724 Canyon Road
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.geronimorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (505) 982-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Every Night: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric DiStefano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Amber Harcharik at 505-982-1500
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms to accomodate most group sizes and offer complete restaurant buyouts as well. Geronimo is also available to cater your off-site special event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Harvey 5059821500x
A word from Geronimo
In its celebrated 24 years, Geronimo has established a reputation as the place to dine in Santa Fe. Tradition and innovation merge at this Canyon Road legend, where simplicity and understatement reign. New Mexico's only Mobil 4 star and AAA 4 diamond rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Geronimo - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Geronimo reviews from OpenTable diners
395 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (316)fit for foodies (296)romantic (266)notable wine list (183)neighborhood gem (131)great for outdoor dining (93)hot spot (60)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FabulousDorenDined on 11/15/2014Food was excellent, service from the bartender to the waiter to the valet was superior, and the atmosphere lovely. Nothing but the best. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!MomtolunchDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant never fails to deliver. The atmosphere has a quiet elegance to it, We sat by the fireplace and it was cozy and romantic. The food is great. I had the elk and it was just as I remembered. Too good for words. Can't speak highly enough about this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Must-Visit if in Santa FeSplashesRulesDined on 11/13/2014The atmosphere and food are one-of-a-kind, making for a special and unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. Memorable evening!travelalwaysDined on 11/10/2014They take the time and attention to details. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectChrisVIPDined on 11/9/2014We could not have had a nicer evening at Geronimo. The service was excellent, both friendly and professional. The atmosphere was romantic and warm. The food was exceptional from the cauliflower bisque to the lobster tails and fiery and sweet prawns. The Meyer lemon crepe and the banana cream pie were delicious. All in all, a great dining experience in one of Santa Fe's premier restaurants.Special Features:
- ANNIVSLEPDined on 11/9/2014Outstanding dining experience! Great for any special occasion. The service was exceptional from the Valet to the servers. Next time in Santa Fe we will def. return. My only hint would be that I made my res thru OpenT and could only get in at 6pm… there were some open tables in the restaurant through out our meal that could have accommodated us…if you want a diff time try calling the rest day of to see if you can eat at a diff time you might prefer.Special Features:
- Certainly DeliveredRodLeftyDined on 11/9/2014Make a quick day trip from Albuquerque to Santa Fe to try out a new car. Stayed at a B&B, and walked to Geronimo -- just about a mile. Extremely courteous staff at all levels. Never hurried, but were extremely prompt. Therefore, very relaxing. Food was just great -- all courses. Try the Dreamsicle cake. Great combination of flavors and tastes no matter the course. Only point is the cost. Seems high when viewed just by itself; however, if you compare it with other top-line Santa Fe fine dining restaurants they're pretty equal. Would certainly return.Special Features:
- Special occasion venujaslinSFDined on 11/7/2014Very special - outstanding food; makes you feel special. Specialty bar drinks were not available the night we were there. Quality of ingredients was exceptional. A lot of food - expensive - but a good value for the level of service and food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Amazing romantic dinnerLuvgoodfoodDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I enjoyed a romantic dinner here on our last night in Santa Fe. Great way to end our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John from LALuv2DineDined on 11/5/2014One of the best dining experiences we've had. I highly recommend Geronimo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasurablemew2150Dined on 11/5/2014The restaurant is a treat. Bring an appetite to do it justice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful !BuzzDined on 11/4/2014The location quality, setting, service etc could not be better. Dinner for two with wine came to $180. The name "Geranimo" creates a rustic theme... which is totally incorrect. The is an elegant place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe's Best!rockinJVIPDined on 11/4/2014Santa Fe is blessed with a myriad of great eateries, but Geronimo is my absolute top pick. It's all in the details ... you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and very nice...butVeggie14VIPDined on 11/3/2014Loved this place and would definitely go back again. My only issue is that we asked the waiter about the vegetarian options and he told us about the vegetarian tasting menu. But then soon after he proceeded to tell us about the non vegetarian specials and didn't stop us from ordering a salad that had bacon in the fine print that we didn't catch (I should have caught it but...) Other than that it was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!bonvivantDined on 11/1/2014Quite possibly one of the best meals I have ever had from start to finish. The location, food quality, wine list, service and ambiance are outstanding and make for a wonderful dining experience. Is it expensive? Yes, but not over priced for the quality of the food, service, and overall experience. We enjoyed green chili margaritas - an unusual cocktail that was spicy and incredibly flavorful. The organic cauliflower bisque and crab cake appetizers were exceptional, the elk is probably the best entree on the menu (the tornedos of center cut filet are not far behind), and the fresh meyer lemon crepe is not to be missed. Geronimo's is a must for your next trip to Santa Fe. It will be a dinner you will always remember.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningfoodloverDined on 11/1/2014I made reservations at Geronimo for my husband's birthday. We had been told that the elk tenderloin was a specialty. We both ordered that dish and we are so glad that we did. The elk could almost be cut with a fork. It was very tender and wonderfully flavored. The accompanying potatoes and sauce were just right. The service was excellent and unobtrusive. We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience and would definitely go again and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- Best service I have ever had!!!RLO22Dined on 11/1/2014Food and Service were impeccable. Nothing but good can be said about this restaurant and staff. I will recommend to anyone and everyone I know that goes to Sante Fe.Special Features:
- Well Worth ItDickandSuzeDined on 11/1/2014Over the years we wrote or co-authored four restaurant guides involving the Front Range from Cheyenne to Santa Fe. This was as fine an experience as we had anywhere researching restaurants for those books. The courses were attractively presented and well prepared. Service was outstanding both in promptness and politeness. The wine list is very well done, ranging from the high end with some of the most renowned properties in France down to wines by the glass that are affordable and well chosen. We always enjoy going to Santa Fe and will look forward to returning here the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - again!PlanoBobVIPDined on 10/31/2014Second visit. Same time as last year. First time was unbelievable. Words couldn't describe the excellent experience. It was our benchmark. Surely, a year later, we couldn't duplicate our experience.....could we?? We could. Another #1 rated experience for us. Service, ambience, food EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to reputation!Butterfly381Dined on 10/30/2014A couple of times we almost cancelled our dinner reservation because we were tired and not sure we wanted to hassle with a nice dinner out. Wow - both our driver and a friend encouraged us to keep the reservation because the food was outstanding! Oh My Gosh - were they ever right! Our food was absolutely delicious - the crouton in the caesar salad was the best thing I have ever had in my life! We loved our prawns and the elk tenderloin! Yum! Macaroon and sweets were an absolutely perfect way to end the wonderful meal! We will be back! Service was impeccable without being stuffy.Special Features:
- superb diningJGKMDVIPDined on 10/29/2014Our waiter tried too hard. Interrupted table conversation repeatedly. Talked way too much.Special Features:
- First Rate From the GateJerryJDined on 10/28/2014We were most impressed in the location, the service and the quality and range of the menu/wine selections. Located in the Canyon Road precincts of the older settlement of Santa Fe, which makes it truly surrounded by both a varied and elegant clutch / spate of interesting and special art and boutique shops and galleries. Thus the place and pace of the dining experience from the "get-go"was exceptional...but the restaurant was, in its own right, special and memorable for a quiet celebration or to learn to love the Santa Fe trail (and dining experience) from a relaxing, quaint but sophisticated wayside leather booth.Special Features:
- The best in Santa FeAmberVIPDined on 10/28/2014Truly the best representation of fine dining in Santa Fe, with incredibly professional yet warm and genuine service. The elk tenderloin is every bit as good as everyone says it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe, Canyon Road GemhappydinerDined on 10/26/2014We've been to Geronimo several times. We are always pleased with the food, service and wonderfully warm atmosphere. If you are looking for a top-end night out, check them out.Special Features:
- We were expecting moreCathyDined on 10/25/2014This is a lovely restaurant to look at,but we were disappointed. The service was fine,but the food lacked flavor of any kind. The wine list was so uninteresting that I was sure that there was an additional list-nope. The $250 check for 2 didnt live ip to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUMMED OUTlovesantafeDined on 10/25/2014I was very disappointed with Geronimo's in Santa Fe For a rated 4.5 star restaurant it needs to be reviewed the food was good but not top shelf but the service was the worst I have seen in a long time. Since when in a 4.5 rated restaurant you get forgotten about ? forgotten wine , that was requested no apology when we complained about service We get" well we are very busy tonight I'll get back to you "There are much better places to eat in this town There was nothing that was outstanding to note about this place!!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014Very best restaurant in Santa Fe. We really enjoyed the food, service and the entire time at the restaurant. Our server was extremely nice and helpful. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- DisappointedTexasDined on 10/24/2014Walked through the tented doorway we were greeted with an awful smell of bad fish.The male door hosted was extremely rude and quite pushy. He practically walked over a lady in our group. We had to wait at least 20 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. After we were seated we waited another 20 minutes for someone to take a drink order and bring water. We had to ask for bread. The rolls were cold and hard as if they were left over from another table. Our waitress was extremely rude and unhelpful. When spending $500 plus for dinner I would expect good service and respect. Geronimo will be low on our list for our next visit.
- Geronimo's, Santa FeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Great food and great service. Truly delightful to get both! Felt welcomed and loved that the restaurant is broken down into smaller rooms so cut down on traffic and noise.Special Features:
- Still the bestSamHoustonVIPDined on 10/23/2014We come out to Santa Fe each year, and have been going to Geronimo since its' opening. Never a disappointment. The starters and main courses are varied and great. We had the crab cakes and a lobster pasta dish to start which were exquisite. Main courses were lamb shanks and filet with sauces. Great! The wines are expensive but worth it. Service never lets you down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable experienceTMitchell2175Dined on 10/22/2014This has to be one of the bed dining experiences I have ever had. Everything was prepared to perfection and the wait staff was attentive but not overbearing. Couldn't recommend enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars PlusStephenDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant produces truly outstanding, beautiful and interesting food with very efficient and friendly service. The wait staff was extremely helpful and always smiling. The entire experience could not have been better. Caesar salad was very special, as were the main courses and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/20/2014As usual, if not the best, one of the top 2 or 3 restaurants in Santa Fe. I don't understand why the critics seem to ignore it. GreT food, great service, great ambience.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerLindaDined on 10/20/2014Celebrated our 30th Anniversary at Geronimo. Atmosphere, food and service were perfect for our celebration. We ordered the tuna tartar, elk tenderloin and shrimp entrees. All were exceptional. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodSFeaterDined on 10/20/2014My friend and I shared an appetizer and entree--both were cooked perfectly with the most marvelous flavors . In spite of our sharing, the wait staff were friendly, efficient and so knowledgeable about the menu. It is such a lovely restaurant and a treat to go there.Special Features:
- mimiDined on 10/19/2014Food was excellent, & the staff knowledgeable. We were, however billed twice-check your credit cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimJamesDined on 10/19/2014Fabulous food, excellent service. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeronimoMCdinerDined on 10/19/2014Continues to cook at the highest standard. The lemon crepe is the best tasting dessert I've eaten in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfect...joyofcuisineVIPDined on 10/18/2014...in every way. From the moment we were greeted curbside we knew that our evening was going to be a sensational one. It was in every way. Truly in every way! For us, a visit to Santa Fe will always include a night at Geronimo. Loved it!Special Features:
- PhenomenalsaettareDined on 10/17/2014Excellent ambience. Food was out of this world. The elk was an eye opening experience. Servers also treated us fantastic. Very special evening on the town. Thank you!Special Features: