724 Canyon Road
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.geronimorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5059821500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Every Night: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric DiStefano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Amber Harcharik at 505-982-1500
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms to accomodate most group sizes and offer complete restaurant buyouts as well. Geronimo is also available to cater your off-site special event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Harvey 5059821500
A word from Geronimo
In it's celebrated 22 years, Geronimo has established a reputation as the place to dine in Santa Fe. Tradition and innovation merge at this Canyon Road legend, where simplicity and understatement reign. New Mexico's only Mobil 4 star and AAA 4 diamond rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Geronimo - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Geronimo reviews from OpenTable diners
417 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (310)fit for foodies (294)romantic (272)notable wine list (179)great for outdoor dining (124)neighborhood gem (116)hot spot (46)good for groups (27)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Just a wonderful time ! Yes, abit pricey but truly a special experience in every way.Special Features:
- Very excellent!!Love2travelDined on 9/19/2014Geronimo's is a very elegant experience! We were a party of 4 and each one of us had a fabulous entree. Highly recommend‼️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab!ParcitdeervalleyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great as I remember. No need for us to go anywhere else when visiting Santa Fe. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Food, service, atmosphere-all the best. I would consider it part of the Santa Fe experience-a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDineroutDined on 9/18/2014When traveling to an area for the first time sometimes you are privileged to have a unique experience at a truly remarkable restaurant. This was one of those times. We highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated AnniversaryLarryGDined on 9/17/2014Nice table, local winery sparkling wine on house for our celebration. Our third time here in last 14 years. Wonderful each time. Nice wines, wonderful food, wonderful service, no rush. The table next to us was celebrating anniversary also. We will be back on our next trip.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014We went for my wives birthday, service was exceptional, food fantastic and the wine recommendation was spot on. I had the elk and my wife the prawns and both were great.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceGreensEatDined on 9/16/2014Upon recommendations from friends we easily made reservations on Open Table. We were greeted warmly and seated at a nice table out front on the patio with perfectly tuned heaters. However it was 8-10 minutes before we ever saw a service person. Once we were served, our waiter was attentive and the meal was delivered with excellent timing between courses. Lobster was excellent, however game hen was a bit dry. Risotto was good as was the carrot cake. All in all we would go back again, but perhaps to the bar for an appetizer sized dinner as the locals suggest.Special Features:
- Fantastic service, food, ambiance .maryDined on 9/15/2014Loved our birthday dinner tonight! The food was superb, very unique with wonderful sauces. My steak was as tender and flavourful as could be. My husband had the vegetarian tasting menu (a very reasonable cost) with creative use of mushrooms, vegetables, sauces and a salad to die for. The servers were knowledgeable and kind. We have been here several times and will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 9/14/2014Fantastic! Beautiful dining room. Lovely outdoor porch. The food and service is perfect! Will return every time we visit Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was superb, the waitress was beyond excellent...the only down side was the valet left our car on for 45min! We were seated in the front outside dining, the valet was backed up so this left some cars parked right in front of the patio section...fumes! Then to add insult, we could see our car was left on for 45 minutes, my husband got up and went to turn it off. It took the valet 15 more minutes to move our car. We did speak with the manager and she was lovely about it, however that set a damper on our experience. I'd would go there again, but I would sit inside this time...out of sight, out of mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the oneDekeknuteVIPDined on 9/13/2014We ate there 13 years ago and had a fabulous meal and time. Just as great last week, the elk and the beef tenderloin were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular in Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It's difficult to find a holistic experience in fine dining these days, where every aspect exceeds your expectations. Geronimo is one of those rare experiences. Wait and bar staff--true professionals, no pretense.Food will blow your mind-interesting executions, local options, served hot and desserts that will tempt even the most resistant sweet eater. The dining room is understand yet elegant.Perhaps the most beautiful surprise of the evening,it is acoustically balanced with heavy white velvet draperies that make it possible to actually hear your dinner companions speak.In a world of industrial chic restaurant designs with concrete floors and open scaffold--the romance of hearing a conversation at a normal level was incredibly refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner so much, great food and service.Special Features:
- Just rightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014I live in Santa Fe and this is my neighbor hood restaurant. think I forget that it is FANTASTIC! I must go if visiting Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Barbra1OttawaDined on 9/12/2014Stunning food, presentation & staff. Our server was brilliant, very elegant gentleman, knowledgeable & interesting. Great Santa Fe experience.Special Features:
- BoringCheekDined on 9/11/2014Not the food and not the restaurant, they are outstanding as usual. Better than outstanding. This is truly one of life's pleasures. What is boring is having to write the same 5 star review every time we eat here like everyone else. Maybe they should screw something up once in a while .... nah. We'll just keep enjoying the food and writing boring reviews.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant in Santa FeLaineDined on 9/11/2014We have eat here many times over the years (every time we are in Santa Fe) and the food and service was absolutely excellent this time - as usual. We had the sea bass - which was incredible. We loved the service - and the food is simply THE BEST. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best FoodChuckDined on 9/10/2014The food is so great I can't think of another restaurant that is better anywhere in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerLizzieDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated my husbands 61st birthday and golf win. The restaurant is wonderful with food and wine selections that Re awesome. Our waiter was attentive but not over bearing. The decor is simple but elegant. A great restaurant for people that love good food and fine wine .Special Features:
- First time at GeronimoSammieDined on 9/10/2014Wonderful - what else can be said. Food was fab, room was vibrant. Excellent experience Nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningjag1Dined on 9/10/2014There are so many fine dining establishments in SantaFe and Geronimo is at the top of the list. Lovely location on Canyon Road, excellent service, delicious food and marvelous wine list.Special Features:
- Lovely, But Too RichMargaDined on 9/8/2014We chose this highly recommended restaurant for dinner on a short visit to Santa Fe. We sat on the front porch, so cannot comment on inside -- nor on the extensive wine list since only one of us had a glass of wine. Despite occasional cars just feet from our table, porch seating is fine. Inventive cuisine is impressive, but it was too rich for us. I had excellent game hen accompanied by buttery spinach and very rich risotto. My partner had the elk -- really tender, but also with rich accompaniments. Tuna appetizer was a big hit, but the enticing-sounding melon & cucumber soup with crab was a little disappointing. Service was lovely. It is definitely especial place, but we can skip it on our next visit to NM.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 9/7/2014Someone recommended this restaurant to us. We saved it for our last night in Santa Fe. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!wino4everVIPDined on 9/7/2014Simply put IMHO this place checks all the boxes. Portions were surprisingly substantial and outstanding in presentation and flavor. Service and ambiance were impeccable as well. If you are looking for a place to splurge for a special occasion, or are just seeking out world-class dining this is your spot. Also nice selection of half bottles of wine which I appreciate.Special Features:
- Excellent mealmsmayfieldDined on 9/6/2014Have been here many times and once again it was excellent! Geronimo never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo dinnerLuvSF14Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food as always, but outstanding service from Emmanuel (sp?) our server. Always a highlight of our summer in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and servicetunkiemoDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went for a special dinner at Geronimo during our brief stay in Santa Fe and we loved it. Ahi tuna tartare and sashimi was delicate, fiery chile shrimp were wonderful, crabcakes were outstanding and the truffle risotto was to die for. We are so glad we went to Geronimo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service ever!WCE41Dined on 9/5/2014Celebrated our 40th anniversary at Geronimo. Best service ever! This restaurant was recommended by two different friends who have traveled all over the world and this is one of their favorite restaurants. Fabulous presentation of delicious food! Our friends were right about Geronimo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- senzanomeDined on 9/5/2014I lack sufficient info to know if Geronimo is Santa Fe's best restaurant, but it is very, very, very good. Comfortable, SW-modern, table-clothed space adorned with modern art; skilled and well-oiled staff knowledgeable about the menu and wines; delicious dishes in many idioms with SW influences and classical foundations plus some imagination; impossible to leave without feeling happy, pampered and treated. Go without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NavajoGalVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had ANOTHER amazing experience at Geronimos. It was a lovely night, with beautifully presented excellent cuisine and world class service.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceCarrieyogaDined on 9/4/2014From the moment we walked in we knew it was going to be a special evening. Beautiful spot. Service was excellent. It reminded us of the low key elegance of the Union Square Cafe in NYC. We had the Caesar Salad to start. The presentation was beautiful and the taste was delicious. A bit smokey and the anchovies were just right. My husband had the elk. It was incredibly tender. I had the white prawns. They were also delicious . Fabulous meal!Special Features:
- Enjoyed 1st Dining experiencedinereviewerVIPDined on 9/4/2014My Husband & I enjoyed our meal and Julianne's cheerful smile as our water refiller. The waiter, Brian was busy but sufficient. I would have appreciated a reminder of the preparation for the dishes we ordered when they were served. They were complex flavors, while we selected our choices based upon the menu it is nice to have a reminder of the specifics when the dishes arrive. We ordered the Vegetarian 6 course pre-fix and the Elk plus two glasses of wine, one Pinot Noir & one Merlot. The vegetarian meal with the Elk entree was perfect for the two of us. We share the salad (baby kale etc) and the mushroom soup as our appetizers. The Elk was tender, not chewy like venison, and the sides were a nice compliment. Dessert crepe perfect.Special Features:
- SherylSherylDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed a fabulous anniversary dinner!! Service and food went beyond expectations .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 favorite of all time.JbgjdgDined on 8/31/2014We had a magical evening of magnificent food, excellent service and a perfect spot on the porch. We loved the intimate bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, it is the #1 in Santa FesrnaustinVIPDined on 8/31/2014Perfect romantic evening to cap off a lovely time in Santa Fe. There are so many wonderful places to eat in Santa Fe, but we choose correctly on Geronimo's for our last meal. The lobster was to die for, I never order lobster at restaurant because I cook it often at home. But I went for it at Geronimo's and I'm so glad I did, it was better than anything I could ever cook. Our whole meal was fabulous. We had a great time with all the servers that helped make this a most memorable evening.Special Features:
- outstandingmyrtleVIPDined on 8/31/2014Just returned from Santa Fe vacation and Geronimo was one of the highlights of our trip. By far the best food we had in Santa Fe. Interesting salad with cherry vinegrette. Salmon dishwas perfection. My husband loved the soup wih lump crab meat. If we return this will be our top destination.Special Features:
- never disappoints!RandyDined on 8/31/2014We have been there three times and each time it has been excellent! It is comfortable, with style, great food and drinks!Special Features:
- A Santa Fe gemLauraTDined on 8/31/2014This was our second visit to Geronimos and it was great. We has a lovely table on the patio, our servers were great, and we struck up lively conversations with the diners at the next table. The food is very high end without being pretenses. The house special elk is not to be missed. It is tops for me in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Gourmands take noteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Long a Santa Fe favorite, Geronimos is now a well oiled machine only serving dinner in a bustling ambience with staff tripping over each other to service a crowd in somewhat limited quarters. The tasting menu for vegetarians which we had was excellent. The first course, a pear salad, was an overly generous portion but delicious and artfly presented. The mushroom bisque promoted scraping the dish with a piece of the homemade sourdough bun to prevent wasting a drop. The remaining two courses were complimentary to complete a very satisfying dinner. The wait staff for our table were knowledgeable, solicitous, and nicely attired ( rare in this town). This was a holiday weekend evening at the end of the season. Excellent job considering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.