to inside the masa). The fry bread was not as hot as it should be - almost like they fried the breads ahead of time. My margaritas were good. I'd go again maybe on a less busy night to give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014We loved the guacamole table side ! We had shrimp tamales, which was good, except no meat inside, very grainy, but the sauce was delish! The only real complaint we had is pp smoking right outside the door n butts all over the entrance, turned me off!!! If they could make pp smoke a distance away from entrance, place is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKTG64Dined on 3/24/2014The delicious guacamole is prepared fresh at the table. Great entrees! The service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Hot SpotTerri143Dined on 3/22/2014Food is superb, staff is friendly and knowledgeable, decor is exceptional and unique and drinks are unbeatable! I travel 45 minutes to enjoy this gem and it is soooo worth the ride!Special Features:
- great food, service and vibeJCW77VIPDined on 3/19/2014love love love the fireplace in the bar area when you first walk in, esp on a cold rainy night. amazing veggie chili. Had the quinoa stuffed pepper, which was very good. i'd suggest holding off on all the sauce put on it... was a bit overkill but other than that it was great. tres leches for dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a newly opened restaurantbeachfoodieDined on 3/15/2014This is a newly opened restaurant in Fairfield. We found the food to be very good and the ambiance was energetic and fun. The restaurant is decorated in an authentic theme and even includes a real enclosed scorpion round table you can sit at. The variety of tequila was amazing and the margharitas were good as well. The tableside quac is to die for. They make it fresh by your table. We had early reservations for a weekend (530pm) and did notice it got much busier and louder as the evening wore on. Overall we had a great time, and everyone loved the dish they ordered. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a fun dinner out, and a bit of a different restaurant atmosphere and menu than what we already have in Fairfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo this time you failed mefoodiesDined on 3/7/2014staff is inexperienced, not trained, and no etiquette. Food is pricey and does not fit the type of food served. Upstairs is too hot, too laud, and too dark to read the menu. The menu is too compact, small fonts, and not clear.Special Features:
- nice vibe - we had great service!lalaDined on 3/7/2014Food tasted clean and fresh with updated comforting options. There were many offerings to satisfy different cravings. We chose the Elk chili which was excellent. It had a smoky flavor to it. The tortilla soup which was nice (and not too salty). The puebla salad which was fresh and crunchy. A very nice balance after the hot chili and soup. Table side guacamole large & delish. We enjoyed the quesadillas~ grilled vegetable & chicken options were devoured. The portabella burrito which was a rich vegetarian option. We also had the Roasted Butternut Squash Mash & Sierra Nevada Black Beans both were tasty! Our daughter has food allergies and they were thorough in checking back with us. they modified her choice to make it safe for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo's In Fairfield, CTMickeyHerbDined on 2/22/2014Great new restaurant in Fairfield. Extremely popular right now, and very crowded, and noisy, but food was superb, as was service. It will be even better when the place settles down, and the crowds abate some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo no more!JaymanDined on 2/21/2014This was our fourth visit to what we thought was a real gem - not so sure after this! Previous visits were always early, 5:00ish, before noise levels really escalate. We had friends join us.The service was horrible, drink orders were mixed up - we requested a certain table and a certain waitress - we got neither! One would think that with a 24 hour earlier reservation through Open Table with specific instructions as to table (we've easily gotten the same table three previous visits) that our preferences would have been respected. We arrived at 5:30 and the ONLY table occupied was the one we specified - in the rear next to a little fireplace. Conversation was impossible. Everything was too spicy not well prepared and tequila prices - wow!Special Features:
- Great Mexican addition to FFDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Great décor and ambiance. Good authentic menu, but stick with the basics. Guacamole was fresh and made to taste. Tacos are Mexican style – choose several and share. Tamales are outstanding, once again match with some tacos. Main dishes were over thought. The pork pibil was basically bbq pulled pork rather than the vinegar-y pibil you would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome NightGreatExperienceDined on 2/8/2014Excellent! Our server Adalys was a terrific waitress and was very helpful when guiding us through the menu. Everything we ordered was delicious! We will definitely be back an will be highly recommend Geronimo's to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAmbianceDined on 2/8/2014Food was amazing albeit spicy. Had to wait for appetizers and the room was loud, but was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time there, preferredluncherDined on 2/8/2014Second time there, preferred the food on our first visit, quesidillas, fry bread and salads. Had chicken mole, it was just OK. Service was better first time also, waitress was a little forgetful but very apologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.