724 Canyon Road
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.geronimorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5059821500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Every Night: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric DiStefano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Amber Harcharik at 505-982-1500
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms to accomodate most group sizes and offer complete restaurant buyouts as well. Geronimo is also available to cater your off-site special event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Harvey 5059821500
A word from Geronimo
In it's celebrated 22 years, Geronimo has established a reputation as the place to dine in Santa Fe. Tradition and innovation merge at this Canyon Road legend, where simplicity and understatement reign. New Mexico's only Mobil 4 star and AAA 4 diamond rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Geronimo - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Geronimo reviews from OpenTable diners
419 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (311)fit for foodies (294)romantic (273)notable wine list (180)great for outdoor dining (124)neighborhood gem (116)hot spot (46)good for groups (27)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Snooty AttitudesMollyBloomeVIPDined on 8/11/2014We have dined at Geronimo's 3 times, with always the same experience: very good food, but service that makes us hope that next time it might improve. It doesn't. Problem is with the haughty, disgruntled attitudes of service staff (waiters, host). Because they are in an art gallery neighborhood (yet cliche'd art at that), they feel they must put on airs. Because they are in a tourist town, they resent having to wait on out-of-towners. (They'd never make it in NYC.) This is management's fault. There are a number of remarkable restaurants in Santa Fe, with food as good or better, and with warm and courteous (not pretentious) staff. Thus, there is no reason to ever go back to Geronimo's.
- best in santa feOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014never a bad meal. elk steak great. service always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely TimeLovelyTimeDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I spent two hours over a delicious meal. The vegetarian choices were fabulous and the wine outstanding.Special Features:
- Geronimo beats all food experiencesSunValleyfoodDivaDined on 8/10/2014Our first visit to Geronimo will not be our last. This restaurant partners at the highest level of high quality dining experiences in all regards: A menu has been developed to cover diverse palates and preferences with interesting ingredients and preparation styles; Service that is comprehensive yet does not hover; a wine list that offers something for everyone. All in an environment that honors its history yet presents itself in a contemporary way! And even a football jersey one would be proud to wear! Look out Geronimo - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Santa FedonnaabqDined on 8/10/2014We've been going to Geronimo's for years and have never been disappointed. My husband and I go for special occasions, as well as when out of town guests visit. Our guests come from all over the country and always remark how the restaurant blends the uniqueness of Santa Fe with world class cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome - best Sea Bass everTesuquwVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had not dined at Geronimo in a while...but that said I will be back soon. I rank this as one of the best in Santa Fe It reminded me that Chef De Stenfano is extraordinary, therefore I will visit Coyote Cafe in the near term.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo is an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Geronimo is an event, I am a long time fan, and am never disappointed. One of my favorite restaurants. CMHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Santa FeFieldingDined on 8/9/2014Geronimo continues to be the very best restaurant in a city with many choices. Elegant dining with marvelous food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jcdinesVIPDined on 8/8/2014Still a wonderful dining experience - great food & engaging service.Special Features:
- Fantastic!SandyDined on 8/8/2014We are foodies and this was an incredible meal. All 3 courses were top notch. Our server for dinner, Jessica, was fantastic. Only note: we arrived a little early and went to the bar for a cocktail first. I was worried because the bartender had a bit of an attitude (and I used to work in NYC so am not overly sensitive).Special Features:
- Excellent Menu and PrepRedDragonFlyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Geronimo is now one of my favorite restaurants in the world. a top 10. so why the 4 star notes? my lamb was visibly quite fatty, and i ate it because i am not afraid of fat and i assumed that was how they intended it to be. Our waitress was nice but not a professional, and i think world class food deserves top waiters. But the recipes were great. Best crab cake i have ever had. they opened a 40th anniversary Caymus, that was fabulous, and the desserts were great. So i loved itI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014Sitting on the porch can be charming except for the constant flow of cars pulling up to the curb. Probably much nicer on a weeknight than on the weekend. Indoors the noise level can be considerable, regardless of where you are seated.Special Features:
- Geronimo has gone downTomasDined on 8/7/2014We've returned here for decades whenever in town, savoring the beautiful rooms, the professional service, and the impeccable food. The rooms are still beautiful. But with a change in management, the food is now less consistent and unoriginal. The signature dishes are still OK, but there are no longer surprises in store. The waitstaff, formerly well-trained and impeccably groomed, has become sloppy, like kids hired off the street. We were early, when the restaurant was mostly empty, so the waitress interrupted us perhaps a dozen times to ask "how was the __?" After the place filled up, however, no one watched our table and it took forever to get someone to take desert orders, refill coffee, or bring a check. There are better choices today.Special Features:
- GeronimoshangrilaDined on 8/5/2014As previous experience excellent service,great food,pricy but expected. Excellent bartender, remembered martini specifics when ordering from table waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodNenachanDined on 8/2/2014We arrived early planning on a cocktail before dinner. It was crowded and we were shown to the bar area, however, there was no room in the bar. It was standing room only spilling into the hallway. We had our orders taken, but I had to stand and hold my coat and move every time staff went by holding meals and empty dishes. Not a great set up. We sat for dinner and had another drink and an appetizer. Delicious! We decided then to order a bottle of wine. We also ordered our entrees. Unfortunately, the timing was off and our meals came out really fast, even before the wine. But, they fixed it. When we did get our meals, they were fabulous. The elk tenderloin was absolutely to die for. The scallops phenomenal. Fantastic overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening!MickVIPDined on 8/2/2014For the 3rd year in a row, our anniversary was wonderful thanks to Geronimo! The food was killer and the patio was perfect! Staying at The Inn at Five Graces and dining at Geronimo is as good as it gets!! GREAT JOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticYogachickletDined on 8/2/2014After several trips to Santa Fe, we finally decided it was time to splurge and dine at Geronimo. It was fantastic! Every dish from appetizer to salad to main course was perfect. My husband is a fabulous chef so it's not uncommon for him to be disappointed when we dine out, but this was not the case at Geronimo. We both had the elk tenderloin and our friends had the chargrilled lobster...outstanding! My husband said that tenderloin was one of the top 5 he's ever had. Agree! Our friend was celebrating a birthday and our waiter brought over 4 glasses of champagne to toast her birthday as soon as we sat down...nice touch! It was an amazing dinner.Special Features:
- SylviaizzieluvDined on 8/2/2014My daughter and I spent a lovely evening at Geronimo on August 2, 2014. The ambiance, service, food and wine list was outstanding. Can't wait to come back again!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJennDined on 8/1/2014My mom and inhad a wonderful dining experience. Our server, Nori, was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner....a little offGigi10Dined on 8/1/2014Although the food was wonderful, as we expected, service can make or break your experience at a restaurant. Certainly we expected more at Geronimo! We made reservations for our anniversary (#39) two weeks before so we'd be sure to get in. Last time (January, 2014), our waiter was amazing and so friendly and helpful, and we had a wonderful table! Saturday night couldn't have been farther from this! We didn't so much as get a "hello" and were squashed in between lots of other people. Our waiter was clearly having a bad day as she was abrupt, sarcastic, and just rude. We noticed this was a habit across her section. When you pay a lot of money for a wonderful dinner, I think a little more professionalism can be expected. Just disappointed.Special Features:
- Fall Off The Cliff at Geronimo!satisfied4everDined on 8/1/2014The outdoor setting is much more enjoyable than being inside. Watching the people and the sunset on Canyon Road is priceless as you enjoy this exquisite dining experience. The service was impeccable and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The filet with pommels frites and asparagus was out of this world, and the German chocolate dessert was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs attentioncostosVIPDined on 7/31/2014Over the past eight years of visiting Santa Fe for the opera, Geronimo has been our first go to restaurant. In 2013 it was less than stellar and this year it was disappointing. Something has slipped in the quality of the food and it wasn't the competence of the cooking but rather the quality of the product being purchased. That was especially true in the rack of lamb I had - the chops were about one quarter fat and, though cooked to medium rare as requested, they were tasteless. My wife's Rock Hen, usually excellent, moist and tender, was none of these. The wine list appears to have been given less close attention than it had in the past as well. We will be returning to Santa Fe next year, but, alas, probably not to Geronimo.Special Features:
- The Perfect Restaurant in Santa FeSmilingRNDined on 7/30/2014We found this place by accident. My fiancee lost his credit card in the parking lot the night before and a valet attendant found it and turned it in. When he asked the valet attendant how he could repay him, he simply asked him to come and eat at the restaurant. This just goes to show that the staff loves where they work and how invested they are in the business. It had a very attentive, polite staff, but stayed behind the scenes (great). The food was exquisite. It was the perfect, romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding return visitGaleVIPDined on 7/30/2014This was the second time my husband and I have dined at Geronimo and the food was fabulous once again. We are from out of town or we would be regulars. My husband got the elk tenderloin which came with mashed potatoes, vegetables and a nicely done sauce underneath. I got the lamb chops with delicious potato cakes and vegetables. The service was impeccable. This is one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe so make reservations ahead of time if you are going to be in the area, located on Canyon Road near many fine art galleries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elkloverstwoDined on 7/30/2014fabulous food, service and an overall wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Karaefe family experienceKaraefetravelerDined on 7/28/2014The restaurant is in the nicest area of the city. They are offering fine dining, but most of the portions are so big for fine dining, it is more like American fine dining. I don't say the food is not good, but it is not fine dining for my standard. And we sat outside, cars were stoping just in front of us, it was ridiculous because there was no traffic around.Special Features:
- High end Santa Fe diningcnalscVIPDined on 7/28/2014We started our annual trip to Santa Fe with dinner at Geronimo. Not much has changed in the last year. It’s still one of the most expensive restaurants in town; the décor, updated a few years ago, is still elegant. Unfortunately, the food wasn’t that interesting this time: The caesar salad has lost its tang; the rock hen was a plate full of mismatched vegetables. The experience was just not as pleasant as it has been in the past; given the expense, it may not be worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyKarenhcreateDined on 7/27/2014This has always been a Santa Fe favorite through the years and I am pleased to find that it is still excellent!Special Features:
- Geronimo!FoodieJuneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything about this great Santa Fe restaurant is at least 5 star. Even the parking lot attendants are terrific: welcoming, helpful and courteous. But it's the food and service that sell us every time. I had the most tender and tasty lobster tails I've ever had - - four of them, with a luscious sauce that matched the lightness of the lobster meat. My husband had sweet, tender scallops. And we both started with a wild mushroom bisque that was loaded with mushrooms and a very savory soup. (I could happily have made another bowl of that my whole dinner but then I'd have missed that lobster.) Just be sure to make a reservation well in advance. This is a very, very popular restaurant - - for very, very good reasons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Geronimo has been a consistent gem for many years. We never travel to Santa Fe without at least one meal here. The food is imaginative and well prepared. The wine list is well thought out and reasonably priced well.Special Features:
- jjbbb71Dined on 7/26/2014Exquisite. Everything about Geronimo exceeded my expectations. We were seated in a small room for a romantic dinner as requested. The wait staff were knowledgeable, attentive and professional. The food was delicious and the presentation - over the top. Cocktails were tasty and the wine suggested was a perfect pairing. A yummy dessert with birthday candles made the experience a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe TreasurelewrenVIPDined on 7/25/2014Chef Eric has successfully continued the tradition of fine dining at Geronimo - one that started so many years ago. Under his leadership for several years, the kitchen is consistent - and consistently excellent. Waitstaff are friendly, efficient and professional. Quinn's wine list covers all of the major regions and varietals and the 'by the glass' program always includes several worthy choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDollarbearVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food is incredible. Our waiter was knowledge and friendly. Wonderful wines by the glass. We have been here several times and each time is special. Only issue was if you make a reservation on-line, the restaurant puts you outside. DO NOT SIT OUTSIDE.Special Features:
- Amazing!!FamilyofFoodiesDined on 7/25/2014Took my mom there to celebrate her 70th birthday along with her sister and my 19 year old daughter. There is a reason why Geronimo is rated one of the top ten restaurants in the US! It was phenomenal! The lobster was amazing and the elk was the best I have ever tasted! Do not leave without tasting the caramelized banana cream pie...it is life-changing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014From appetizers to dessert, quality ingredients handled with imagination & care. Professional service and valet parking a real plus on Canyon drive.Special Features:
- Review titleLindaDined on 7/24/2014Sitting outside at this place is very nice but they need to control the flies. I would opt for an inside table next time in the summer. That said the food and service was good and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuvfoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014We went to Geronimo's twice while we were in Santa Fe. The first was for my husbands birthday and the food and service was so outstanding that we went back. Can't say anything bad from the beginning to the end. A must "go to" in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great standardBartDined on 7/24/2014This place is a special occasion place for us. It has a wonderful feel. My wife ordered the vegetarian tasting menu and every course was great. My lamb was the only disappointment. The presentation and vegetables with it were great, but the meat was cut way to thin and two of the chops were mostly fat. I will go back, but order the elk rather than the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service? Not so much!OKPokeDined on 7/23/2014Food was great, as always, but service was slow and indifferent. Had to ask for another glass of wine! After placing our order, we never saw our waiter again until he brought the check. Traditionally, we have dinner at Geronimo on our last night in Santa Fe, but now we may make different arrangements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold soup too hotMaggieDined on 7/23/2014Cucumber melon soup toooo spicy and I do like spicy. The key lime pie tasted like a normal cheese cake. Both were disappointing. Prices were over the top. We had dined at 3 different restaurants in Santa Fe and all had better food and much lower prices.