724 Canyon Road
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.geronimorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5059821500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Every Night: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric DiStefano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Amber Harcharik at 505-982-1500
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms to accomodate most group sizes and offer complete restaurant buyouts as well. Geronimo is also available to cater your off-site special event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Harvey 5059821500
A word from Geronimo
In it's celebrated 22 years, Geronimo has established a reputation as the place to dine in Santa Fe. Tradition and innovation merge at this Canyon Road legend, where simplicity and understatement reign. New Mexico's only Mobil 4 star and AAA 4 diamond rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Geronimo - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Geronimo reviews from OpenTable diners
400 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (293)fit for foodies (270)romantic (257)notable wine list (167)neighborhood gem (109)great for outdoor dining (105)hot spot (44)good for groups (23)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Top 5 favorite of all time.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014We had a magical evening of magnificent food, excellent service and a perfect spot on the porch. We loved the intimate bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmands take noteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Long a Santa Fe favorite, Geronimos is now a well oiled machine only serving dinner in a bustling ambience with staff tripping over each other to service a crowd in somewhat limited quarters. The tasting menu for vegetarians which we had was excellent. The first course, a pear salad, was an overly generous portion but delicious and artfly presented. The mushroom bisque promoted scraping the dish with a piece of the homemade sourdough bun to prevent wasting a drop. The remaining two courses were complimentary to complete a very satisfying dinner. The wait staff for our table were knowledgeable, solicitous, and nicely attired ( rare in this town). This was a holiday weekend evening at the end of the season. Excellent job considering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swarmed by fliesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had reservations for early evening. The restaurant was empty but we were sat outside. The flies were swarming and we were obviously not having a pleasant experience. We eat outside at other Santa fe restaurants and this has not been the case. There must be something attracting them to that specific area. When we complained the waiter said "We spray every day, but that doesn't help. You should just be thankful to enjoy Santa Fe's beautiful weather." We were not offered to move inside. The food was just OK- not a meal to be remembered on a positive note. We won't be going back.
- Excellence & Consistency All SummerlewrenVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had the pleasure of dining at Geronimo numerous times this July and August. We tried many different dishes - and many of the same more than once. Nothing missed a beat - ever; the food, service and warmth of Chris's staff was always impeccable. Best of all, if you are being selective about what and how much you eat, you can create any type of meal you want to eat - from small plates to big steaks. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great eveningLaLaDined on 8/28/2014Celebrating 50th wedding anniversary. Could not have picked a better spot. Great food, great service w/ waiter Jay. Perfect evening.Special Features:
- Always a treatAzYooperDined on 8/27/2014Once again, Geronimo comes through. Without a doubt, one of the best, in a City with many great choices. Outstanding and very knowledgeable servers. The lobster appetizer was deliciously outstanding and unique. My wife loved her salmon dish and I thoroughly enjoyed my filet and frites. Dessert was also a treat with the carrot cake served beautifully. We visit Santa Fe for a month and Geronimo is always our special farewell to Santa Fe dinner. Several years and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Almost perfectJeffpDined on 8/26/2014A memorable meal, but not perfect. I had the elk- very good. Wife had lamb- these were fatty and not much meat. The appetizer we shared was excellent- gnocchi with local mushrooms. Also, there was a large table close to us that were a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmdiamDined on 8/25/2014We went for celebratory dinner after our wedding. We were met at a corner banquette by our waiter with complimentary glasses of champagne. This is a very beautiful, romantic restaurant. The staff was well-versed with the dining, bar, & wine menus. Our personal server was gracious, just friendly enough without overdoing. We ordered too much food, but it was delicious, well-prepared, & beautifully presented. We couldn't manage dessert, but again, we were served a complimentary & beautifully presented Meyer Lemon crepe filled with vanilla aioli creme custard and Lemoncello with side glasses of a delicious dessert wine. We couldn't have had a more wonderful experience & were treated graciously & well by the entire staff of Geronimo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe at its best. World class.fromthe505Dined on 8/24/2014Sublime. Canyon Road by candlelight. Waitress, polished, helpful. New Mexico Gruet. Choice breads w/herbed butter. Ahi tuna tartare appetizer w/caviar nested on lemony yudzu leaf, w/ scallion pancakes & dollops of creme fraiche, soy lime vinaigrette, & siracha--clean, tasty, healthy, pretty. Then, red grape salad w/ butter lettuce, taleggio & fresh figs dressed w/ cherry sherry vinaigrette; next time, less cherry. He had mesquite grilled elk tenderloin w/ snap peas & garlic mashed potatoes; I, grilled lobster on bed of angel hair pasta in light sauce w/spinach & edamame. Both, cooked to perfection, divine. Fantastic Bordeaux. Bold, smooth coffee w/ a pizzelle . Ice cream: coconut, dark chocolate, & nut butter (nut butter very subtle).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Each time we visit Santa Fe it is a must that we dine at Geronimo's. The service, special surprises and food are out of this world. The sweet treats are awesome as well! Never a complaint when dining here. We always visit on our last night so as to leave on the highest note possible. It is a must visit.Special Features:
- Extravagant DiningcriticalgourmetDined on 8/24/2014Visited during Indian Market with a sell out crowd. Menu was creative and challenging (but with a few favorites for the less adventurous). Desserts were worth the indulgence. Preparation and presentation were exceptional. Priced accordingly. Food is extraordinary but wine is a disappointment. Wine list is pricey and skimpy--almost nothing that was more than 12 months after release by the winery unless you were willing to pay more than $750 for a bottle. Our choice was substituted without notice. We could not find a pinot under $200 that was more than a year from release.Special Features:
- GoldenDined on 8/24/2014Magnificent, as always! Food and service never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDateDinnerDateVIPDined on 8/24/2014The dinning experience at Geronimo's is amazing. The food is delicious and artfully presented. The service is flawless and the decor is elegant but comfortable. My favorites include the tuna tartar with the little pancakes, the miso sea bass and save room for the mandarin orange "creamsicle" cake. This is our first choice for a restaurant when we visit Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Glad it's back to being very goodThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014We go to Geronimo's each time we go to Santa Fe. Although that is only 5 times in the last 9 years, we have experienced this restaurant at its best and at its mediocre. We heard one of the owners was back and we are happy that he is and the results showed us that their food and service was back to very good. Thank you for a woinderful "take" on Caesar Salad and for bringing the spicy prawns back. Our server recommended the right wine to go with our meal and overall he was one of the best servers we have had. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantrestaurantgoerDined on 8/24/2014This was our first visit to Santa Fe. Geronimo Restaurant was highly recommended by several friends. We are very happy that we were able to get a reservation during the busy Indian Market weekend. Geronimo is the very best restaurant we have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The food, presentation, staff and the entire dining experience were flawless. We will definitely go back to Geronimo the next time we visit Santa Fe. This restaurant was the highlight of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a very "fine" dining experienceHipsterDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant was recommended as the best restaurant in Sants Fe and fell far short of the title. We sat outside and were inundated by flies and had to ask to be moved to an inside table. The service was good and the crab cakes were excellent. The shrimp tasted great but the rice cake was like blob on the plate, thick and like paste. Dessert was good. The lemom crepe was delicious.Special Features:
- Diner at GeronimoMart2kevDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I are visiting Santa Fe each year durig the Indian Market week. This was the first time we succeeded in booking a table . Our anticipation was high.... which sometimes lead to disappointment! I must say that this was not the case. It was a great evening. We were sitting outdoors in a quiet evening, the menu presented diverse possibilities. The food was excelllent wit great attention to the choice of flavours !, for instance we had lobster tails, the lobster was juicy tender and very flavoury. Service was attentive without being overbearing. So a great evening which we will try and renew next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOutstandingVIPDined on 8/23/2014When we visit Santa Fe this restaurant is at the top of our reservations. We always know before we go that we will be ordering the Elk. But, we talk about other options as we view the menu. Everything is so tempting and the descriptions sound so scrumptious. We were seated in the front room and the atmosphere was great. Our waitress was Sarah and we were thrilled to have her again this visit. She takes such good care of her customers. I was thrilled to know that the Meyer Lemon Crepes were still offered as an option for dessert. The food and evening was as expected which was wonderful. We will return next time we are in town and so should everyone else.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner, food was very good and the service was exceptional. Next time I'm in Santa Fe I'm coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster at GeronimoLoneTreeBillDined on 8/23/2014Had dinner at Geronimo this past Saturday. Have eaten there several times before when visiting Santa Fe. The evening's special was a delicious lobster preparation. (I love lobster!) As always ever thing was perfect--food, service, wine and ambiance. Expensive to be sure, but worth it for a special meal.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/22/2014A VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY STAFF THE FOOD IS SUPERBSpecial Features:
- Classy diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Geronimos was an outstanding experience in every aspect. They make fabulous martinis to top off the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencecrayesqDined on 8/22/2014We were a party of four, dining before the opera. None of us had been to Geronimo before. As my reservation was months old, I was pleased that we were seated at a lovely, private table next to the kiva. Our server was wonderful. The Hudson Valley foie gras was fabulous, as was my sherry/mushroom bisque. The ladies had the filet and said it was excellent. I had the New York strip steak and it was marvelous. My friend had the the grilled prawns and said they were truly superb. As we were running late, we had to skip dessert. Geronimo lived up to and exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceChowDined on 8/21/2014All around great restaurant, just ask for a table inside, nights are getting cooler.Special Features:
- Overrated ReputationHumblepie13Dined on 8/21/2014Having been to Santa Fe many times, we wanted to try Geronimo's for a special occasion with family. The experience was short on special beginning with a benign hostess greeting and our waiter should retire. C'mon folks, we're dropping big bucks in this renowned restaurant and expect caliber service in return. However the food (good though not memorable), cocktails, ambiance and family fun, saved this experience from disaster. After all the years of desiring a dining opportunity at Geronimo's, we realized Geronimo's was not exhilarating as the name implies and doubt we would return. Geronimo's gets high ratings only for its name.Special Features:
- Great eats in Santa Fe!TedandKarenDined on 8/21/2014Everything we'd heard about Geronimo was true. Great appetizers, great entrees, great desserts. All topped off with great service. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/20/2014FOOD AND SERVICE EXCELLENT VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF NEVER RUSHEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experiencebevo1957Dined on 8/20/2014The food, ambiance and service were beyond compare. Chris and Sally were super hosts making us feel as if we had been regulars for years. This remarkable gem of a dining experience is a must do on the eating bucket list.Special Features:
- MyOpinionMyOpionionDined on 8/19/2014Fine dining at it's best! This is outstanding dining experience . Very creative menu, great wine selection and the best service we ever had at a restaurant in the US! We live since 20 years in the US and have been to numerous well known restaurants on the East- and West coast - but this is a real gem in a historic adobe house. This is an extraordinaire place to celebrate dining. When we come back to Santa Fe - we definitely will go again to Geronimo!Special Features:
- MagnificentJJ34Dined on 8/19/2014Having dined at 4 & 5 Star restaurants across the country I can safely say that none of them surpass Geronimo. From our greeting by the Hostess to our departure, every element of our dinner was superb. The food was outstanding, the ambience was outstanding, and our waiter, Brook, was, without a doubt, one of the best we have ever experienced. Highly recommend the Elk and Filet. The Caesar with a hint of Wasabi was outstanding. Kudos to the kitchen, the Hostess, and especially to Brook. Geronimo is pricey but worth it. Thanks for a great evening in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. Lopez' rest. (Geronimo Lopez)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We were in Santa Fe for the opera and ate at Geronimo before going to the opera. The staff was aware of our time schedule and made sure we made it to the opera on time without rushing our dinner in the least. The staff (including the valet) made excellent recommendations and all four of us were very happy with our dinners. All aspects of the dinner (service, food, wine, ambience) were spot on!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The atmosphere was serene; my wife had the vegetarian prix fix and the quality of the dinner was excellent. A very leisurely dinner!!Special Features:
- Geronimo still on topBeowulfDined on 8/16/2014We found our dining experience still at the same high level as we have in the past. The service is great, the food inspired, and overall certainly worth the $.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceAggieMomDined on 8/16/2014It was my 16yr old daughter's first time in Santa Fe since a young child and I wanted her to experience outstanding food. Geronimo's didn't disappoint us. We sat on the porch so we could watch Canyon Rd activities and had a fantastic meal. Service was perfectly attentive. Will return as often as we can get to Santa Fe. I must recommend the Wasabi Caesar Salad. Wow is all I can say!!!!! (And the carrot cake was delightfully sinful!!!)Special Features:
- awesome foodabitpickyDined on 8/16/2014We were given this recommendation for dinner from a friend. What a great recommendation. The food was awesome and the service was impeccable. We ate outside which was fine. It is a bit noisy outside since the restaurant is right off the road. Great evening.Special Features:
- A Bit SurprisedabqlukeDined on 8/15/2014Mostly as expected for this price range. I was, however, very surprised by my main, the Scottish Salmon - a completely unseasoned piece of fish with some too-al-dente ravioli with a not-very-special filling - in all, an extremely mediocre dish! Here's the thing: Over the course of the evening, I tasted (from around our table) the Lobster Ragout, the Mushroom Bisque, the Truffle Risotto, the Crab Cakes, the Elk Tenderloin, three flavors of ice cream, the German Chocolate Cake and the Caramelized Banana Cream Pie. Everything else was very delicious! I just don't get how a chef who obviously knows tasty food could produce such a poor dish as the salmon, and not notice the difference in quality. Still recommend, but don't get the Salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large5Dined on 8/15/2014Our table was not good, very tight which made servicing the table difficult and cramped. They had a very nice server in a Geronimo T shirt delivering food which did not fit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyboulderfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Service and food were great! The patio was lovely and cool and the food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite foodArtsy01Dined on 8/13/2014Dinner at Geronimo was a delight from start to finish. And the vegetarian tasting menu was a real surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The staff wished us a happy anniversary and we had one of the best seats in the restaurant. The service and the food were outstanding. We will definitely return next year for our 46th anniversary celebration meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.