724 Canyon Road
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.geronimorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5059821500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Every Night: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric DiStefano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Amber Harcharik at 505-982-1500
- Private Party Facilities: We have several rooms to accomodate most group sizes and offer complete restaurant buyouts as well. Geronimo is also available to cater your off-site special event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Harvey 5059821500x
A word from Geronimo
In its celebrated 24 years, Geronimo has established a reputation as the place to dine in Santa Fe. Tradition and innovation merge at this Canyon Road legend, where simplicity and understatement reign. New Mexico's only Mobil 4 star and AAA 4 diamond rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Geronimo - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Geronimo reviews from OpenTable diners
424 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (325)fit for foodies (308)romantic (278)notable wine list (196)great for outdoor dining (122)neighborhood gem (121)hot spot (52)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (13)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 10/20/2014As usual, if not the best, one of the top 2 or 3 restaurants in Santa Fe. I don't understand why the critics seem to ignore it. GreT food, great service, great ambience.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014My friend and I shared an appetizer and entree--both were cooked perfectly with the most marvelous flavors . In spite of our sharing, the wait staff were friendly, efficient and so knowledgeable about the menu. It is such a lovely restaurant and a treat to go there.Special Features:
- mimiDined on 10/19/2014Food was excellent, & the staff knowledgeable. We were, however billed twice-check your credit cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimJamesDined on 10/19/2014Fabulous food, excellent service. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeronimoMCdinerDined on 10/19/2014Continues to cook at the highest standard. The lemon crepe is the best tasting dessert I've eaten in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfect...joyofcuisineVIPDined on 10/18/2014...in every way. From the moment we were greeted curbside we knew that our evening was going to be a sensational one. It was in every way. Truly in every way! For us, a visit to Santa Fe will always include a night at Geronimo. Loved it!Special Features:
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent ambience. Food was out of this world. The elk was an eye opening experience. Servers also treated us fantastic. Very special evening on the town. Thank you!Special Features:
- never disappointsMPMSVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always on our list when visiting Santa Fe. Presentation and flavors wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top.JBdineoutDined on 10/17/2014Was highly recommended to us and deservedly so. Great menu, service and food. One of our favorites ever. Will come again and recommend confidently. Great presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuous!cherrygirl12Dined on 10/15/2014This was my second time dining at Geranimo's and it was every bit as wonderful as the first time. The service is outstanding and the food comparable to the French Laundry in California. It's a treat to take friends here knowing it will be a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Worth itRschagrinVIPDined on 10/14/2014Truly enjoyed Geronimo. Both very good food and service. It is a little pricy but it is a tourist area. Located in the heart of Canyon Road , the gallery district.Special Features:
- Wonderful for a special occasion.TorrequiDined on 10/14/2014I threw in my reservation request that we were celebrating a special occasion. When we arrived we were greeted and congratulated kindly. They set us up in a spot that was romantic and even though we were near other people we felt separated. The service was impeccable and our server helped us with our food and wine choices. She was courteous and polite and had a great sense of humor. Dinner was delicious, from the appetizer to dessert everything was perfectly prepared and delicious. I will be coming back here to celebrate again. It was truly a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geronimo Restaurant 724 Canyon RdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Service was outstanding from the moment the Valet greeted us through the entire staff that served us. The wine list was impressive and the Manhattan was superb. The seating and tables were arranged to allow a private atmosphere. The Elk Tenderloin was not only perfectly prepared but the presentation and the overall service as good as it gets. Pricing was reasonable. Will definitely return on our next trip to Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutoftenVIPDined on 10/12/2014Presentation of food was exceptional. Service was outstanding. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The emperor has no clothesHPHTVIPDined on 10/11/2014A wonderfully quiet, well appointed restaurant with experienced and efficient waitstaff. Our food, however, disappointed. Wasabi ceaser salad was excellent except for the plastic (or leek as we were told) that tied the romaine in a bunch and left, in error, to be discovered under the dressing when it could not be chewed. The two deserts both pre-prepared, refrigerated (even the crepe) and at least 90% flavorless whipped cream. But the "famous" elk was most disappointing...the meat incredibly tender and flavorless...close your eyes and you would not have any idea of it's provenance. The sauce uninspired, drowning the meat and the potatoes that were liberally festooned with chunks of bacon. For us...the emperor had no clothes.
- Birthday romanceQuietdinerDined on 10/10/2014One of those rare restaurants where delicious food was matched with world class service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeronimosStorkDined on 10/9/2014Superb combination of quality menu, service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiancesachiDined on 10/9/2014I went here while on a conference. The ambiance was great. I loved the foie gras as my appetizer but the lamb chops were tough.They were certainly not what I expected. My friend really enjoyed her meal. The wine list was amazing. Overall I enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is Santa Fe diningfoodforusDined on 10/8/2014Best meal we had in Santa Fe. Even though we waited 25 minutes for our table, the food was worth the wait. My grilled lobster with pasta was a fabulous mix of flavors and spices.service was great and the bartender was the only one who saved us from being angry at the wait. One of the best meals we had any where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsesbenvDined on 10/8/2014Located in the middle of the art gallery row on Canyon Rd, this is a memorable restaurant. It is more formal by Santa Fe standards but a dress shirt and slacks are more than sufficient. The service was prompt, professional and knowledgeable without being overbearing. The ambiance was serene. The menu selection had both standard favorites and more eclectic dishes (elk tenderloin). Food was well prepare and presented. The only downside was the cost which you should expect to be around $100/person for dinner with wine.Special Features:
- lovely all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We spent a lovely evening in this intimate restaurant. We like everything about it. Food, of course, ambiance, and service. I will definitely go back when next in Santa Fe. Great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014All was superb: service, food, presentation. Generous portions yet not huge, staff very attentive without being overbearing. This is the place if you want a great meal while in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- WowJayceeVIPDined on 10/5/2014We have lived in Santa Fe for a year and keep hearing about Geronimo. We finally made it last Sunday evening and discovered that all the great things being said are true! Our waiter, David, was excellent. The food was as good as it gets. We will be sure to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Very enjoyable and pleasant experience. Excellent service, food, and drinks. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food better than average but not extraordinary. Overpriced. Excellent service Pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!bp1983Dined on 10/3/2014Not only was the service great, but the food was AMAZING! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bd dinnerluv2eatDined on 10/3/2014Had a lovely birthday dinner with a group of friends. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- Jake207Dined on 10/3/2014Bravo,you did it once again......always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014Long-time favorite that we try to include in every visit to Santa Fe!Special Features:
- Great evening for celebrationNancyDined on 10/2/2014I had the "world famous" Elk and it was the best red meat that I can remember ever having. The restaurant was comfortable and quiet enough to have a conversation. The service was superb, enough attention without constant interruptions. We did not feel rushed, but when we were ready to go we did not have to wait forever to leave.Special Features:
- Always Fabulous...GourmandVIPDined on 10/1/2014I haven't been here in over 10 years...and still wonderful! One of the top in Santa Fe!Special Features:
- Great combos2stisfiedDined on 9/29/2014Many restaurants try to be different by creating strange food combinations that don't work. Geronimos has some very different creations that work perfectly. We had fois gras and Scottish salmon followed by a carmelized banana cream pie - all were prepared different than usual but great. Many seperatel rooms make you feel like you are in a small restaurant. Servers had great support .Special Features:
- Wow!sundogDined on 9/28/2014Fabulous food, ambiance and outstanding service. Outstanding experience at every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a special placebarryVIPDined on 9/28/2014this is simply spectacular. Every bite is a treat and I wish that I had not saved the reservation for the last evening in santa fe so we could have gone back. We are going to go back to sF and will go to Geronimo right away-every dish was fantastic and since it was our special night they gave us a special celebratory dessert which was really nice. The service is knowledgeable and friendly. In fact we probably would have ordered a different wine but were old there was a better choice for us and it was terrific and by the way less expensiveSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!HoustonGirlDined on 9/27/2014We dined at Geronimo on Sep 27 and could not have asked for a better way to end our day in Santa Fe. Our group of four had a wonderful evening and a delicious dinner to celebrate my fiance's birthday. The service was great and everyone was very nice and always had a smile on their face. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great SpotJackfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding ! Very comfortable, up-scale setting, with great ambience. Superb variety and excellent menu options. Crab cakes delicious as were the sea bass and the spicy shrimp. Very good wine list including some special wines by the glass, e.g., Caymus 40th Anniversary Cabernet and ZD Chardonnay.Special Features:
- It's the experienceZGZ747Dined on 9/27/2014Geronimo continues to be what you think a fine dining establishment should be. You have an experience there that leaves you feeling like you were part of something special. Ask for Chris Harvey and thank him and his partner Chef for a job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceSavannah12Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant lives up to the hype. Beautiful interior with food to match and very attentive service. I tried elk for the first time and it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best for over 20 yearsGreviewVIPDined on 9/26/2014Tradition of excellence yet innovation. Intelligent staff. New tastes: smoked lobster tail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MeanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Six of us ate here during a trip to Santa Fe and enjoyed a fabulous meal. Our server, David, was very attentive and knowledgeable and certainly made our experience a memorable one. Everyone of the dishes we ordered were delicious and beautifullly prepared. We all thought it was one of the best evenings we had had in awhile. We would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.